What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

defensive scoring (1 Viewer)

Rules seems to indicate both the individual AND the team D gets

6 points for a score. Are the team defense scoring TD(s) posted

after the game?, because the neither the Packers or Saints D has

points for their respective TD's "in game" scoring on FFPC.

Rules clearly show they should receive credit for the TD so I hope this gets corrected. was wondering the same thing last night.

To me, it doesn't look like the defense gets credit for these TDs. The player clearly does, but the rule seems to say if the "Defensive Special Team" scored, your defense would get the TD. To me, that means if they return a fumble for a TD on a kickoff or punt, ("Defensive..." Special Team) not actually scoring on the return itself. I could be wrong, and didn't have my defense team last year have their ST return kicks or punts for TDs, but that's how i intrepret the wording of the rule.

It's clearly listed under defense/ST scoring that the team receives 6 points for a kickoff/punt return. The player also receives 6 points. So last night Sproles AND the Saints D are supposed to get 6 points each. Cobb and the Packers D get 6 points each as well. So far not showing up for the D/ST. But a lot of sites take time to adjust the D scoring. Hopefully this is teh case here.

Special Teams RulesCategory Special Teams Rule Modified

Kickoff Return Touchdowns 1 rule defined:

For position: QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, Ks

6.0 point(s) for each kickoff return touchdown

9/5/2011 9:56 am

Punt Return Touchdowns 1 rule defined:

For position: QBs, RBs, WRs, TEs, Ks

6.0 point(s) for each punt return touchdown

Hopefully we'll get some clarification today.

Last edited by a moderator:
After re-reading it looks like the D/ST doesn't get credit :thumbdown: just the player....

It's not super clear though - hopefully we'll get some clarification today. First time in fppc but that rule seems weird. I've played in leagues where the D/ST AND the player get credit for teh TD but never where ONLY the player gets credit....

If you had NO or GB defenses last night you get credit for the punt & kick returns TDs in the FFPC leagues. Last year it usually took until all the games were played to adjust the score.

'irish eyes said:
If you had NO or GB defenses last night you get credit for the punt & kick returns TDs in the FFPC leagues. Last year it usually took until all the games were played to adjust the score.
Thanks Irish Eyes! :thumbup: Good to know!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to say I agree with this (I don't), but the rules pretty clearly show that you guys will be waiting for a while...

It states in the league rules that when the receiving team scores on a PR / KR, only INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS get points:

However, if the kicking team scores in either situation, then the TEAM gets the points...

I did not get any credit yet for the 2 49ers ST TDs too. I have won my match up already but I still want the points since total points matter....Why is no one from FBG Staff responding to this? ANyone PM Dodds yet?

I PM'd D Dodds days ago alerting him to the nature of this post and would he

kindly clarify the rules with a reply here.................

If someone else would care to do the same we would all benefit.

This is under DEFENSIVE rules from ffpc site:

Defensive SPECIAL TEAMS Touchdowns 1 rule defined:

For position: Def/STs

6.0 point(s) for each defensive special teams touchdown

I know individual players get points, but what does the above mean if the team D

does not get the corresponding TD points as well?

I PM'd D Dodds days ago alerting him to the nature of this post and would hekindly clarify the rules with a reply here.................If someone else would care to do the same we would all benefit.This is under DEFENSIVE rules from ffpc site:Defensive SPECIAL TEAMS Touchdowns 1 rule defined:For position: Def/STs 6.0 point(s) for each defensive special teams touchdown I know individual players get points, but what does the above mean if the team D does not get the corresponding TD points as well?
Last year Def/STs did get points for TDs scored,but for some reason it took awhile for them to show up on the scores.

Obviously some of you have NOT read earlier replies by guys who played last year - YES the DST do get credit for the scores (as well as the individual player in your lineup).

You should't be looking to see that until tomorrow morning when the Week 1 games are Completed - but it WILL be there

Special teams TD's for Saints and Packers HAVE been posted to their teams.

Thanks you to those who posted and attempted to clarify this............

Users who are viewing this thread