What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Those owning the 1.03 pick....Whats it worth? (1 Viewer)

I traded one of my 1.03 for JJ/MBIII which i though was decent, but could backfire.

With Bush all but locked into houston.

There's strong possibilities that:

DeAngelo Williams could land in: SanFran/Arizona/Baltimore/Minnesota

Lendale White could land in: Green Bay/Baltimore/Minnesota/Carolina

Laurence Maroney could land in : INDY (strong possibility) Patriots or to a team at the top of the 2nd round....

I see an Unquestioned starter in Arizona/Baltimore/ and Indy if one of the rooks land there. With baltimore saying they wont franchise Jamal so he's gone...and Chesta may be out of there as well....I think it only adds more value to these 1.02-1.04 rookie picks.

With that being said:

Whats the 1.03 worth?

I'm sitting on 1.3 and 1.4 (although I could win the lottery and have the 1.1), and I'm curious as to what will fall to me if I don't win the lottery...

10 Team Dynasty, None PPR league, standard scoring except QBs get 6pts for TDs.

Team A trade P. Manny

to

Team B for the 1.03 pick

Team A trade P. Manny

to

Team B for the 1.03 pick
I hope to God you are Team B....in a 6 pt TD league? WOW!!! :eek:

trade made on 1/4/06 (about a week before C. Palmer's knee injury)

Carson Palmer + Ashley Lelie + a 2nd rounder in 2007

for

1.03 + Mark Clayton + Rex Grossmann + Kyle Orton

Note: the owner giving up Carson Palmer also had P. Manning.

Team A trade P. Manny

to

Team B for the 1.03 pick
I assume that is P Manning? If so, in a 6 pt/all TD league, the guy giving up Manning is getting screwed royally. That's not to say that the 1.03 won't eventually have great worth - it's the uncertainty factor as well as Manning being so valuable in a 6 ppTD league. That's WAY overpaying for that pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A trade P. Manny

to

Team B for the 1.03 pick
I hope to God you are Team B....in a 6 pt TD league? WOW!!! :eek:
No it wasn't me, I wish but not the case. Every year our league get together during the Super bowl and many trades are done at that time. But when the owner of Manning made this trade everyone and I mean everyone was shocked. This guys usually don't make mistakes like this. But once he got slammed and realized he undervalued Manning (he made the trade offer) he tried to back out. But in our league when two owner shake or agree on a trade it stands.

Team A trade P. Manny

to

Team B for the 1.03 pick
I assume that is P Manning? If so, in a 6 pt/all TD league, the guy giving up Manning is getting screwed royally. That's not to say that the 1.03 won't eventually have great worth - it's the uncertainty factor as well as Manning being so valuable in a 6 ppTD league. That's WAY overpaying for that pick.
I agree 100%

Got Ronnie Brown for the 1.03 straight up two weeks ago in a 14 team Dynasty :thumbup:
So, do we now know the source of the tainted sample that Ricky turned in? Finatic, you spikin' drinks to make your Fantasy Players more valiable? :ph34r:

I had offered the 1.03 rookie pick + Ronnie Brown for Fitz + Portis, and was turned down. Maybe asking a bit much, but hey, nothing wrong with testing the waters...

Only got lukewarm interest in a 1.03 pick I have.

The 1.02 owner wanted to move back a spot, but wanted a middle tier non-RBBC RB along with the 1.03. Obviously turned that down.

Was asked if I'd trade the 1.03 for two top 10 picks (both most likely being 6 through 10.. the other owner would have had to acquire a 2nd 1st rounder). Turned that down as well.

Two more offers I turned down involving the 1.03:

My 1.03, QB Grossman/CHI

for

His 1.09, RB CBrown/TEN, and either WR Brown/PHI or Battle/SF or Lloyd/WAS

Reason I turned it down: I'd rather gamble for greatness (but settle for mediocricy) over a bunch of mediocre players. Also, I have a late 1st round pick where I can take a WR with potential.

the other was harder to turn down:

My 1.03

for

His 2007 1st rounder, WR RWilliams/DET, RB MBarber/DAL

Reason I turned it down: I need a stud RB and to get one in a 14 team dynasty league you need to gut your squad in a trade or to draft one. I'm taking the gamble this year (my first lottery pick ever in the league).

I have been shopping my 1.3 with D. Jackson (or Plaxico in the alternative) in order to get a serviceable RB and so far the best I have been offered is Deuce McAllister and Dom Davis, both of which I turned down.

