What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bochy to manage the Giants (1 Viewer)

the rover

Footballguy
Bochy is awful at handling a pitching staff. The team had success in spite of him. As a Dodgers fan, I love this, since it means the Giants will be mediocre for years.

probably the most wrong post in the history of the internet.

dodger fans.. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, Bochy has won 3 of the last 5 World Series, but the Giants finished ten games under last season. :thumbdown:
I keep hearing people say this. 76-86 is not 10 games under .500
They lost 10 more than they won. Seems close enough.
Saying the bolded is true and acccurate. Saying they finished "10 games under .500" is not.

:shrug:
How many games would they have to win to get to .500?

Sure, Bochy has won 3 of the last 5 World Series, but the Giants finished ten games under last season. :thumbdown:
I keep hearing people say this. 76-86 is not 10 games under .500
They lost 10 more than they won. Seems close enough.
Saying the bolded is true and acccurate. Saying they finished "10 games under .500" is not.

:shrug:
The "games behind" number is sometimes made in reference to ".500" (even in wins and losses) although in this particular context, the word "behind" is replaced by "under" or "below". In making this calculation, however, the division by two is not done. For example, a team with a record of 19 wins and 20 losses is considered as being "one game under .500", in contrast to being "one-half game behind" a team with a ".500" record of 20 wins and 20 losses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_behind

Huh. Guess I was wrong. Still sounds odd. Seems like it should be divided by 2. But I understand the logic that says that if a team is 10-20, they would need to win 10 games to get to .500. I was thinking of it from the pov of the "behind" that was mentioned. If they finished 76-86, then they would have needed to only flip around 5 games to be at .500

Meh. 3 out of the last five is what 60%?

Sounds like a failing grade to me.

Good call OP

Did you hear him on the Dan Patrick show last week. Sounds like Lou Brown the manager in Major League. He was a real good sport. Did the "Forget about the curve ball Ricky, give him the heater." line. Sounded just like the actor from the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread