128 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:32 AM

Version 6.0k Issue... and probably earlier:I've got a bead on the Runtime 380 error. If you minimize the Depth Charts window, and then exit the DD. The next time you enter it will give you the Runtime 380 error. Work Around: Don't minimize the Depth Chart Window. Just close it... and reopen if necessary.I've fixed this, and it will be released in version 6.0lVersion 6.0i Issues:Don't click the Player Pool option from the Player Pool context menu (Right Click Menu). This causes a runtime 340 error and the app will shut down. There really is no need to click this button.The Keeper List automatically updates the Pick based on the Team and Round... but doesn't do it correctly if you modified the Pick Order. For now manually adjust the pick to the correct pick.I've fixed both of these... and they will be in the next version 6.0k.Version 6.0b Issues:Issue: Some of the Titans Bye Weeks are not correctIssue: DT Travis Johnson is listed on the Vikings instead of the TexansWorkaround: Both of these issues can be changed in the VBD Spreadsheet and then import it into the Draft Dominator.Issue: If you increase the number of rounds, and then go to Pick Order and click any of the change buttons (Straight, Serpentine, etc). It only changes the original number of rounds.Workaround: After changing the number of rounds. Click OK to exit setup. Then go back into setup and click the desired Pick Order (Straight, Serpentine, etc).-------- All the issues below this line have been fixed in version 6.0b -------------------Version 6.0a Issues:Issue: All of the St. Louis players have the wrong bye week (6) except for Bulger (9). This affects both the VBD Spreadsheet and the DD.Workaround: Modify the VBD Spreadsheet to the correct bye weeks (9), and then import it into the Draft Dominator.Issue: The Weekly Weights on the Setup Projection tabs for RB and Def have zeros for all of week 1. The DL, DB and LB tabs have zeros for week 1 & 2.Workaround: Modify the VBD Spreadsheet so that the Weekly Weights start in column BB for all position tabs. Then import it into the Draft Dominator.Issue: T.J. Houshmandzadeh... doesn't cross off of the Draft Dominator Depth Charts when selected. The Depth Charts had a space between the T. and the J.Issue: Carnell Williams... doesn't cross off of the Draft Dominator Depth Charts when selected. The Depth Charts uses his nickname Cadillac.Issue: Kris Brown doesn't show up on the Draft Domintor Depth Charts. There is a funny unprintable character on the Depth Charts, so his name didn't import correctly.Issue: Missing Players: Roscoe Parrish, Ron Dayne, Marion Barber, KellenWinslow, Onterrio Smith and Koren Robinson.Workaround: For now you can add these guys by hand. For guys that are sitting out this year, just enter zero for all of their projections. They should be added in the next release.Issue: When running a Mock Draft and using the Draft Other Teams by ADP option. If TE=0 (combine TEs with WRs). It doesn't select any TEs for the Other teams.Issue: When running a Mock Draft and using the Draft Other Teams by ADP option. It doesn't always pick a Def or K for the Other teams.Issue: If you deselect the My Team checkbox and then clicked OK on the setup screen, it would display a runtime error.Workaround: For now, make sure that you select one of the teams as My Team.

#2 RedStripe

RedStripe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

I noticed in a Mock Draft, the other teams (when drafting by ADP) don't always select at least one PK and DEF. This is with Starters set at 1 and Roster Spots set at 2 for both PK and DEF. Trying to simulate my league, where you are required to draft at least 1 PK and DEF, and some guys draft more than 1.

#3 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:08 PM

I noticed in a Mock Draft, the other teams (when drafting by ADP) don't always select at least one PK and DEF. This is with Starters set at 1 and Roster Spots set at 2 for both PK and DEF. Trying to simulate my league, where you are required to draft at least 1 PK and DEF, and some guys draft more than 1.

Ok... let me look into this.

#4 dvrobin

dvrobin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-June 05

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

Issue: T.J. Houshmandzadeh... doesn't cross off of the Draft Dominator Depth Charts when selected.  The Depth Charts had a space between the T. and the J.Issue:  Kris Brown doesn't show up on the Draft Domintor Depth Charts.  There is a funny unprintable character on the Depth Charts, so his name didn't import correctly.Issue:  Missing Players:  Roscoe Parrish, Ron Dayne, Marion Barber, KellenWinslow, Onterrio Smith and Koren Robinson.Workaround:  For now you can add these guys by hand.  For guys that are sitting out this year, just enter zero for all of their projections.  They should be added in the next release.

