What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OnePlus Android Phone (1 Viewer)

I made it to the point where it said it had a 5.5" screen. I am very happy with my G S4 mini. I would always like to have more battery life. A bigger screen won't help that.

I'd love an invite too if I can get one. I'll gladly give an invite here if I ever end up able to buy one.

I made it to the point where it said it had a 5.5" screen. I am very happy with my G S4 mini. I would always like to have more battery life. A bigger screen won't help that.
It actually sounds like the perfect size to me. It's supposedly just in between my Galaxy Note 3 and a Galaxy S4. The size of my Note 3 is awesome, but just a hair smaller would be perfection.

Also love the price on this thing, love that it's no contract, love that it's barebones Android and that you get all the Cyanogen stuff with it.

Very cool.

It actually sounds like the perfect size to me. It's supposedly just in between my Galaxy Note 3 and a Galaxy S4. The size of my Note 3 is awesome, but just a hair smaller would be perfection.

Also love the price on this thing, love that it's no contract, love that it's barebones Android and that you get all the Cyanogen stuff with it.

Very cool.
yep. I thought the same thing. I like my S5 but i wish it was a smidge bigger. And I love the fact it has Cyanogen on it - I'm a big fan of them. rooted all my old phones with it.

Kickrock.

I wonder if these are on the secondary market yet for outrageous prices. Nothing on eBay yet.

The price is decent. How are you guys carrying these phones. Saddlebags? Small Wagon pulled behind you?

So their motto is "never settle" and that they're going to give you a phone with 100% of what you want, not just 95%, yet they didn't even include things as simple as a microSD slot or removable battery.

So close.

Last edited by a moderator:
So their motto is "never settle" and that they're going to give you a phone with 100% of what you want, not just 95%, yet they didn't even include things as simple as a microSD slot or removable battery.

So close.
I don't care about those things. Do many people? My only gripe was no wireless charging.

I could live without the micro sd, if it has 32gb storage. Removable battery is a deal breaker.
Why do you need to remove the battery? When was the last time anyone removed their battery?

they also have a 64gb version for $50 more.

I could live without the micro sd, if it has 32gb storage. Removable battery is a deal breaker.
Why do you need to remove the battery? When was the last time anyone removed their battery?

Every day.

I never plug in my phone. I have a wall charger to charge a battery outside the phone. I have two extra batteries. If I'm going to have a long day, or expect heavy use, then I throw an extra battery in my pocket.

Every day.

I never plug in my phone. I have a wall charger to charge a battery outside the phone. I have two extra batteries. If I'm going to have a long day, or expect heavy use, then I throw an extra battery in my pocket.
Seems like they took the usual short cuts to keep the price down with non-removable battery and no sd card. Not much different then a Moto x. It has a bigger screen, but most people don't want to carry around phablets and I doubt an extra .8 in screen size really costs them much more. Does have latest processor and 3 gig of ram which is nice.

Every day. I never plug in my phone. I have a wall charger to charge a battery outside the phone. I have two extra batteries. If I'm going to have a long day, or expect heavy use, then I throw an extra battery in my pocket.
You can buy a charge-case or any number of external chargers for long runs between outlet / USB charges with most if not all phones at this point.

Every day. I never plug in my phone. I have a wall charger to charge a battery outside the phone. I have two extra batteries. If I'm going to have a long day, or expect heavy use, then I throw an extra battery in my pocket.
You can buy a charge-case or any number of external chargers for long runs between outlet / USB charges with most if not all phones at this point.
That's an option. But the charge cases add bulk to the phone. If I added one to my S4 mini, it would be the same size as the S4 without the bigger screen. (all the bad, and non of the good) With the external chargers like this, they seem much bulkier than carrying the OEM battery. (which will fit in a wallet pretty easily)

The other option is to plug your phone in sometime during the day to get a partial charge. I read somewhere that the battery only has a certain number of charging cycles in it's life. It doesn't matter if that cycle is one hour or 5 hours. The more you charge, the sooner you will need to replace the battery. Which is another problem. How many people are going to break open a sealed phone to change the battery when it gets old?

I bought a spare battery for my Note 3 figuring it would be awesome to have. I've never used it.

:shrug:

It's a slightly upgraded Nexus 5, but runs cyanogen mod version of android. i like stock, personally.

also the N5 is the BIGGEST phone Ill ever own... I cant go bigger.

But thats just personal preference stuff, the phone itself is sick for the price

Been looking at it. Lots of pros, but the microSD card slot missing and the battery thing are cons for me, too.

Apparently, the OnePlus is just a re-branded stripped-down version of the Oppo Find 7a with just a rebel marketing campaign behind it.

I don't remove the battery often, but educate me here... I've been running cyanogen on my nexus and tinker with settings and from time to time I'll do something and the phone will freeze, stop taking input from the buttons, etc. Only way to reboot the phone is yank the battery and pop it back in, and in a minute I'm back to normal. If that happens with the OnePlus, how can you power cycle? Just wait a day for the battery to drain?

I don't remove the battery often, but educate me here... I've been running cyanogen on my nexus and tinker with settings and from time to time I'll do something and the phone will freeze, stop taking input from the buttons, etc. Only way to reboot the phone is yank the battery and pop it back in, and in a minute I'm back to normal. If that happens with the OnePlus, how can you power cycle? Just wait a day for the battery to drain?
Usually phones with non-removable batteries will have a key combination that forces reboot. IE: Home+Volume Down+Power

I don't remove mine very often, but I've had my phone for a year and a half now, and my original battery had to be replaced a month ago due to the fact that it stopped holding a charge...$9 later, I had a brand new OEM battery from eBay. Also bought a wall battery charger and an extra battery, so now when I know I'm gonna be away from a power source all day I take my extra battery just in case.Since I put a killer ROM on my phone, battery life has increased tremendously, and I haven't ran it out yet in a day...but its nice to have the spare charged battery if I need it, especially when traveling and I have to spend time in airports, where I tend to watch videos/movies and use a ton of battery/screen.

