#1 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

Will the DD work on a Mac?

For a mac, you need VirtualPC to run the Draft Dominator. Here is a link with more details: Mac VirtualPC Thread

The VBD Spreadsheet App works on a Mac if you have MS Excel.

How do I update with out losing my league settings, scoring, player notes, etc. ?

Just download and install the latest version. It will install right on top of your existing one. It will not overwrite your league settings, scoring, player notes, etc.

How come the Player Pool Fantasy Points don't match the Projection Fantasy Points?

The Use SOS and Use Weekly Weights on the GameByGame affect the Fantasy Points in the player pool. For example, if your league doesn't play in week 17, then the player pool values will not include points for week 17. The projections tab does include all 17 weeks. Likewise, if you weighted some of your divisional games with a little higher weight... then the player pool values could be a little higher than the projection tab.

To make the values match, uncheck the Use SOS and Use Weekly Weights and then hit Recalculate. However, for your live draft, you will want these checked to take advantage of the SOS, Weighted Divisional Games, Complementary Player, etc.

When is the next update coming out?

The target is Wednesday/Thursday of each week.

What do the colors mean on the Best Value window and the Draft Status window?

Red = Bye week conflict same position
Blue = Bye week conflict at another position
Black = No bye week conflict

I'm getting some strange error. At this point I just want to start over...

If all else fails...

1) From windows click Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and remove the Draft Dominator.
2) Go to the C:\Program Files\DraftDominator subdirectory and remove any remaining files.
3) Download and install a fresh copy of the Draft Dominator.

The Draft Dominator is locking up on me...

Are you using dual monitors ? or nvidia desktop manager? If so try disabling it.

Have you installed the latest Windows Updates? From windows, click Start - Windows Update, and install all the critical patches.

How about virus protection and spyware protection? www.grisoft.com has a great free virus checker. And Spybot Search and Destroy http://www.safer-net...g/en/index.html is a great spyware remover.

When I go to install the Draft Dominator, it says the file is corrupt...

The Setup File size should be 5855KB. Sometimes the file doesn't download all the way due to connection, traffic, etc. Your best bet is to download it again and save it as a different name.

Let me know how it turns out.

How do I export the file to DD Lite?

From the desktop version of the Draft Dominator... do an File - Export - DDLite Palm. Then load the exported file DDLiteFile.pdb on to the Palm. This way it will have your league variables and scoring system.

For more Frequently Asked Questions, click Help -> Frequently Asked Questions within the Draft Dominator software

#2 Wrecking_Crew

Wrecking_Crew

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:45 AM

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.Is there a way to change a players position within draft dominator?My league goes off of league software for resolving player positions (for tweeners) and have different scoring for each position.In this case, Terrell Suggs is the player in question, as currently he is listed as a DE, while in our league he will end up being treated as a LB.Thanks,

#3 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:14 AM

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

Is there a way to change a players position within draft dominator?

My league goes off of league software for resolving player positions (for tweeners) and have different scoring for each position.

In this case, Terrell Suggs is the player in question, as currently he is listed as a DE, while in our league he will end up being treated as a LB.

Thanks,

Here you will just have to add Suggs to the LB tab... and remove him from the DL tab.

#4 Wrecking_Crew

Wrecking_Crew

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:33 PM

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

Is there a way to change a players position within draft dominator?

My league goes off of league software for resolving player positions (for tweeners) and have different scoring for each position.

In this case, Terrell Suggs is the player in question, as currently he is listed as a DE, while in our league he will end up being treated as a LB.

Thanks,

Here you will just have to add Suggs to the LB tab... and remove him from the DL tab.

Thank you.

#5 Morton Muffley

Morton Muffley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:36 PM

Ok, tell me what I'm doing wrong...I've inputted my league scoring rules and made changes to the projections but I just noticed that the fantasy points calculated on the projection sheet (correct) is NOT the same as the fantasy points calculated on the player pool sheet (incorrect). why is this and how can I fix it??

