What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got a headscratcher for IDP gurus--TEST YOUR MIGHT (1 Viewer)

sholditch

Footballguy
OK, very weird situation, but our IDP scoring has just been set after week 1. It was only for return DBs and they only scored if they scored a TD on the return (######ed I know). So, I drafted Bulluck thinking the scoring would change and when it didn't I dropped him for Terrence McGee. I now have the option of dropping McGee for Bulluck since I drafted him, but I have to do it before Friday. We only have one IDP slot. Question is, who is more valuable with the following scoring?

Defensive Fumble Recovered Pts: 3

Defensive TD Pts: 10

Award a bonus of 5 points for a DefTD between 60 and * yds

Forced Fumble Pts: 2

Interception Yards Pts:

Award a bonus of 3 points @ 50 IntYds

Award a bonus of 2 points @ 75 IntYds

Award a bonus of 2 points @ 100 IntYds

Interceptions Pts: 3

Sack Pts: 2

Award a bonus of 4 points @ 3 Sck

Award a bonus of 6 points @ 6 Sck

Safety Pts: 10

Tackle Pts: 1

Award a bonus of 5 points @ 10 Tckl

Award a bonus of 3 points @ 15 Tckl

Kick Return Yards Pts:

From 0 to 50 KRYds, award 1 points for every 25 KRYds

From 51 to 100 KRYds, award 1 points for every 20 KRYds

From 101 to 150 KRYds, award 1 points for every 15 KRYds

From 151 to 200 KRYds, award 1 points for every 10 KRYds

From 201 to * KRYds, award 1 points for every 5 KRYds

Punt Return Yards Pts:

From 0 to 50 PRYds, award 1 points for every 25 PRYds

From 51 to 100 PRYds, award 1 points for every 20 PRYds

From 101 to 150 PRYds, award 1 points for every 15 PRYds

From 151 to 200 PRYds, award 1 points for every 10 PRYds

From 201 to * PRYds, award 1 points for every 5 PRYds

Special Teams TD Pts: 7

Award a bonus of 3 points for a STTD between 40 and 60 yds

Award a bonus of 4 points for a STTD between 61 and 80 yds

Award a bonus of 5 points for a STTD between 81 and * yds

McGee had nine tackles (assists don't count) and 110 KR yards and finished with 13 points. Bulluck had 10 tackles and a fumble force which would equal 17 points. Had Bulluck gotten nine tackles, it would have been 11 points.

