What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Donnell - NY Giants Tight End (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
That's it, obviously McAdoo and Eli are targeting the tight end, Larry Donnell, this is part of the game plan.

Anything discussed about the Giants and gameplan with regard to Adrien Robinson can be filled in, sans the physical attributes.

This is from the Preseason Observations thread:

Cleat Spike, on 12 Aug 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

[SIZE=9pt]Need to check in on Robinson after this first preseason game. I'm carrying him in a couple deeper PPR dynasty leagues. I tuned in to see what he looked like and it seems like they kept targeting Larry Donnell as the pass catching TE (I'm not sure if he was lined up in the backfield on his catches though), while Robinson stayed in to block. I didn't see every snap of his, but when he did release out for a pass he wasn't targeted much. It concerned me that Donnell got what seemed like a lot of looks over Robinson. I'm not sure if Donnell is just on the bubble and they are trying to see what he can do live or if they really like him better (role player) to be the pass catching TE and Robinson is the role player that blocks first and catches as a secondary option only. [/SIZE]

...[SIZE=9pt]Donnell lined up at FB a lot too, so they obviously view him as a guy they want to get on the field more in an H-back type role, so who's the sleeper here and will he eat into Robinson's chance to emerge? Can Robinson realistically emerge within all this? [/SIZE]
Seems like a potential flyer for those in the Reed and Cameron camps.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it, obviously McAdoo and Eli are targeting the tight end, Larry Donnell, this is part of the game plan.

Anything discussed about the Giants and gameplan with regard to Adrien Robinson can be filled in, sans the physical attributes.

This is from the Preseason Observations thread:

Cleat Spike, on 12 Aug 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Need to check in on Robinson after this first preseason game. I'm carrying him in a couple deeper PPR dynasty leagues. I tuned in to see what he looked like and it seems like they kept targeting Larry Donnell as the pass catching TE (I'm not sure if he was lined up in the backfield on his catches though), while Robinson stayed in to block. I didn't see every snap of his, but when he did release out for a pass he wasn't targeted much. It concerned me that Donnell got what seemed like a lot of looks over Robinson. I'm not sure if Donnell is just on the bubble and they are trying to see what he can do live or if they really like him better (role player) to be the pass catching TE and Robinson is the role player that blocks first and catches as a secondary option only.

Donnell lined up at FB a lot too, so they obviously view him as a guy they want to get on the field more in an H-back type role, so who's the sleeper here and will he eat into Robinson's chance to emerge? Can Robinson realistically emerge within all this?
Seems like a potential flyer for those in the Reed and Cameron camps.
Nice...tuned into this thread and was surprised to see my handle, ha. That was from a year ago too, jees. You're right though, it seems to be holding true now...insert Donnell for any old Robinson evals. LD does look pretty nice tonight. He's got that new age TE athleticism that looks like Thomas, Green, Bostick etc. we'll see how he looks in the 2nd half, but will probably put some claims in where I only have Dwayne Allen/Reed. As I write this Eli targets LD in the seam and he didn't turn around for the ball, pick. Eli checked out and didn't get the hand signals out it looked like.

Picked him up on a whim two days ago in a TE premium dynasty league with deep rosters. Couldn't stop thinking about the short-term relevancy Brandon Myers had with Eli. Looks like it might pay off as teams with TE issues are already sniffing around.

Picked him up on a whim two days ago in a TE premium dynasty league with deep rosters. Couldn't stop thinking about the short-term relevancy Brandon Myers had with Eli. Looks like it might pay off as teams with TE issues are already sniffing around.
Me too... Picked him up just because of what Finley was able to do in this offense and although his measurables (Donnell) aren't great he seems adequate at blocking and got some Redzone looks...

Anyone with this guy already on a dynasty roster getting any interest? I've got two owners desperate for TE help in a TE premium league sniffing around, no idea how to value him.

Half of me thinks he's a flash in the pan and should be sold for anything, the other half thinks he could easily have a similar role in the offense all year, and he looked pretty good.

I'm looking to grab him after waivers are processed. I don't think he'll have the name cache for guys in my league to place a claim on him. Hate to waste the positioning this early.

Yeah, news after preseason was that no single TE had distanced himself from the crowd and they'd basically go TEBC utilizing all their individual strengths.

