What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Lee Evans owners (1 Viewer)

chocolate bomber

Footballguy
I'm thinking of taking peanuts for him. Staring down the barrel of Craig Nall, Holcomb or Losman and I can't see much at the end of the tunnel. I think Evans has Steve Smith-like motor and toughness and I've seen him make HUGE plays, but these QBs will kill me. Anyone in the same boat? I need to start him as a WR3 in a ppr league and I'm terrified. It will kill me to roster him for another entire season, only to see BUF take a QB in the 07 draft. Talk some sense into me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of taking peanuts for him.  Staring down the barrel of Craig Nall, Holcomb or Losman and I can't see much at the end of the tunnel.  I think Evans has Steve Smith-like motor and toughness and I've seen him make HUGE plays, but these QBs will kill me.  Anyone in the same boat?  I need to start him as a WR3 in a ppr league and I'm terrified.  It will kill me to roster him for another entire season, only to see BUF take a QB in the 07 draft.  Talk some sense into me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe he was WR32 last year, that's a WR3 (albeit not a great one) in a 12 team league. If you think it can't get any worse than last year, he's not that bad of an option.

Who else are they going to throw to there? Either way, the guys got talent, not a bad #3 WR in my opinion with great potential. He should put up solid #3 numbers. Don't do it.

If you take peanuts now, you may regret later. What kind of peanuts we talking?

I'm thinking of taking peanuts for him.  Staring down the barrel of Craig Nall, Holcomb or Losman and I can't see much at the end of the tunnel.  I think Evans has Steve Smith-like motor and toughness and I've seen him make HUGE plays, but these QBs will kill me.  Anyone in the same boat?  I need to start him as a WR3 in a ppr league and I'm terrified.  It will kill me to roster him for another entire season, only to see BUF take a QB in the 07 draft.  Talk some sense into me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You like his skill set, but don't like his QB.Say to yourself, "Buy low, sell high."

Repeat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're terrified that you have to start an up and coming 25 year old WR as your WR3. I think FF may be too stressful for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think that Holcomb is "that bad of a QB". IMO he has the job locked up in 06. So further means i like Evens as your number 3. I'd be happy to have him there.Junior

Who else are they going to throw to there?  Either way, the guys got talent, not a bad #3 WR in my opinion with great potential.  He should put up solid #3 numbers.  Don't do it. 

If you take peanuts now, you may regret later.  What kind of peanuts we talking?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I'm hoping that there's at least ONE other schmuck in my league that believes in him enough to risk two-three years of awful QB play. So far, looks like I'm the only one.

Who else are they going to throw to there?  Either way, the guys got talent, not a bad #3 WR in my opinion with great potential.  He should put up solid #3 numbers.  Don't do it. 

If you take peanuts now, you may regret later.  What kind of peanuts we talking?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I'm hoping that there's at least ONE other schmuck in my league that believes in him enough to risk two-three years of awful QB play. So far, looks like I'm the only one.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess it all depends on what you think you can get in return for him. Are you claiming that he's somewhat of a sell high candidate?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think that Holcomb is "that bad of a QB". IMO he has the job locked up in 06. So further means i like Evens as your number 3. I'd be happy to have him there.Junior

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evans numbers were lower while Moulds got most of the grabs with Holcomb in for one reason. Holcomb looks for the short, dumpoff routes. Moulds is a possession receiver, it made sense. He doesn't have the ability to throw deep which is where Evans is very valuable.

Lee Evans finished as a top-30 QB in each of the past 2 seasons. One season he had Bledsoe and the other he had the Losman/Holcomb mess. Doesn't seem like the QB had a huge impact on his numbers...although he was much more productive with Losman/Bledsoe (strong armed QBs who could throw the deep ball) than he was with Holcomb. Since I don't expect Holcomb to win the job, and since Evans will now be the #1 target in the Bills passing game, I think a top-20 finish is certainly possible.

No way would I part with this guy in a dynasty league. Young stud WRs can still be productive even with mediocre QB play. It's happened plenty of times in the past. Evans has already shown that he can make big plays with 16 TDs in 32 games. As the #1 target, double digit TDs is possible (although unlikely).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Evans numbers were lower while Moulds got most of the grabs with Holcomb in for one reason. Holcomb looks for the short, dumpoff routes. Moulds is a possession receiver, it made sense. He doesn't have the ability to throw deep which is where Evans is very valuable.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an Evans owner, I'm hoping that Losman can get his act together and end up the starter this year. It was Losman who was the QB when Evans had his 3 TD day, but I'm being realistic in expecting Holcomb to be the "safe" QB to let the defense win games.

This is when you want to trade for Evans.

He's the ONLY WR. Remember Moose? Bills QBs should throw at least 15tds. Evans is going to get 8-10 of those. He's a great big play WR. I think he's going to challenge for top 15 WR.

This is when you want to trade for Evans.

He's the ONLY WR. Remember Moose? Bills QBs should throw at least 15tds. Evans is going to get 8-10 of those. He's a great big play WR. I think he's going to challenge for top 15 WR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparantly many in my league agrees with this, being the time to buy.He's my #3 WR and a guy I'm looking at to be a top 20 this year, top 10 once Buffalo improves their OL and QB. Only problem is I expected them to address the OL this year, and they didn't do much there.

I just became a Lee Evans dynasty owner and I'm thrilled to have him on my squad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And a good he is and will be. Evans will be the clear #1 in Buff. He's fast, good hands and is learning to be a good route runner. He's improved his route running each year. He's a threat to go all the way every time he touches the ball.Sounds like the perfect WR for anyone's team. Redraft yes and dynasty absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread