What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Incognito - Martin texts - Miami Dolphins fiasco (1 Viewer)

The only big deal appears to be that Martin accused Incognito of threatening him, being a racist and a gay basher. The texts just appear to show two friends bantying back and forth. Incognito looks to have been blind-sided by Martin and/or Martin's agent

WTF? These 2 sure texted like buddies. Martin looking to get paid?

I feel stupider for having read that stuff. You couldn't invent a couple of meat heads more closely fitting every stereotype you'd ever care to attach to the modern rich, hulking pro athlete.

Mind boggling if these texts are complete and accurate, that the story reached the level it did. Seems like maybe Martin suffers from anxiety and Incognito was made to be a scapegoat for "bullying", since he already had a reputation for being a meathead.

I feel stupider for having read that stuff. You couldn't invent a couple of meat heads more closely fitting every stereotype you'd ever care to attach to the modern rich, hulking pro athlete.
What exactly were you expecting?

wow - not what I was expecting at all.....definitely think Incognito got short end of the stick now.....conversations definitely not for those offended easy but Martin never let on he was feeling uncomfortable and gave as good as he got.....then last few messages show he didnt think it was Incognito and more of a mental issue....very interested to see how this turns out

wow - not what I was expecting at all.....definitely think Incognito got short end of the stick now.....conversations definitely not for those offended easy but Martin never let on he was feeling uncomfortable and gave as good as he got.....then last few messages show he didnt think it was Incognito and more of a mental issue....very interested to see how this turns out
If that is the case and Martin let Incognito's get dragged through the mud over all these months, he's lower than scum IMO. I'm very sympathetic to mental illness but we all saw what was said about Incognito in the media. It's inexcusable to let that go on when you know it's all bs and you can defuse the situation with a simple press release or interview to set the record straight.

If that is the case and Martin let Incognito's get dragged through the mud over all these months, he's lower than scum IMO. I'm very sympathetic to mental illness but we all saw what was said about Incognito in the media. It's inexcusable to let that go on when you know it's all bs and you can defuse the situation with a simple press release or interview to set the record straight.
Completely agree. I just read the whole thing, they seemed like good buds, and Richie seemed kida shocked at the end when things started to hit the press. If it turns out that this is all on Martin blowing this out of proportion without diffusing it, mental illness or not he'll never be trusted in an NFL locker room again. Full reinstatement for for Incognito also.

I read all of the texts last night (and am now likely much dumber as a result), but it sure looked nothing like it was initially portrayed by the media.

Martin and Incognito appear to be close friends in the texts who jokingly rip on each other as close friends often do. Incognito is definitely a crude brash guy who appeared to enjoy making rookies pick up the tab, but he certainly didn't come off as the over-the-top racist bully that he was made out to be by the media and/or Martin. Strange development in this story.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that Martin isn't as innocent as everyone thought he was. Martin is soft sissy who ratted out a friend to what benefit, I guess we will find out at a later date.

I would be willing to be that Martin's mommy is tied into how it was handled.
Why do you think that?
She is a well known employment lawyer who specializes in workplace harassment. Methinks she gave him some advice to take this route after he left the team because he was a bit of a sissy.
Go on
A guy who is a little soft on the field is having a tough time. He has some slight mental issues or insecurity. He bails on the team. His agent tells him he has to go back or he loses big money. The guy talks to mommy, who also happens to be a Harvard-educated lawyer on workplace harassment. She tells him that he has grounds that they are bullying him and it snowballs from there. Martin's family is pretty well versed in that part of the law.

Incognito got screwed by the Dolphins.

Funny read.
True but he got paid minus 1 game check I think, $5M on the season, don't cry too hard for him.
Ok, didn't realize he was getting paid. But still, guy was crucified in the court of public opinion by idiots who didn't know the whole story.
But you do need to acknowledge…you meaning everyone really not you in particular, but you do need to acknowledge that Incognito is a bonafide nut job and I bet any of us who could have had the same role Martin had would be in here nightly on the FFA telling crazy Incognito stories. The perfect storm is what we saw, a nut job who's actions and words were twisted the wrong way by an overly hurt feelings LT.

It really is bizarre and I said this the other day, there are no winners. And the fans got the worst of it, robbed of much of the season by this disco and then left trying to figure out what to do int he front office, this guy really screwed the Miami Dolphins for selecting him.

Why do you think that?
She is a well known employment lawyer who specializes in workplace harassment. Methinks she gave him some advice to take this route after he left the team because he was a bit of a sissy.
Go on
A guy who is a little soft on the field is having a tough time. He has some slight mental issues or insecurity. He bails on the team. His agent tells him he has to go back or he loses big money. The guy talks to mommy, who also happens to be a Harvard-educated lawyer on workplace harassment. She tells him that he has grounds that they are bullying him and it snowballs from there. Martin's family is pretty well versed in that part of the law.
This is good stuff, his mom is a legal attorney, what does she specialize in? Is she an ambulance chaser?

Why do you think that?
Go on
This is good stuff, his mom is a legal attorney, what does she specialize in? Is she an ambulance chaser?
When I say that she is well versed in workplace harassment, I mean that she is a published author. Enough so that she had a regular area in USA Today. She is a high-up corporate attorney at Toyota or one of those huge companies. She is not some ham and egger.

I loved this exchange

12/17/2012 17:48

Hahaha

Jonathan Martin

12/17/2012 17:48

I'll be there soon

Jonathan Martin

12/17/2012 17:51

F u

Richie Incognito

12/17/2012 17:53

Ima egg your house & light a bag of #### on fire then ring your doorbell

Jonathan Martin

12/17/2012 17:54

I'm going to shoot you and claim self defense

Richie Incognito

12/17/2012 17:55

I'm white ur black I'll walk

Richie Incognito

12/17/2012 17:58

I'm gonna give McDonald bath salts & lock him in your house with a tranquilizer gun & a box of sand paper condoms

Jonathan Martin

12/17/2012 17:59

Hahaha

Richie Incognito

12/18/2012 13:40

Wassup noob

Richie Incognito

Last edited by a moderator:

Funny read.
True but he got paid minus 1 game check I think, $5M on the season, don't cry too hard for him.
Ok, didn't realize he was getting paid. But still, guy was crucified in the court of public opinion by idiots who didn't know the whole story.
Hope the Jets sign him.
You know the Jets and Pats will be on a short list so he can take some revenge out on Miami twice. His career is winding down, maybe 1-2 more decent years, he might as well get back at the Phins and Ross.

My favorite text was the MEME with the smiling woman and the dog where it says "I will murder.... your whole f'ing family." I remember when this thing first blew up and the press getting ahold of this. Incognito threatened to kill Martin's family.

Did Martin's people really feel the whole story wouldn't get out? This is crazy.

Funny read.
Hope the Jets sign him.
You know the Jets and Pats will be on a short list so he can take some revenge out on Miami twice. His career is winding down, maybe 1-2 more decent years, he might as well get back at the Phins and Ross.
With the circus atmosphere that surrounds the Jets every year, they could do alot worse than getting Incognito.

Users who are viewing this thread