#6 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:57 PM

Ok, tell me what I'm doing wrong...I've inputted my league scoring rules and made changes to the projections but I just noticed that the fantasy points calculated on the projection sheet (correct) is NOT the same as the fantasy points calculated on the player pool sheet (incorrect). why is this and how can I fix it??

The answer is shown at the top of this thread. It is the 3rd question...

#7 Morton Muffley

Morton Muffley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:14 AM

Ok, tell me what I'm doing wrong...I've inputted my league scoring rules and made changes to the projections but I just noticed that the fantasy points calculated on the projection sheet (correct) is NOT the same as the fantasy points calculated on the player pool sheet (incorrect).  why is this and how can I fix it??

The answer is shown at the top of this thread. It is the 3rd question...

Apologies for having missed that. Thanks.

#8 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:55 AM

Bruce, how should we interpret team strengths? in terms of something we can wrap our minds around (points for the full season? points for the rest of the season? points per game?)Thanks!I'm trying to decide if picking up, say, 6 points for my starters is even worthwhile, if I give up - say - 20 points for total team strength. Etc.
12 teams; start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1PK, 1DT (reserves of same)
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Gore K. Smith (R. Rice S. Slaton)
Wayne S. Smith NYG (M. Sims-Walker S. Breaston)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#9 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

Another question:when I try to clear teams now, every time LD locks up and I have to shut it down. This didn't use to happen. Anything you can think of that might be unrelated to my computer?
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#10 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:23 PM

Another question:

when I try to clear teams now, every time LD locks up and I have to shut it down. This didn't use to happen. Anything you can think of that might be unrelated to my computer?

The clear teams function is probably messing you up because the LD has players listed twice, including LaMont and Lamont jordan and Donte and Donte' Stallworth. Instead of clearing teams, create and save a fresh, blank template and always work off of it.

Joel
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#11 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:12 PM

Hmm... are you saying repopulate my entire draft dominator... all twelve teams with 16 players each?If so, I appreciate the advice, but I'm afraid I'll just have to live without looking at things "fresh" with cleared teams.However, it just occurred to me, that I don't know what you mean by saving a fresh template. Clearing the teams is how I would do that. I don't know how to start from scratch. (I believe I imported my teams from DD to begin the LD era...)Thanks!
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#12 GoBears84

GoBears84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:The University of California, Berkeley

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hmm... are you saying repopulate my entire draft dominator... all twelve teams with 16 players each?

If so, I appreciate the advice, but I'm afraid I'll just have to live without looking at things "fresh" with cleared teams.

However, it just occurred to me, that I don't know what you mean by saving a fresh template. Clearing the teams is how I would do that. I don't know how to start from scratch. (I believe I imported my teams from DD to begin the LD era...)

Thanks!

I guess I don't understand why you clear your teams and how you are using the LD.

Here's a quick snapshot of what I do every week:

Each Monday I take the current LD file with all the updated teams and save it with a new name for the week (for example: Week08.ddf)

I take that file and import it into the TradeDominator and save it. That allows me to use the Tuesday TD updates for claims.

Then as transactions occur during the week I track them in LD and continue to save them with the current name (week08.ddf). If I want to check various scenarios, I'll save the file with a different name (ie week08-WR.ddf), but I still have the original week08.ddf. I can also take each change and import it into TD if I want to use that functionality (since the TD and the TA have different projections).

When Monday rolls around, I take my week08.ddf file and save it for the next week (week09.ddf) and the cycle starts over.

I never have any problems and I always have up to date rosters.

Joel
Yes, I still hate Mack Brown.

