What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Billsville Trojans - 2011 Footballguys Players Championship Winner (1 Viewer)

Alex - FFPC

Footballguy
On behalf of David Dodds, Joe Bryant, Dave Gerczak, Chris Lambert and myself, I would like to congratulate Ronald Eltanal and his team Billsville Trojans on winning the 2011 Footballguys Players Championship. This was truly one of the most incredible accomplishments in the history of high stakes fantasy football, defeating 2963 teams and winning $125,000 Grand Prize. Enjoy this moment, Ronald!!

Congrats Ron! You have officially made the big time my man! Let us all know how you plan on spending some of that "fun" money.

On behalf of David Dodds, Joe Bryant, Dave Gerczak, Chris Lambert and myself, I would like to congratulate Ronald Eltanal and his team Billsville Trojans on winning the 2011 Footballguys Players Championship. This was truly one of the most incredible accomplishments in the history of high stakes fantasy football, defeating 2963 teams and winning $125,000 Grand Prize. Enjoy this moment, Ronald!!
On behalf of Rackham's Legion (2 place behind Billsville Trojans going into week 16) congratulations Ron. A well deserved win, you're the CHAMP! Enjoy and see you next year. :bye:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I still can't believe I won, it's a surreal feeling. I still feel like a rookie to high stakes games, but I remember making it to the championship round of the NFFC about 5 or 6 years ago, and drafting in the same league as Team Legacy, thinking I would be crushed, and somehow making it to leading the field after week 14. I dropped to a finish of 8th that year, so tried not to get my hopes up this year after leading the 15th week.

Just want to do a shout out to Matt Waldman, whose upside down drafting strategy I followed pretty closely. You can see from my squad that I drafted a lot of the guys that he recommended on this site and on his rookie scouting portfolio blog (hits like CJ, Lynch, Hernandez, Bush, and Decker, as well as misses like Ingram, Harrison, Hardesty or Hill).

1.11 Calvin Johnson

2.2 Roddy White

3.11 Micheal Turner

4.2 Mark Ingram

5.11 Tom Brady

6.02 Marshawn Lynch

7.11 Aaron Hernandez

8.02 Rob Gronkowski

9.11 Michael Bush

10.02 Sidney Rice

11.11 Jermaine Gresham

12.02 Eagles D/ST

13.11 Donald Driver

14.2 Jerome Harrison

15.11 Montario Hardesty

16.2 Jason Hill

17.11 Stephen Gostkowski

18.02 Donovan McNabb

19.11 Terrell Owens

20.02 Eric Decker

--Ron

Congrats and thanks for he kind words. Glad what I do helped, but ultimately you pulled the trigger and managed your team successfully. Wildly so!

Awesome job!

Congrats Ron, I was in the same league as you (Commando Fro) and loved my team. It was fun seeing someone from my league win the whole damn thing. Impressive to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread