What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 2014 Startup Draft Results Thread (1 Viewer)

QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex 0.5 RB 1.0 WR/TE PPR

Some crazy picks and I think 45 rookies were taken in this 22 rd'er

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=65569&O=17
Garçon before Cobb. Lol
Not sure that is "lol" worthy. If RG3 comes back healthy, and improves on his year 1 play, is it that crazy to think Garcon could put up huge numbers? I know the knee is a big concern, but if he stays healthy, I think the Skins passing game could be very very good. (that being said, I draft Cobb first too, but Garcon doesn't get enough credit around here IMO)

Last edited by a moderator:

Garçon before Cobb. Lol
Not sure that is "lol" worthy. If RG3 comes back healthy, and improves on his year 1 play, is it that crazy to think Garcon could put up huge numbers? I know the knee is a big concern, but if he stays healthy, I think the Skins passing game could be very very good. (that being said, I draft Cobb first too, but Garcon doesn't get enough credit around here IMO)
Cobb's 4 years younger and better. It's pretty bad. If they were the same age then maybe I could see it.

Garçon before Cobb. Lol
Cobb's 4 years younger and better. It's pretty bad. If they were the same age then maybe I could see it.
Cobb's 4 years younger and better in a much better situation.
Both this. I find it hard to believe that Garcon will keep up with the production he had last year... IMO the Skins are going to be looking to get a big bodied receiver (or any receiver for that matter) in this draft which could potentially hurt him and if anything at all knock down his targets a bit.

I wouldn't because Gordon's one mistake away from a year ban. Matter of fact I would trade Gordon right now. He's worth several 1st and a prospect to the right owner.

I wouldn't because Gordon's one mistake away from a year ban. Matter of fact I would trade Gordon right now. He's worth several 1st and a prospect to the right owner.
Offered Vereen, Blackmon and 1.08 for Gordon and was laughed out of the room. Both receivers are studs and are one mistake away from big trouble.The guy also turned down McCoy for Gordon straight from another dude.

Some have a strange obsession with Gordon though. His value will never be higher and he will never have the season he had last year. I love Gordon, don't get me wrong but at some point you need to take value. I can afford the move and he needs runners desperately while he is loaded at WR and still wont part with him.

I see this with Gordon owners in all my leagues.

Offered Vereen, Blackmon and 1.08 for Gordon and was laughed out of the room. Both receivers are studs and are one mistake away from big trouble.The guy also turned down McCoy for Gordon straight from another dude.

Some have a strange obsession with Gordon though. His value will never be higher and he will never have the season he had last year. I love Gordon, don't get me wrong but at some point you need to take value. I can afford the move and he needs runners desperately while he is loaded at WR and still wont part with him.

I would probably decline this trade as well. If I'm trying to cash in on Gordon because of my concerns about his off field actions I don't want another WR with the same off field issues.

I don't consider myself a Gordon owner (although I happen to own him in a league that I don't monitor closely), but I too wouldn't trade him for Vereen/Blackmon/1.08 or McCoy (or any RB) either.

He's been going ahead of Calvin in a number of mock drafts (although I wouldn't go that far myself), so its not a surprise if it happens in real drafts.

JohnW1970 said:
This one is almost through 7 rounds. Moving slowly.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=75688&O=17

My team is Purple Cobras pretty happy with my draft so far from the 10 spot.
Into the 11th round now.
Ryan Mathews still a ridiculously good value. 8th round? Insane.
He's 27 in May and is not expected back in SD next year.
And that's a bad thing?

JohnW1970 said:

Into the 11th round now.
And that's a bad thing?
How many great spots do you think there will be next year for a 28 yo RB with a long history of injuries?

JohnW1970 said:

Into the 11th round now.
And that's a bad thing?
How many great spots do you think there will be next year for a 28 yo RB with a long history of injuries?
It didn't stop Rashad Jennings and Rashard Mendenhall from getting starting gigs. Not to mention a lesser talent like Gerhart landing one.

Users who are viewing this thread