What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Taking suggestions (1 Viewer)

pinequick

Footballguy
In our quest to assemble the greatest announcing team ever. . .

By the slimmest of margins (as of Thursday night), FBGs have opted for a 3-person booth.

Now taking suggestions for the upcoming play-by-play announcer poll. Only restriction--try to be realistic. Someone who is alive, and has actually done this line of work before. (If you suggest someone obscure, give us a little background on who they are, and where they have done play-by-play. . .)

All the 4-star performers AND the lower-rated big names from Dr. Z's article will make the poll by default (feel free to suggest other guys, if you like them):

Ron Pitts

Kenny Albert

Kevin Harlan

Al Michaels

Ian Eagle

**** Stockton

**** Engberg

Joe Buck

Jim Nantz

Mike Patrick

Have at it. After suggestions have been made, a poll will follow and after that election, we'll have our first piece of the all-star team. Then we'll start on a color commentator. . .

Its Al Micheals hands downGreat voiceKnows his stuffIs not immune to bringing up the fact that people actually gamble on this sport.

Assuming we're talking about tv pbp men who currently cover the NFL, I have to choose Kenny Albert. I'm always impressed by his work.

Assuming we're talking about tv pbp men who currently cover the NFL, I have to choose Kenny Albert. I'm always impressed by his work.
Yeah, I was sort of thinking about this in terms of creating our own FBGs network, where we would feature our "NFL Game of the Week" broadcast. So if we started our network today, who would we try to hire for our play by play guy?(So they wouldn't necessarily have to cover the NFL, but some play-by-play experience would probably be a good thing. I like Keith Jackson, for example. . .)

Its Al Micheals hands down

Great voice

Knows his stuff

Is not immune to bringing up the fact that people actually gamble on this sport.
:goodposting: best by far.hands down. no one would have called the miracle on ice like he did..

michaels is versatile..football,nhl,baseball, etc..

i can't imagine tirico doing a boxing match one night, and the the stanley cup finals the next..

enberg is awesome,too...although he uses the 'oh my!' too much..

gotta love keith jackson...he's one of the all time greats..

joe buck is boring and redundant like his old man was..shut up already...

curt gowdy was fantastic..don criquie was good too! and mike patrick on espn is under appreciated, hes as solid as they come..

nantz is good for two things:

ncaa mens final 4/championship...

the Masters

Users who are viewing this thread