What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife got a slow cooker..... (1 Viewer)

Eviloutsider

Footballguy
So we got a nice slow cooker and the wife said she would make some tips for us. I can't eat mushrooms but I love tips. Anyone got any good recipies?

try here

edited to add that slow cookers are great and very easy to use. just throw stuff in and let it go slow and low.

Last edited by a moderator:
FOOTBALL BEEF

A bottom or top round roast

1 jar of MILD banana peppers

Put them both in the cooker and let em go,all day

The beef falls apart,the peppers give it great flavor

and provide a nice stock

Make sandwiches on a hard roll

don't use HOT banana peppers

tried both,believe me,the mild ones

give it more flavor

Try this:

Set the slow cooker on low. Put in a beef shoulder roast. Add one package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. That's it. Don't add anything else. Just let it cook all day. Serve with whatever side dish you like. Leftovers make awesome tacos or burritos. :thumbup:

Try this:

Set the slow cooker on low. Put in a beef shoulder roast. Add one package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. That's it. Don't add anything else. Just let it cook all day. Serve with whatever side dish you like. Leftovers make awesome tacos or burritos. :thumbup:
That is actually pretty good, but you do add like 1/3 cup water. Oh, and I prefer Chuck roast since it gets so tender.

Try this:

That is actually pretty good, but you do add like 1/3 cup water. Oh, and I prefer Chuck roast since it gets so tender.
No. Don't add ANY water. The roast will cook in its own juice.

Dump a 6lb roaster in your crock pot with a buncha carrots and onions and a packet of onion soup mix in the morning and come home to...

:excited:

It doesn't get any easier. :thumbup:

Get the 15 bean mix and add a smoked turkey leg...make ya wanna smack yer mammy.

Also makes the most moist, tender roast beef you've ever eaten.

It ain't rocket surgery.

Is it really that easy? All you do is put the meat in the slow cooker and add the jar of banana peppers? Do you need to add anything else with it like water or other seasonings?

FOOTBALL BEEF

and provide a nice stock

give it more flavor

Kalua Pork

3-4 pounds pork butt or shoulder (same thing)

1 to 2 tablespoons Hawaiian rock salt or sea salt

2-3 tablespoons liquid smoke

1/2 cup water

If you can find ti leaves wrap the pork in them.

Cook about 8-10 hours on low.

Yummy!

Pot roast, carrots, cut up some potatoes if you like.

Three cans of GOLDEN mushroom soup. Add some water as well. The mushrooms will hardly even be there after cooking all day.

Cook slow all day.

It is really good with rice too.

I tried this with a pork roast, I might try with chops sometime. The family really liked it.

Ingredients:

5 pounds pork roast (can use chops or steaks too)

1/2 package dry onion soup mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can Pepsi (not diet)

Directions:

Place meat in crockpot; sprinkle with soup mix. Stir together Pepsi and mushroom soup and pour over the top. Cook on low 6-7 hours. The gravy from the sauce is delicious on potatoes or rice.

This recipe for Pepsi Pork with Rich Gravy serves/makes 8.

Is it really that easy? All you do is put the meat in the slow cooker and add the jar of banana peppers? Do you need to add anything else with it like water or other seasonings?

FOOTBALL BEEF

and provide a nice stock

give it more flavor
that's it,remember your dumping the whole jar in,it's loaded with vinegared-up juice from the peppers.

I need some help finding a thread. It was about crock pot cooking and it was a few pages long. It had a recipe for pork with a can of coke that I liked a lot. It also had a spicy meatball recipe. I have tried the search function and this is the only thread I found. Does anyone else remember this thread and if so can you find it?

On a side note there is a recipe in this thread with beef and 15 bean soup. The recipe does not say so but I assume you have to add some kind of broth. Correct?

You cant put dry beans in with a roast and let it cook or can you?

1 pork tenderloin.

Season as desired.(I just use a little salt and pepper)

1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.

No water, let cook on low all day. Take the tenderloin out, and shred it with a fork. Put the pork back in the crock pot with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Best pulled pork in history, right there....:drool:

1 pork tenderloin.Season as desired.(I just use a little salt and pepper)1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.No water, let cook on low all day. Take the tenderloin out, and shred it with a fork. Put the pork back in the crock pot with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Best pulled pork in history, right there....:drool:
:no:

FOOTBALL BEEFA bottom or top round roast1 jar of MILD banana peppersPut them both in the cooker and let em go,all dayThe beef falls apart,the peppers give it great flavorand provide a nice stockMake sandwiches on a hard rolldon't use HOT banana pepperstried both,believe me,the mild onesgive it more flavor
:takes notes:

1 pork tenderloin.Season as desired.(I just use a little salt and pepper)1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.No water, let cook on low all day. Take the tenderloin out, and shred it with a fork. Put the pork back in the crock pot with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Best pulled pork in history, right there....:drool:
A tenderloin? I would never put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot, but thats just me. I would use a pork shoulder (aka Boston Butt) instead, and save the tenderloin for roasting or grilling.

Just cooked chili in the slow cooker yesterday. I fried the beef a little first (just cause it was regular, not lean) and then threw everything in the pot...peppers, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, celery, spices, onions, mushrooms, kidney and pimento beans. 8 hours later, it was delicious.

When I'm short on time I skip the peppers and spices and sub in a jar of salsa. :)

I find it great for times when we each want supper at different times...leave it stewing and serve as needed.

prosopis said:
I need some help finding a thread. It was about crock pot cooking and it was a few pages long. It had a recipe for pork with a can of coke that I liked a lot. It also had a spicy meatball recipe. I have tried the search function and this is the only thread I found. Does anyone else remember this thread and if so can you find it?On a side note there is a recipe in this thread with beef and 15 bean soup. The recipe does not say so but I assume you have to add some kind of broth. Correct?You cant put dry beans in with a roast and let it cook or can you?
The link is posted above but it apparently was deleted.

prosopis said:
I need some help finding a thread. It was about crock pot cooking and it was a few pages long. It had a recipe for pork with a can of coke that I liked a lot. It also had a spicy meatball recipe. I have tried the search function and this is the only thread I found. Does anyone else remember this thread and if so can you find it?On a side note there is a recipe in this thread with beef and 15 bean soup. The recipe does not say so but I assume you have to add some kind of broth. Correct?You cant put dry beans in with a roast and let it cook or can you?
That is a shame that thread was great. I wish I had printed some of the recipes.

prosopis said:
:brush: Waste of a good resource when threads like that get deleted.

Dump a 6lb roaster in your crock pot with a buncha carrots and onions and a packet of onion soup mix in the morning and come home to... :excited: It doesn't get any easier. :thumbup:
This is what I do too, except I also add potatos and a can of guiness. Makes a great sauce.

A tenderloin? I would never put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot, but thats just me. I would use a pork shoulder (aka Boston Butt) instead, and save the tenderloin for roasting or grilling.
Why? Cost? Quality of meat?

prosopis said:
I need some help finding a thread. It was about crock pot cooking and it was a few pages long. It had a recipe for pork with a can of coke that I liked a lot. It also had a spicy meatball recipe. I have tried the search function and this is the only thread I found. Does anyone else remember this thread and if so can you find it?

On a side note there is a recipe in this thread with beef and 15 bean soup. The recipe does not say so but I assume you have to add some kind of broth. Correct?

You cant put dry beans in with a roast and let it cook or can you?
Not sure if this has your recipe, but this may be the thread you are looking for:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...amp;hl=crockpot

Why? Cost? Quality of meat?
If you're going to make slow cooked pork like this, you're better off with something that contains more fat and/or connective tissue. Such cuts benefit more from slow cooking IMO. Tenderloin is really lean.Would you cook a beef tenderloin in a slow cooker? Probably not, but something like beef short ribs are perfect.For pork, consider ribs or shoulder for sure in the slow cooker.

Users who are viewing this thread