What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Draft Guides (1 Viewer)

pretender

Footballguy
I've tried PFW and Ourlads and I think it was Frank Coyle?? Who do you like and look to to give you fairly accurate information - besides your own of course. I searched the forum as I thought there was a thread about this time last year and can't seem to locate it.

pretender, Matt Waldman of Gut Check fame is currently working his tail off doing scouting profiles for I believe over 100 college players entering the NFL. You should check out his work to see if that is something you'd be interested in, particularly because he has 9 players whose profile you can view for free. Here they are:

Scouting Profiles

TE Joe Klopfenstein, Colorado

RB Tyrone Moss, Miami

RB Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

RB DeAngelo Williams, Memphis

RB Kenneth Darby, Alabama

RB Mike Bell, Arizona

RB Brian Calhoun, Wisconsin

RB Michael Bush, Louisville

QB Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green

I'm not sure the status of the other profiles as to when they will be available, but you could contact Matt directly if you wish. He's put a lot of time and effort into standardizing the format for the profiles, so feedback on that would be more than welcome, I'm sure.

I remember the thread you are thinking about from last year. One that came highly recommended was GM Jr., although I didn't buy it myself so can't speak to the quality.

Last year was my first and only year of a draft guide. I got Ourlads and was very happy with it, but I am considering trying Coyle's this year.

I had one last year that I can't recall offhand, think it was a pdf version of Ourlads. Whatever it was (pretty sure it was them) was DAMN good.

I have used PFW's for the last 7 years and was always impressed with Joel Buschbaum's analysis. But now that he's passed on, I don't have any loyalty towards PFW and would like to hear about some alternatives as well.

PFW is great, but I actually preferred Ourlads last year.

Never purchased Frank Coyle before, but Bob Magaw shared his with me and I might like that even more than Ourlads. I'll be getting PFW and Ourlads again this year, and maybe Coyle, with a sprinkle of online TSN stuff too.

For the more casual fan, TSN's mag is excellent and easy to read. It's also a lot cheaper (with much less content).

my favorite four from past few seasons (in order)...

frank coyle (about $50 & up for internet package... draft guide suffices)

kiper (about $20-$25)

pro football weekly (about $15)

sporting news magazine ($8)

i borrowed ourlads from baker & it was very well done... i probably liked it better than all but coyle... forget how much it cost (about $20?)

usa today has a real good draft special but out by their sports weekly division... it is like a $5 paper, but definitely magazine quality...

pro football weekly is advertising that they will have a magazine for the first time that should hit the news stands soon...

i just added espn insider exclusive online content ($40) by scouts inc... it is excellent...

this is probably overkill for many, so you can be selective & try 1-2... for my purposes, at $100 plus, it is a small price to pay for a year round hobby...

if they were all identical, i wouldn't have kept getting them, but i like the diversity of multiple perspectives, & having more information by which to form my own conclusions...

i also like to tape things like senior bowl, draft & some of highlight shows... it is great to augment scouting reports written by others with what film you can see of prospects with your own eyes... it helps to ground the written reports... in this context, i found the yahoo nfl video highlight packages of many of the day one (& some day two) draft picks from last year, sorted by team, EXTREMELY useful & handy (i don't think they are up anymore... couldn't find them when i looked a while back)...

* BTW, the PFW guide (book form) is free with a subscription... i don't know of any deals... it is more than $50, i think...

sporting news is a great weekly, & you can get deals on internet... two years ago it was like $10 through independent company that basically gets them for free to boost subscription numbers so they can charge advertisers more (guess once the content is done, the incremental costs of just printing more mags isn't all that great)... last year, i found ad on internet THROUGH sporting news for $20...

usa today sports weekly will have draft content coming up pretty soon (if not already... i haven't checked recently)... they do positional breakdowns week-by-week, than as we approach draft, they do an overall breakdown... its only $1.50 a week (comes out on wed)...

Last edited by a moderator:
That idiot running ourlads was convicted of selling retired racing dogs to labs. The owners thought he was finding them homes instead of being mutilated in labs. A real scumbag that I definitely wouldn't be supporting.

my favorite four from past few seasons (in order)...

frank coyle (about $50 & up for internet package... draft guide suffices)

kiper (about $20-$25)

pro football weekly (about $15)

sporting news magazine ($8)

i borrowed ourlads from baker & it was very well done... i probably liked it better than all but coyle... forget how much it cost (about $20?)

usa today has a real good draft special but out by their sports weekly division... it is like a $5 paper, but definitely magazine quality...

pro football weekly is advertising that they will have a magazine for the first time that should hit the news stands soon...

i just added espn insider exclusive online content ($40) by scouts inc... it is excellent...

this is probably overkill for many, so you can be selective & try 1-2... for my purposes, at $100 plus, it is a small price to pay for a year round hobby...

if they were all identical, i wouldn't have kept getting them, but i like the diversity of multiple perspectives, & having more information by which to form my own conclusions...

i also like to tape things like senior bowl, draft & some of highlight shows... it is great to augment scouting reports written by others with what film you can see of prospects with your own eyes... it helps to ground the written reports... in this context, i found the yahoo nfl video highlight packages of many of the day one (& some day two) draft picks from last year, sorted by team, EXTREMELY useful & handy (i don't think they are up anymore... couldn't find them when i looked a while back)...

* BTW, the PFW guide (book form) is free with a subscription... i don't know of any deals... it is more than $50, i think...

sporting news is a great weekly, & you can get deals on internet... two years ago it was like $10 through independent company that basically gets them for free to boost subscription numbers so they can charge advertisers more (guess once the content is done, the incremental costs of just printing more mags isn't all that great)... last year, i found ad on internet THROUGH sporting news for $20...

usa today sports weekly will have draft content coming up pretty soon (if not already... i haven't checked recently)... they do positional breakdowns week-by-week, than as we approach draft, they do an overall breakdown... its only $1.50 a week (comes out on wed)...
Is that the ESPN insider that is on the website for 39.95 including magazines?

That idiot running ourlads was convicted of selling retired racing dogs to labs. The owners thought he was finding them homes instead of being mutilated in labs. A real scumbag that I definitely wouldn't be supporting.
Link?

yes pretender... though i did it strictly for the online content... even in season, you only get a few pages of worthwhile info...

* ps - i'd buy caligula's draft guide if it was the real deal...

That idiot running ourlads was convicted of selling retired racing dogs to labs.  The owners thought he was finding them homes instead of being mutilated in labs.  A real scumbag that I definitely wouldn't be supporting.
Link?
thans for the advice. The Ourlads this year Just the guide is 32.00. I thought it was pretty good as well as draftinsiders. I gave the espn a free 30 day trial - we'll see.

below is a link to coyle's site (draft insider's.com), with examples of some scouting profiles dating back to 2001, to get a sense of what his guides offer, & if it is for you or not...

http://www.draftinsiders.com/fc.html#yearbook

his larry fitzgerald profile influenced my thinking & was instrumental in grabbing him in a dynasty league after his less than stellar rookie season, right before his sophomore outburst (coyle called him the best WR prospect since randy moss in the past decade)...

Larry Fitzgerald #1 - 6'3" 225 lbs. - Pittsburgh - Rating 95

Key Factors

Athletic Ability - 9

Speed - 8

Quickness - 9

Hands - 9

Running Ability - 9

Route Running - 9

Line Release - 9

Blocking - 9

Instincts - 9

Intangibles - 9

Hindu Theory

Randy Moss

Gifted third year sophomore finished an excellent career in the Big East, setting a number of NCAA, school and conference receiving records in the process. Larry is a special athlete who was a dominant performer in the Big East over his two seasons as a collegian. He combines great size, quickness, speed and playmaking ability that should allow him to be the next impact receiver to enter the NFL. He won the Biletnikoff Award as college football's top receiver this past season, as well as first team Big East honors. He is a well-built athlete with fine speed and outstanding leaping skills that have allowed him to dominate any cornerback he has faced in college. He combines excellent hands and rare body control with outstanding separation speed and the fine running skills to break any completion. He makes the acrobatic catch look routine and several of his catches in the end zone were as good as any in recent memory. He displays a rare combination of speed, quickness, leaping skills and hands. He has the frame to out muscle any corner and the combination of his initial quickness and good functional strength should allow him to beat the jam consistently. He was not challenged often at the line of scrimmage with the bump-and-run and will have to prove he can escape at the line, but he has the talent to accomplish that. He understands the use of body positioning to shield off defenders when going up for the ball and his ability to hang in the air is “Jordanesque”. He will make the tough catch in a crowd and hold on to the ball despite the big hit. He has outstanding leaping ability and is capable of out jumping any defender. He has top speed with the extra gear to get deep and make the big play without world-class speed numbers. He runs a great slip screen, fade pattern and skinny post that is virtually impossible to defend, sometimes even with double coverage. He ranks with Randy Moss as the premier receivers of the past decade. They combine all the talents to be special as an NFL receiver. He is very similar to Moss in many ways, though he lacks the special speed of the Viking Pro Bowl receiver. He also has elusiveness after the catch with the power and cutting skills to change directions quickly fast and maintain top speed. His big play ability and overall maturity may allow him to provide as much impact as any receiver over the past decade as Moss.

The Numbers: Major impact receiver completed a great short two-year career. During the ‘03 season, he caught 92 passes for 1672 yards with 22 TDs and a fine 18.2-yard average. He set a new NCAA record with a TD reception in 18 straight games, while making at least one TD catch in all 12 regular-season games which ended in his career finale in the Continental Tire Bowl loss to Virginia. As a freshman, he caught 69 passes for 1005 yards and 12 TDs with an average per catch of 14.6 yards. He scored a TD in his final six games that season and 8 of his last 9 contests.

The Skinny: Premier blue chip prospect with the talent to be a major impact performer early in his career. He may be the rookie with the ability to make the fastest contribution next season. His well-developed tremendous receiving skills, including excellent body control, leaping ability and terrific hands will merit him an early NFL starting job. At the combine, he did not workout. His outstanding talent will fit into any type of offense, especially the vertical game where his ability to separate deep and outmuscle defenders give him a chance to become a top-flight performer almost immediately. He wants the ball in big situations and defies double coverage to consistently deliver in those situations. He will not get out of the top two to four picks regardless of any trades. Special talent with the rare level of development to be an early Pro-Bowler performer despite only two seasons at Pittsburgh. He should be among the NFL's premier receivers within a short period. Best talent in this class with Raiders and Cards likely club.

Draft Projection: 1st Round -Top Two Pick

some testimonials...

Gil Brandt - NFL.com Analyst and legendary V.P. and Director of Player Personnel for the Dallas Cowboys for 30 years.

"I've been involved with the NFL for decades. In that time, I have known few people who can match Frank Coyle's ability to judge football talent. I value his opinions very much. And any fan who wants an accurate and in-depth analysis of college players headed to the NFL should read Frank Coyle's Draft Insiders’ Digest. Frank offers great insights you won't find in any other NFL Draft publication."

Phil Savage - General Manager of the Cleveland Browns

“ I have found Frank Coyle’s information to be very thorough and insightful. In my opinion, any NFL fan who is interested in the NFL Draft would enjoy Draft Insiders’ Digest very much. I know how many hours and months the Ravens and Browns put in preparing for the NFL Draft and I think Frank Coyle and his staff do the same thing. It’s obvious by their volume of quality information on the college prospects in Draft Insiders’ Digest.”

Charley Armey - General Manager of the St. Louis Rams

"Free Agency, NFL Draft, Player Development - these are the heart of developing a winning tradition. Draft Insiders' Digest gives us a unique, and accurate evaluation to cross reference. It's great that Draft Insiders' Digest does the scouting work needed to give us a first class publication"!

Charley Casserly - General Manager of the Houston Texans

" Draft Insiders' Digest is a first class publication that I can't wait to read and always find insightful information in."

below is a link to coyle's site (draft insider's.com), with examples of some scouting profiles dating back to 2001, to get a sense of what his guides offer, & if it is for you or not...

http://www.draftinsiders.com/fc.html#yearbook

some testimonials...

