What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Jones vs. Julius Jones.. (1 Viewer)

Kafka

Footballguy
In a PPR league, I see Kevin as having much more upside,with Martz supplying ample rec. oppurtunities to go along with Marinelli's committment to a ball control offense. IMO, Julius is just as injury prone, if not more. As for those who question KJ's heart, did you see the live take when he was drafted by Det after being passed up by Dall? Did you see him blow up the TB safety en route to a 7yd TD and his subsequent celebration? I do not question his heart at all, just his past situation. No Mariucci= top 12 Rb this yr.(esp. considering Det's schedule this upcoming year). What think you?

It's pretty obvious KJ has a low pain threshold as he missed games and significant time in games because of nicks. He's only in his 2nd year and already shows signs of being the next Fred Taylor, minus the Fred'a ability.

JJ didn't look as fast at the beginning of the year as he did in 2004. He looked tentative and didn't break many big ones for a gamebreaker.

This is the telling year for both of them.

So, this thread is, "Why Kevin Jones is much better than Julius Jones?"
As opposed to "Why Diesel's sarcasm and input is much better than others?" It's just my opinion and was only asking for point-counter points. Sorry, Your Most Sanctimonious Sage.

As opposed to "Why Diesel's sarcasm and input is much better than others?" It's just my opinion and was only asking for point-counter points. Sorry, Your Most Sanctimonious Sage.
Got me there. I was just asking a question. Didnt seem like you were unbiased in your question there.

It's pretty obvious KJ has a low pain threshold as he missed games and significant time in games because of nicks. He's only in his 2nd year and already shows signs of being the next Fred Taylor, minus the Fred'a ability.

JJ didn't look as fast at the beginning of the year as he did in 2004. He looked tentative and didn't break many big ones for a gamebreaker.

This is the telling year for both of them.
K. Jones has played in 28 games in his 2 years and J. Jones has played in 21 in his 2 years in the league. I understand Kevin was nicked up during some of the games, but to say that he is more injury prone than Julius is incorrect.

Got me there. I was just asking a question. Didnt seem like you were unbiased in your question there.
In retrospect, you're correct. I didn't state JJ's case as I should have. Mea Culpa.

In retrospect, you're correct. I didn't state JJ's case as I should have. Mea Culpa.
I think they are both giant beetles. The question is whether they can metamorphose into something else.

Kevin Jones had one of the best second halfs in recent history the season before last, and that was his rookie season. I think that he had a sophmore slump, but he will bounce back this season and be a top 10 RB maybe better.

I am however a little bias

Last edited by a moderator:
You're quite the witty one. It wasn't a beetle, did he ever state it as such? jackarse . Know your role. Back to football...

Tuna won't put up with JJ riding the pine with injuries. MB3 is waiting in the wings and has produced when called upon. If JJ falters he's gonna get the hook. KJ doesn't have to worry about that. It's not like Bryson or Pinner are going to take his job. Ask anyone about that except for JCJDJSLEJRJFJFGJD......

Kevin Jones had one of the best second halfs in recent history the season before last, and that was his rookie season. I think that he had a sophmore slump, but he will bounce back this season and be a top 10 RB maybe better.

don't forget that julius jones also had quite the run going at the same time. he had his ankle landed on quite badly in the philly game. he also had the 194 yard effort against carolina. did kj even hit 100 yards once? he kept starting games but how many did he finish.and i just traded for kevin jones to go along with julius.

Kevin Jones had one of the best second halfs in recent history the season before last, and that was his rookie season.  I think that he had a sophmore slump, but he will bounce back this season and be a top 10 RB maybe better. 

don't forget that julius jones also had quite the run going at the same time. he had his ankle landed on quite badly in the philly game. he also had the 194 yard effort against carolina. did kj even hit 100 yards once? he kept starting games but how many did he finish.and i just traded for kevin jones to go along with julius.
are you talking about his rookie season?if so Kevin Jones had 554 yards and 4 tds... IN DECEMBER

12/5------196yds 1 td

12/12-----156yds 1 td

12/19-----79yds 1 td

12/26-----123yds 1 td

MB3 is a legit threat to JJ. If JJ gets injured again, that will be the third consecutive year he goes down. That, and MB3's own talent, could easily trigger a permanent shift to MB3.

MB3 is a legit threat to JJ.  If JJ gets injured again, that will be the third consecutive year he goes down.  That, and MB3's own talent, could easily trigger a permanent shift to MB3.
In regards to Kevin, he did score his 5 rush TD's against TB,Balt(2), Chi, and Dallas. His TD against Chi was the first rush TD their D allowed all year. Also, Kitna and/or Martz can only improve the pass game and alleviate the pressure on the rushing game. No Harrington= all around offensive improvement. Now if Det would only address their OL......and chop off Bryson's hands, KJ would be set.

I think Bryson is a legit threat to Kevin Jones' pass catching. bryson is a better blocker and receiver, they just signed him to a 4 year deal as well.

Detroit also needs to upgrade their OL.

JJ OL is better, MB3 had some decent games in his absence and will be used by the Tuna as a motivator to keep JJ going.

Both players seem to battle the injury bug last year.

Right now I rank JJ slightly higher than KJ, due to the fact that JJ's offense has more consistency and a better OL. I think both are about equal injury risks

are you talking about his rookie season?if so Kevin Jones had 554 yards and 4 tds... IN DECEMBER

12/5------196yds 1 td

12/12-----156yds 1 td

12/19-----79yds 1 td

12/26-----123yds 1 td
Wow, quoting stats from December 2004. KJ fans must be getting desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread