What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carson Palmer (1 Viewer)

Varmint

Footballguy
The last time we saw young Mr. Palmer, he was being carried off the field.

HOmers...Any word on the outlook for 2006 for Palmer?

Anyone hear anything?

He'll be fine. I expect him to play at about 78% of last year's production early on, then back at 100% towards the end.

If he isn't ready for the beginng of the season, who's their qb now that Kitna is gone. I'm guessing Kitna going to the Lions is good new for Palmer owners. You don't htink the Bengals would let their backup leave if they weren't sure their qb would be okay.

He'll be fine. I expect him to play at about 78% of last year's production early on, then back at 100% towards the end.
You're not a real Dr, but you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

If he isn't ready for the beginng of the season, who's their qb now that Kitna is gone. I'm guessing Kitna going to the Lions is good new for Palmer owners. You don't htink the Bengals would let their backup leave if they weren't sure their qb would be okay.
They are talking to Jamie Martin right now.

I think you ought to be more specific.Will it be 77.7%, or 78.4%?

Got this from link on our local sports talk radio guy's blog. I would assume he is somewhat mobile if he is bowling. Putting alot of pressure on one leg obviously.

http://www.lance1360homer.com/blog.asp

TITLE FROM BLOG:

Holy crap! Carson seen bowling?

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200...ws/6354688.html

Las Vegas Review Journal: Norm Clark, Vegas Confidential

Sightings for this past weekend in Las Vegas for the NASCAR race.

Jon Bon Jovi, arriving in time at "Beacher's Madhouse" (Hard Rock Hotel) to catch a mini-Bon Jovi act: three little people and a 350-pound woman. Afterwards, in the Hard Rock penthouse, Bon Jovi tried his hand at bartending, pouring shots for Beacher's Babies. Also there: Enrique Iglesias and Wilmer Valderrama. ... Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, bowling during his spare time in the Kingpin bowling suite over the weekend in the Palms' new Fantasy Tower. ... NFL quarterbacks Kyle Boller of Baltimore, Kyle Orton of Chicago and Palmer, partying at Tao (The Venetian) with single-season NFL sackmaster Michael Strahan of the New York Giants

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowling doesn't put a ton of pressure on your knees. If Daunte can jog bowling isn't a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowling doesn't put a ton of pressure on your knees. If Daunte can jog bowling isn't a problem.
I haven't bowled in years, so I don't remember. Only HOMER news I have. He hasn't updated his blog since January 19, 2006. Just checked it again.

They are talking to Jamie Martin right now.
OH OKay, then he really must doing okay :D .

Update: Kimo Von Ohlhoeffen just went looking for Palmer again and ran over Palmer's puppy in his SUV.

How much stock to you place in this bit from TSN??

Latest update Feb. 13, 2006 - 10:46 a.m.

There's no way Palmer will be ready to take the first snap of the 2006 season. Not with two torn ligaments (ACL and MCL), a dislocated knee cap and cartilage damage in his left knee. Look for him to go on the Physically Unable to Perform list and miss at least the first six regular-season games. (Chick Ludwig for TSN)

Fantasy Source spin: Palmer and Peyton Manning were clearly the top two quarterbacks in the league in 2005, but Palmer won't be the No. 2 choice for owners heading into 2006. His knee injury makes him too much of a risk at that spot.

There's no way Palmer will be ready to take the first snap of the 2006 season. Not with two torn ligaments (ACL and MCL), a dislocated knee cap and cartilage damage in his left knee. Look for him to go on the Physically Unable to Perform list and miss at least the first six regular-season games. (Chick Ludwig for TSN)

Fantasy Source spin: Palmer and Peyton Manning were clearly the top two quarterbacks in the league in 2005, but Palmer won't be the No. 2 choice for owners heading into 2006. His knee injury makes him too much of a risk at that spot.
I put a lot more stock in the fact that Kitna is now a Lion. But having said that, I don't think anyone should expect the 2005 Palmer out of the gate. He should be able to get back into form around mid-season or so, and may make a good candidate for a playoff push, but people shouldn't expect more than that, IMO.

I put a lot more stock in the fact that Kitna is now a Lion. But having said that, I don't think anyone should expect the 2005 Palmer out of the gate. He should be able to get back into form around mid-season or so, and may make a good candidate for a playoff push, but people shouldn't expect more than that, IMO.
Well..yeah...I was kinda thinking the same thing. I thought that Kitna would drive at first and then Palmer would take over....BUT...the departure of Kitna made me wonder..Certainly, they won't draft a rookie to start the season and there just isn't that many veteran QB's wandering around looking for a job....

...which raises the question......"what the hell is going on in Cinci ?"

Well..yeah...I was kinda thinking the same thing. I thought that Kitna would drive at first and then Palmer would take over....BUT...the departure of Kitna made me wonder..Certainly, they won't draft a rookie to start the season and there just isn't that many veteran QB's wandering around looking for a job....

...which raises the question......"what the hell is going on in Cinci ?"
I'm still wondering whether this is the ultimate landing spot for Patrick Ramsey. The Jets reportedly have lowered their offer to a 7th rounder this year, maybe with future considerations, so Cincy could get him by only having to better that low offer. Plus, Marvin Lewis was in Washington during Ramsey's rookie year and got to see him up close.

Homer update:

From Local Sports talk show host:

What I'm being told today

According to those that have seen him/talked to him in the last week..........Carson Palmer believes he is "about 4 weeks" ahead of his scheduled rehab. He has been doing intense water rehab in California which has accelerated things. It also appears to those that saw him, that he has bulked up in his upper body.

I'm also hearing, but can't confirm.....that the Bengals have made an offer of a two year deal to Brian Griese. A decision won't be made on til at least Tuesday.

I put a lot more stock in the fact that Kitna is now a Lion.
I have the exact oppisite take on the Kitna situation.Soon after the Palmer injury CIN had started to look to upgrade their backup QB situation. This lead me to believe they were more concerned about Palmers status entering the season than they were letting on. I think they were one of the very first teams to target Schaub(ATL) and right now they seem to be one of the front-runners to grab Griese. Either of them would be an upgrade over Kitna imo.

Team sources will tell you otherwise(as expected) but that's a team too close to the SB with holes left to fill so if they really expected Palmer to be ready it seems strange to me they are willing to so much of their off-season time and energy into upgrading their backup QB.

I put a lot more stock in the fact that Kitna is now a Lion.
I have the exact oppisite take on the Kitna situation.Soon after the Palmer injury CIN had started to look to upgrade their backup QB situation. This lead me to believe they were more concerned about Palmers status entering the season than they were letting on. I think they were one of the very first teams to target Schaub(ATL) and right now they seem to be one of the front-runners to grab Griese. Either of them would be an upgrade over Kitna imo.

Team sources will tell you otherwise(as expected) but that's a team too close to the SB with holes left to fill so if they really expected Palmer to be ready it seems strange to me they are willing to so much of their off-season time and energy into upgrading their backup QB.
It's really all in how you view those QBs. Personally, I look at how Kitna played the year before Palmer took over. He played very well, he was very well versed in the system, he was a company man, and from all that I have heard, was a solid team mate. I would certainly take him over the up and down Griese and the unproven Schaub. (as far as we are talking about the current Bengal QB situation and their playoff chances for the upcoming year)It may really have come down to the cap and if Kitna wanted a chance to start again (which he did). Most teams realize that a competent backup QB is the difference between playoff hopeful and also-ran, so I would expect a team that knew it was going to lose one of its most valuable backups to start an extensive search to replace him.

In my mind, Kitna was choice #1 for the Bengals, and this is especially true if they had any real long term concerns about Palmer. I am sure many factors probably played a hand in his not being resigned, but we see examples all the time of teams overspending on players where they perceive a weakness. The fact that they are choosing to not do this and go after less capable options (again, speaking about the Bengal QB) IMO - is a positive sign.

Carson Palmer news conference today at 11:45am.

Notes from local sports talk blog:

Carson walked into the media room.....without crutches or notice of a limp

Knee "feels good"....considers himself "right on" schedule....hasn't had any bad days or setbacks....."knock on wood"

He's at week 10 of rehab....thru the "first quarter" of his rehab in a four quarter process....heading into 2nd qt.

Doing about 40 exercises a day....with about four people

Denied Las Vegas Review report of him bowling

Expects to be ready for the opener....but has no crystal ball to really know how he will feel

Doesn't know when he can start 7 on 7 drills, running and dropping back

Will keep his fingers crossed for mini-camp in May........but doesn't think that is realistic

Ready for training camp?: "We'll see, I wish I knew, you have to let the healing process play out, you can't push it"

Has not talked to Kimo.......holds no grudge, doesn't think it was intentional. "I don't care if he's in Pittsburgh or New York. I wish him the best"

Said initial reports of the surgery results were blown out of proportion

Back in town for last two weeks.....will now be in town until the season opener

Team has not asked him/consulted with him about the back-up QB.

Excited about Antonio Chatman........watched him warm-up during the Green Bay game.

Won't ask for uniform #3 back with Kitna now gone

Has heard from Trent Green and talked a "bunch" with Peyton Manning

Support from fans sending cards and letters has been overwhelming. "Very touching" to read the cards. "It makes you want to work even harder to get back for them". Gets care packages from grade school classes.

Other comments:

*"It pissed me off that the Steelers won the game (he got hurt)....they are the team nobody in our lockerroom wants to see win. It just gives us more motivation to beat them now"

*"We are still a young team with a lot to figure out. We know we can play with and beat the best. We are still a ways from the team we can be"

*Can't wait to play with Chris Henry again. What he went thru will make him stronger. In every day working about....every single day. I hope he's here for the long haul. He made some bad decisions. He's sorry. He's got a lot going on, and it's tough to focus. He'll move on.

Regarding Henry

Sounds like he turned out OK in Cincy (legally). Still have to see if there are playing time reprecussions. He still has to get off in FL. I hope he comes out of this. The guy has mad potential.

Today's Cincinnati Enquirer story on Palmer

Palmer updates rehab

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

If his rehabilitation were a football game, Carson Palmer said this afternoon he is through the first quarter and heading into the second quarter.

“I have the extension back in the leg. Now we’re moving onto strength and conditioning,” said Palmer, the Bengals quarterback who spoke to the media today for the first time since undergoing knee surgery.

“Then it is the running and jumping,” he said.

Palmer had surgery Jan. 10 in Houston to replace two torn knee ligaments. Palmer suffered tears to both the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his left knee.

He walked into the Paul Brown Stadium interview room without the aid of crutches. There was no sign of a limp and little visible evidence of atrophy.

Palmer had been working in California and has switched his base to Cincinnati. He returned two weeks ago.

“Everything is going as scheduled and planned,” he said. “I’m just starting to get to the point where I can push weight around.”

Palmer said he still expects to be the team’s starting quarterback on opening day but can’t predict the future.

“I don’t have a crystal ball,” he said. “But, no question, that’s what I’m expecting. I still expect to play Game 1 in the preseason.”

Palmer displayed the type of aw-shucks attitude that has endeared him to fans, who have flooded him with get-well wishes ranging from 10-foot high cards and pictures drawn by pre-school students.

“I had knee surgery,” Palmer said. “It’s not like I have cancer or lost a limb.”

Palmer was hit from the side on his first pass play by Steelers defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen in the 31-17 loss in the AFC wildcard playoff game Jan. 8.

Palmer said he has not spoken to von Oelhoffen, who has since signed as a free agent with the Jets.

“Football is a very physical game,” Palmer said. “Things happen. I don’t hold a grudge.”

Though Palmer lobbied for the Bengals to re-sign backup quarterback Jon Kitna, Kitna is gone. He signed a four-year contract Monday with the Detroit Lions and has started working out in their offseason program.

The Bengals did sign journeyman quarterback Doug Johnson in January and have two healthy quarterbacks, Johnson and Craig Krenzel, under contract. The club is looking for a third quarterback but has failed to land either Sage Rosenfels or Brian Griese, two free agents who signed with Houston and Chicago, respectively.

The Bengals’ focus for a quarterback now appears to be zeroing in on former Rams backup Jamie Martin and former Steelers starter/backup Tommy Maddox.

E-mail mcurnutte@enquirer.com

Users who are viewing this thread