What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Filled - Salary Cap Dynasty Auction League - PPR (1 Viewer)

Jbearjimmy

Footballguy
Guys, 2 available spots in our 7 year Dynasty league. 28 man rosters with a 5 man developmental squad. Very Competitive and dedicated owners looking for qualified candidates to fill the slots. By far the best in depth type of league out there - 3 year player contracts, franchise tags, a rookie draft and free agent auction per season. No need to feel stuck with a crappy pre-built team. We're offering a dispersal draft between the previous rosters of two teams and their respected draft slots. For incoming owners there will be three exciting drafts this off-season leading up to the season to mold and develop your team in anyway you like (Dispersal, Rookie draft, and Free agent auction). I'm happy to answer any and all questions about your interest in the league.

League Link:

http://www3.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/29694#0

Off-Season Schedule:

New Owner Dispersal Draft: TBD

Slow Rookie Draft Begins: June 1st

Slow FA Auction Begins: August 1st

Dispersal Draft Players & Draft Picks

QB:(Salary-Contract Years)

Eli Manning ($36-2)

Ryan Fitzpatrick ($2-1)

Peyton Manning ($88-2)

Christian Ponder ($5-2)

RB:

Daniel Thomas ($11-2)

Chris Johnson ($77-2)

Deangelo Williams ($43-2)

Knowshon Moreno ($35-2)

Mikel Leshoure ($10-2)

Jahvid Best ($14-1)

Dexter Mcluster ($6-1)

Anthony Dixon ($2-3)

Ryan Grant ($65-2)

Rashad Jennings ($2-2), Deji Karim ($4-2), Kregg Lumpkin ($2-2), Brandon Saine ($2-2), Jackie Battle ($2-2), Maurice Morris ($25-2), Christ Ogbonnya ($2-2), Ryan Torain ($2-1),

WR:

Miles Austin ($68-2)

Brandon Lloyd ($13-1)

Mike Wallace ($2-1)

Mike Williams ($5-1)

Vincent Brown ($5-2)

Denarius Moore ($2-2)

Austin Collie ($2-1)

David Nelson ($2-2)

Michael Jenkins ($15-2), Golden Tate ($8-1), Andre Roberts ($2-3), James Jones ($2-2), Plaxico Burres ($15-2)

TE:

Brandon Pettigrew ($5-1)

Greg Olsen ($5-1)

Chris Cooley ($16-2)

Scott Chandler ($3-2)

K:

Stephen Gostkowski ($9-2)

Jason Hansen ($2-2)

DEF:

Bears ($1-1)

Broncos ($2-1)

Ravens ($14-2)

Bengals ($5-2)

Contract expired - Exclusive Option to Tag

Anquan Boldin WR ($75-0)

John Carlson TE ($2-0)

Mark Sanchez QB ($5-0)

Jason Witten TE ($21-0)

Practice Squad:

Lance Kendricks TE, Luke Stocker TE, Dion Lewis RB, Johnny White RB, Jerrel Jernigan WR, Cecil Shorts WR.

Draft Picks:

1.02, 1.04, 2.02, 2.04, 3.02, 3.04, 4.02, 4.04, 5.02, 5.04, 6.02, 6.04.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'd be interested in joining, but I have a few questions. One: would be there a first year discount? The players are good for one team, but it gets dicey when going to two, especially at RB, TE, and to a lesser extent, QB. Two: would the tagging system stay in place or can it be changed? For example, having Dwayne Bowe start at 75 dollars of a 400 cap and go up from there is way too much. I think the system might need to be revised. Also, and this is more an observation, but in the first year, the two new teams will have nearly no shot at bidding on franchised players, unless they land both the 1.2 and 1.4 in the dispersal, which is rather unlikely. Feel free to comment back or email me at luke_bouchard@hotmail.com

Hi, I'd be interested in joining, but I have a few questions. One: would be there a first year discount? The players are good for one team, but it gets dicey when going to two
Hey Luke, thanks for the interest. It's refreshing to have these tough questions upfront. I think it would be great to have you, but it wouldn't be any fun to come in with the dream team. Even with a dream team the guys will tell you, this league is competitive and winning will take some creative work. That said, diligence can turn teams around quicker than you think. The roster limits are a perfect size. The bottom feeders have just enough roster room to pluck those gems whereas the stocked rosters can become somewhat limited. Rookie draft, and spending smartly in Free Agency can change the makeup of your team very quick. Also there are multiple ways to generate payouts.
Two: would the tagging system stay in place or can it be changed? For example, having Dwayne Bowe start at 75 dollars of a 400 cap and go up from there is way too much. I think the system might need to be revised.
Have you seen Moneyball? Great movie. (did you mean Boldin?) Bowe at $75 might appear high, but is just about right depending on the make-up of your team. Based on his current value I doubt (IMO) he goes much higher than that. But the main thing to consider here is that the Tag prices are mostly influenced by the other teams making compensating offers (like free market pricing). Premiere guys can go as high as the $120 range based on perceived value and team's budget. Tagging in our league works more like restricted free agency. We are always open to owner ideas and suggestions for change, matter of fact a discussion opened up this week regarding length of tagging contracts.
Also, and this is more an observation, but in the first year, the two new teams will have nearly no shot at bidding on franchised players,
Actually you would, as long as you have one 1st round pick in 2012. To bid on a franchise players a team would need at least a 1st round from this year and another from next. Owners can trade future draft picks.