So, which performance is more likely to repeat? Seems like 110 KR yards is about right for McGee but nine tackles seems awfully high. However, Bulluck, in order to match his return yards, really needs to break 10 tackles. So, who's the better player in this system? (Bulluck broke ten tackles three times last season)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, very weird situation, but our IDP scoring has just been set after week 1. It was only for return DBs and they only scored if they scored a TD on the return (######ed I know). So, I drafted Bulluck thinking the scoring would change and when it didn't I dropped him for Terrence McGee. I now have the option of dropping McGee for Bulluck since I drafted him, but I have to do it before Friday. We only have one IDP slot. Question is, who is more valuable with the following scoring?Defensive Fumble Recovered Pts: 3Defensive TD Pts: 10Award a bonus of 5 points for a DefTD between 60 and * yds Forced Fumble Pts: 2Interception Yards Pts: Award a bonus of 3 points @ 50 IntYds Award a bonus of 2 points @ 75 IntYds Award a bonus of 2 points @ 100 IntYds Interceptions Pts: 3Sack Pts: 2Award a bonus of 4 points @ 3 Sck Award a bonus of 6 points @ 6 Sck Safety Pts: 10Tackle Pts: 1Award a bonus of 5 points @ 10 Tckl Award a bonus of 3 points @ 15 Tckl Kick Return Yards Pts: From 0 to 50 KRYds, award 1 points for every 25 KRYds From 51 to 100 KRYds, award 1 points for every 20 KRYds From 101 to 150 KRYds, award 1 points for every 15 KRYds From 151 to 200 KRYds, award 1 points for every 10 KRYds From 201 to * KRYds, award 1 points for every 5 KRYds Punt Return Yards Pts: From 0 to 50 PRYds, award 1 points for every 25 PRYds From 51 to 100 PRYds, award 1 points for every 20 PRYds From 101 to 150 PRYds, award 1 points for every 15 PRYds From 151 to 200 PRYds, award 1 points for every 10 PRYds From 201 to * PRYds, award 1 points for every 5 PRYds Special Teams TD Pts: 7Award a bonus of 3 points for a STTD between 40 and 60 yds Award a bonus of 4 points for a STTD between 61 and 80 yds Award a bonus of 5 points for a STTD between 81 and * yds McGee had nine tackles (assists don't count) and 110 KR yards and finished with 13 points. Bulluck had 10 tackles and a fumble force which would equal 17 points. Had Bulluck gotten nine tackles, it would have been 11 points.So, which performance is more likely to repeat? Seems like 110 KR yards is about right for McGee but nine tackles seems awfully high. However, Bulluck, in order to match his return yards, really needs to break 10 tackles. So, who's the better player in this system? (Bulluck broke ten tackles three times last season)
Guh, I'm too lazy to plug last year's numbers into that scoring system and account for every yardage bonus. I don't play in any leagues that award points for return yardage so I don't have a default plan. Unless somebody else can give you a more reasoned answer, it may be worth setting up a sham MFL league and running last year's stats through get a game by game and season totals. I don't think either guy will be too far off last year's totals.Bulluck is Bulluck. He'll be a solid play every week regardless of matchup. Nine tackles is a little high for McGee but he should stay as productive in the tackle column this year, especially in the new scheme. He has averaged 89 KR yards a game over the past two seasons. Obviously, he's had bigger games than others.But purely on averages, your scoring system gives a 4pt cushion to McGee before you begin to account for tackles. That's going to be pretty hard to make up I'd think. But I'll defer to others with more experience. If you get the time I'd run 'em through MFL if last year's scoring information isn't already available to you.ETA: :thumbdown: on changing scoring after season starts.

I'm in total agreement. But nonetheless this is a money league and dem's da breaks. Tough call here, but if you think McGee's tackles will be in the 6-9 range per game, plus the four point cushion from the return yards, I might just keep him in, especially with the possibilityof him taking one to the house every game. Since there's only one per team and 12 teams in the league, I imagine Bulluck or someone like him will be available (I can't imagine that anyone will be taking Ryans, who could post 10+ in a lot more games this year)

Any other gurus wanna take a crack?

Bulluck is a no brainer in deciding between these two - in virtually every scenario except for YOUR scoring system.

I can't believe I am actually recommending McGee over Bulluck.

Why was a scoring change allowed after the start of the season (or even after the draft)?

My league pulled the same crap. After the draft it was agreed that qbs thrown ints were -2. During Sunday's game, the commissioner sends out a request to all league members to vote whether ints should be -1 or -2. I responded that since we drafted under the premise that they were -2 and the seson had already begun (note this was after the early games) that we should stick with -2 and if a change was made it would have to be for next year.

The league then proceeded to vote 7-5 that it should be -1. Our commish then said it would be -2 for Week 1, then revert to -1 for the remainder of the season since that is how the league voted.

I hate rule changes after the draft. Pure BS.

I'd take McGee in this system. It's close, and he's probably favored on overall scoring by a hair.

The real reason is that I think he's unique. If he has a game where gets a PR/KR to the house with big yards and has nice normal stats, he's a great sell high candidate for the "wow" factor, since he's consistently good, and then just went "boom" - and he's got a track record of doing it.

Bulluck is a great LB, but what differentiates him from the other great LB's? Hard to quantify him as different/better when he's not unique.

Thanks all. Just to clarify the commish couldn't figure out how to score IDPs before the draft, and basically said that we would try and figure it out. Well, after the first week somehow he figures it out. Anyway, I am keeping McGee and just needed someone to push me over. Thanks fellas. Your point about McGee being a unique player and Bulluck not is a good one. If Jene's right about the new scheme meaning more tackles, throw in about 100 KR yards per and maybe 5-6 ints this season, and I think I've got a sure ten points. Since there are only 12 IDPs off the board at any one time, I feel safe that I can pick up Ryans or someone else to make up for it if McGee falls way behind.

Users who are viewing this thread