What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yelling from locker room, Brandon Marshall calling out his QB (1 Viewer)

Locally, Marshall is very unhappy about the 3-4 start. He specifically stated that after the game - and that appears to be the reason he went off.

He also stated how great Jeffrey, Bennett and the o-line is - leaving out Cutler.

It was reported he yelled at Gould when Gould said something like "let's all try and stay positive" - can;t blame Marshall for that

I have no problem with this. For Years Cutler got a pass because he had no WRs and a terrible OL. Now the Bears are losing because of Jay. It had to be said.

No issue...this is who Marshall is. Cutler is a big boy and they'll make up.

I'm guessing he was pissed at the QB not taking care of the ball. Cutler is being WAY too careless so he has a point. He's never seemed like a guy that could properly express himself, or do it in a positive way. Again, it's who he is.

No story here.

No issue...this is who Marshall is. Cutler is a big boy and they'll make up.

I'm guessing he was pissed at the QB not taking care of the ball. Cutler is being WAY too careless so he has a point. He's never seemed like a guy that could properly express himself, or do it in a positive way. Again, it's who he is.

No story here.
It was reported that players had to be pulled out of the locker room. There is at least a little story there...

Edited to add: reported by Stoltz

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably needs his meds adjusted. I'm actually serious.
Apparently his condition isn't something that can be treated with medication. It's something that he has to battle every day. If everyone was aware of his condition, this wouldn't be a story. In fact, it might be the opposite. "Brandon Marshall does a relatively good job of keeping his cool after being incredibly frustrated after the Bears loss"

Apparently his condition isn't something that can be treated with medication. It's something that he has to battle every day. If everyone was aware of his condition, this wouldn't be a story. In fact, it might be the opposite. "Brandon Marshall does a relatively good job of keeping his cool after being incredibly frustrated after the Bears loss"
Everyone should see Football Life: Brandon Marshall... may have been the best edition ever. It took guts for him to come out and talk about his condition, against the advice of his doctor and friends.

Hey, someone has to call out Jay Cutler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he has bipolar disorder, but looked it up and he has borderline personality disorder. You are right, borderline personality doesn't respond to meds.

What a d-bag
Why, because he's PO'd that his QB continues to get a pass for making rookie mistakes on a weekly basis?
Cutler had a bad game and he is the problem? The defense didnt do great today, they got owned by Tannehill. He is making some mistakes, but its not all on him.
I understand; however, it feels like this is a constant about Cutler. Nine years of "should be great" but "not quite there yet."

Just to add a little context to this - Cutler and Bandon are very good friends off the field. They've been described (weirdly enough) as a married couple.

brohans maybe marshall gets a pass and maybe him and cutlery hold hands walking on navy pier but i do not care who or what excuses you make when big dogs on your team are screaming at eachother and other dudes in the locker room it is not a good thing it just is not even if they make up it shows the edgyness that is goin on just below the surface and i bet it will really make some guys feel bad so hey there you have it take that to the bank bromigos

What a d-bag
Why, because he's PO'd that his QB continues to get a pass for making rookie mistakes on a weekly basis?
Cutler had a bad game and he is the problem? The defense didnt do great today, they got owned by Tannehill. He is making some mistakes, but its not all on him.
I understand; however, it feels like this is a constant about Cutler. Nine years of "should be great" but "not quite there yet."
He is a good QB and is a gun slinger, he just doesnt get wins, Its just the thing about Cutler. Whoever the Bears have at QB is a good fantasy QB. Bennett didnt do him any favors dropping the ball, Marshall had a few drops int he endzone too. Romo is the same way, Cutler will get hot again.

Inept Bears just sinking lower and lower while the McCaskeys drink top shelf scotch laughing all the way to the bank. Cutler is a mess and is now on point for the majority of the blame. The defense owns a good portion but the interceptions and the manner in which he just disappears is mind boggling. LOL at the chumps that take shots at Marshall for being vocal. Like the majority of Bears fans, he is tired of watching the clown car roll down the highway of hijinks. Marshall is no where near the problem. Take him off the team and you have some real stink.

IMO, the problem is the offense the coach wants to run. He wants to run a wide open score 40 pts show. He needs to run the ball more. 14 rushes by Forte is a problem

IMO, the problem is the offense the coach wants to run. He wants to run a wide open score 40 pts show. He needs to run the ball more. 14 rushes by Forte is a problem
coach has always been the problem throughout cutler's career

also, the gm for putting cutler on the team

Dude, I hope you aren't being serious. I know Marshall has a condition, but he still needs to be held accountable for his actions... I don't want to know what you standards of behavior are for him...

tourette's?

Inept Bears just sinking lower and lower while the McCaskeys drink top shelf scotch laughing all the way to the bank. Cutler is a mess and is now on point for the majority of the blame. The defense owns a good portion but the interceptions and the manner in which he just disappears is mind boggling. LOL at the chumps that take shots at Marshall for being vocal. Like the majority of Bears fans, he is tired of watching the clown car roll down the highway of hijinks. Marshall is no where near the problem. Take him off the team and you have some real stink.
yuuuuuuup

Good for Brandon Marhall for calling out his team. The Bears are far too talented to be 3-4--and they are far too talented on the offensive end to be struggling so hard. As the manager of a business--I can testify that in an ideal world--every employee would/should give everything they have every day they work. For the most part--I'm blessed to have a staff that carries this same kind of passion--but every now and then bad habits creep in and spread. As uncomfortable it is to do so--sometimes I have to call employees/staff out--obviously in a more subdued and civil way than what Marshall did. However, the dynamics of a locker room and an office are obviously different--and effectively Marshall did what I just described. I'm sure there are many things about brandon marshall that aren't perfect that can easily be made fun of--but taking passion in his work--and vocally showing his desire to win in this particular instance is not one of them (in my opinion).

Per multiple reports, there was yelling galore in the Chicago locker room. Guard Kyle Long ripped fans for booing the team and for not making enough noise on third down.“Wasn’t just running around blaming the fans,” Long said on Twitter. “I was asked about it and I said what I said.”

Receiver Brandon Marshall didn’t blame anyone specifically. Generally, his sentiments were clear.

“We’re 3-4. We need to play better,” Marshall said. “That’s unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Shouldn’t have lost today. Shouldn’t be 3-4. Offense gotta play better. Simple as that . . . We’re 3-4. We’re 3-4. It’s unacceptable. Unacceptable. Want me to say it again? 3-4 is unacceptable.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/third-home-loss-sparks-turmoil-in-bears-locker-room/

Users who are viewing this thread