What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting stuff in your wife's purse (1 Viewer)

When out with your wife/SO do you put your wallet, keys, etc.. in their purse?

• Yes, everything

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Yes, but just some items

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • No, I can carry it myself thanks

Votes: 84 64.6%

• Total voters

AAABatteries

Footballguy
When I go places with my wife I ask her to put my keys and wallet in her purse. Sometimes sunglasses. I can't stand having stuff in my pockets. She seems to think I'm the only man in the world who does this. So, is she right?

'd recommend something like this http://www.colehaan.com/whitman-card-case-with-money-clip-black/A84011.html?dwvar_A84011_color=Black&dwvar_A84011_width=M#cgid=mens_accessories&start=144

I have an older version which is unfortunately discontinued that I think is better, but this one will suffice... Half if not more the size of just about any wallet. Gave it to my groomsmen as part of my gifts for them, they all use it and love it.

I like carrying my own phone... On rare occasions I'll have her hold the keys, but for the most part I carry everything.

I leave sunglasses in the car champ. I don't wear them on my head or on my ####### hat, or on my head, or backwards, or on a ####### necklace.

I also don't wear pants so skinny they don't at least accommodate the essentials.

This is a pansy poll.

I leave sunglasses in the car champ. I don't wear them on my head or on my ####### hat, or on my head, or backwards, or on a ####### necklace.

I also don't wear pants so skinny they don't at least accommodate the essentials.

This is a pansy poll.
The only time I ask my wife to carry my sunglasses is if I'm switching to regular glasses because the sun has gone down. I don't want to wear one pair of glasses and have another in my shirt pocket or whatever.

brohans hell yes i do my old lady has a purse that is a lot like a small shed i put my keys in there my wallet my shades and sometimes a ham sandwich in a plastic bag if we are going to be out running errands because i get hungry and no way i am paying some dude with two first names to much to make me a sandwich just because he does it in a hurry so heck yea if your wife is going throw her back out lugging around a rucksack you might as well get something good out of it take that to the bank brohans

When I go places with my wife I ask her to put my keys and wallet in her purse. Sometimes sunglasses. I can't stand having stuff in my pockets. She seems to think I'm the only man in the world who does this. So, is she right?
If she has room for the keys, absolutely. I hate having keys in my pocket. Maybe my cell if we are going to be walking around a lot. This is all based on summer attire, i.e. shorts. In the winter when I am wearing heavier pants and maybe even a jacket, then I no longer do this.

Not sure why you wouldn't do this. The extra calories she'd burn as a result of carrying the weight of your keys around should amount to a pound of weight loss every 20 years or so.

This is a pansy poll.
The only time I ask my wife to carry my sunglasses is if I'm switching to regular glasses because the sun has gone down. I don't want to wear one pair of glasses and have another in my shirt pocket or whatever.
Apparently, you are a pansy.

This is a pansy poll.
Apparently, you are a pansy.
Well maybe but not sure what that has to do with my sunglasses.

brohans hell yes i do my old lady has a purse that is a lot like a small shed i put my keys in there my wallet my shades and sometimes a ham sandwich in a plastic bag if we are going to be out running errands because i get hungry and no way i am paying some dude with two first names to much to make me a sandwich just because he does it in a hurry so heck yea if your wife is going throw her back out lugging around a rucksack you might as well get something good out of it take that to the bank brohans
Wait, are you eating the sammich at the bank?

Completely forgot about phone - always keep that with me. Keys and wallet go in her purse - glasses I keep on me unless we are going indoors and then I'll have her put them with the rest. I'm not taking a chance on a punctured sack carrying keys in my pocket.

hey brohan when you are hungry and the growling stomach starts you pull that sandwich out and you are all set if that is at the bank then bam double win for the old swcer you know where you can take one bromigo

I'm not taking a chance on a punctured sack carrying keys in my pocket.
:confused: Do your keys double as a butchers knife? I don't know if this has ever happened.
The ####### key to our van is huge - one wrong move and I'm Tupac
brohan i guess this should probably go without saying because you seem like you get it but that is a conversion van i hope and not some import hovercraft minivan thing please do not let me known bromigo take that to the bank

Completely forgot about phone - always keep that with me. Keys and wallet go in her purse - glasses I keep on me unless we are going indoors and then I'll have her put them with the rest. I'm not taking a chance on a punctured sack carrying keys in my pocket.
The only reason for this is that you are a elementary school janitor or you have elephantitis balls.

The only reason for this is that you are a elementary school janitor or you have elephantitis balls.
Or I'm exaggerating. But I'll go with elephantitis balls.

brohan life works in mysterious ways one minute you think you know some one and then the next minute they are cruising around in a odasyee man what is day is night and what is up is down sometimes i guess enjoy you indiviidual thermostat settings and ruining detroit take that to the bank brohans

SWC said:
brohan life works in mysterious ways one minute you think you know some one and then the next minute they are cruising around in a odasyee man what is day is night and what is up is down sometimes i guess enjoy you indiviidual thermostat settings and ruining detroit take that to the bank brohans
I could not have said it better myself.

Because I'm not stupid.

If you can't fit your keys in your pocket, you have too many keys or too much #### with your keys (discount cards, bottle opener, whatever).

AAABatteries said:
What do you do with those things when not with her? Are you constantly bothered by them in your pockets?

The keys thing seems odd. Sunglasses I can see I guess, especially since I'm always running into burning buildings and saving lives and ####.

Purse is also good for flask smuggling.

AAABatteries said:
What do you do with those things when not with her? Are you constantly bothered by them in your pockets?
Good question. At work the first thing I do when I get to my desk is take my wallet and keys out and put in my bag - only carry my phone on me until I either leave for lunch or to go home. Other times I try to leave what I can in my car and just deal with it otherwise. Honestly, the big deal is my wallet - even though I try to keep what I have in there to a minimum it's still enough where I can't have it in my back pocket or it causes me problems with my hip/back. I basically will put it in my front pocket if I'm forced to carry it.

Really the point of this was to make sure I wasn't insane and the only person who does it. Seems about evenly split right now so it's at least not controversial.

Really weird IMO. Use your pockets like a man.
Real men use their pockets, huh?

The other thing I was waiting to point out is that IF my wife doesn't have her purse then I carry everything for both of us. Chick shorts/pants usually can't hold much so I have to carry it all which I really hate.

Maybe I should get a man purse.

I hate keys and wallet in pocket. Not sure why it's more manly to have extra #### in your pockets. I would just put them somewhere if I could (at home, at work).

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate keys and wallet in pocket. Not sure why it's more manly to have extra #### in your pockets. I would just put them somewhere if I could (at home, at work).
It's more manly because letting your wife carry things for you relinquishes control and appears weak. I can see the practical side of the argument, but I don't like the idea of asking my wife for my things ever.

Only time my wife carries my stuff is if we are at beach and then beach bar type place. She has a bag and I have just my bathing suit with one small pocket

Users who are viewing this thread