That obviously isn't the case, Donnell is the guy.

Well, just sold Donnell for two rookie 3rds, a 4th and Da'Rick Rogers in a 14 team TE premium league, for reference.

Don't forget that he's facing Arizona who was historically bad against the TE last year and gave up a good stat line to a hobbled A Gates. I've got Cameron and Allen/Kelce/Donnell are on the WW. I'm leaning towards the latter based on matchup. The only downside is that Cruz whined about targets last week so I'm expecting Donnell gets less looks

Don't forget that he's facing Arizona who was historically bad against the TE last year and gave up a good stat line to a hobbled A Gates. I've got Cameron and Allen/Kelce/Donnell are on the WW. I'm leaning towards the latter based on matchup. The only downside is that Cruz whined about targets last week so I'm expecting Donnell gets less looks
Lets hope Eli looks better this week, although I don't know how he can look worse than last week

Even if Eli struggles, Donell can still produce. TE is a security blanket in the west coast offense and Eli will realize it quickly as his getting pounded in 5 step drops.

Cruz can cry all he wants, maybe he should concentrate more on getting open so he can actually get more targets. I'm starting Donnell, teams will double up on Cruz. Nicks commanded attention on the other side of Cruz, Nicks is gone now Cruz gets all the attention now others will get the targets.

Arizona has some great DB play on the outsides with Peterson and Cromartie. In week 1 Rivers threw for 238 yards. 81 of those yards went to old man Gates and 24 of those yards went to Green. 105 yards to the TEs. The WR's were ineffective.

Expect a lot of stuff in the middle of the field this week for Eli and Donnel could have another nice game in week 2 versus the Cardinals.

For those of us Jordan Reed drafter's I love me some Larry (is it DON-ell or don-ELL)? Eli has locks on him and he catches everything. 17 targets/12 catches/1 td and red zone love. Choo fn Choo!

For those of us Jordan Reed drafter's I love me some Larry (is it DON-ell or don-ELL)? Eli has locks on him and he catches everything. 17 targets/12 catches/1 td and red zone love. Choo fn Choo!
I'm in the same boat, drafted Reed in 2 leagues, picked up Donell in both. I liked what I have seen so far in 2 weeks.

+1

I owe it all to the week 1 game day thread. Some Giants fan on there was saying he was legit so I targeted him in waivers. Really saved me with Reed out. Love his consistent targets. Great waiver find so far.

Took him over Kelce for a rainy day. I don't even know what he looks like. Larry Donnell sounds like the talkative fat guy who works in the printing dept at Office Max.

Is he a big target in the redzone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Took him over Kelce for a rainy day. I don't even know what he looks like. Larry Donnell sounds like the talkative fat guy who works in the printing dept at Office Max.

Is he a big target in the redzone?
He's not sexy but he has teeth.

Decent RZ target thus far.

Great waiver find so far.
He could be this year's Jordan Reed off of waivers.

He's still sitting on one of my waivers right now... I'm thinking about dropping Kelce to pick him up.
Get him. He was sitting there for two weeks in my league. The first week I was surprised and kept looking at his name. When he was still there, I had to make room for him, especially as a safety net as a Gronk owner.

How does this guy not have more attention here?!?!? Christine Michael and Lache ####### Seastrunk have page after page of hype, meanwhile Larry Donnell is on pace for 80 catches and 10+ TD's, and we are still on page one!

Wake up, sheeple!

How does this guy not have more attention here?!?!? Christine Michael and Lache ####### Seastrunk have page after page of hype, meanwhile Larry Donnell is on pace for 80 catches and 10+ TD's, and we are still on page one!

Wake up, sheeple!
People still chasing after running back unicorns (OMG< if he just got 5 catches and 25 carries, he'd be a beast!!!!!!) when pass catchers are where the points are now.

Put in a claim for Kelce and didn't get him. Coin flipped for Donnell and Paul and went with Donnell. Plugged in Donnell this week. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I'm 1-9 combined in all of my leagues.

But when everyone was clamoring over Forsett I dropped just 4% of my FAAB on Donnell instead.

The one right move I made

:thumbup:

Had a deal worked out where i was trading away gronk with donnell as my backup but then i chickened put. Noce to see those 25+ pts on my bench

Users who are viewing this thread