What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PA Diaper Sniper Captured (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Hopefully they catch this nut soon, but I've seen some things on the news that blow my mind. The other night, the police ordered a Shelter In Place announcement while they were searching the woods. On the news, they were interviewing residents and they were all complaining about the police presence. "We can't even leave our homes because the police are keeping us locked up."

Ummm.... they're trying to protect you. What don't you understand about that? :confused:

So they lifted the SIP the next morning and just told residents to stay out of the woods where they were searching. Again, the news interviewed residents of the area and each one of them complained that the police weren't letting them into the woods to go hunting. And how they felt like prisoners.

Yes. I agree. I can't believe the police don't want you going into an active search area, firing guns and hiding where they are looking for a gunman. I realize there are a large majority of stupid people in the world, but how dumb can you be to not understand what is going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
The turnpike recently installed a new digital sign that has been in a testing phase for the last few weeks, the first non-testing message on the sign was actually that dude's image with a armed and dangerous wanted message. It was the first I had heard of it.

The kid ain't gonna hurt any innocents. His grudge is squarely with the troopers. I think the police don't want people in the woods cuz they're afraid they might accidentally shoot someone

The turnpike recently installed a new digital sign that has been in a testing phase for the last few weeks, the first non-testing message on the sign was actually that dude's image with a armed and dangerous wanted message. It was the first I had heard of it.
Seriously? It's been all over the local news. It took CNN until just a couple days ago to put it on their headline. Dude is crazy. My guess is he wanted to test his skills he's been practicing. I think the hunt for this guy could take as long as the Olympic bomber in Atlanta did. What was his name. Rudolph or something.

The kid ain't gonna hurt any innocents. His grudge is squarely with the troopers. I think the police don't want people in the woods cuz they're afraid they might accidentally shoot someone
Your first part is true to a point. If he feels that someone could identify him, I'm sure they'll become a threat that needs to be eliminated, too.

The second part is exactly right. They are looking for a gunman in the woods. So they are asking other gunmen to stay out of the woods. Makes complete sense to me.

Seriously? It's been all over the local news.
I spent the entirety of last week in a corporate training boot camp, apparently, it created a bigger bubble around me than I thought it did :shrug:

Your first part is true to a point. If he feels that someone could identify him, I'm sure they'll become a threat that needs to be eliminated, too.The second part is exactly right. They are looking for a gunman in the woods. So they are asking other gunmen to stay out of the woods. Makes complete sense to me.
I actually heard a few nights ago the cops got into a little friendly crossfire with each other (unconfirmed by me, but from a trusted source)

This guy is likely dug in pretty deep. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the Feds to find him. We are well beyond the ability of local/state police.

Your first part is true to a point. If he feels that someone could identify him, I'm sure they'll become a threat that needs to be eliminated, too.The second part is exactly right. They are looking for a gunman in the woods. So they are asking other gunmen to stay out of the woods. Makes complete sense to me.
I actually heard a few nights ago the cops got into a little friendly crossfire with each other (unconfirmed by me, but from a trusted source)
This was a false rumor that came out the night of the SIP.

who denied this? The police themselves? Why would they want that out there that they are up the creek without a paddle, shooting at anything that bumps in the night. They are way over their heads and shook by this kid.

who denied this? The police themselves? Why would they want that out there that they are up the creek without a paddle, shooting at anything that bumps in the night. They are way over their heads and shook by this kid.
Oh. OK. I guess you know, then. :thumbup:

Sounds like you are rooting for him and his noble resistance to the tyrannical police state.

So they're closing off a large section of woods because the person they're looking for might be in them?

I don't blame people for being pissed. :shrug:

So they're closing off a large section of woods because the person they're looking for might be in them?

Seriously? People need to go on a nature hike so badly they don't want to have to wait for the crazed gunman to be extracted first? Surely these people can find something to do this weekend that doesn't require the woods.

I don't think it's so much because he MIGHT be in them. It's because the cops, ATF and other federal law enforcement are currently in the woods looking for a gunman.

Seriously? People need to go on a nature hike so badly they don't want to have to wait for the crazed gunman to be extracted first? Surely these people can find something to do this weekend that doesn't require the woods.
Not to mention that in the grand scheme of things, they are blocking off only a small portion of all of the available woods in the general area.

I don't think he's where they're looking, OR, if he is, he WANTS to be found. I think this guy is a bit smarter than most. He left his AK-47 and some clips in the woods where police would find them. Why would you do that? You wouldn't be trying to escape and leave your AK where you were hiding. You'd leave it there if you were actually headed somewhere completely different, or if you wanted cops to all think you were there and converge on a booby trap.

I think this story might heat up...

I don't think he's where they're looking, OR, if he is, he WANTS to be found. I think this guy is a bit smarter than most. He left his AK-47 and some clips in the woods where police would find them. Why would you do that? You wouldn't be trying to escape and leave your AK where you were hiding. You'd leave it there if you were actually headed somewhere completely different, or if you wanted cops to all think you were there and converge on a booby trap.

I've thought about this angle, too. But then I thought, what if it wasn't found in the open? What if he had the gun hidden, and it was a fall back spot? For them to say, "We've got him on the run" makes me think they know something we don't.

The police are currently looking in the woods for a man known to be armed with rifles. Why would anyone want to go in the woods at the same time? Especially if they were also carrying a rifle and could possibly be mistaken for the guy cops are looking for.

Uh, yeah...that's exactly why they don't want anyone in the woods. Why else wouldn't they want people there??

I've thought about this angle, too. But then I thought, what if it wasn't found in the open? What if he had the gun hidden, and it was a fall back spot? For them to say, "We've got him on the run" makes me think they know something we don't.
I saw THIS picture and just assumed that's how they found it. I guess that could just be the post-finding shot.

The "we've got him on the run" statement does indicate that they know something...if this guy's plan was to just go hide in the woods, I'm "disappointed" in his planning.

I saw THIS picture and just assumed that's how they found it. I guess that could just be the post-finding shot.

The "we've got him on the run" statement does indicate that they know something...if this guy's plan was to just go hide in the woods, I'm "disappointed" in his planning.
Never put the barrel of a gun into the ground like that. :kicksrock:

Yikes. I hope that isn't how they found it.

I don't think the guy wanted to really get away. His training was all about being put in these situations. I think this is his ultimate fantasy. He shoots a cop, then hides in the woods to see how long he can evade them and stay out of site. I think it's a game to him. A sick game.

TheIronSheik said:
Fat Nick said:
TheIronSheik said:
Fat Nick said:

I don't think the guy wanted to really get away. His training was all about being put in these situations. I think this is his ultimate fantasy. He shoots a cop, then hides in the woods to see how long he can evade them and stay out of site. I think it's a game to him. A sick game.
As long as the" game" doesn't involve shooting more cops, then whatever. But I doubt that's the case...I just hope this guy doesn't start popping up in random places and shooting people. I've already lived through the DC sniper thing. Once was enough.

Godsbrother said:
Super King said:
Kid? This ##### is 31 years old.
Super King is 103, that's the way they used to do it back in 1927.

pollardsvision said:
Josie Maran said:

This is Pennsylvania.

TheIronSheik said:
Fat Nick said:
TheIronSheik said:
Fat Nick said:

As long as the" game" doesn't involve shooting more cops, then whatever. But I doubt that's the case...I just hope this guy doesn't start popping up in random places and shooting people. I've already lived through the DC sniper thing. Once was enough.
Oh, I think he'll definitely shoot at more cops. Once the trail goes cold on him, I think he'll shoot more to start the hunt all over again.

Hadn't heard anything about this. Is this similar to the situation in Canada earlier this year? Guy targeting police?

The residents were just disappointed they weren't allowed to go into the woods and find the guy themselves. This is PA we are talking about!

Hadn't heard anything about this. Is this similar to the situation in Canada earlier this year? Guy targeting police?
Link

PA State Troopers were at their outpost, during a shift change he fired on one of them, killing him. When a second trooper ran in to check on his colleague, he too was shot. He barely lived. They later found his SUV submerged in a lake with shell casings. When they interviewed his family, they said it didn't surprise them that it came to this.

He has a long history of ranting against government and the police. He supposedly fought with the Serbians (at least he claims this.) But he also belonged to a group that used airsoft guns and had simulated war games that were supposed to be geared around Eastern European war games. He appears to be mentally unstable.

The police and ATF, along with other federal agents have been searching for this guy for almost two weeks and they believe they have him cornered somewhere in the heavily wooded area in NE PA.

The residents were just disappointed they weren't allowed to go into the woods and find the guy themselves. This is PA we are talking about!
PA is a funny place. You have Pittsburgh, which is a Midwest city. Philadelphia, which is an east coast city. And then you have the deep south back woods in between.

Link

PA State Troopers were at their outpost, during a shift change he fired on one of them, killing him. When a second trooper ran in to check on his colleague, he too was shot. He barely lived. They later found his SUV submerged in a lake with shell casings. When they interviewed his family, they said it didn't surprise them that it came to this.

He has a long history of ranting against government and the police. He supposedly fought with the Serbians (at least he claims this.) But he also belonged to a group that used airsoft guns and had simulated war games that were supposed to be geared around Eastern European war games. He appears to be mentally unstable.

The police and ATF, along with other federal agents have been searching for this guy for almost two weeks and they believe they have him cornered somewhere in the heavily wooded area in NE PA.
Weird that you would link a story from the Daily Mail...news is news I suppose, just find it odd that it comes from the UK.

Link

Weird that you would link a story from the Daily Mail...news is news I suppose, just find it odd that it comes from the UK.
I just did a Google search and this came up. I didn't even read it, really. :shrug:

Fat Nick said:
I think this guy is a bit smarter than most.
Than most nut jobs? than most cop killers? than most FFA posters?

Than most what?

Users who are viewing this thread