What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Overall Player Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who is the #11 player to own in a dynasty league?

• RB Rudi Johnson, CIN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB Peyton Manning, IND

• RB Edgerrin James, ARI

• WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI

• WR Steve Smith, CAR

• WR Chad Johnson, CIN

• RB Tiki Barber, NYG

• RB Kevin Jones, DET

• RB Brian Westbrook, PHI

• RB DeAngelo Williams, NCAA

• WR Randy Moss, OAK

• WR Anquan Boldin, ARI

• WR Terrell Owens

• TE Antonio Gates

• Other

• Total voters

snorlax

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
As a continuation of the work OZ (and Tick) did in his positional dynasty polls, I am going to run a series of polls on overall player rankings in a dynasty league. This will allow us to see both how people's values of the players have changed in the last couple of months and how people value the players relative to each other across positions. I am going to attempt to get as many of these done before the NFL Draft as possible because player values will fluctuate wildly at that point, and I may just let OZ take over with a new series of position polls at that point. (I am also doing this before the Draft because some of us have fantasy drafts starting that day.) In order to make this most applicable to everyone, let's assume a standard lineup and scoring rules.

Standard fbg scoring rules:

1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving

6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

1 pt per 20 yards passing

4 pts per passing TD

-1 per INT

3 pts per FG

1 pt per XP

Lineup:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 RB/WR/TE flex

1 K

1 D

I started this poll by including the top ten players in the staff rankings plus the consensus top rookie. I don't expect these polls to mirror the staff rankings, and there should be some interesting discussion as a result, but I will add the next players to the poll from the staff rankings if necessary. I would prefer to add players only after they have gotten a couple of other votes in the previous poll. Some of these players probably won't get any votes for now, but I'm not going to temporarily remove them as OZ did because I don't think the clutter among the poll choices will be an issue for now. Anyway, on to the rankings.

1. RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2. RB Larry Johnson, KC

3. RB Shaun Alexander, SEA

4. RB Clinton Portis, WAS

5. RB Steven Jackson, STL

6. (Tie) RB Cadillac Williams, TB

(Runoff) RB Ronnie Brown, MIA

8. RB Reggie Bush, NCAA

9. (Runoff) RB Lamont Jordan, OAK

10. RB Willis McGahee, BUF

Who is the #11 player to have in a dynasty league? If you vote other please list the player. I added a few suggested players. If you think someone else should be added next round let me know.

I will probably put the next poll up tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the RBs will help for a year or so, some longer, they aren't all that exciting.

Peyton's alright, the #1 QB for sure, but I'll wait.

Give me the 3rd year WR who's already playing like a stud.

Fitzgerald.

While the RBs will help for a year or so, some longer, they aren't all that exciting.

Fitzgerald.
With no PPR, no way do I value any WR this much.Having the #1 guy at the #1 scoring position ain't bad IMO. And I think Peyton is pretty much a sure bet to be a top 2 QB (maybe behind Palmer) for the next 3+ years. It's hard to project ahead further than that, but I can see this guy performing at this level for another 6 or 7 years.

I don't see how Edge can be ranked any lower.
Zona's Run Blocking is horrific. Check out JJ and Shipps YPC avg last season.Personally I can't see him ranked any lower than 13. Still above Tiki and all the WRs.

Fitzgerald.
With no PPR, no way do I value any WR this much.Having the #1 guy at the #1 scoring position ain't bad IMO. And I think Peyton is pretty much a sure bet to be a top 2 QB (maybe behind Palmer) for the next 3+ years. It's hard to project ahead further than that, but I can see this guy performing at this level for another 6 or 7 years.
I think it's a little soon for a WR, but since the requirements are 3 WR's I can see it. I'd rather have a RB since you can draft young WR's later and just wait awhile. You don't have the same opportunity with RB's and having to start two is going to make you very weak at the position unless you were to grab the best RB available at #14.

Ok stop with the RB stud theory love already. With no one WR truely standing out its too soon to be picking that way also.

This is between Gates and Manning. I'm picking Gates.

Fitz.

He is proven. He is going to get better. He is young. WRs have the potential to have more years in them than RBs.

Fitzgerald.
I think it's a little soon for a WR, but since the requirements are 3 WR's I can see it. I'd rather have a RB since you can draft young WR's later and just wait awhile. You don't have the same opportunity with RB's and having to start two is going to make you very weak at the position unless you were to grab the best RB available at #14.
Understood. It may just be that I play more in leagues that allow you flexibility not to start 2 or more RBs each week, I prefer that format. But, Fitz should be around, barring a surprising injury, long after most of these players are done. I'd rather build my team around a WR I pretty much know will be a top 5 scorer each year for the next 10, than a RB I doubt will be around in 4. Or a totally unproven one, although I do get the votes for DeAngelo.

