What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Bradley (1 Viewer)

Captain Spaulding

Footballguy
What injury did Bradley have that sent him to IR last year?

Is he still the future #2 WR of the Bears like they drafted him for last year or is the injury looking career altering? Just wondering. I need to make dynasty league cuts soon and he was on my "bubble" list but if his outlook is postive I'll probably keep him and cut one of my "average" more veteran WR's that are deep on my roster instead.

If you're to believe reports that the Bears are targeting Antwaan Randle El, it's entirely possible they are resigned to upgrading the WR position opposite Muhsin. It's far too early to disregard Bradley entirely, he had worked his way into the WR2 spot over Gage before tearing his ACL. But, it would be a minor surprise if the Bears didn't bolster the WR corps via free agency and the draft; which puts Bradley squarely in the "must prove himself" category.

Torn ACL. Too early to tell what his future holds. Speed and acceleration were a huge part of his game.
He had already torn the ACL in his other knee and came all the way back from it, I wouldn't worry too much about it long term. Im still very high on him, he was supposed to be a project at WR, and ended up starting mid-season. I know that I've been citing this a lot, but I really believe Bradley was having his breakout game in Detroit when he tore his ACL. I do wonder if he'll do as well with Grossman at QB if thats how it shakes out - he and Orton were really on the sme page, hooking up at will in the preseason - Bradley had the most yardage of any WR in the preseason with Orton at the helm.

The dude's a project.

Bernard Berrian put up better numbers in less time.

Moose

Berrian

Gage

Bradley (behind Gage due to injury)

That's how I'd rank these cats. And when they sign a veteran WR, Bradley slides down another notch. They also have another burner Airese Currie from Clemson (5th rounder last year) that never took a snap last year because he was recovering from a foot injury.

If you're in a dynasty league and wondering what to do... I wouldn't take the chance on Bradley, especially since the Bears are a 'run first' team, and I'm sure they'll pound the ball even more with Ced-Benson with a year under his belt.

Torn ACL. Too early to tell what his future holds. Speed and acceleration were a huge part of his game.
He had already torn the ACL in his other knee and came all the way back from it, I wouldn't worry too much about it long term.
Interesting he tore the other, why no worries?

He had already torn the ACL in his other knee and came all the way back from it, I wouldn't worry too much about it long term.
Just that he's been through rehab so im not worried that he won't be able to handle it, and his body has shown the ability to gain top end speed completely back in the other leg - it has shown good healing properties.

Just that he's been through rehab so im not worried that he won't be able to handle it, and his body has shown the ability to gain top end speed completely back in the other leg - it has shown good healing properties.
not nipticking serious Qrehab isn't about speed as much as flexibility. Was he less fluid or did he have less moves or anything along those lines after his 1st knee surgery? Notice any difference?

not nipticking serious Qrehab isn't about speed as much as flexibility. Was he less fluid or did he have less moves or anything along those lines after his 1st knee surgery? Notice any difference?
I never saw him play at Arkansas-Pine bluff so I cant answer. I can say that the Bradley at Oklahoma and Chicago last year was very fluid and explosive.

I think the kid has the abiity to be a difference maker down the road in actual NFL games, but in fantasy, you need to move on. Hes coming off a 2nd ACL tear, he'll spend all year basically recovering and buried on the depth chart. The 2 QBs the Bears have are, by NFL standards, unquestionably 2 of the worst in the league. Chicago is the windiest city in the NFL to play in, making it a nightmare to throw the ball, and as a result the Bears have no significant history of good fantasy QBs or WRs. A decent guy here and there, but overall as bad as it gets. He'll probably not even show up on most magazine rankings next year, so its not like he'll be a hot commodity. Go ahead and cut him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked good before the injury. Has tools that you can't teach.
i agree here ... i thought he looked great before the injury - i was just getting excited about him. i hope da bears give him a chance ...

Maybe I'm blind...

He was a Hall of Fame Preseason player, but WHAT exactly did you people see DURING the season that makes him so 'great'?

Game Log

He had one marginally good game against Detroit. A game in which their secondary was depleted. Their starting CBs were the forgettable: Andre Goodman and RW McQuarters - as Dre Bly was out.

The guy couldn't even last half the season!

Something to remember about Bradley is that while he looked really good at OU, he was their third-best receiver in his last season there. He's never really produced anywhere before. He looks great, and there's potential there, but at some point you have to look at his entire college career plus his rookie season and wonder what's wrong there.