Gil Brandt  - NFL.com Analyst and legendary V.P. and Director of Player Personnel for the Dallas Cowboys for 30 years.

"I've been involved with the NFL for decades. In that time, I have known few people who can match Frank Coyle's ability to judge football talent. I value his opinions very much. And any fan who wants an accurate and in-depth analysis of college players headed to the NFL should read Frank Coyle's  Draft Insiders’ Digest. Frank offers great insights you won't find in any other NFL Draft publication."

Phil Savage - General Manager of the Cleveland Browns

“ I have found Frank Coyle’s information to be very thorough and insightful. In my opinion, any NFL fan who is interested in the NFL Draft would enjoy Draft Insiders’ Digest very much. I know how many hours and months the Ravens and Browns put in preparing for the NFL Draft and I think Frank Coyle and his staff do the same thing. It’s obvious by their volume of quality information on the college prospects in Draft Insiders’ Digest.”

Charley Armey - General Manager of the St. Louis Rams 

"Free Agency, NFL Draft, Player Development - these are the heart  of developing a winning tradition. Draft Insiders' Digest gives us a unique, and accurate evaluation to cross reference.  It's great that Draft Insiders'  Digest does the scouting work needed to give us a first class publication"!

Charley Casserly - General Manager of the Houston Texans

" Draft Insiders' Digest is a first class publication that I can't wait to read and always find insightful information in."
Looking at his website I now remember it was the third draftguide I got last year and I was impressed with it. I ordered it again this year along with ESPN. Not sure about Ourlads or PFW. Thanks for the great advice! This season I will make sure I store the guides away where I can compare next year. I misplaced them and I think they got thrown out. :wall: Wanted to compare analyise of all guides a year later.

I've been getting Coyle, Kiper, PFW and TSN the last couple of years. I also got the USA Today weekly and agree with Bob that it was very well done. Street & Smith had one last year as well, but I didn't like it as much. May look into Ourlads as well, although I don't like what Funk said as a puppy owner. I'll have to look into that first.

May look into Ourlads as well, although I don't like what Funk said as a puppy owner. I'll have to look into that first.
Well, until I see some evidence of this, I took it with a grain of salt. You simply shouldn't post something along those lines without some, even a little, evidence of it's truthfulness. And this is not the place for making serious allegations without backing them up.Again, it could be true and I have no reason to doubt Renegade, but without something to support it, I am contemplating deleting his post.

That idiot running ourlads was convicted of selling retired racing dogs to labs.  The owners thought he was finding them homes instead of being mutilated in labs.  A real scumbag that I definitely wouldn't be supporting.
Link?
someone(I think it was the owner) from ourlads passed away not that long ago and many people came out and said what a good guy he was. So like Dave said, please provide a link to your claim

Interesting. Here's something I found. Parts of it...

February 7, 2003

Madison - Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager announced Daniel P. Shonka of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and his corporation, Shodan Enterprises, Inc., have entered pleas to criminal charges and were sentenced by the Honorable Scott. R. Needham, in St. Croix County, in a case involving over one thousand stolen racing dogs sold for medical research.

Shonka was convicted of taking dogs without the consent of the dogs’ owners and selling the dogs for profit to a Minnesota medical research facility.

Dan Shonka pleaded no contest to Felony Theft and was sentenced to two years in prison, the maximum sentence, imposed and stayed. He was placed on probation for four years and fined the maximum amount of $10,000 plus costs.

In addition, Shonka has numerous conditions of his probation, including 200 hours community service, no involvement with dog racing, buying or selling of dogs, and restitution of $5,949.20. Shonka was also convicted of Misdemeanor Theft, and was sentenced to nine months jail and a $10,000 fine; both are the maximums for that offense.
Then I found more evidence that this is, actually, the same Dan Shonka
Shonka, a long-time scout for the National Football League’s Philadelphia Eagles, runs a kennel for racing dogs at St. Croix Meadows Greyhound Racing Track in Hudson, Wisconsin and operates his so-called adoption program from his home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Since 1996 he has held a USDA license for his Cedar Rapids location to sell animals to laboratories, but the license does not entitle him to acquire animals by deceit. When the allegations against Shonka surfaced in April, he disconnected his home and business telephone.
And the guy who runs Ourlads was quoted as saying:
My name is Dan Shonka. I am a sixteen-year NFL scouting veteran with the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Kansas City Chiefs, and National Football Scouting.
I think Renegade might be on to something here.