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams has the same issue with the Depth Charts.

Edited by dvrobin, 11 June 2005 - 12:34 PM.

#5 RedStripe

RedStripe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 04-June 05

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

hey Bruce, i saw your post about making any suggestions now...i thought of a couple things:1. it would be really cool to have multiple sets of adp data built in, so when you setup your league DD picks the adp data that best fits based on your league setup (i.e. 12 or 10 teams, te/no te, 2 or 3 wrs, etc...), you would probably be limited by the adp data you can get out of antsports....2. it would also be sweet to be able to be able to hide the name of the DD that shows up in the task bar and the DDs that show up in the program windows, so when you're at your draft and somebody inevitably looks at your sweet program, it doesn't give away your secret source of fbg.com....i know this wouldn't be the best marketing in the world, but i am seriously considering not drafting at the same physical location with my league just because i don't want to give away my best kept secret!keep up the good work!

#6 Mojo702

Mojo702

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 24-August 04

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

hey Bruce, i saw your post about making any suggestions now...i thought of a couple things:

2. it would also be sweet to be able to be able to hide the name of the DD that shows up in the task bar and the DDs that show up in the program windows, so when you're at your draft and somebody inevitably looks at your sweet program, it doesn't give away your secret source of fbg.com....i know this wouldn't be the best marketing in the world, but i am seriously considering not drafting at the same physical location with my league just because i don't want to give away my best kept secret!

keep up the good work!

Here you go:

There is a mask.ini file in the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory. Just double click on it, and notepad should bring it up. From there you can change the AppName and the ShowSplash=NO
Keira Knightley
Angelina Jolie
Carmen Electra
Liz Hurley

2004 Results
The League: 2nd of 14 (10-6)
Max League: 3rd of 12 (9-5-1)
Yahoo: 5th of 10 (8-6)
Fanball: 7th 0f 8 (5-9)
Zealots 9: 11th of 12 (4-9)

Total Won/Loss: 36-35-1

HGFFL

#7 dvrobin

dvrobin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 07-June 05

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:57 PM

Here you go:

There is a mask.ini file in the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory. Just double click on it, and notepad should bring it up. From there you can change the AppName and the ShowSplash=NO

The splash screen setting works. The app name setting only changes the name that shows up in Task Manager. The Task bar and the title bar of the app itself are the same as before.

#8 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:56 AM

[The splash screen setting works. The app name setting only changes the name that shows up in Task Manager. The Task bar and the title bar of the app itself are the same as before.

Good catch. I restructure some code earlier this year that broke this by mistake. It will change both the Task Bar and Title Bar in the next release.

#9 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

hey Bruce, i saw your post about making any suggestions now...i thought of a couple things:

1. it would be really cool to have multiple sets of adp data built in, so when you setup your league DD picks the adp data that best fits based on your league setup (i.e. 12 or 10 teams, te/no te, 2 or 3 wrs, etc...), you would probably be limited by the adp data you can get out of antsports....

2. it would also be sweet to be able to be able to hide the name of the DD that shows up in the task bar and the DDs that show up in the program windows, so when you're at your draft and somebody inevitably looks at your sweet program, it doesn't give away your secret source of fbg.com....i know this wouldn't be the best marketing in the world, but i am seriously considering not drafting at the same physical location with my league just because i don't want to give away my best kept secret!

keep up the good work!

1. The best way to handle number one is to build multiple ADP files like you did from Antsports... and then just import the one you need at the time (by renaming the appropriate one to adp.csv and then doing an import adp).

2. This is done by the mask.ini file as described in this thread. There is a glitch in this first release, but it will be fixed in the next release.

#10 bggn088

bggn088

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
  • Interests:Sports and Drinking a few cold ones

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

What about Mike Green safety for the Bears? Also In keeper leagues can you not add LB Tedy Bruschi? I have a team in my keeper league that is going to keep him. AND on the keeper list window there is no add a player button. :confused:

#11 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

What about Mike Green safety for the Bears? Also In keeper leagues can you not add LB Tedy Bruschi? I have a team in my keeper league that is going to keep him. AND on the keeper list window there is no add a player button. :confused:

Are you sure about the Add Button? It looks ok on mine and I haven't gotten any other complaints about it... Have you tried resizing the keeper list window?

#12 bggn088

bggn088

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
  • Interests:Sports and Drinking a few cold ones

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:03 PM

:football: Sorry, I was referring to the manually add a player button. So I could add a player to a teams keepers who was not in your list. Like Tedy Bruschi. :bag:

#13 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

:football: Sorry, I was referring to the manually add a player button. So I could add a player to a teams keepers who was not in your list. Like Tedy Bruschi. :bag:

Oh... in that case add him to the player projections in the setup tab. You can enter zero stats across the board if you want. Then add him to the Keeper List.

#14 moc

moc

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

there seem to be some issues in conjunction with decimal values in the setup-menu:a) decimals in the 'starters'-area (in either column) aren't saved. for example, when you enter "1,25" for rb starters (because of disagreement with the flex calculations), leave setup with 'ok' and then re-open it, the value is set to "1,00".b) decimal scoring isn't saved correctly in the dd league file. for example, when you enter "0,5" for assisted tackles (or take another category like points for field goals made), leave setup with 'ok', exit dd by answering the save-question with 'yes' and then re-start the application, assisted tackles scoring shows "0". same happens when decimal scoring is imported via vbd spreadsheet to start the league.bruce, could you take a look at these, please?thanks very much in advance.

#15 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

there seem to be some issues in conjunction with decimal values in the setup-menu:
a) decimals in the 'starters'-area (in either column) aren't saved. for example, when you enter "1,25" for rb starters (because of disagreement with the flex calculations), leave setup with 'ok' and then re-open it, the value is set to "1,00".
b) decimal scoring isn't saved correctly in the dd league file. for example, when you enter "0,5" for assisted tackles (or take another category like points for field goals made), leave setup with 'ok', exit dd by answering the save-question with 'yes' and then re-start the application, assisted tackles scoring shows "0". same happens when decimal scoring is imported via vbd spreadsheet to start the league.

bruce, could you take a look at these, please?
thanks very much in advance.

Try entering "." for the decimal point instead of ",".

#16 moc

moc

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:48 AM

unfortunately, not working either. i've tried that before and "." is not accepted in the value fields. as a result, typing "0.5" becomes just "5".

#17 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:19 PM

unfortunately, not working either. i've tried that before and "." is not accepted in the value fields. as a result, typing "0.5" becomes just "5".

Just out of curiosity, what language is your computer set for? Mine doesn't even let me enter a ',' for a decimal point.

The only other thing that I can think of is to open your league file (*.ddf) with a text editor (notepad is probably the best choice). Then change the fields by hand, and make sure you use a '.' The fields would look something like StartersQB=1 and StartersRB=2. You should be able to figure out which fields are which, but if you need more help let me know. Change the fields to something like StartersQB=1.5 and StartersRB=2.4 are what ever values you want.

#18 moc

moc

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:42 AM

good point :thumbup: coming from germany, i'm using the country-specific language and formatting options by os default. after switching over to the us-english layout and starting dd, the setup parameters are shown with a "." as decimal point and can be entered accordingly. as a result, the league file is written correctly :yes:

with this temporary solution in hand, is there a way to fix this issue in future dd releases? for example, would it be possible to implement a conversion into the saving functionality that forces different decimal points into the neccessary us-english format?

one other note:
there is small bug with the 'pts per forced fumble' for LBs. it doesn't matter what you enter, when you close dd and then re-open it, the value has reverted back to "1.00". i think that is caused by a typo in the corresponding variable in the league file: the parameter value is written to "LDBForcedFumble" instead of "LBForcedFumble". after renaming it works fine for me.

thanks very much again for your support. if you need beta-testing for these issues, just let me know.

Edited by Thabiti, 19 June 2005 - 03:43 AM.

#19 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:10 AM

good point :thumbup: coming from germany, i'm using the country-specific language and formatting options by os default. after switching over to the us-english layout and starting dd, the setup parameters are shown with a "." as decimal point and can be entered accordingly. as a result, the league file is written correctly :yes:

with this temporary solution in hand, is there a way to fix this issue in future dd releases? for example, would it be possible to implement a conversion into the saving functionality that forces different decimal points into the neccessary us-english format?

one other note:
there is small bug with the 'pts per forced fumble' for LBs. it doesn't matter what you enter, when you close dd and then re-open it, the value has reverted back to "1.00". i think that is caused by a typo in the corresponding variable in the league file: the parameter value is written to "LDBForcedFumble" instead of "LBForcedFumble". after renaming it works fine for me.

thanks very much again for your support. if you need beta-testing for these issues, just let me know.

I'll look into multi-language... but I believe I have to use the UNICODE standard... and pretty much you have to program the application that way from the beginning... or basically start over again. Thanks for pointing out the LBForcedFumble, that I can get fixed in the next release.

#20 moc

moc

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:20 AM

I'll look into multi-language...

thanks, that would be nice :)

experimenting with the new dd, i noticed a few mistakes in the player pool:
a) missing are the following rookies:
- jason campbell, qb, was
- damien nash, rb, ten
- fred gibson, wr, pit
- chris henry, wr, cin
- jerome mathis, wr, texans
- craphonso thorpe, wr, kc
- kevin everett, te, buf
- matt mccoy, lb, phi
- sean considine, db, phi

b) bears starting safety m.green is listed as a texan

Edited by Thabiti, 19 June 2005 - 10:38 AM.

#21 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

We will get m.green on the right team for sure in the next relese. Most of the players on your list have dynasty value... but most likely won't be drafted in a redraft league this year. We are talking about how to handle dynasty leagues behind the scenes... but it is still a ways off.Your best bet for now is to manually add the players in the Setup area on the Projections tab.

#22 John 14:6

John 14:6

Jesus is Lord!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,248 posts
  • Joined 21-April 03
  • Interests:Jesus & the Bible
    Transformers
    comics
    sports (NFL, NBA)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Most of the players on your list have dynasty value... but most likely won't be drafted in a redraft league this year. We are talking about how to handle dynasty leagues behind the scenes... but it is still a ways off.

I pretty much just use the DD for tracking my dyansty drafts and don't follow the rankings as closely. It'd be cool to get these rookies in, but it's still a great tool as is :thumbup:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."
Corner Fringe

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. The materialism of affluent Christian countries appears to contradict the claims of Jesus Christ that says it's not possible to worship both Mammon and God at the same time.
— Mahatma Gandhi

#23 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

The VBD Spreadsheet Application is for generating printed Cheatsheets for you to take to your league based on your league variables and scoring system.The Draft Dominator is the application that you really want for your live draft. It tracks everybodys picks, recalculates the players values based on who has been selected and recommends best value picks, etc. It can be used ahead of time to run mocks to get a good feel for who will be available to you each round. But the Live Draft is where this thing shines.If it is the Draft Dominator you are talking about... then check out the Help - User's Manual. It has a pretty good Getting Started section that should get you going in no time.

#24 laxiepoo

laxiepoo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 08-June 05

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:10 AM

Regarding the keeper list: any time I'm adding a player to the keeper list it's counting as a Draft Pick, and labelling them as going in the 1st or 2nd round.Any way they can just count as round 0 pick 0, or is there a better way of adding players to the keeper list?Edit: Found my own answer, I can just set round 0 and pick 0 manually there. Thanks!But I did find a grammar error in the Help - User's Manual under "Using the Keeper List Window""If Keeper Players count for draft picks, enter the Round and Pick number where the added Keeper Player will count against the owner in the draft. If Keepers do not count against a player in the draft (which is usually the case for mandatory keepers)."

Edited by laxiepoo, 07 July 2005 - 08:14 AM.

#25 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

Just take an average... with something like:RB1 / 50 = .022 / 60 = .033 / 70 = .044 / 80 = .055 / 100 = .056 / 120 = .057 / 140 = .05avg = .041.So I'd use .04 or .045QB1 / 200 = .0052 / 250 = .0083 / 300 = .014 / 350 = .011Avg. = .085So I'd use .085 or .09

#26 Spike

Spike

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,902 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

I'm attempting to use the VBD spreadsheet - version E1.

When I open it, I get the following system message:

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level. Click Help for more information."

Clicking the "Help" button didn't provide enough help for me.

As I would think I won't be the only person with this question, would you please help me/us out?

Thanks!
My children, before all others...

#27 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:00 PM

I'm attempting to use the VBD spreadsheet - version E1.

When I open it, I get the following system message:

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level. Click Help for more information."

Clicking the "Help" button didn't provide enough help for me.

As I would think I won't be the only person with this question, would you please help me/us out?

Thanks!

1) In the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Security.
2) Click the Security Level tab, and then click the option you want. (Medium should work).

#28 Spike

Spike

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,902 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

Thanks Bruce!
My children, before all others...

#29 pmgraham

pmgraham

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-July 05

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:27 AM

Hey Bruce,I noticed that Travis Henry is listed in the Player Pool in DD with the Titans (as he should be), but not on the Titans depth chart. Could you look into this and let me know? I have just downloaded version 6e of DD. Thanks!-------------pmgraham

#30 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

Hey Bruce,

I noticed that Travis Henry is listed in the Player Pool in DD with the Titans (as he should be), but not on the Titans depth chart. Could you look into this and let me know? I have just downloaded version 6e of DD. Thanks!

-------------
pmgraham

The depth charts must not have been updated when I grabbed them... It should be in the next release.

#31 sos32

sos32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,042 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football & did I mention Football!

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:11 PM

Hey Bruce,

I noticed that Travis Henry is listed in the Player Pool in DD with the Titans (as he should be), but not on the Titans depth chart. Could you look into this and let me know? I have just downloaded version 6e of DD. Thanks!

-------------
pmgraham

Bruce also noticed the depth chart error.

In addition some of the players missing are
Drew Henson QB, DAL
Kellen Winslow Jr., TE, CLE
Jason Campbell, QB, WAS
Fred Gibson, WR, PIT
Chris Henry, WR, CIN

I know just manually add them LOL. Also read the part about dynasty too. Just FYI for further releases. :D Would love to have majority of the players listed. Just my 2 cents

As always a quality product that keeps me amazed. :thumbup:

Edited by sos32, 24 July 2005 - 07:43 PM.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go looking for dinner boys! - The Program
- QB Joe Cane (Craig Sheffer)

I look at you and see two men. The man that your are and the man that you ought be. One day those two men will me and it'll make for one hell of a football player-The Replacements
- Coach Jimmy McGinty (Gene Hackman)

CKFFA Champion 2000, 2002, & 2004
Yahoo Public League Champ 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008

My Dynasty Roster
QB- P.Manning, T.Romo, J.Johnson,
RB- M.Turner, F.Jones, R.Mendenhall, W.McGahee, M.Reece, R.Hillman, V.Ballard, J.Dwyer,
WR- P.Garcon, M.Crabtree, G.Little, L.Moore, V.Brown, D.Moore, K.Wright, M.Floyd (ARZ), D. Avery, A.Collie, R.Wallace (MIA)
TE- A.Gates, F.Davis, C.Fleener
PK- M.Bryant
DT- Patriots, Packers

#32 pizzatyme

pizzatyme

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,490 posts
  • Joined 06-September 04

Posted 30 July 2005 - 04:27 AM

Bruce,For us poetically challenged peeps, how do get to the "Easter Egg" in the program? :confused: I would like to be able to use every tool your great product provides, but I am lost! :bag:
The FFPC- By Players For Players

myffpc.com

#33 dloew

dloew

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

Bruce,I don't know if this is an error or by design.When I use the Best Value Pick window, the displayed value for "Next Pick" is calculating for the "Current Pick" team. Shouldn't the "Next Pick" be my team's next pick?Subsequently, the "Spots Between Picks" number is giving the number of spots between picks for the "Current Pick" team. I think I would benefit more from it showing me "Spots Until My Next Pick".Thanks again for the great app.

#34 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:32 PM

Bruce,

For us poetically challenged peeps, how do get to the "Easter Egg" in the program? :confused:

I would like to be able to use every tool your great product provides, but I am lost!

:bag:

Hint: The three letters in question are in the line describing the forum...
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#35 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:41 AM

Bruce,

I don't know if this is an error or by design.

When I use the Best Value Pick window, the displayed value for "Next Pick" is calculating for the "Current Pick" team. Shouldn't the "Next Pick" be my team's next pick?

Subsequently, the "Spots Between Picks" number is giving the number of spots between picks for the "Current Pick" team. I think I would benefit more from it showing me "Spots Until My Next Pick".

Thanks again for the great app.

This is by design... although I'll have to give it some thought....

#36 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:42 AM

Bruce,

For us poetically challenged peeps, how do  get to the "Easter Egg" in the program?  :confused:

I would like to be able to use every tool your great product provides, but I am lost!

Hint: The three letters in question are in the line describing the forum...