Something to remember about Bradley is that while he looked really good at OU, he was their third-best receiver in his last season there.  He's never really produced anywhere before.  He looks great, and there's potential there, but at some point you have to look at his entire college career plus his rookie season and wonder what's wrong there.
Jason White and his ducks? Kyle Orton? Bradley needs a QB that can throw the ball with accuracy ten yards down the field. These guys could not.

I'll probably just cut him based on the input. I still probably would have opportunity to pick him up on free agent wire. My young WR rookie draft picks haven't been too stellar the last few years. Rashawn Woods at 1.09 killed my first roung pick 2ears ago (12 team dynasty). I think I got Bradley in 2nd or 3rd round last year ..can't recall...so its not too much of a loss.

He was a Hall of Fame Preseason player, but WHAT exactly did you people see DURING the season that makes him so 'great'?
Remember which offense he was playing for 50 yards recieving from Kyle Orton is equivalent to 130 yards on a real NFL offense.

I would NOT cut Bradley in a dynasty league unless you are really hurting for roster spots.

Here's the bottom line about Bradley - Yes, he was behind Mark Clayton, Brandon Jones, and Travis Wilson at Oklahoma - but you have to remember that he was a small school transfer and those are all talented WRs.

His athletic ability and upside was good enough for Chicago to take him in the early second despite his being a project. In minicamps, Bradley left many scratching their heads as to why he was such a high pick, his rawness really showed. By the second week of training camp, he had come a long way, and that development only continued as he passed Berrian and Gage on the depth chart during the season. Clearly, he was way ahead of schedule and on his way to fulfilling his best case scenario.

Then, the ACL tear happened.

I see no reason to think that Bradley won't pick up right where he left off in 2005 once he's back to full speed in 07, and work as hard as he can to get there.

I would *LOVE* to see Bradley dropped in my dynasty leagues.

I would NOT cut Bradley in a dynasty league unless you are really hurting for roster spots.

Here's the bottom line about Bradley - Yes, he was behind Mark Clayton, Brandon Jones, and Travis Wilson at Oklahoma - but you have to remember that he was a small school transfer and those are all talented WRs.

His athletic ability and upside was good enough for Chicago to take him in the early second despite his being a project. In minicamps, Bradley left many scratching their heads as to why he was such a high pick, his rawness really showed. By the second week of training camp, he had come a long way, and that development only continued as he passed Berrian and Gage on the depth chart during the season. Clearly, he was way ahead of schedule and on his way to fulfilling his best case scenario.

I see no reason to think that Bradley won't pick up right where he left off in 2005 once he's back to full speed in 07, and work as hard as he can to get there.

I don't mean for this to turn into an "Assistant Coach" posting but then if I keep Bradley and I have to make 2 more roster cuts, who from this list of potential "bubble" players would you cut:-

Meweldwe Moore (will fall between my 4th-6th deep RB depending on free agent signings and rookie draft picks

- Joe Horn (old & done?)

- L. Coles (Ramsey???)

- Brandon Stokley (2004 was an abberision for slot receiver in fantasy?)

- Joe Jurivicious (he was my leading receiver last year thanks to injuries to Jackson and Engram but is he back to #3 position in Seattle?)

Something to remember about Bradley is that while he looked really good at OU, he was their third-best receiver in his last season there.  He's never really produced anywhere before.  He looks great, and there's potential there, but at some point you have to look at his entire college career plus his rookie season and wonder what's wrong there.
Jason White and his ducks? Kyle Orton? Bradley needs a QB that can throw the ball with accuracy ten yards down the field. These guys could not.
The same Jason White that Mark Clayton and Travis Wilson were catching a lot of balls from.

I don't mean for this to turn into an "Assistant Coach" posting but then if I keep Bradley and I have to make 2 more roster cuts, who from this list of potential "bubble" players would you cut:-

Meweldwe Moore (will fall between my 4th-6th deep RB depending on free agent signings and rookie draft picks

- Joe Horn (old & done?)

- L. Coles (Ramsey???)

- Joe Jurivicious (he was my leading receiver last year thanks to injuries to Jackson and Engram but is he back to #3 position in Seattle?)
sounds like your roster size is not that deep. i would cut stokley for sure, but JJ could end up in a nice sitch in FA - how long do you have to make cuts?

- Joe Horn (old & done?)

- L. Coles (Ramsey???)

sounds like your roster size is not that deep. i would cut stokley for sure, but JJ could end up in a nice sitch in FA - how long do you have to make cuts?
Prior to the rookie draft (we hold it a few weeks after NFL drafts) we need to trim our roster down to 15 offensive players to make room. After a 4 round rookie draft, we then hold a free agency pickup draft (get left overs..either rookies or NFL vets) of which we can replensh up to 25 offensive players. Then I think we have to trim down to a final 20 offensive players before the start of the NFL season. I don't have the rules in front of me but its something along those lines.Most guys don't like trading "depth" players this time of year because they might be able to get comparable value without giving up anything during the free agency draft. Alot of guys try to "sucker" trade this time of year the guys they plan to cut as well (try to deal multiple depth players that they would cut, make an upgrade and save roster spots) . Usually I'm able to get back 1-2 of the guys via free agency draft that I had to cut a few weeks earlier.

this was on draftsharks last week re Mark Bradley and his knee.

Bears WR Muhsin Muhammad suffered a hairline fracture of his right hand in the playoff loss to Carolina; and recently revealed he had previously broken it during the week 3 loss to Cincinnati. He's expected to be 100% by the mini-camps and could be lining up across from free-agent WR Antwaan Randle-El, who's expected to be signed when the market opens. The Bears hoped Mark Bradley would be their speed guy/flanker when they drafted him in the 2nd round last year, but he tore his right ACL in October. It was the second time in 3 years Bradley has torn that right ACL -- he did it at Oklahoma too.

this was on draftsharks last week re Mark Bradley and his knee.

Bears WR Muhsin Muhammad suffered a hairline fracture of his right hand in the playoff loss to Carolina; and recently revealed he had previously broken it during the week 3 loss to Cincinnati. He's expected to be 100% by the mini-camps and could be lining up across from free-agent WR Antwaan Randle-El, who's expected to be signed when the market opens. The Bears hoped Mark Bradley would be their speed guy/flanker when they drafted him in the 2nd round last year, but he tore his right ACL in October. It was the second time in 3 years Bradley has torn that right ACL -- he did it at Oklahoma too.
this is the latest i read:link

Bradley tore his left ACL as a sophomore at Arkansas-Pine Bluff before developing into an explosive playmaker as a junior and senior after transferring to Oklahoma.

Remember which offense he was playing for 50 yards recieving from Kyle Orton is equivalent to 130 yards on a real NFL offense.
Do you mean the same Kyle Orton who looked like Johnny U. finding Mark Bradley in the preseason.I'm as big a Bears fan as there is. This young cat is WAY overhyped.

Latest updates: (Rotoworld.com) **Note: I don't believe Gage is a candidate to start whatsoever. I think Berrian's easily got Gage beaten. **

Mar. 30, 2006 - 9:21 am et

Coach Lovie Smith said he isn't concerned about his No. 2 wideout spot because WR Mark Bradley is "a star in waiting."

Bradley had 18 catches in seven games as a rookie before tearing his ACL. If he's right, it sounds like Bradley is a favorite to start over Justin Gage in 2006.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Mar. 5, 2006 - 9:53 am et

Bears WR Mark Bradley is expected to be back on the field in time for offseason workouts in June.

The second-round pick tore his ACL in week eight last year and won't be ready for April workouts. The Bears probably aren't counting on Bradley to start in 2006.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Bradley underwent surgery in mid-November. I think we're looking at 2007 for him to produce much of anything.

So what you're saying is that you've never watched White throw, or at least didn't pay any attention when he did. White had a very accurate deep ball.

Bears | Bradley expected to work as No. 3 WR

Published Wed Sep 6 7:14:00 p.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) Chicago Bears WR Mark Bradley (hip) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 6, and is expected to serve as the team's No. 3 receiver during Week 1.

Bears | Bradley expected to work as No. 3 WRPublished Wed Sep 6 7:14:00 p.m. ET 2006 (KFFL) Chicago Bears WR Mark Bradley (hip) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 6, and is expected to serve as the team's No. 3 receiver during Week 1.
thanks wannabee ... how do you feel about him in a dynasty league? I'm hoping by next year, he'll have the #2 spot locked up, and put the ACL injury behind him. He has legit skills, hopefully he could put it all together...

Bears | Bradley expected to work as No. 3 WRPublished Wed Sep 6 7:14:00 p.m. ET 2006 (KFFL) Chicago Bears WR Mark Bradley (hip) practiced Wednesday, Sept. 6, and is expected to serve as the team's No. 3 receiver during Week 1.
Is that behind Muhammed & Berrian?

thanks wannabee ... how do you feel about him in a dynasty league? I'm hoping by next year, he'll have the #2 spot locked up, and put the ACL injury behind him. He has legit skills, hopefully he could put it all together...
I liked his speed and quickness pre-injury. I am still reserving judgement until I see him running and cutting. This hip injury cannot help much

Is that behind Muhammed & Berrian?
Yes, he's behind Mushin and Berrian. He's actually more like a "2B" with berrian as the "2A" from all of the reports I've read. The Bears tried to trade for numerous WRs this off-season, something that speaks volumes about their faith in Berrian and Bradley.That said, I drafted Bradly for $5 last year and am "redshirting" him this season. I'll have him at $5 (out of a $500 salary cap) for the 2007 and 2008 seasons. I'm hoping that he heals up this year, scores about 4-6 TDs, and blows up next season... or if/when Mushin retires.I actually think the Bears are going to do well offensively. Yes, I'm a Grossman owner too.I also have Orton, but that's only because I think he parties hella hard.

(KFFL) Chicago Bears WR Mark Bradley (ankle) missed practice Friday, Sept. 29 and will not likely be active for the Week 4 game. WR Justin Gage will likely be the team's No. 3 wide receiver.
This guy just can't get healthy...Has anyone given up on him in a dynasty? I'm thinking of dropping him, and pick up some flavour of the month (D.Walker, K.Washington, etc) . I have a feeling he'll still be available on the WW a month from now, and if he shows that he can stay healthy i could possibly pick him back up. Am i being impatient? I knew full well i would be drafting this guy for an impact in 2007, not 2006, but his injuries are making me go :loco: (i don't intend this to be a AC post, just want to see if anyone still is buzzing about this guy)

Anybody rostering Bradley is wasting a roster space.

Moose, Berrian and Rashied Davis are the three top Bears WRs this year. Book it!

And I'm sure Justin Gage will also put up better numbers.

So far this season, Mark Bradley is the ONLY Bear that has been DOWNGRADED on the injury report.

Move on....

I figured I give this thread a bump

Now, it's 2007

what are your thoughts on Mark Bradley this year and beyond (2008,2009)?

"Bears coach Lovie Smith says Mark Bradley took a "step up" this offseason.

Devin Hester's conversion to offense doesn't help Bradley's chances of seeing the field, but he'll be starting if either Muhsin Muhammad or Bernard Berrian goes down at any point."

Anybody rostering Bradley is wasting a roster space.Moose, Berrian and Rashied Davis are the three top Bears WRs this year. Book it!And I'm sure Justin Gage will also put up better numbers.So far this season, Mark Bradley is the ONLY Bear that has been DOWNGRADED on the injury report.Move on....
Gage is on the Titans.

Anybody rostering Bradley is wasting a roster space.Moose, Berrian and Rashied Davis are the three top Bears WRs this year. Book it!And I'm sure Justin Gage will also put up better numbers.So far this season, Mark Bradley is the ONLY Bear that has been DOWNGRADED on the injury report.Move on....
Gage is on the Titans.
On Sept 2006 when I posted it, Gage was on the Bears. Thanks for the heads up though Nastradamus.

Gage is on the Titans.
On Sept 2006 when I posted it, Gage was on the Bears. Thanks for the heads up though Nastradamus.
this is 2007... why bring this up... if a thread is from last season... I think u can let it die.

Gage is on the Titans.
Thanks for being a smart***. Didn't notice the date.

Gage is on the Titans.
this is 2007... why bring this up... if a thread is from last season... I think u can let it die.
Ask Ed4252 why he bumped it. Perhaps he wanted some Mark Bradley news. Here you go:He's more fragile than Samuel L Jackson's character in Unbreakable. Devin flippin' Hester is pushing him for the #3WR position on the Bears.

Gage is on the Titans.
Ask Ed4252 why he bumped it. Perhaps he wanted some Mark Bradley news. Here you go:He's more fragile than Samuel L Jackson's character in Unbreakable. Devin flippin' Hester is pushing him for the #3WR position on the Bears.
You are certainly corect that Bradley has had a tough time staying on the field. He is a player with great potential and if he shows he can stay healthy through training camp he wil put pressure on all the other receivers to perform. I doubt that Hester is going to pick up the wide receiver position so quickly that he will usurp a healthy Bradley as the #3 on the team. Providing Bradley stays healthy, Hester would actually be a greater threat to Berrian as a receiver used to stretch the field.

Users who are viewing this thread