Understood. It may just be that I play more in leagues that allow you flexibility not to start 2 or more RBs each week, I prefer that format. But, Fitz should be around, barring a surprising injury, long after most of these players are done. I'd rather build my team around a WR I pretty much know will be a top 5 scorer each year for the next 10, than a RB I doubt will be around in 4. Or a totally unproven one, although I do get the votes for DeAngelo.
Because WRs are dependent on QBs getting them the ball, you cant assume Fizty will be top 5 each year.I won't argue the guy's talent, but who is going to be throwing him the ball in 3 years?

And who are these D'Angelo voters. explain yourselves.

I wouldnt be able to pick him this high even if he was in Denver.

Why Manning is not off the board already is beyond me. To many people believe in the falacy of RB's. Hey, a great idea would be to lessen their importance and make the game a bit more well rounded and not so RB heavy. Any ideas?

Why Manning is not off the board already is beyond me. To many people believe in the falacy of RB's. Hey, a great idea would be to lessen their importance and make the game a bit more well rounded and not so RB heavy. Any ideas?
At 4 pts a TD, I wouldn't take him in the 1st. That's around 60 pts he's losing (vs. 6/TD). :2cents:

Why Manning is not off the board already is beyond me.  To many people believe in the falacy of RB's.  Hey, a great idea would be to lessen their importance and make the game a bit more well rounded and not so RB heavy.  Any ideas?
At 4 pts a TD, I wouldn't take him in the 1st. That's around 60 pts he's losing (vs. 6/TD). :2cents:
In dynasty he is a 16 game starter every year and puts up consistent numbers year in and year out. For a QB reliability should be a high consideration. Take a consistent year-in-year-out starter or take a chance on an iffy RB? Give me an initial draft and give me pick 10 in said draft and if Manning is there he would be mine in any scoring league out there. No way should he be there with questionable RB's being taken. Move this type of league to a "start 1 RB" league like they all should be and this draft is more reasonable.

Cmon fellas...DeAngelo Williams? And not a single DA voter checking in? Would you scratch the names of guys when NOONE comments on WHY theyd take him in this spot? Williams at any point before 20 or the mid 20s is making little sense. I voted Fitz because he's gonna be rock solid for a full 10 years. How many other players here can we provide that arguement for?

I went for longevity and voted Payton just above Fitz. Payton will be a rock for at least 5-6 more years, Fitz also will be consitstant and good for along time but I just felt like voting for manning. Maybe because my dyansty draft is coming up and I am hoping someone takes Manning in the first so I have a better chance at some of these other guys.

No way you can take a WR over Edge in a non-PPR league. That is ridiculous. This whole theory about comparing him to JJ and Shipp is ridiculous. Neither of those guys are in the same ball park with Edge. The first game, maybe, for about a quarter, the defense will stack the line against Edge until they get burned deep by Fitz/Boldin, no one will do that again. Then the holes will open up...... Edge still closes in on 1500 Yards and double digit TD.

With some question marks related to the RB's on the board (D. Williams = ????), and a plethora of WR's which could be #1 for some time, I'd go with the sure thing at QB and be done with it. In Dynasty it's tough to get a young QB, as they are a crap shoot coming out of the draft, and the better ones seldom are placed in good situations. IF Palmer didn't get hurt last year, I think he'd be the better play, but I want to see him play prior to annointing him the next P. Manning. Palmer's WR's are younger, and so is he, but I'll take Peyton and know I've sewed up one position for quite a few years.

I'm with pigskinliquors and went with Manning. If this were a PPR league then I would have considered a WR.

With the RBs:

Edge - Taking someone with his miles moving away from fantasy paradise is dynasty suicide. Unless you know you can trade him later. I' d rather have Tiki than Edge

Rudi - He's a nice player, but something about having Chris Perry around scares me a bit

Deangelo Williams - I like this guy but no way do I pull the trigger here until I know his situation.

As is becoming tradition, I'm going to take this to a runoff and start the next poll.
Get used to it. I think we'll be doing this for the majority of the votes.

You people are crazy voting for DeAngelo Williams. There are too many good NFL players with proven ability to pick him here.

Users who are viewing this thread