What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty ?: How big of a concern is...... (1 Viewer)

King of the Jungle

Footballguy
I think we all can admit that it is rare for a rookie QB (drafted in the 1st round) to walk into a better situation than Leinart did:

-great young wide receivers...check

-great youthful potential at TE...check

-pass happy coach...check

-great RB...check

I have heard two main criticisms of Matt:

1) arm strength

2) the hollywood spoiled brat personality

How much of a concern are these? I have heard many QBs put down due to their "arm strength", and many of those have turned out fine. Honestly, I have not seen Matt play enough to pass judgement. I am searching for college gurus to provide their opinion on this topic. Will his arm strength hinder him?

In regards to his personality: Is this a issue? I recall not being very impressed with his Rose Bowl postgame. Maybe he is a punk. Is he a hard working punk who will grow out of this?

Just looking for opinions. I think he has the potential to be the most FF friendly player out of this draft. Looking for insight.

Thanks

I think we all can admit that it is rare for a rookie QB (drafted in the 1st round) to walk into a better situation than Leinart did:

-great young wide receivers...check

-great youthful potential at TE...check

-pass happy coach...check

-great RB...check

I have heard two main criticisms of Matt:

1) arm strength

2) the hollywood spoiled brat personality

How much of a concern are these? I have heard many QBs put down due to their "arm strength", and many of those have turned out fine. Honestly, I have not seen Matt play enough to pass judgement. I am searching for college gurus to provide their opinion on this topic. Will his arm strength hinder him?

In regards to his personality: Is this a issue? I recall not being very impressed with his Rose Bowl postgame. Maybe he is a punk. Is he a hard working punk who will grow out of this?

Just looking for opinions. I think he has the potential to be the most FF friendly player out of this draft. Looking for insight.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I can't really disagree with your post. I think you are forgeting that the most important thing for young/rookie QBs are PROTECTION and keeping the playbook simple (the OC's responsibility). I'm not sure that Leinert has either of those things in 2007 and thus I am a bit concerned with all the love he is getting for his situation in Arz. There is a saying that you want to keep rookie QBs in a bubble. In other words, you have to do everything possible to protect them. This starts with simple reads and keeping them upright.

Last edited by a moderator:
it should help with the transition in that he basically has been running a pro style offense for past three years... he isn't a typical rookie in that respect...

i'm not sure if joe montana had a bazooka strapped to his shoulder, but he turned out pretty good.

he coulda been the #1 overall last year.. so basic transitive property would state his is better than Alex Smith? was Leinart's arm strength a scouting concern last year?

honestly cant think of better team for him to land to FF wise... definetly better than SF...

Users who are viewing this thread