He is. Check out the official address for Ourlads (somewhere in Iowa) and then Google where this happened (somewhere in Iowa).

Makes me pass. Hopefully they'll get someone else in there.

As much as I liked Ourlads - I can't in good conscience (if this is all true - which it appears to be) subscribe to their product. There are other good sources out there like Frank Coyles - Draftinsiders or PFW or whatever. Maybe they'll get someone else to run the joint.

He is. Check out the official address for Ourlads (somewhere in Iowa) and then Google where this happened (somewhere in Iowa).

Makes me pass. Hopefully they'll get someone else in there.
I thought Ourlads were a Jersey outfit?nevermind I see that they changed owners & are based in IA

here is a post from their MB

I miss the 'Old' Ourlads.

BigMoney

post Today, 09:42 AM

Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 69

There has been nothing, blogs or columns, about what happened at the combine.

What happened to this once great publication?

Those guys were the best.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging on the links. I've been busy with work and didn't get a chance to come back to this post. Thanks for adding the links Dave, at the time I didn't have time and planned to come back and add them later.

I'm a dog lover and couldn't imagine giving this guy my money. Just the thought of these dogs busting their tails racing and then when they get a chance to have a normal pet life they get sold to labs where they are mutilated. A real shame and the slap on the wrist he got doesn't come close to fair punishment.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging on the links. I've been busy with work and didn't get a chance to come back to this post. Thanks for adding the links Dave, at the time I didn't have time and planned to come back and add them later.

I'm a dog lover and couldn't imagine giving this guy my money. Just the thought of these dogs busting their tails racing and then when they get a chance to have a normal pet life they get sold to labs where they are mutilated. A real shame and the slap on the wrist he got doesn't come close to fair punishment.
Thanks for the heads up Funk. Saved me $32.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging on the links.  I've been busy with work and didn't get a chance to come back to this post.  Thanks for adding the links Dave, at the time I didn't have time and planned to come back and add them later.

I'm a dog lover and couldn't imagine giving this guy my money.  Just the thought of these dogs busting their tails racing and then when they get a chance to have a normal pet life they get sold to labs where they are mutilated.  A real shame and the slap on the wrist he got doesn't come close to fair punishment.
Thanks for the heads up Funk. Saved me $32.
:thumbup:

I've been getting Coyle, Kiper, PFW and TSN the last couple of years. I also got the USA Today weekly and agree with Bob that it was very well done. Street & Smith had one last year as well, but I didn't like it as much. May look into Ourlads as well, although I don't like what Funk said as a puppy owner. I'll have to look into that first.
So which do you like best between Coyle, PFW, Kiper, and TSN?

I have never subscribed to an NFL Draft guide because I figured you could read it all online after the fact. But this year I am involved in three or four leagues that will have rookie drafts so I want even more info. I am going to purchase The Drugstore List.

Testimonials

"I've always looked forward to receiving those little gold books from Jerry- it's the best prospect list put out by someone who's not working for an NFL team."

- GIL BRANDT, Dallas Cowboy VP & Personnel Director, 1960-1989 (During those years, the Cowboys were in Super Bowls V, VI, X, XII, XIII)

+++

"Jerry, for many years, has been considered an outstanding judge of football talent. His Drugstore List is as accurate a projection as is produced."

- BILL WALSH, Special Consultant, San Francisco 49ers (Head Coach, San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII)

+++

"Jerry is the only outside draft rater ever invited into an NFL war room by the legendary Paul Brown- that's pretty good proof of the quality."

- SAM WYCHE, Quarterback Coach, Buffalo Bills, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet (Head Coach, Cincinnati Bengals, Super Bowl XXIII)

+++

"For years, The Drugstore List has been the most factual and reliable of all draft publications."