One more question I forgot to ask: what are the salary cap implications of cutting a player? Thank you for the response, and I think I'm going to join. I just need to do a bit more research on player values and people who are set to be FAs. Please email me at luke_bouchard@hotmail.com.

PS- Being from Massachusetts, love the Patriots league theme

'lbouchard said:
One more question I forgot to ask: what are the salary cap implications of cutting a player? Thank you for the response, and I think I'm going to join. I just need to do a bit more research on player values and people who are set to be FAs. Please email me at luke_bouchard@hotmail.com. PS- Being from Massachusetts, love the Patriots league theme
That's funny. The guy who originally setup the league is no longer with us. And it seems to be slanted with NFC North division guys now. Briefly, there are only a few instances where dropping a player is restricted. During certain transaction periods, such as free agency. Also, when a player is Auctioned for $30 or more during the season, and players given a 2 year extension. These players can be traded but not dropped until next season to avoid penalty. Otherwise a team is free to drop players of any kind.

May be interested as well...how is the free agent auction? Are there usually a fair share of decent players to choose from in it to help rebuild a startup team?

So if I were to draft say Jason Witten I would have to tag him on my team then? Reading through the rules it looks like I'd give him a salary then in the top 10 of TE's? Not really sure where to rank the guys even for this dispersal draft but I like the concept of extra strategy that it presents for sure.

So if, for example, I had Joseph Addai at 80 dollars, I could cut him with no cap penalty? One more question, and sorry for all these. When looking at all the players, it seems that there are few players set up to be FAs. Does this usually happens or are there usually more? And could you send the link to sign up to the email posted above? Sorry for all these questions, but I like to get a thorough feel for any leagues I join.

So if, for example, I had Joseph Addai at 80 dollars, I could cut him with no cap penalty? One more question, and sorry for all these. When looking at all the players, it seems that there are few players set up to be FAs. Does this usually happens or are there usually more? And could you send the link to sign up to the email posted above? Sorry for all these questions, but I like to get a thorough feel for any leagues I join.
If I may jump in here, I've been in the league since it's 2006 inception (and I still cannot speak with authority worth more than two cents when it comes to cap rules! ... because I'm easily confused), but I'm pretty sure you can drop Addai without regret as you described above. The only possibility for remorse would be if you had just extended him for max value (at 3 years) and then wanted to cut him before the end of year 1 of his contract.I cannot emphasize enough the competitiveness of the league. Every single year is an exercise in futility trying to figure out tie-breakers before week 12. The salary rules are complicated, but they hold the door wide open for a team to go from worst to first.

If it hasn't already been filled, I think I would make a good addition to this league. I also have some suggestions to make salary cap rules more clear and such. Thanks

I joined this league last year and just want to say that it's a lot fun. Having the tags, a dev squad and both a rookie and free agent draft make it more involved than a regular dynasty and i think level the playing field a bit. For serious FF'ers only!

So if I were to draft say Jason Witten I would have to tag him on my team then? Reading through the rules it looks like I'd give him a salary then in the top 10 of TE's? Not really sure where to rank the guys even for this dispersal draft but I like the concept of extra strategy that it presents for sure.
That's right. either franchise or transition tag, or even trade before the the tagging deadline.
May be interested as well...how is the free agent auction? Are there usually a fair share of decent players to choose from in it to help rebuild a startup team?
You're probably not going to field a championship team from free agency alone, but there has always been an interesting mixture of semi-starters, prospects, aging vets, and defenses in there to fill your team out. Some of last year's notables were:Steve Smith CARReggie WayneSteven Jackson Reggie Bush

Hey Guys, I received a few private messages. Both spots are still available. Please don't be discouraged if I don't respond right away. I will respond back as soon as I can, usually within 24 hours.

Sent you a PM, can't send you another as the system's blocking me. I'm interested in one of the two teams, sign me up! I've got extensive salary cap dynasty league experience through 5 years of the EFS system and the rules as stated on the MFL site make perfect sense.

Hey Jimmy,

Tried to PM you but it said you are not receiving new msgs. My name is David and I am cousins with Zach, who just joined your league. I know he recommended me because you are looking for very experienced and committed owners. I am extremely active. Love trading, planning, plotting, posting comments, etc. I am very serious about the leagues I am in and have a large amount knowledge, skill (don't we all!). Some dynasty experience in EFS and primarily participate in ppr auction leagues, one of which I run. I can say you won't find a more committed and active owner than me. Looking over the rules this looks like a well run and thought out league. I would be very interested. Zach sent you my email, lets talk some more about it.

Hope to hear from you soon,

David

Users who are viewing this thread