#13 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

Okay, so we're talking about different things.There is a "clear rosters" functionality in LD. It used to be that I could hit that and it would remove all the players on anyone's roster (similar to what happens if you clear after a mock draft in DD.I used this to see who was ranked higher than whom, using our scoring rules and (sometimes) different game weights. I could, for example, create a "Top 200" using our scoring rules with this.I figured out that I can do the above but just printing the cheatsheets. So it's not a huge loss. But I don't understand why it locks up now, and didn't previously.Incidentally, this locks up my work computer and also my home computer, so it seems to be a problem in the software.No big deal. Probably only Bruce can answer.
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#14 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:22 PM

I tried it with a couple of leagues that I have here... and the Clear Teams worked ok.Shoot me a league file (*.ddf) that doesn't clear, and I'll take a peek at it.

#15 Lee Dog

Lee Dog

I beat Don Flamenco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

Okay, so we're talking about different things.

There is a "clear rosters" functionality in LD. It used to be that I could hit that and it would remove all the players on anyone's roster (similar to what happens if you clear after a mock draft in DD.

I used this to see who was ranked higher than whom, using our scoring rules and (sometimes) different game weights. I could, for example, create a "Top 200" using our scoring rules with this.

I figured out that I can do the above but just printing the cheatsheets. So it's not a huge loss. But I don't understand why it locks up now, and didn't previously.

Incidentally, this locks up my work computer and also my home computer, so it seems to be a problem in the software.

No big deal. Probably only Bruce can answer.

Same thing has happened to me.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIITTTTTT

BAAAASSSSKKKEETBAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

A little piece of me dies everytime I hear that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#16 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:15 AM

(I think I need to ask this again... got lost above:)Bruce, how should we interpret team strengths? in terms of something we can wrap our minds around (points for the full season? points for the rest of the season? points per game?)Thanks!I'm trying to decide if picking up, say, 6 points for my starters is even worthwhile, if I give up - say - 20 points for total team strength. Etc. This does not appear to be addressed in the help menu.
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#17 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

(I think I need to ask this again... got lost above:)

Bruce, how should we interpret team strengths? in terms of something we can wrap our minds around (points for the full season? points for the rest of the season? points per game?)

Thanks!

I'm trying to decide if picking up, say, 6 points for my starters is even worthwhile, if I give up - say - 20 points for total team strength. Etc.

This does not appear to be addressed in the help menu.

They are points for the remaining season. The Starters are weighted at full strength (1.00)... and the backups are weighted at a little less (0.80 for example)... and they go down from there based on the position depth.

#18 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Bruce, in playing around with DD now that we have all positions populated, a couple of ideas have struck me.First, the "wait until X players taken" function intrigued me, until I realized it was X players at a given position were taken by other owners. I can't imagine using that function, though others might find it useful.What would be really useful to me is to be able to say "wait to take a given position until Xth round." That way, I could set that for PKs to, say, the 10th round. Ideally, I would want that to apply in mock drafting to everyone.Or, to even express a greater ideal, it would be great to be able to have nobody pick a given position, like PK, until Xth round, but to set it for myself until Yth round. (I won't draft a kicker before the 10th round, but somebody in my league will do it in the 9th round, and I'd like the mock drafting to reflect that.)Finally, I believe others have expressed the desire to be able to customize the need multiplier. I would second that - I don't agree with these factors at all points in the draft, and it would be nice to be able to change them for different positions as the draft progresses. For example, if I draft a QB in the first round, I believe it sets the need multiplier for QBs at 0.7. I believe if I draft my first QB in the 6th round, it still says 0.7. My need for a second QB is different if I've invested a 1st round pick in a QB (God forbid!) than a sixth round pick. Furthermore, even if I only invested a sixth round pick, I'm not going to assign a high need multiplier to QBs at round 7. But that need multipler might rise as I move later into the draft. (I think this second customization is less needful than the first, based on what your investment in the position is.)Again, that said, what a tremendous application you've developed. I'm sure I speak with others when I say that all the advice for upgrades is in many cases driven by our migrating more and more of our drafting efforts and customization thinking toward this software. The more dependent I am on it, the more I don't want to have to create my "old devices" for overcoming what minor shortcomings may exist in it (from each of our personal perspectives).

Edited by Mr. Anonymous, 26 January 2006 - 01:23 PM.

Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#19 Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 991 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

After that long list of wishes, I have a couple of questions.I realize that I don't understand the custom dropoff function. The help menu doesn't tell us. How is that used?I don't have any idea how one would use the VBD "configurable by point value." Without asking for a long tutorial, can you give me an example of how this would work, compared to VBD (by position point value). Seems like it throws VBD out. Or, is it that this might be useful once you've kind of got your starting team assembled, where you're looking for where the most points impact comes from? If that's it, no need for an explanation (other than to affirm).Thanks!
Garrard (T. Edwards)
Witten (M. Lewis)
Kaeding (K. Brown)
Eagles (Colts)

#20 Wingnut

Wingnut

** Inactive **

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,553 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

2006 edition:

Bruce, I opened my league file from last year and when I did that, none of the printable stuff is showing up - just blank pages (cheatsheet, top 200, etc etc etc)

Its probably something simple but I havent played with the DD in a while and Im probably just overlooking it
This forum sucks.

#21 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

2006 edition:

Bruce, I opened my league file from last year and when I did that, none of the printable stuff is showing up - just blank pages (cheatsheet, top 200, etc etc etc)

Its probably something simple but I havent played with the DD in a while and Im probably just overlooking it

Make sure you have a Default Printer configured in windows. Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. If you don't have a printer configured, the pages will come up blank.

#22 Fantasy Strategist

Fantasy Strategist

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hey Bruce...quick question regarding the double serpentine option...when we have done it in the past it goes as such...1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, etc...in the DD it's quite a bit different? Have we been doing it wrong all these years? :X We thought it was pretty equal. The one in the DD would seem to favor picking at the bottom of the draft ;) ...just curious? Thanks, MJ
Green Bay Packers: 13 NFL Championships
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, 2010

#23 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:50 AM

Hey Bruce...quick question regarding the double serpentine option...when we have done it in the past it goes as such...1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, etc...in the DD it's quite a bit different? Have we been doing it wrong all these years? :X We thought it was pretty equal. The one in the DD would seem to favor picking at the bottom of the draft ;) ...just curious? Thanks, MJ

Actually, I think you are right and the DD has been doing it wrong. I'll tweak this in the next release or so.

#24 homebrumiester

homebrumiester

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:08 AM

Hey Bruce I noticed that some players do not get strikethoughs on the depth charts after they are drafted. Notably LT and DeShaun Foster seems to be a problem with some players with 2 capitol letters in the first name.

Just a heads up for you.

Edited by homebrumiester, 04 June 2006 - 05:08 AM.

#25 Fantasy Strategist

Fantasy Strategist

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:24 AM

Hey Bruce...quick question regarding the double serpentine option...when we have done it in the past it goes as such...1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, etc...in the DD it's quite a bit different?  Have we been doing it wrong all these years? :X  We thought it was pretty equal.  The one in the DD would seem to favor picking at the bottom of the draft ;) ...just curious?  Thanks, MJ

Actually, I think you are right and the DD has been doing it wrong. I'll tweak this in the next release or so.

Cool...thanks...me like football too
Green Bay Packers: 13 NFL Championships
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, 2010

#26 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:09 PM

Hey Bruce I noticed that some players do not get strikethoughs on the depth charts after they are drafted. Notably LT and DeShaun Foster seems to be a problem with some players with 2 capitol letters in the first name.

Just a heads up for you.

Version 6.1c should fix this.

#27 Wingnut

Wingnut

** Inactive **

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,553 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

2006 edition:

Make sure you have a Default Printer configured in windows. Start -> Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes. If you don't have a printer configured, the pages will come up blank.

:thumbup:

Forgot to do that on my laptop after I did an OS reinstall.

Thanks
This forum sucks.

#28 videoguy505

videoguy505

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 16,793 posts
  • Joined 31-August 05

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

Bruce:

Ran into some trouble with ver C, sent you an email with a file attached. Just not sure how to fix the Tomlinson issue (guess i picked the wrong one) and the Reggie Bush issue. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!
High praise
Bandwagons joined this season: :mansion:, 33% parlay. I once made Woz vomit blood and got LHUCKS to call himself a "timeless doosh"
*Now presented in High Definition

#29 Aslanides01

Aslanides01

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:39 AM

Bruce,

Hopefully I didn't miss the explanation somewhere but I was wondering what the "Status" column is for in the "Draft Summary" window (for a non-auction league)?

#30 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:10 PM

Bruce,

Hopefully I didn't miss the explanation somewhere but I was wondering what the "Status" column is for in the "Draft Summary" window (for a non-auction league)?

Suprisingly, I don't think anybody has asked this question before. It was added to support the Keeper List functionality. It is normally blank, unless the player was selected as a Keeper, in which case it displays Keeper.

#31 cpstorm

cpstorm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 10-July 06

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

Is there anyway I can adjust the settings on the DD such that I can have it focus on a dynasty sort of setting?

I am not sure if VBD works very well for dynasty. These lists are obviously geared at redraft.

btw i know about the dynasty rankings in the main pg,

#32 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:51 AM

Currently, the only way to handle Dynasty League Rankings, is to manually tweak the projections up or down based on the players future potential. This is easier said then done, because it is very subjective. The DD Note fields can be helpful here too, where you can enter things like Age and Rookie status.

#33 Binoterp

Binoterp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 26-September 03

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

Hello Bruce,

Quick question. I am doing a dynasty auction draft. I oculd have swore that previous versions of the draft dominator would update auction values as players were picked up. I am remembering incorrectly or do I need to something to make this happen? Thank you

#34 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

Hello Bruce,

Quick question. I am doing a dynasty auction draft. I oculd have swore that previous versions of the draft dominator would update auction values as players were picked up. I am remembering incorrectly or do I need to something to make this happen? Thank you

Make sure you turn on the Auction Support on the Setup Page.

Stretch the Player Pool and Team Stats window a little wider to see auction values.

If you enter the Salary or Auction amounts in the Player Notes 3 column then, they will fill in automatically in the Draft Status window in the Amt. Paid field when selected. There is a File menu item that will automatically fill in the Player Note 3 column with calculate Auction values (use with care).

#35 Reaper

Reaper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

Is there a way that I can see the overall "player pool" without Kickers and Defense?

#36 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Is there a way that I can see the overall "player pool" without Kickers and Defense?

If you zero out the projections and/or scoring for Kickers and Defenses... they will fall all the way to the bottom.

#37 Werker

Werker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:23 AM

Bruce - I'm not sure if this is the thread for the question but here goes. In 2005 our league changed to 14 roster spots with starters as follows - 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1Flex, 1K and 1D. I've evaluated the final roster from 2005 and determined the total number of drafted positional players and I want to 'force feed' the end result into DD. Can I do that? I'd like the My Team Mock to end with 26 Qs, 39 Rs, 50 Ws, 20 Ts, 18 Ks and 15 Ds being drafted. Is it possible?

#38 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:29 AM

Bruce - I'm not sure if this is the thread for the question but here goes. In 2005 our league changed to 14 roster spots with starters as follows - 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1Flex, 1K and 1D. I've evaluated the final roster from 2005 and determined the total number of drafted positional players and I want to 'force feed' the end result into DD. Can I do that? I'd like the My Team Mock to end with 26 Qs, 39 Rs, 50 Ws, 20 Ts, 18 Ks and 15 Ds being drafted. Is it possible?

You can control some of this with the Roster spots... but I don't think there is any way to get exactly that, except by hand entering each team.

#39 Werker

Werker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:36 AM

Bruce - I'm not sure if this is the thread for the question  but here goes.  In 2005 our league changed to 14 roster spots with starters as follows - 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1Flex, 1K and 1D.  I've evaluated the final roster from 2005 and determined the total number of drafted positional players and I want to 'force feed' the end result into DD.  Can I do that?  I'd like the My Team Mock to end with 26 Qs, 39 Rs, 50 Ws, 20 Ts, 18 Ks and 15 Ds being drafted.  Is it possible?

You can control some of this with the Roster spots... but I don't think there is any way to get exactly that, except by hand entering each team.

Thanks!

#40 Reaper

Reaper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:33 AM

If you zero out the projections and/or scoring for Kickers and Defenses... they will fall all the way to the bottom.

Bruce that's not working.... It still lists my player poll according to rank.

Sorry if I'm being a bumbling fool with the DD...

I just think that it would be nice to easily Zap Kickers and Defenses from the pool.... I think most of us draft for value and then add K's and Defenses at the end of the draft.

#41 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:42 PM

Bruce that's not working.... It still lists my player poll according to rank.

Sorry if I'm being a bumbling fool with the DD...

I just think that it would be nice to easily Zap Kickers and Defenses from the pool.... I think most of us draft for value and then add K's and Defenses at the end of the draft.

Are you going to draft with the DD on a laptop? or are you just printing out cheatsheets here?

If drafting with the DD, click File -> Setup -> General, and set the "Wait until X Kickers are Drafted" and set it to 8 or so. This way the Best Value won't recommend a kicker for your team until 8 have been taken off the board.

#42 Brides Maids

Brides Maids

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 04-August 06

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

Is there any talk of creating a tool that helps with the determination during the season of who to start each week?
Somehow matching SOS with rosters?
Just wondering because I know during the season that is a common question. I know it was the main question I had last year, who to start Jordan or Parker or.... Brady or Green in certain weeks.
Cliff the Great[size=7][font=Century Gothic]

#43 Brides Maids

Brides Maids

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 04-August 06

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:06 AM

Sorry guys I actually see the posts about the Lineup Dominator now
Cliff the Great[size=7][font=Century Gothic]

#44 Tusken Raider

Tusken Raider

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 853 posts
  • Joined 27-April 03
  • Interests:Heed ye not the false riffage of Buckethead and Robin Finck...

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

Bruce,

In regards to the "depth chart" window, is there a way to quickly navigate from one team to another? All I see is the arrows to go in alphabetical order. When drafting, or simply searching through the charts, it would be helpful to get from one team to another quicker. Any chance of adding team tabs withing the window, or a scroll?

Thanks,
TR

#45 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Bruce, In regards to the "depth chart" window, is there a way to quickly navigate from one team to another? All I see is the arrows to go in alphabetical order. When drafting, or simply searching through the charts, it would be helpful to get from one team to another quicker. Any chance of adding team tabs withing the window, or a scroll? Thanks,TR

The problem is, is that 32 tabs take up a ton of screen space. You can use the Left and Right arrow keys if the window has focus. Those go pretty fast.

#46 twhizzer

twhizzer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

I've noticed 2 things. First, with the player pool, apparently there are duplicate entries. How can this be addressed? Second, after running a mock draft, the clear teams functions doesn't seem to work fully. It will clear all but 2 or 3 players from each team. How can this be addressed? Appreciate any assistance anyone has.

#47 Anon

Anon

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,133 posts
  • Joined 06-August 03

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

The DD is having troubles opening some league files from last year, especially keeper leagues. The easiest solution is to do a File -> New and create a fresh league file. The other solution is to: Exit the DD. Then open your league file (*.ddf) with noteplad and remove all the lines with players from the Draft Summary, Team Data, and Keeper List. Then save it, restart the DD and open with your league file with DD.

#48 twhizzer

twhizzer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

Excellent!! I tried your suggestion about editing the .ddf file and got all the players back into the player pool. Is there an easy way to remove duplicates from the player pool? Thanks for the quick response!!

#49 Bruce Henderson

Bruce Henderson

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,971 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

To get the player pool back to normal, just reinstall DD.

#50 twhizzer

twhizzer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 15-August 06

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:47 PM

To get the player pool back to normal, just reinstall DD.

That did it. Thanks again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users