- F.J. "BUCKO" KILROY, Draft Consultant, New England Patriots, with Patriots since 1971 as Personnel Director, GM and VP, NFL vet. (The Patriots have been in Super Bowls XX, XXXI, XXXVI and XXXVIII)

+++

"The Drugstore List has, for years, been the only draft publication I use. It continues to be the most accurate source of information concerning the NFL draft."

- BOB TRUMPY, NFL Analyst, CBS Radio, NFL vet

+++

"We used Jerry Jones' Drugstore List for many years. It was a great source of information as we prepared for the draft each year."

- BRUCE COSLET. Personnel consultant, Cincinnati Bengals, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet

+++

"My draft bible. The updated editions during the year keep me well informed. It is simple to use, accurate and complete."

- DAVE LAPHAM, Analyst, Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network, Fox Sports, NFL vet

+++

"A very accurate and complete projection that I use each year. It is very helpful in preparation for the draft."

- RICHARD WILLIAMSON, Receivers Coach. Carolina Panthers

+++

"Jerry Jones was "into" the NFL draft before it was "cool" to be into it. I would estimate that he has more years of preparation on the draft process than anyone around. If you're looking for experienced prognostication, The Drugstore List is the place you'll find it."

- **** LE BEAU, Defensive Coordinator, Pittsburgh Steelers, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet

+++

"Concise, informative, to the point, a powerful source of information."

- BOB KARMELOWICZ, Defensive Line Coach, Kansas City Chiefs

+++

"For not being involved on a daily basis in the NFL process, Jerry is a very savvy guy. He does his homework and keeps up to date with changes right up to the draft. The Drugstore List is legit."

- MIKE STOCK, Special Teams Coach, St. Louis Rams

+++

"The Drugstore List has been a valuable tool for me in preparing for the NFL draft. The accuracy and concise information give me an opportunity to be very comprehensive in studying the young men we evaluate."

- RON LYNN, 25+ years of NFL coaching experience

+++

"Jerry is one of the finest scouts in the country. His Drugstore List is used by many NFL teams and you often hear "what does The Drugstore List say" during the mock drafts.

- JIM McNALLY, Offensive Line Coach, Buffalo Bills

Just my 2 cents last year between PFW and Coyle - I preferred Coyle and have already ordered it.

I've found them like this:Coyle

PFW

Kiper

TSN

I almost didn't order Kiper this year, but decided to try another year. It's not that the guide isn't good. It's just that I've grown to trust Coyle and PFW more and Kiper doesn't really offer any major upgrades over them.

Thanks for the answers - I used PFW last year and will either use them or Coyle this year.

Just ordered Coyle - I tried PFW and was happy with it, I'll try Coyle this year and figure out which I like more for the future.

No problem. As has been said in other threads, I think Kiper is better at predicting where players will go in the draft than evaluating them as future NFL prospects. It seems that his info is more tailored to the player's draftability than his NFL ability. However, if you use draft guides more to try to predict the draft, his guide is good.

Thanks for the answers - I used PFW last year and will either use them or Coyle this year.
I actually ordered PFW again - so now I have both to get 2 viewpoints. So now I have Coyle and PFW - I believe I'm set.PFW has a special with a combo deal of draft guide and the predraft ranking (what I call guide) you get their online inner circle for free thru the predraft time. I had payed to do it last year and it wasn't great but found a lot of useful information. FYI

To help those of us who might like to order one (or more) of these guides, would people mind putting in links to the sites from which you can order them?

Looks like the general consensus is Coyle's with PFW as the strong second, but this coming year will be PFW's with little to no input from Joel Buschbaum's notes. I will splurge and try both PFW and Coyle this year and make next year's decision based on it.

Thanks Renegades of Funk and Dave Baker for your information on Ourlads. I'm not an animal rights activist, but what Dan Shonka did was just plain wrong :thumbdown: and his group will not get a dime from me.

coyle is my strong #1 & PFW strong #2... i might dispense with kiper this year...

PFW mag (new) & SN mag only about $8, & usa today sports weekly draft special only about $5... so you can augment above two with some pretty good info fairly cheaply...

