What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Different strategy? (1 Viewer)

nelly29

Footballguy
Hey guys...I have only played in a 10 team league (last 7 years) Our 10 team action league is changing from a 10 team league to a 12 team league. With a standard starting line up (1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1k 1d) and 20 man rosters what positions become more valuable in a 12 team league? I know Rb will always be a premium but do you guys find that the jump to 12 teams will cause any certain position jump in value unproportionately to others? Thanks for the input

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the 2nd time in as many days I've seen different spelled the same way. Differnet, it's like the internet, but different?

Anyway, in an "action" league, RB value will jump a lot, and top tiers of WR/QB may jump a bit. I doubt you'll see much else, though.

RB supply gets thinner, as you'd expect. Handcuffs also are more of an issue, as you can probably expect 60-75 RBs to get drafted (6-7+ a team).

With your roster at 3 WR and no PPR, WR depth would be the next biggest impact.

QB, TE, K, D relatively no impact.

Lastly, the addition of 40 roster slots will affect depth / sleepers AND waiver wire / free agency depth.

With that in mind, I would consider who you like as sleepers and consider adding them over a 2nd K, D or TE.

I like to keep what I consider a "flex" spot on my roster if roster spot availability is an issue. I rotate backup K, D and TE as need be for bye weeks and cycle them through that slot. Saves a roster spot or two for the rest of your team.

RB supply gets thinner, as you'd expect. Handcuffs also are more of an issue, as you can probably expect 60-75 RBs to get drafted (6-7+ a team).

With your roster at 3 WR and no PPR, WR depth would be the next biggest impact.

QB, TE, K, D relatively no impact.

Lastly, the addition of 40 roster slots will affect depth / sleepers AND waiver wire / free agency depth.

With that in mind, I would consider who you like as sleepers and consider adding them over a 2nd K, D or TE.

I like to keep what I consider a "flex" spot on my roster if roster spot availability is an issue. I rotate backup K, D and TE as need be for bye weeks and cycle them through that slot. Saves a roster spot or two for the rest of your team.
:goodposting: Very good points ... Much along the lines of what I was thinking.... I know the team depth will go down as in a 10 team league it was pretty easy to have a good #3 rb or a solid #4 wr....but now I guess the "sleeper" becomes more of a factor....I guess that is why most vet fantasy football players perfer 12+ team leagues. I will sure not pick up a 2nd TE kicker or def during the draft and take a shot at a few more sleepers...

No difference to me rather 10, 12, 14, 16, 8 team league. I take whom I think is the best player available each pick.

I often find myself waiting way too long for a QB but it usually pays off when all is said and done! I do often adjust to trends. I might take my 4th or 5th RB before my first qb or maybe even a STARTING TE or WR because everyone is so jumpy at rb's now a days. lol

Users who are viewing this thread