What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Akeem Ayers (1 Viewer)

kb488

Footballguy
I've always felt Ayers had talent but was capped by playing SLB the last few years in the Titans defense. With the switch with Horton, I've seen a couple reports suggest he plays OLB, and one report suggest he moves inside.... the common theme with all of the analysis was that Ayers had the most to gain out of the Titans LBs with Hortons 3-4.

Where do you see Ayers fitting in with Horton's defense - OLB or ILB and what kind of production can we expect? Also what would his current price be in rookie picks. Obviously he was the ultimate buy low pre-horton...but now I feel his price has definitely gained in value.

Thoughts?

Crap shoot... Whoever ends up inside has value, whoever ends up outside will be a limited/flex option. Seems to me like McCarthy, Brown and Fokou are more suited to move inside. I'd even think Gooden would be an option over Ayers to move inside. I've been rolling the dice on McCarthy and Browns talent over the others this offseason.

Also the possibility of drafting a LB, although I think they are more likely to take a OT in the first

Crap shoot... Whoever ends up inside has value, whoever ends up outside will be a limited/flex option. Seems to me like McCarthy, Brown and Fokou are more suited to move inside. I'd even think Gooden would be an option over Ayers to move inside. I've been rolling the dice on McCarthy and Browns talent over the others this offseason.
I think i just read somewhere that Fokou is a FA.

I think i just read somewhere that Fokou is a FA.
Not unless he's been cut. Under contract at 1.4m this year.

Fokou was only relevant last year because McCarthy started last season injured and fell into Munchak doghouse. A healthy McCarthy should get 1st crack at inside LB , with Brown taking the other inside spot, which leaves Ayers on the outside. If Ayers has any chance of being relevant, he needs someone on the opposite side to do it. And even then I doubt he does much. Barr or Mack would be a great addition.

Users who are viewing this thread