What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Consensus PPR Dynasty Rankings- QB13 (1 Viewer)

Consensus PPR Dynasty Rankings- QB13

• Total voters

loqutis

Footballguy
Consensus PPR Dynasty Rankings- QB13

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Cam Newton

3. Matthew Stafford

4. Drew Brees

5. Tom Brady

6. Philip Rivers

7. Eli Manning

8. Andrew Luck

9. Robert Griffin III

10. Tony Romo

11. Matt Ryan

12. Ben Roethlisberger

I think that there are a few good choices here at QB #13 - but given that this is for dynasty purposes, I like Bradford around here - especially with the extra picks that they secured in trading down this year (hopefully they can surround him with a few more weapons!)

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher: Sam Bradford can become best QB in league

Clifton Brown Sporting News

St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher believes Sam Bradford can become the NFL’s best quarterback.

It’s important to Fisher that Bradford becomes an elite quarterback, because his development will play a large role in determining Fisher’s success or failure.

The Rams had the No. 2 pick in the draft when the 2011 season ended, giving them the opportunity to draft one of the top two quarterback prospects—Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III. Instead, they traded the No. 2 pick to the Redskins, moved down to the No. 6 pick and acquired a second-round pick this year, plus first-round picks in 2013 and 2014.

The Rams think they already have their franchise guy in Bradford.

“There’s a number of friends of mine in the league that know the league, and I had one of them tell me during the process that they thought Sam may be one of the better quarterbacks—or the best quarterback—in the league … he just hasn’t had a chance to prove it yet,” Fisher said on ESPN’s “Mike & Mike in the Morning.” “That weighed very heavily in my opinion. Very, very, impressive player. I think he has a tremendous upside.’’

Fisher has been busier than he bargained for since becoming the Rams’ head coach, with defensive coordinator Gregg Williams being suspended indefinitely for his role in the Saints’ bounty scandal. Fisher hasn’t announced a replacement for Williams—and has indicated he’ll use a committee approach to the job. If Williams is ever reinstated, Fisher said he would consider rehiring him.

“Gregg is very, very remorseful at this point—he regrets everything that took place,” Fisher said.

Williams will have plenty of time to think about his wrongdoings. Meanwhile, Fisher hopes he’s right about how good Bradford will be.
I know that Fisher is saying some positive things to boost Bradford's confidence, but I also don't think that the Rams would have traded down if they didn't genuinely think that Bradford wasn't legitimately a guy who could develop into a franchise type of QB.After Bradford's rookie year, his dynasty stock was quite high. After his sophomore slump, his dynasty stock has taken a bit of a beating, so I am seeing as an opportunity to buy at a better value with plenty of upside!

I don't even know why he's on the list.
I didn't vote for him - but if you still think he'll be a difference maker for a year or three then it would make sense to draft him as QB13. You could always back him up with a young upside guy like Bradford, Locker, Dalton, etc.
So you take Manning in round 4 as your starter and hope one of these young QBs will be available in round 9 in a Dynasty Startup league?

Personally I'm really high on Jake Locker..voted for him for QB 13 here... He has a shot to be the best qb of that draft class, even better than Cam.

I don't even know why he's on the list.
I didn't vote for him - but if you still think he'll be a difference maker for a year or three then it would make sense to draft him as QB13. You could always back him up with a young upside guy like Bradford, Locker, Dalton, etc.
So you take Manning in round 4 as your starter and hope one of these young QBs will be available in round 9 in a Dynasty Startup league?
Is QB13 going in Round 4 of start-ups? I don't see every team having their starting QB (and one team having 2 QBs already) by Round 4 - maybe I'm wrong about that though. If that did happen I certainly wouldn't draft the 13th QB in ROund 4 as I think I'd be able to wait.I don't think it would be terrible taking him in Round 6 or 7 and then backing him up in Round 9 with a young guy I like, like Locker or Dalton.

That's the prevailing advice here on the board. Wait till round 4-5 to take your QB. At which point any stud is already gone and run starts on serviceable QBs.

Throw in the fact that this is a dynasty and there's NO way Someone gets Dalton super or Locker super late.

Users who are viewing this thread