I guess I just assumed that 15 people had already PM'd him the answer.... :ph34r:

#37 Double D

Double D

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:12 AM

When I did a mock draft I didn't like the outcome, so I try to run another mock to see different results but it always drafts the same, how can I get a new mock to come up. In my draft the top 2 or 3 picks are always RB's, in the mock I ran, Peyton was the first pick, I don't recall who the 2nd pick was, but I do know it wasn't LT. This kind of mock doesen't help because it looks skewed from the start, thats why I want to try to run another mock draft. Anyone know how to run another one that will have different results?Thanks

#38 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:53 AM

When I did a mock draft I didn't like the outcome, so I try to run another mock to see different results but it always drafts the same, how can I get a new mock to come up. In my draft the top 2 or 3 picks are always RB's, in the mock I ran, Peyton was the first pick, I don't recall who the 2nd pick was, but I do know it wasn't LT. This kind of mock doesen't help because it looks skewed from the start, thats why I want to try to run another mock draft. Anyone know how to run another one that will have different results?

Thanks

Make your first couple of picks by hand... I usually draft the first 7 rounds or so by hand... then click the Finish Mock Draft button. This lets you try out different scenerios... for example what happens if I take 3 RBs in the first 3 rounds? what happens if I take 1 RB, 1 WR, 1TE in the first 3 rounds? what happens if I take 1 WR, 2RBs in the first 3 rounds? etc.

See Chris Smith's Draft Slots article for an idea of how to put together a draft plan based on your drafting slot.

#39 JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

Noticed a small issue today when looking at the depth charts. The FB position for both MIN and WAS do not have any players listed, therefore Kleinsasser (sp?) and Cooley do not show up on the depth charts.

#40 Steve in Minneapolis

Steve in Minneapolis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,224 posts
  • Joined 23-April 03

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:42 PM

Bruce - thx for a great product.In the best value pick window, it doesn't appear that the program recognizes 'keepers' in future picks. For example, I have Lamont Jordan that I am keeping as a 5th round pick. When I am picking in the 4th round, I'd love to have the program automatically recognize that my next pick isn't until round 6 and adjust the recommendations accordingly.Did I miss something, or should I just do this manually by turning off the 'auto look ahead' when I know I have a keeper pick coming.Thx again-Steve

Edited by Steve in Minneapolis, 16 August 2005 - 08:43 PM.

#41 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

Bruce - thx for a great product.

In the best value pick window, it doesn't appear that the program recognizes 'keepers' in future picks. For example, I have Lamont Jordan that I am keeping as a 5th round pick. When I am picking in the 4th round, I'd love to have the program automatically recognize that my next pick isn't until round 6 and adjust the recommendations accordingly.

Did I miss something, or should I just do this manually by turning off the 'auto look ahead' when I know I have a keeper pick coming.

Thx again-
Steve

Yea, for now just adjust the look ahead manually for this situation.

#42 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Noticed a small issue today when looking at the depth charts. The FB position for both MIN and WAS do not have any players listed, therefore Kleinsasser (sp?) and Cooley do not show up on the depth charts.

Thanks. This should be fixed in the next release.

#43 bocksheesh

bocksheesh

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

Bruce,

For us poetically challenged peeps, how do get to the "Easter Egg" in the program? :confused:

What is this so-called Easter Egg of which you speak?

#44 JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

Looked at the projections in the new release and noticed that there are two sets of projections for the following players: Billy McMullen, Roscoe Parrish, Roydell Williams, and Roland Williams.

#45 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

Remove the ones with 0 projections then...

#46 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

Don't click the Player Pool option from the Player Pool context menu (Right Click Menu). This causes a runtime 340 error and the app will shut down.I've fixed this... and will be in the next version 6.0k.

#47 JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:35 PM

Remove the ones with 0 projections then...

Both lines have projections. I will have to look at the new projections to see which line to zero out.

Edited by JohnDoe, 21 August 2005 - 03:35 PM.

#48 mamba

mamba

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 23 August 2005 - 04:15 AM

Bruce: When I try to save my teams to floppy to carry around, I get an error message that says "Error saving draft data - permission denied". Is there some setting I am missing? I've never had this message before this year, so I am not sure what I did not do. Thanks for any help you can offer!

#49 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,968 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:48 PM

Are your floppies write protected? Can you save to your hard drive first... and then copy them over to the floppy?

#50 tech

tech

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 510 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:40 PM

Bruce,Unbelievable App. Thanks for the great tool and for answering all of these questions.I my league RBs and WRs get points based on COMBINED rushing and receiving yards. They get so many points per 10 combined yards with the points per 10 increasing as the total increases.What is the best way to SETUP DD to account for this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users