What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fletcher, Peterson or Totupu (1 Viewer)

buccosfan

Footballguy
Fletcher has been on fire. Peterson has been steady. Totupu has been good.I think Peterson is the safest bet. But I'm wondering if any Bills homers have any insight into why the spike in Fletcher's numbers the last 4 games. ... He's posting some crazy numbers. I've always liked him, too.Thoughts?

LOFA! vs. the 49ersPeterson will get tackles while Edge runs a lot in this game, Fletcher may too, but Tatupu has the best chance for big plays. If you get good points for sacks, it's Lofa all the way.

While I'm a big fan of Tatupa, Fletcher has been a tackling machine. Gotta go with Fletcher.

LOFA! vs. the 49ers

Peterson will get tackles while Edge runs a lot in this game, Fletcher may too, but Tatupu has the best chance for big plays. If you get good points for sacks, it's Lofa all the way.
not sure why you would rely on big plays if you have favorable matchups with peterson and fletch...

Gotta go with Mr. Consistency (ala Mike Peterson).

* 7 of 12 games with double-digit tackles ----> 58%)

* only 2 of 12 games with less than 7 tackles ----> 17%

* 7 of 12 games with "big play" (ie. INT, sack, or FF) ----> 58%

My #2 choice would be Fletcher, but he can't touch Peterson is any of the above-listed catagories. Consistency wins games.

I am debating on starting Fletcher as well. Usually it would be a no brainer but the first time the Bills played the Pats this season, Fletcher recorded 1 solo and 1 assist. Almost every other game this season he has been either solid or outstanding.Not sure exactly why he didn't do well last game but I hope he doesn't flame out again this week. I have to choose 2 between Fletcher, Marshall and McKinnon. Right now I am going with McKinnon and Fletcher.

I am debating on starting Fletcher as well. Usually it would be a no brainer but the first time the Bills played the Pats this season, Fletcher recorded 1 solo and 1 assist. Almost every other game this season he has been either solid or outstanding.

Not sure exactly why he didn't do well last game but I hope he doesn't flame out again this week. I have to choose 2 between Fletcher, Marshall and McKinnon. Right now I am going with McKinnon and Fletcher.
Ouch...benching Fletcher for McKinnon?? Man, that's a tough one. McKinnon is only a 2-down LB, while Fletcher is one of the best 3-down LB's in the game.You're definitely rolling the dice on this one. Good luck. :thumbup:

I am debating on starting Fletcher as well.  Usually it would be a no brainer but the first time the Bills played the Pats this season, Fletcher recorded 1 solo and 1 assist.  Almost every other game this season he has been either solid or outstanding.

Not sure exactly why he didn't do well last game but I hope he doesn't flame out again this week.  I have to choose 2 between Fletcher, Marshall and McKinnon.  Right now I am going with McKinnon and Fletcher.
Ouch...benching Fletcher for McKinnon?? Man, that's a tough one. McKinnon is only a 2-down LB, while Fletcher is one of the best 3-down LB's in the game.You're definitely rolling the dice on this one. Good luck. :thumbup:
I am not benching Fletcher. Fletcher and McKinnon are starting and I am benching Marshall. Contemplated on benching Fletcher but in the end, he is just too good to sit.

I am debating on starting Fletcher as well. Usually it would be a no brainer but the first time the Bills played the Pats this season, Fletcher recorded 1 solo and 1 assist. Almost every other game this season he has been either solid or outstanding.

Not sure exactly why he didn't do well last game but I hope he doesn't flame out again this week. I have to choose 2 between Fletcher, Marshall and McKinnon. Right now I am going with McKinnon and Fletcher.
I am not benching Fletcher. Fletcher and McKinnon are starting and I am benching Marshall. Contemplated on benching Fletcher but in the end, he is just too good to sit.
:ph34r: My bad.

LOFA! vs. the 49ers

Peterson will get tackles while Edge runs a lot in this game, Fletcher may too, but Tatupu has the best chance for big plays. If you get good points for sacks, it's Lofa all the way.
not sure why you would rely on big plays if you have favorable matchups with peterson and fletch...
Well, it may depend on your scoring, but I agree - go with Fletcher and Peterson, the top two LBs over the past 6 weeks - including Fletcher's bye week.

Gotta go with Mr. Consistency (ala Mike Peterson).

* 7 of 12 games with double-digit tackles ----> 58%)

* only 2 of 12 games with less than 7 tackles ----> 17%

* 7 of 12 games with "big play" (ie. INT, sack, or FF) ----> 58%

My #2 choice would be Fletcher, but he can't touch Peterson is any of the above-listed catagories. Consistency wins games.
Thanks for an insightful response Weiner Dog. At least someone gave me a decent answer. What I was looking for was a reason for the spike in Fletcher's numbers of late. I guess no one had an answer.

What I was looking for was a reason for the spike in Fletcher's numbers of late. I guess no one had an answer.
Just a quick glance at the opponents provides somewhat of an answer.Chiefs

at Chargers

Panthers

at Dolphins

One thing they all have in common is a heavy reliance on the running game or the TE.

The thing I didn't expect when looking at the stats were Fletcher's 2 sacks against Miami.

I'm not sure if he'll continue to shine against the Pats, but week 15 vs. Denver should be a nice game, as should week 16 vs. Cincy. Lots of tackles for him in those 2 games, I suspect.

What I was looking for was a reason for the spike in Fletcher's numbers of late. I guess no one had an answer.
Just a quick glance at the opponents provides somewhat of an answer.Chiefs

at Chargers

Panthers

at Dolphins

One thing they all have in common is a heavy reliance on the running game or the TE.

The thing I didn't expect when looking at the stats were Fletcher's 2 sacks against Miami.

I'm not sure if he'll continue to shine against the Pats, but week 15 vs. Denver should be a nice game, as should week 16 vs. Cincy. Lots of tackles for him in those 2 games, I suspect.
From what I've seen, Fletchers is just flat out playing great...he's making plays all over the field. Sometimes its just as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread