What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty, Pick #2 (1 Viewer)

Who would you take as pick #2 in a dynasty league

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maroney

• Young

• Lineart

• Davis

• Addai

• Williams

• Total voters
These aren't my rankings, but I expect the ADP to go like this:

1. Bush

2. Maroney

3. Addai

4. Williams

5. Young

6. Leinart

7. White

8. Davis

9. TBA

White could sneak past Leinart and Young in a few leagues. Another RB (Harrison, Drew, Calhoun) could move up if drafted by a team with an aging starter (NYG, JAX, NYJ, ATL).

I guess I'm going against the grain again this year (Had Jackson over everyone two years ago and Caddy last year even early when everyone was all over Brown). I like DeAngelo.

I really like the situation in Indy but in a dynasty I think I'd take Williams followed by Maroney. Not really sold on Addai being a good nfl running back.

I really like the situation in Indy but in a dynasty I think I'd take Williams followed by Maroney. Not really sold on Addai being a good nfl running back.
I pretty much agree.I happen to have the #2 and #5 in one league, and now find both choices much more difficult than I imagined.

2 - Williams/Maroney?

5 - White/VD/Holmes?

I got the #2. I went w/Maroney.

Foster just got the new deal. Dillon I believe is 32. Dillon was hurt last year just like Foster.

The contract for Foster took it over the top for me. I see RBBC in Carolina. Maroney's situation in NE is better.

I have the #2 in one league and I'm torn between Williams and Maroney. Probably go with Williams, I think he's the most talented of the bunch.

OZ in same boat...I happen to have the #2 and #5 in one league, and now find both choices much more difficult than I imagined.

I have the #2 and #3 and am otherwise very weak at RB and need to get a starter but can't stomach the thought of Addai over Williams/Maroney. In the end I don't think i'll be able to pull that trigger after seeing onterio smith over mcgahee/LJ and also Bennett over LT.

This should clear things up. Just say.....

eany, meany, miney......

Maroney :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's too much Addai love just because he's in a good situation. James was a top pick in that draft for a reason. I think the opportunity elevates Addai to a good level of production - not a great level.

Only problem I have with Malroney is he might not start this year while Addai could start before halfway through the year. When you have a franchise QB like Brady, Malroney better know how to block the blitzing LB'er. Addai is more well-rounded which is why I think he'll have the better chance to start sooner.

Only problem I have with Malroney is he might not start this year while Addai could start before halfway through the year.  When you have a franchise QB like Brady, Malroney better know how to block the blitzing LB'er.  Addai is more well-rounded which is why I think he'll have the better chance to start sooner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure, plus Corey Dillon isn't completely done yet, and Addai doesn't have anyone in front of him except Dominic Rhodes, a guy he should be able to beat out. I like Maroney long term, but Addai has a much better chance to start this year.

Addai    [ 34 ] 

Williams  [ 32 ]

I see the "situation over talent" vote is in effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never a good strategy in a dynasty league. I picked Maroney because I think he is more of a prototype NFL RB than D. Williams and in the long run I think his situation is better since Dillion is aging and cant see the Pats being so bad anytime soon they have to pass the ball all the time. While Foster is still young and signed a contract in the offseason and could share carries with Williams provided he can stay healthy.

In dynasty, always take talent over situation, and always take RB if there's a viable one, unless your scoring system dictates otherwise.

I think Williams is the best RB after Bush, so I go:

Bush

Williams

Marroney

White

Addai

Davis

Leinert

Young

this isn't even close williams hands down. this kid will be somthing special at the next level catches the ball, can run between the tackles and has the extra speed to bust it outside.

3 way tie right now between Williams, Maroney and Addai. LOL. Need more votes to start the next poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#2 pick lost a lot of value today. #4 pick gained a lot of value.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why has #4 gained value? Hasn't it lost value? With White slipping and Addai going to Indy doesn't that mean pick 5 gained some value and pick 4 lost value because ther isn't the big drop off after the top 4 backs?

Id agree 5 did gain the most value probably. If you thought there White was going to be in a spot to start you could say pick #4 lost value if you didnt think he was going to end up in a spot to start dont see how can think it didnt raise in value

3 way tie right now between Williams, Maroney and Addai. LOL. Need more votes to start the next poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why has #4 gained value? Hasn't it lost value? With White slipping and Addai going to Indy doesn't that mean pick 5 gained some value and pick 4 lost value because ther isn't the big drop off after the top 4 backs?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only if you need to trade from 4 to 5.Relative to the rest of the draft and veterans, I'd say 4 and 5 both gained.

You could make the argument that picks 4-8 gained value relative to what might have happened. Leinart in AZ, VY in TN, Davis in San fran... very nice IMO. No WRs really stand out though.

I have the 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 in my dynasty league. I'd love to add the 1.3 but can't be too selfish!

Time will tell b/w Williams and Moroney. Talentwise, I like DW... and it's not like Foster has been super productive in the last 5 years, so he's got just as good a shot as anyone.

And Addai is not a shoe in to start... Rhodes will carry the load early and, like Thomas Jones last year, has a great chance to prove himself in one heck of an offence. Addai will have to earn his stripes from the #2 spot, though he will be given great opportunities in sharing carries.

Lendale White simply has to be in the conversation as well. Beating out Brown/Henry is not a massive mountain to climb, especially for a guy with his potential who has a friend on the coaching staff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id say that lendale is pretty far off from the 1st 4.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: I have the #1 and #5 picks. I love my #5 pick because I will be able to get an RB with my pick and I see a huge dropoff between the 5th and 6th picks. I'm actually contemplating moving out of the #1 slot and grabbing either Maroney or Williams at #3, but I haven't made a deal yet.

Users who are viewing this thread