Every day.

:goodposting:

I do this exactly

Every day.

I do this exactly
x3

Every day.

I do this exactly
x3
Fair enough. However, I know of no one who does this. The only time I've removed the battery on my phone is to put in or take out the sd card.

Every day.

I do this exactly
x3
Fair enough. However, I know of no one who does this. The only time I've removed the battery on my phone is to put in or take out the sd card.
i think people that have to live around chargers and always have their phone plugged in or hooked up to some solar charger or some crap are total BS

getting extra batteries and a wall charger ensures i never have to be one of those people.

until batteries can reliably last 48 hours on heavy use I'm going to continue to only purchase devices with removable batteries

Went to the gym this morning (look, I work out!) and ran Pandora and my workout tracker. By the time I got home my phone was at 65% and we were just headed out for the day. Popped a spare battery in my pocket (could have also just popped it in the phone) and never had to worry about not using my phone too much all day long.

I use a ski tracker app while I'm skiing. Tracks where I've gone, how fast, slope angle, etc. Everyone that I show it to thinks it's awesome, yet I've never been out with one of them that didn't have to shut it off half way through the day so they wouldn't have a dead battery by 4pm. I haven't had a problem. When my phone is 4% at the end of the day and we're headed out for apres, just pop in a new battery and it's like 7am as far as my battery life is concerned.

Multi day camping or backpacking trips with expensive, cumbersome solar charging stations that rarely ever work? No thanks, 3 batteries in my bag and I'm good for the whole trip.

I also have never had to be one of those neanderthals on the floor crowded around a plug in the airport since I got a phone with a spare battery.

But best of all is that I just never have to worry about it. I can play games, browse heavily while waiting at the doctor's office, etc and I never have to think "hmmm, maybe I should cut this back so I don't run out of juice before the day ends". That's not even to mention that this is android we're talking about here, where it's not uncommon for some rogue background app to suck up 40% of your battery in an hour before you notice.

I'll never go back.

Went to the gym this morning (look, I work out!) and ran Pandora and my workout tracker. By the time I got home my phone was at 65% and we were just headed out for the day. Popped a spare battery in my pocket (could have also just popped it in the phone) and never had to worry about not using my phone too much all day long.

I use a ski tracker app while I'm skiing. Tracks where I've gone, how fast, slope angle, etc. Everyone that I show it to thinks it's awesome, yet I've never been out with one of them that didn't have to shut it off half way through the day so they wouldn't have a dead battery by 4pm. I haven't had a problem. When my phone is 4% at the end of the day and we're headed out for apres, just pop in a new battery and it's like 7am as far as my battery life is concerned.

Multi day camping or backpacking trips with expensive, cumbersome solar charging stations that rarely ever work? No thanks, 3 batteries in my bag and I'm good for the whole trip.

I also have never had to be one of those neanderthals on the floor crowded around a plug in the airport since I got a phone with a spare battery.

But best of all is that I just never have to worry about it. I can play games, browse heavily while waiting at the doctor's office, etc and I never have to think "hmmm, maybe I should cut this back so I don't run out of juice before the day ends". That's not even to mention that this is android we're talking about here, where it's not uncommon for some rogue background app to suck up 40% of your battery in an hour before you notice.

I'll never go back.
Maybe that's my problem - I should work out more. :)

I'll never go back.
This guy is living.

I'll never go back.
EXACTLY.. Amen brother

:hifive:

I'll never go back.
Droid Maxx user (came from a Nexus and numerous other androids) and love it for the opposite of this reason. No longer have to carry anything other than the phone. I can run it hard all day and still have a ton of battery left. My battery is currently at 46% and hasn't charged in 22 hours and I use is constantly. I can't see myself ever going back to a phone that doesnt have outstanding battery life.

Details may have leaked for Note 4. Quad HD display is the hot new thing. Not sure what it is other than a better screen...

http://androidandme.com/2014/06/news/samsung-galaxy-note-4-spec-list-purportedly-includes-quad-hd-screen-snapdragon-805/
How good does a screen need to be??
Frankly, no one's eyes can tell the difference at this point. The jump from 720 to 1080 on a screen that size is BARELY noticable. Anything about 1080 is just wasting battery imo, you won't be able to see the difference on a screen that small.

Brightness and visibility in well lit areas are important features though.

I'll never go back.
Droid Maxx user (came from a Nexus and numerous other androids) and love it for the opposite of this reason. No longer have to carry anything other than the phone. I can run it hard all day and still have a ton of battery left. My battery is currently at 46% and hasn't charged in 22 hours and I use is constantly. I can't see myself ever going back to a phone that doesnt have outstanding battery life.
Same here. I love the battery life on it, it just keeps going and going.

Can one of these things be had yet? I smashed the screen on my Galaxy Note :bag:
So many people walking around w/ busted screens these days that it's practically fashionable.

Seriously... this is a horrible trend.. can people really not get case protection?

Cases make your screen suck.
most good cases dont need a screen protector, as the lip provides more than adequate screen protection.

youd basically have to drop it face first on a raised object (stone, rock etc) for the screen to break w a good case....

Can one of these things be had yet? I smashed the screen on my Galaxy Note :bag:
So many people walking around w/ busted screens these days that it's practically fashionable.

Seriously... this is a horrible trend.. can people really not get case protection?
I agree it's bad shtick. First time it has ever happened to me. Went case-less for a week, got drunk, dropped it on the stone patio.

Users who are viewing this thread