What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Today and NFL Draft scout top 400 (1 Viewer)

Very nice link. Thank you
you're welcomethe columns are also sortable like FBGs likes to do

IE click "All" then "weight" and Hightower(from police academy) is the heaviest and Roland Dennis is the tallest. Jonathan Joseph fastest 40 etc.

I also like the draft rank, position rank column AND the projected round column. If ya note all 3(be better side by side) you can see gaps/tiers easily

Where did the LenDale White 40 time come from? Also, wasn't Bush faster than that?
Yeah, lots of those times are off or maybe just old. I'm guessing they put this together before a lot of guys had their pro days.

Where did the LenDale White 40 time come from? Also, wasn't Bush faster than that?
I heard some scouts secretly clocked him in the parking lot of Hometown Buffet.
Was he on the way in or out? I bet there are drastic differences between the 2 times!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, this is the best player ranking sheet I've seen... much more in line with my rankings, natch! :P Thanks for posting it! :goodposting:

For me, this is the best player ranking sheet I've seen... much more in line with my rankings, natch! :P Thanks for posting it! :goodposting:
makes those of us that subscribe to DraftScout annoyed that they partner with USA Today. :rant:

For me, this is the best player ranking sheet I've seen... much more in line with my rankings, natch!  :P   Thanks for posting it!  :goodposting:
makes those of us that subscribe to DraftScout annoyed that they partner with USA Today. :rant:
Exactly...at the very least, that flash-based interface should be available at NFL Draft Scout, too. :thumbdown:

Jason Allen @ 13 overall. Man this guy is moving up fast. Other than what I have read on this site, I really don't know anything about him.

I have read that the Vikings will be moving Sharper closer to the line (ie Strong Safety). So he would be a good fit with the team but his past injuries have to be a concern.

Interesting.

Where does this info come from?

Just quickly clicked in the QBs.

Aren't Cutler's bench #s and Lienart's vertical leap #'s some of the most important stats out there to talk about for the QBs?

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

Aren't Cutler's bench #s and Lienart's vertical leap #'s some of the most important stats out there to talk about for the QBs?

J
The info comes from NFL Draft Scout, Rob Rang's crew.USA Today also ran this feature on Cutler today. It goes to explaining the bench press figure. He hangs out with his lineman in the weightroom.

Leinart's vertical was very unexpected, but it didn't seem to make the impression I thought it would. It went some way toward dispelling the poor athleticism talk, but it should have generated excellent athleticism talk.

Interesting.

J
The info comes from NFL Draft Scout, Rob Rang's crew.USA Today also ran this feature on Cutler today. It goes to explaining the bench press figure. He hangs out with his lineman in the weightroom.

Leinart's vertical was very unexpected, but it didn't seem to make the impression I thought it would. It went some way toward dispelling the poor athleticism talk, but it should have generated excellent athleticism talk.
Thanks CC.I agree 100%. Leinart's vertical and Cutler's bench were two huge stats. Giant.

I didn't understand why they'd be excluded.

J

Interesting.

J

Thanks CC.I agree 100%. Leinart's vertical and Cutler's bench were two huge stats. Giant.

I didn't understand why they'd be excluded.

J
Hey Joe,I can see why Leinart's vertical would be interesting data (helps dispel the notion he's not a very good athlete), but why is Cutler's bench press so important in your eyes? For me, we already knew Cutler was a strong guy and I'm not sure I've ever seen any evidence that a QB's rep strength has any correlation with success as an NFL passer, no?

In fact, most NFL QBs opt out of the Combine bench press for that very reason.

Is it just that you think it shows how tough the kid is?

Users who are viewing this thread