Traded away my rookie 1.03 pick in a keeper hybrid 16 Team league (auction with IDP).... we use RFA & franchise tags plus rookie contracts

received 1.05, 1.10 and next year 3.xx

I think I made out rather well.... he had plenty of 1st round picks already.... (he had 1.02, 1.05, 1.07, 1.10, 1.11 prior to deal).

He would not budge on the 1.07 as part of the deal.... I tried!

1.3 for TBell and MAnderson

:X

I guessed Anderson would get to Baltimore, but I didn't think Jamal would be back

Two more offers I turned down involving the 1.03:

My 1.03, QB Grossman/CHI

for

His 1.09, RB CBrown/TEN, and either WR Brown/PHI or Battle/SF or Lloyd/WAS

Reason I turned it down: I'd rather gamble for greatness (but settle for mediocricy) over a bunch of mediocre players. Also, I have a late 1st round pick where I can take a WR with potential.

My 1.03

for

Reason I turned it down: I need a stud RB and to get one in a 14 team dynasty league you need to gut your squad in a trade or to draft one. I'm taking the gamble this year (my first lottery pick ever in the league).
I have the 1.03 in one league and I'd love to get an offer like the second one. Even if I did need a rb.

depending on who you are trading with, a 2007 first could be 1.1, 1.14 or somewhere in between... it can make a big difference which...

but some might think roy williams is worth 1.3 straight up...

i acquired the 1.3 & 1.4 recently for tatum bell & chris chambers... hurt to give up chambers, but i like idea of probably getting two of deangelo, white & maroney...

I had the 1.03 and the 1.15 and needed to clear roster space in a sixteen team IDP league. I traded the 1.03, the 1.15 and a scrub taking up space for the 1.05, the 2.05 and that team's #1 and #2 in 2007.

I gave up

M Hasselbeck

J Witten

J Taylor (DL Mia)

for

B Leftwich

Reggie Williams

This is a 12 team IDP league. My RBs were Dillon, F Talyor and R Borown, so I need youth at RB.

depending on who you are trading with, a 2007 first could be 1.1, 1.14 or somewhere in between... it can make a big difference which...

i acquired the 1.3 & 1.4 recently for tatum bell & chris chambers... hurt to give up chambers, but i like idea of probably getting two of deangelo, white & maroney...
:eek: Did you ply him/her with booze to get this deal?

My 1.03

for

I doubt I would have rejected that offer!! Some rumors are that MBIII will compete for the RB#1 role due to Parcel's concern with JJ's injury history.

Hey while we're throwing values around, check out this offer I got for 1.01 in a dynasty league....

For 1.01 I would receive:

Brian Westbrook,

My choice of Jake Plummer or Aaron Brooks

and TE Chris Cooley

I am not accepting it. Wondered what kind of power this pick has.

My 1.03

for

I doubt I would have rejected that offer!! Some rumors are that MBIII will compete for the RB#1 role due to Parcel's concern with JJ's injury history.
I probably would have accepted this offer as well. Roy Williams is a stud in the making, and I really like Barber's future prospects...I tried to get 1.03 in my league by offering Julius Jones, but was turned down - although our rookie draft is held before the NFL Draft, so that you don't know where the players will end up... :eek:

I then packaged Jones, Brees and a mid-round pick for 1.01 :excited:

Hey while we're throwing values around, check out this offer I got for 1.01 in a dynasty league....

For 1.01 I would receive:

Brian Westbrook,

My choice of Jake Plummer or Aaron Brooks

and TE Chris Cooley

I am not accepting it. Wondered what kind of power this pick has.
Take a look at this thread... ;)

:eek: Did you ply him/her with booze to get this deal?
that trade might not look so good for him if bell bombs... though i think chambers could be a monster, & RB #3 & RB #4 aren't locks to be superstars just yet... what if deangelo goes to ATL, white goes to MIN & maroney goes to CAR (i'm reminded of pulp fiction scene in which mr wolf chides samuel jackson & john travolta for looking pretty satisfied after a quick but thorough clean up job on the tainted car in the garage :) )...but, yeah..

i didn't have to think about it too long or much...

Not going to turn this into a personal thread. Just for reference, the other owner's draft pick is expected to be 1.07 thru 1.11 since he has a stud RB, decent QB, a few good WRs, and the 1.02 pick. Like Magaw, he'd like his choice from two of DeAngelo, White, and Maroney. 2 or 3 studs on a squad carries a team pretty far in a 14 team league.

As for Roy and my squad, he would have overtaken Stallworth for my 3rd WR spot behind Chambers and Rod Smith. I don't have to start 3 WRs, so WR is not a dire need.

Users who are viewing this thread