What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The OFFICIAL lack of accountability thread... (1 Viewer)

" post="17413782" timestamp="1414672331"]Should compile all these fine examples...

Teens steal car, run from police, crash. Mother blames police for killing her baby

If you think racism is dead just read the comments on any article slightly based on race. And yes the mother is an idiot.

-What a dumb stupid black. How would they know who stole the car if they didnt catch them. Maybe you should have know who your kid was hanging around with instead of blaming someone else.

-Stupid n*****

-Floyd Brown with any luck,they'll all kill each other,and burn their own neighborhoods(being the intelligent sort of folks they are)just like happens every time.

-1 less to worry about

-Ignorance runs rampant in the black community. Nothing new.

I blame it on rap music cause that's the only music those monkeys care to listen to.

-The gangster that you raise gets the punishment she deserved

-Hey how come all the blacks can say they killed my criminal kid and not get call racist. there thugs and are never to fault with anything. Stealing a car and running from the police is a crime. Oh well this way the courts don't have to prosecute and the jails don't have to support them. Sounds like the people won on this one.

-Black people now believe it is ok to lie everyday. OBAMA, HOLDER, SHARPON, Jackson, and other assorted black caicus members.

-They want to commit crimes without any consequences...or they'll burn down their own town, destroy and loot businesses, turn over cars, etc., anything to draw attention away from the actual crime and the perpetrators, nor the facts. Dear God, no wonder those kids have problems, it starts at home with horrible parents!

With all due respect, are we really surprised there are racist idiots chiming in on News site comment sections?

That's not why we're here, team.

The "Kroger mob" of Teens attacks 3 people and a vehicle , stomping two into unconsciousness .

Result.

9 of 10 kids get a whopping 40 hours of community service and have to write apology letter to victims, then it's off their record <_<
Really? Your second example of a lack of accountability in this country is eight juveniles who were actually arrested and agreed to a guilty plea?

If that's the second-best you've got, there's really not much need for a thread.

The "Kroger mob" of Teens attacks 3 people and a vehicle , stomping two into unconsciousness .

Result.

9 of 10 kids get a whopping 40 hours of community service and have to write apology letter to victims, then it's off their record <_<
Really? Your second example of a lack of accountability in this country is eight juveniles who were actually arrested and agreed to a guilty plea?

If that's the second-best you've got, there's really not much need for a thread.
It's an ongoing slow-roll thread, not a purging of a database.

If you followed the story, the community is pretty outraged that these kids aren't being held accountable for mob assault and vandalism.

But if you want to get butthurt, feel free to stick around. There's plenty more where this came from. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Affluenza

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

Judge orders Texas teen Ethan Couch to rehab for driving drunk, killing 4

(CNN) -- A judge on Wednesday ordered that Ethan Couch -- who drove drunk and caused a crash, killing four people and injuring two -- go to a lock-down residential treatment facility.

State District Judge Jean Boyd had already decided the Texas teenager would serve no jail time. He was sentenced last year to 10 years' probation.

His story made national headlines after a witness claimed Couch was a victim of "affluenza" -- the product of wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for the boy.

According to prosecutors, three hours after the crash, tests showed Couch had a blood alcohol content of 0.24, three times the legal limit.

"There has been nothing from Ethan from these proceedings with regards to remorse on his part at all -- that I do think would have helped. It would have helped the victims. No doubt about it, it would have helped," said Boyles.

Prosecutors were similarly disappointed with the judge's decision.

They had asked for the maximum of 20 years behind bars.

"This has been a very frustrating experience for me," said prosecutor Richard Alpert. "I'm used to a system where the victims have a voice and their needs are strongly considered. The way the system down here is currently handled, the way the law is, almost all the focus is on the offender."

Result.

It's an ongoing slow-roll thread, not a purging of a database.

If you followed the story, the community is pretty outraged that these kids aren't being held accountable for mob assault and vandalism.

But if you want to get butthurt, feel free to stick around. There's plenty more where this came from. :popcorn:
Right. It's me that's butthurt. Not the overreacting community that demands eye-for-eye vengeance on teenagers who are generally excepted from accountability by our juvenile criminal justice laws, or the poster who sets up a message board thread so he can whine about a perceived accountability problem through anecdotes.

Right. It's me that's butthurt. Not the overreacting community that demands eye-for-eye vengeance on teenagers who are generally excepted from accountability by our juvenile criminal justice laws, or the poster who sets up a message board thread so he can whine about a perceived accountability problem through anecdotes.
I look forward to your ongoing reactions to things posted in this thread :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Affluenza

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

Judge orders Texas teen Ethan Couch to rehab for driving drunk, killing 4

(CNN) -- A judge on Wednesday ordered that Ethan Couch -- who drove drunk and caused a crash, killing four people and injuring two -- go to a lock-down residential treatment facility.

State District Judge Jean Boyd had already decided the Texas teenager would serve no jail time. He was sentenced last year to 10 years' probation.

His story made national headlines after a witness claimed Couch was a victim of "affluenza" -- the product of wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for the boy.

According to prosecutors, three hours after the crash, tests showed Couch had a blood alcohol content of 0.24, three times the legal limit.

"There has been nothing from Ethan from these proceedings with regards to remorse on his part at all -- that I do think would have helped. It would have helped the victims. No doubt about it, it would have helped," said Boyles.

Prosecutors were similarly disappointed with the judge's decision.

They had asked for the maximum of 20 years behind bars.

"This has been a very frustrating experience for me," said prosecutor Richard Alpert. "I'm used to a system where the victims have a voice and their needs are strongly considered. The way the system down here is currently handled, the way the law is, almost all the focus is on the offender."
Excellent example. :thumbup:

[icon] said:

Result.

One of teens found on Facebook with gun just days before sentencing

Clearly Young Mr. Self here is a fine upstanding young citizen now who has changed his ways, thanks to the repercussions doled out by our legal system :thumbup:

Odds Mr Self at age 25:

Productive member of society: +750

Prison: -400

Dead: -350

Sure would be nice if the legal system would hold young adults accountable for their actions....

Stupid chick accepts Uber's surge multiplier pricing when drunk, then pitches fit over bill

1) Uber is very clear about the surge multiplier. Giant letters, then you have to key it in to accept it.

2) Why is going out getting blasted, riding in cabs, etc when she is broke enough to miss $350 rent

If she wasn't a pretty hot female, nobody would give a ####. :lol:
Couple of takeaways from this:

1). She took an uber "Black" ride....if you have $700 in your checking account why do you need to take the black service. I have 100x that in my account and i take the cheapest alternative possible.

2). Who are these idiots that are giving her money ($500+ raised)?

3). Why the heck does Uber have 9x increase...that is robbery.

Overall this is a good example of how this generation is constantly bailed out. Good for her, if it was a fat ugly chick i am sure the amount raised would be zero.

Stupid chick accepts Uber's surge multiplier pricing when drunk, then pitches fit over bill

1) Uber is very clear about the surge multiplier. Giant letters, then you have to key it in to accept it.

2) Why is going out getting blasted, riding in cabs, etc when she is broke enough to miss $350 rent

1). She took an uber "Black" ride....if you have $700 in your checking account why do you need to take the black service. I have 100x that in my account and i take the cheapest alternative possible.

Overall this is a good example of how this generation is constantly bailed out. Good for her, if it was a fat ugly chick i am sure the amount raised would be zero.
Some areas only have black rides right now...

New Orleans, for example, only has Black or SUV options due to the city currently only allowing currently licensed pro drivers to operate. However if you've got $500 to your name, you can't afford to go out and DEFINITELY can't afford to take a cab.

I agree 9x multiplier is absurd. I saw 4.5 this past weekend at 2am on Halloween and skipped over to Lyft (2x at the time). That said, this chick accepted it.

Crazy.

Some areas only have black rides right now...

New Orleans, for example, only has Black or SUV options due to the city currently only allowing currently licensed pro drivers to operate. However if you've got $500 to your name, you can't afford to go out and DEFINITELY can't afford to take a cab.

I agree 9x multiplier is absurd. I saw 4.5 this past weekend at 2am on Halloween and skipped over to Lyft (2x at the time). That said, this chick accepted it.

Crazy.
I can't tell you how many times in college i walked over an hour home from the bar because i was broke.....unfortunately she is not going to learn a lesson from this due to the rubes of society that decided to bail her out.

Let me just add, if I can make $450 by giving someone a 20 minute ride, I really need to get in on this Uber thing.

my friend sent me the Uber article on a different site, it said she had the UberX service available to her but didn't understand the app and accidentally picked the black car service.

I took an Uber home Saturday night. Told the driver where I lived, she goes "which way is 5th", which was mildly annoying because we were on 11th, and unless this was her first time driving in the area.. it should be pretty clear which way 5th is. So I point and tell her it's a right at the light. She inexplicably turns left. At this point we're stuck in standstill traffic on a ridiculously busy street on a Saturday night on a college campus after a college football game. She won't do a U-Turn. Adds roughly 10 minutes and who knows how much money to the fare. I don't have a link to an article, but how about some accountability there?

I took an Uber home Saturday night. Told the driver where I lived, she goes "which way is 5th", which was mildly annoying because we were on 11th, and unless this was her first time driving in the area.. it should be pretty clear which way 5th is. So I point and tell her it's a right at the light. She inexplicably turns left. At this point we're stuck in standstill traffic on a ridiculously busy street on a Saturday night on a college campus after a college football game. She won't do a U-Turn. Adds roughly 10 minutes and who knows how much money to the fare. I don't have a link to an article, but how about some accountability there?
I hope you gave her one star, or a nice vigorous rogering.

parents with kids who are deathly allergic to peanut molecules blame airlines or people eating peanuts on airlines, instead of blaming themselves for putting their child in a situation that is nearly impossible to be completely rid of peanut molecules.

Should downrate her for not using the GPS and dispute the fare with Uber if you want to pay less for it which seems fair.

Users who are viewing this thread