What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2007 NFL Madden Cover (1 Viewer)

Who will grace the cover?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carson Palmer

• Shaun Alexander

• LaDainian Tomlinson

• Edgerrin James

• Ben Roethlisberger

• Steve Smith

• Michael Vick

• Chad Johnson

• Randy Moss

• Terrell Owens

• Brian Urlacher

• Jake Plummer

• Tom Brady

• OTHER

• Total voters

jeff_eaglz

I found this list from a wagering site when I was looking for the Madden Curse....

Interesting list of potential candidates.

Perhaps a poll is in order.

Madden 2007 Cover Odds

Summary:

IND, QB Peyton Manning 1:2

CIN, QB Carson Palmer 2:1

SEA, RB Shaun Alexander 4:1

SD, RB LaDainian Tomlinson 5:1

IND, RB Edgerrin James 6:1

PIT, QB Ben Roethlisberger 6:1

CAR, WR Steve Smith 7:1

ATL, QB Michael Vick 8:1

CIN, WR Chad Johnson 9:1

OAK, WR Randy Moss 10:1

PHI, WR Terrell Owens 12:1

CHI, LB Brian Urlacher 14:1

DEN, QB Jake Plummer 15:1

NE, QB Tom Brady 16:1

SD, QB Drew Brees 17:1

SEA, QB Matt Hasselbeck 18:1

NYG, RB Tiki Barber 19:1

ATL, RB Warrick Dunn 20:1

CIN, RB Rudi Johnson 21:1

KAN, RB Larry Johnson 22:1

WAS, WR Santana Moss 23:1

ARI, WR Larry Fitzgerald 24:1

NYG, WR Plaxico Burress 25:1

ARI, WR Anquan Boldin 26:1

NYJ, LB Jonathan Vilma 27:1

MIA, LB Zach Thomas 28:1

MIN, S Darren Sharper 29:1

DEN, CB Champ Bailey 30:1

IND, DE Dwight Freeney 30:1

Field(any other NFL player) 3:1

I'm going with Shaun Alexander, for being the MVP, leading his team to the Super Bowl and being a more recognizable (finally) offensive player.

Interested in other's choices and reasonings.

I found this list from a wagering site when I was looking for the Madden Curse....

Interesting list of potential candidates.

Perhaps a poll is in order.

Madden 2007 Cover Odds

Summary:

IND, QB Peyton Manning 1:2

CIN, QB Carson Palmer 2:1

SEA, RB Shaun Alexander 4:1

SD, RB LaDainian Tomlinson 5:1

IND, RB Edgerrin James 6:1

PIT, QB Ben Roethlisberger 6:1

CAR, WR Steve Smith 7:1

ATL, QB Michael Vick 8:1

CIN, WR Chad Johnson 9:1

OAK, WR Randy Moss 10:1

PHI, WR Terrell Owens 12:1

CHI, LB Brian Urlacher 14:1

DEN, QB Jake Plummer 15:1

NE, QB Tom Brady 16:1

SD, QB Drew Brees 17:1

SEA, QB Matt Hasselbeck 18:1

NYG, RB Tiki Barber 19:1

ATL, RB Warrick Dunn 20:1

CIN, RB Rudi Johnson 21:1

KAN, RB Larry Johnson 22:1

WAS, WR Santana Moss 23:1

ARI, WR Larry Fitzgerald 24:1

NYG, WR Plaxico Burress 25:1

ARI, WR Anquan Boldin 26:1

NYJ, LB Jonathan Vilma 27:1

MIA, LB Zach Thomas 28:1

MIN, S Darren Sharper 29:1

DEN, CB Champ Bailey 30:1

IND, DE Dwight Freeney 30:1

Field(any other NFL player) 3:1

I'm going with Shaun Alexander, for being the MVP, leading his team to the Super Bowl and being a more recognizable (finally) offensive player.

Interested in other's choices and reasonings.
Manning backed a rival game if my memory is correct. I doubt he would be the cover of Madden07 for this reason. No way Carson Palmer is now with his knee injury.I think Alexander makes the most sense for the reasons you mention, maybe Roethlisberger as well?

I think Alexander is as much of a lock as they come. MVP, record setter, possible Super Bowl/Playoff MVP, and if he changes teams he'll get even more press. Manning won't be the guy because of his NFL Fever endorsement and neither will Carson Palmer because of his injury. CJ wasn't dominant enough this year to get it IMO.

I'm going with LT or Steve Smith.
Good fantasy players - actually great - but bad face recognition.Part of the selection criteria, I believe, is popularity and face recognition goes into that.

Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning all have faces that are "out there" and people know them - and the first 2 have had the curse inflicted on them already.

That's one knock on SA, face time, but then again many players have their helmets stuck on 24/7 and no one can recognize them.

Good "faces" in the NFL right now (aside from Peyton) include Tom Brady, CJ and Tiki Barber, but I don't think LT2 or Steve Smith fit that bill. Randy Moss is about the only other one on the list that is recognizable, or TO - but I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

I think Tom Brady is the dark horse, IMO.

Trying to remember, but isn't it usually someone who was in the previous year's Super Bowl and is a top player?I think either Alexander or Roethlisberger are locks for 2007...

Trying to remember, but isn't it usually someone who was in the previous year's Super Bowl and is a top player?

I think either Alexander or Roethlisberger are locks for 2007...
If that were true, Vick would not have been on the cover in the past.

Trying to remember, but isn't it usually someone who was in the previous year's Super Bowl and is a top player?

I think either Alexander or Roethlisberger are locks for 2007...
If that were true, Vick would not have been on the cover in the past.
Same with Culpepper.I am going with CJ this year.

I think Alexander is as much of a lock as they come. MVP, record setter, possible Super Bowl/Playoff MVP, and if he changes teams he'll get even more press. Manning won't be the guy because of his NFL Fever endorsement and neither will Carson Palmer because of his injury. CJ wasn't dominant enough this year to get it IMO.
i can't recall a madden cover with a player who just changed teams.

Current stats as of February 20th.

Peyton Manning [ 2 ] ** [2.82%]

Carson Palmer [ 4 ] ** [5.63%]

Shaun Alexander [ 27 ] ** [38.03%]

LaDainian Tomlinson [ 3 ] ** [4.23%]

Edgerrin James [ 1 ] ** [1.41%]

Ben Roethlisberger [ 13 ] ** [18.31%]

Steve Smith [ 7 ] ** [9.86%]

Michael Vick [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Chad Johnson [ 6 ] ** [8.45%]

Randy Moss [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Terrell Owens [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Brian Urlacher [ 3 ] ** [4.23%]

Jake Plummer [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Tom Brady [ 1 ] ** [1.41%]

OTHER [ 2 ] ** [2.82%]

Total Votes: 69

It will be either a WR or a RB. 2007 is called "the next gen". They focused on the def 2 years ago and then this year was the QB. Only position left to change completely is the RB. Probably will be Shaun....

It will be either a WR or a RB. 2007 is called "the next gen". They focused on the def 2 years ago and then this year was the QB. Only position left to change completely is the RB. Probably will be Shaun....
depends when SA inks his new deal. if he resigns with the seahawks in time he's the choice

Troy Polumalu.
I would have bet on him if he weren't part of the "field" at 3-1. His visage is so distinct, he seems like a natural fit.
Probably the best player in the NFL right now, one of the most recognizeable on the field and at best only matched for character (no risk).He is fresh and highly marketable.

In the last two years, the madden cover was players that represented the innovations of the game. McNabb last year when the passing cone was introduced. Ray Lewis the year before when the innovations were all on the defense. I have read that the innovations of the XBOX 360 game will include using the analog sticks to control the shifts of movement when controlling a player. Hitting it left then right would be a juke, hitting it back would be a stop, and so on.... If the creators follow their history of matching their innovations with a player I would expect a player like LT2, Dante Hall, or Steve Smith. The type of players that make players miss. If Barry Sanders was playing today, he would be the obvious choice.

Urlacher is a stone cold, lead pipe lock.

I bet a nickel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw my local gamestop taking reservations for '07 already and they had a scanned copy of the 2007 cover (not sure if it is correct but it looked like it may be) with three on the cover...Roethlisberger, Palmer...and...Reuben Droughns :confused:

Has me puzzled to say the least

In the last two years, the madden cover was players that represented the innovations of the game. McNabb last year when the passing cone was introduced. Ray Lewis the year before when the innovations were all on the defense. I have read that the innovations of the XBOX 360 game will include using the analog sticks to control the shifts of movement when controlling a player. Hitting it left then right would be a juke, hitting it back would be a stop, and so on.... If the creators follow their history of matching their innovations with a player I would expect a player like LT2, Dante Hall, or Steve Smith. The type of players that make players miss. If Barry Sanders was playing today, he would be the obvious choice.
:hey: Then it must be Quentin Griffin!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw my local gamestop taking reservations for '07 already and they had a scanned copy of the 2007 cover (not sure if it is correct but it looked like it may be) with three on the cover...Roethlisberger, Palmer...and...Reuben Droughns :confused:

Maybe they could put Todd Heap on there so it can represent the entire AFC North.

You live in Western PA. Each of those teams are less than 200 miles from western PA.I'm guessing each store has a mock cover directed at its geographical area to lure customers to pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread