What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Play Buy Or Sell (1 Viewer)

Couch Potato

Footballguy
Here's how it works. Respond to a statement made in a previous post with 'buy' if you agree or 'sell' if you disagree, give a brief explanation of your reason if you feel like it, then give a one sentence buy or sell statement of your own on an NFL subject for the next poster to respond to (you don't have to believe the statement is true yourself; you're just throwing it out there for an opinion).

I'll start it off.

If Patrick Ramsey goes to the Jets, he will be the starter over Chad Pennington in 2006.

Buy or sell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how it works. Respond to a statement made in a previous post with 'buy' if you agree or 'sell' if you disagree, give a brief explanation of your reason if you feel like it, then give a one sentence buy or sell statement of your own on an NFL subject for the next poster to respond to (you don't have to believe the statement is true yourself; you're just throwing it out there for an opinion).

I'll start it off.

If Patrick Ramsey goes the Jets, he will be the starter over Chad Pennington in 2006.

Buy or sell?
Buy. I think Ramsey has a decent future and the Redskins show their organizational ineptness once again.

I'll start it off.

If Patrick Ramsey goes the Jets, he will be the starter over Chad Pennington in 2006.

Buy or sell?
Sell - hype (fantasy market value) is greater than future outputBrad Johnson (if/when Culpepper is traded)

Buy or sell? If either, how much?

Ramsey will start for the Jets. Neither will be the answer and they will draft Brady Quinn in 2007.

Vikings and Brad Johnson: sell I think they'll be looking for a new QB as well in 2007.

Cedric Benson will lead the Bears in rushing in 2006??

Deal or no deal?

Ramsey will start for the Jets. Neither will be the answer and they will draft Brady Quinn in 2007.

Vikings and Brad Johnson: sell I think they'll be looking for a new QB as well in 2007.

Deal or no deal?
no deal. And, as many will attest, I am one of the ones around here the highest on Benson. I see Bneson strong in 2007.

Deal or no deal?
Benson does lead the team in rushing in 2006.Buy or sell any major draft day trades involving the top five picks...

Deal or no deal?
Sell. I think Jones will once again lead the Bears in carries and stats, but Benson will take over in 2007.Buy or Sell... TO will be a Bronco in 2006.

Buy or sell any major draft day trades involving the top five picks...
Buy! I think Houston deals the #1 pick. Not sure where, but to someone who wants Leinart or Bush enough to leapfrog the Saints.

Buy or Sell... TO will be a Bronco in 2006.
Sell: I think the words of Elway and Terrell Davis hold more weight than they should & he goes to GB or KC.Deal or no deal: Mike Williams will beat Charles Rogers out of the league.

On Patrick Ramsey:

If Pennington's physical skills return, Pennington wins the job, and wins comeback player of the year. If his physical skills do not return, Ramsey will easily beat him out for the starting job, only to be replaced later in the season by a rookie QB taken in the draft.

Buy on Cedric Benson - but not by much. I still see a lot of time-sharing.

Buy on deals in the top-5. Don't konw who or how, but there will be a bit of movement in there.

Buy or sell - somehow, somewhere, Mike Anderson will rush for 1,000 yards this season.

On Patrick Ramsey:

If Pennington's physical skills return, Pennington wins the job, and wins comeback player of the year. If his physical skills do not return, Ramsey will easily beat him out for the starting job, only to be replaced later in the season by a rookie QB taken in the draft.

Buy on deals in the top-5. Don't konw who or how, but there will be a bit of movement in there.

Buy or sell - somehow, somewhere, Mike Anderson will rush for 1,000 yards this season.
I am with you on Mike Anderson

Deal or no deal: Mike Williams will beat Charles Rogers out of the league.
Sell (no deal). Some folks are giving up on Williams way too early. I think Martz will get production out of Williams and he'll be good in the league a long time, but Rogers' combination of two season-ending injuries and off field troubles have him well on the way to a wasted non-career. Buy or sell. Kubiak will revive the Texans and they will win 7+ games in 2006. You buying that?

Sell (no deal). Some folks are giving up on Williams way too early. I think Martz will get production out of Williams and he'll be good in the league a long time, but Rogers' combination of two season-ending injuries and off field troubles have him well on the way to a wasted non-career. Buy or sell. Kubiak will revive the Texans and they will win 7+ games in 2006. You buying that?
No way. Schedule will prevent the 7 wins in 2006. In 2007, maybe.

Sell. I think he finds a complementary role somewhere (Philly? Carolina?) but not a feature role again. He'll be 33 when the season starts.

I'll sell. Even if he gets the opportunity due to injury, I don't think he will.I own him in my dynasty league & was irked when he got released. Was hoping for one more good season.

Buy or Sell: Michael Clayton makes the Pro Bowl in 2006.

Buy or sell. Kubiak will revive the Texans and they will win 7+ games in 2006. You buying that?
I'll sell, but who knows what'll happen. I like the Colts and Jaguars more for 2006.It's hard to get a good read on how good/bad Carr is between how bad his line is and the decisions he makes. Byron and Peyton are set there for the next 5+ years.

Brad Johnson (if/when Culpepper is traded)

Not sure what you mean by 'how much.' Anyway, buy (sort of). I think he'll start in Minny for one more year because he won games in 2005 but I wouldn't put him higher than about QB28 in fantasy drafts.

Buy or sell?  If either, how much?
Not sure you mean by how much. Anyway, buy (sort of). I think he'll start in Minny for one more year because he won games in 2005 but I wouldn't put him higher than about QB28 in fantasy drafts.
How much = how much you'd pay or expect to receive

I'll sell this as well. I think five wins is a major step in the right direction.Buy or sell Edge staying in Indy...

Not sure you mean by how much. Anyway, buy (sort of). I think he'll start in Minny for one more year because he won games in 2005 but I wouldn't put him higher than about QB28 in fantasy drafts.
How much = how much you'd pay or expect to receive
Trade value for QB28+ (my opinion of his ranking if he starts) very low. Unless another fantasy owner has no other starting QBs, you wouldn't get more than a backup RB or sleeper WR.

Buy or sell Edge staying in Indy...
Sell: Edge would love to be in Miami. Since that's not an option, he's going to one of the next warmest places (either Jacksonville or Arizona). If I were a betting man, I'd guess Jacksonville & Fred Taylor will be cut despite Del Rio's statements to the contrary.

Buy or Sell: Michael Clayton makes the Pro Bowl in 2006.
Wow. Big ??? on this guy, given up/down 2004 and 2005. I'll sell, given how many balls Galloway gets. I think it will be hard for even a healthy Clayton to get the numbers necessary for a Pro Bowl season.

I've gotta sell too. As an Edge owner in 2 dynasty leagues, I'd love to see him stay. And I think he SHOULD stay. But the signs point elsewhere. My small bet is Minn, but Jax is another good possibility.

I've gotta sell too. As an Edge owner in 2 dynasty leagues, I'd love to see him stay. And I think he SHOULD stay. But the signs point elsewhere. My small bet is Minn, but Jax is another good possibility.
Sell, the Colts are done (in terms of SB chance - especially sans James)Buy or sell:

Chris Perry cuts into Rudi Johnson's work load this year by at least 20%?

Buy or sell:

Sell. Assuming no injuries to Rudi (I assume you mean the 20% due to role, not injury), I think Cin is happy with what Rudi and Perry are doing now and I don't expect things to change. What the offense had going in 2005 was working well, and I doubt they see a reason to change things.

Sell, the Colts are done (in terms of SB chance - especially sans James)Buy or sell:

sell on clayton, edge staysbuy on Perry, could be alot more, and thats nothing against Rudi.

buy or sell, a Cleveland RB scores 10 total TDs.

Buy! I think Droughns will be seriously undervalued in drafts this year due to his 2 TDs. Look for 10 from him in 2006. I know I"m in the minority on this one.The Browns are a team on the rise in the next couple of years. Good things happening with Savage, Crennel and Co.

Buy or sell: Jacksonville's Matt Jones will make the leap to fantasy top 24 in 2006.
That's a hold. It depends on Jimmy Smith's role. I think Matt Jones and Ernest Williams will emerge as receivers 1A and 1B on the Jags.Buy or Sell: Will Reggie Williams fulfill his dream to be an NFL bust in 2006?

Push - Ramsey would open the season as the starter but, when healthy, Pennington is the more polished QB and would take back the position as soon as he could.

buy if you you think he sucks because of his dream, sell if you think he sucks because but doesn't want to.

Buy or Sell Reggie Bush being so good that he should go #1 no matter what?

Buy or Sell: Will Reggie Williams fulfill his dream to be an NFL bust in 2006?

Buy - RW is already a bust based on draft position and performance. 2006 will find no difference.

Buy or Sell: Jamal Lewis ends up in Denver?

Buy or sell: Jacksonville's Matt Jones will make the leap to fantasy top 24 in 2006.
I am buying this, not that Matt Jones would be coming out of no where, people know who he is at least around here, but there are always surprises at the WR possition in fantasy and the trends last year was that this passing attack was on the rise and he is obviously the most physically gifted WR on the team.Buy or Sell, this years WR class will be forgotten by next years draft?

Buy- Ramsey as the starter in NY.

Buy- Brad Johnson as a decent starter next year on a 5-11 Minny team

Sell- Benson leading the Bears in rushing unless TJ gets hurt

Buy- Mike Anderson rushing for 1,000 yards unless he goes to the Eagles and becomes this years Lamar Gordon

Sell TO in Denver. Buy TO in Dallas

Buy Texans with 7+ wins THIS season

Sell Matt Jones being a fantasy star in place of Jimmy Smith. He isn't ready.

Buy Droughns being way undervalued

Buy the Colts being done in terms of a SB, they blew it last year. They would have destroyed Seattle.

Buy Edge in Jacksonville

Buy Jamal Lewis in Denver

Buy Jamal Lewis with 1500 yards in Denver

Buy Browns 8-8 this season, 10-6 next season, super bowl contender 2008

Sell! A better redzone rushing offense yes, but not by that much. 6-8 TDs perferably by Droughns would be good.Buy or Sell: the Eagles return to the playoffs in 2006?

Buy or Sell: Jamal Lewis ends up in Denver?
Sell... but without a lot confidence. The Denver RB situation is always murky and full of speculation. My feeling is that their team philosophy is that quality RB production can be had without a big price tag, so maybe my answer depends on the money Lewis will command in the open market. My guess is it'll be more than Denver is willing to pay, and that using Dayne/Cobbs/Bell at a much cheaper price will give similar results.

On Patrick Ramsey:

I am with you on Mike Anderson
I have Him. Unless He resigns with Denver, He's done. :hot:

Sell! A better redzone rushing offense yes, but not by that much. 6-8 TDs perferably by Droughns would be good.Buy or Sell: the Eagles return to the playoffs in 2006?
Tough call the NFC East will be the best division in the NFL. Im selling for nowKevin Jones top 15 next year?

Tough call the NFC East will be the best division in the NFL. Im selling for nowKevin Jones top 15 next year?
Yes I'd buy Kevin Jones being top 15. I'd say it's a guarantee if he plays in all 16 games.

Buy or Sell Reggie Bush being so good that he should go #1 no matter what?
Buy. So many experts are calling this guy the best to come out since Faulk and a real difference maker that it's hard to argue. The only other player who might go #1 is Leinart, and that would only happen if Hou traded down. The candidate for that trade would be the Jets, and with Pennington now signed and Ramsey reportedly close, I don't see it happening. I still have a gut feeling Hou will trade down, getting a lot to improve elsewhere, but with a team who wants Bush. He'll go #1.

Buy or Sell: the Eagles return to the playoffs in 2006?
Buy, but they have peaked will not be as good as their NFC championship game and Super Bowl years. Still a winning organization and coaching staff.

Kevin Jones top 15 next year?
Sell. :( Mad Martz will deemphasize the running game, and Bryson will have an expanded role (just re-signed today) as a better pass receiver and blocker. I don't think Jones will get the touches or score the TDs to finish that high.

Kevin Jones top 15 next year?
Sell. :( Mad Martz will deemphasize the running game, and Bryson will have an expanded role (just re-signed today) as a better pass receiver and blocker. I don't think Jones will get the touches or score the TDs to finish that high.
Im buying K Jones but not with my last dollar.How about Fitz and Boldin 100 catches again?

Buy if everything stays the same, bad run blocking O-line bad runningbacks, and health of course, I see no reason that Bodin and Fitz don't have 100+ catches. Boldin has proven that when he is playing he his great and Fitz will continue to be on the rise.

Buy if everything stays the same, bad run blocking O-line bad runningbacks, and health of course, I see no reason that Bodin and Fitz don't have 100+ catches. Boldin has proven that when he is playing he his great and Fitz will continue to be on the rise.
Wow. I'll sell all day on this one. Having a 100 catch season is pretty rare for a WR, even tougher to do it in consecutive years. That being said I'd like to see the amount of times two WR's from the same team have had back to back 100+ catch seasons...has it ever happened?Here's one: Does Andre Johnson score 7 TD's or more in 2006?

Great thread by the way :thumbup:

Here's one: Does Andre Johnson score 7 TD's or more in 2006?

I'll buy this one. He had 6 TDs in 2004 (his 2nd season) before last year's all around team collapse. I'm a believer in Kubiak's ability to get a lot more out of the offense, and can see Johnson with 7-8 TDs, with upside.

Here's one: Does Andre Johnson score 7 TD's or more in 2006?

I'll buy this one. He had 6 TDs in 2004 (his 2nd season) before last year all around team collapse. I'm a believer in Kubiak's ability to get a lot more out of the offense, and can see Johnson with 7-8 TDs, with upside.
Fair,I've always liked Him.I say 7-9 TD.

Buy or sell: Corey Dillon will rebound from an injury-marred 2005 season to again be a top-10 fantasy RB (he was #7 in 2004).

Users who are viewing this thread