I have never subscribed to an NFL Draft guide because I figured you could read it all online after the fact. But this year I am involved in three or four leagues that will have rookie drafts so I want even more info. I am going to purchase The Drugstore List.

Testimonials

"I've always looked forward to receiving those little gold books from Jerry- it's the best prospect list put out by someone who's not working for an NFL team."

- GIL BRANDT, Dallas Cowboy VP & Personnel Director, 1960-1989 (During those years, the Cowboys were in Super Bowls V, VI, X, XII, XIII)

+++

"Jerry, for many years, has been considered an outstanding judge of football talent. His Drugstore List is as accurate a projection as is produced."

- BILL WALSH, Special Consultant, San Francisco 49ers (Head Coach, San Francisco 49ers, Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII)

+++

"Jerry is the only outside draft rater ever invited into an NFL war room by the legendary Paul Brown- that's pretty good proof of the quality."

- SAM WYCHE, Quarterback Coach, Buffalo Bills, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet (Head Coach, Cincinnati Bengals, Super Bowl XXIII)

+++

"For years, The Drugstore List has been the most factual and reliable of all draft publications."

- F.J. "BUCKO" KILROY, Draft Consultant, New England Patriots, with Patriots since 1971 as Personnel Director, GM and VP, NFL vet. (The Patriots have been in Super Bowls XX, XXXI, XXXVI and XXXVIII)

+++

"The Drugstore List has, for years, been the only draft publication I use. It continues to be the most accurate source of information concerning the NFL draft."

- BOB TRUMPY, NFL Analyst, CBS Radio, NFL vet

+++

"We used Jerry Jones' Drugstore List for many years. It was a great source of information as we prepared for the draft each year."

- BRUCE COSLET. Personnel consultant, Cincinnati Bengals, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet

+++

"My draft bible. The updated editions during the year keep me well informed. It is simple to use, accurate and complete."

- DAVE LAPHAM, Analyst, Cincinnati Bengals Radio Network, Fox Sports, NFL vet

+++

"A very accurate and complete projection that I use each year. It is very helpful in preparation for the draft."

- RICHARD WILLIAMSON, Receivers Coach. Carolina Panthers

+++

"Jerry Jones was "into" the NFL draft before it was "cool" to be into it. I would estimate that he has more years of preparation on the draft process than anyone around. If you're looking for experienced prognostication, The Drugstore List is the place you'll find it."

- **** LE BEAU, Defensive Coordinator, Pittsburgh Steelers, former NFL Head Coach, NFL vet

+++

"Concise, informative, to the point, a powerful source of information."

- BOB KARMELOWICZ, Defensive Line Coach, Kansas City Chiefs

+++

"For not being involved on a daily basis in the NFL process, Jerry is a very savvy guy. He does his homework and keeps up to date with changes right up to the draft. The Drugstore List is legit."

- MIKE STOCK, Special Teams Coach, St. Louis Rams

+++

"The Drugstore List has been a valuable tool for me in preparing for the NFL draft. The accuracy and concise information give me an opportunity to be very comprehensive in studying the young men we evaluate."

- RON LYNN, 25+ years of NFL coaching experience

+++

"Jerry is one of the finest scouts in the country. His Drugstore List is used by many NFL teams and you often hear "what does The Drugstore List say" during the mock drafts.

- JIM McNALLY, Offensive Line Coach, Buffalo Bills
I am also not one to spend a lot of money on NFL draft analysis for the reasons that were cited by Mr. Kellogg above. However...The Drugstore List is a great resource. I have regularly checked his free news and samples for years (he posts snippets of analysis and a top 250 prospects on the website for no charge). It's not the slickest website out there, and you have to print out an order form and mail in your payment, but I think that content-wise it is the best NFL draft resource available online. This year I am actually blasting the lock off my wallet and ordering his March Final edition, even though I am very selective about paying for other people's draft opinions. His free analysis/lists posted on the website have been so good for several years that I want to read his full opinions/profiles.

I am in a 12-team IDP dynasty league run by Tom Nadratowski (a former FBG) and I find Jone's advice to be very useful year in and year out for planning my rookie draft strategy.

My .02.

Users who are viewing this thread