What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good news for Alexander owners (1 Viewer)

Kleck

Footballguy
Link

Wonderful news. Yes, Hutchinson is gone, and now another starter is out for several weeks. However, those of that have been paying attention to this can assure you it's good news. Spencer was riding the pine after being selected in the first round all last year. Problem was that C Robbie Tobeck wasn't slowing down, he was actually playing the best ball of his career, and continues to do so. Holmgren opted to let good guy Floyd Porkchop Womack have a shot at the vacated LG spot (see ya Hutch). Womack was a huge disappointment. Spencer has a chance to be special. Easily the best interior lineman in the draft last year. He had an immediate impact in the game yesterday playing very well. I expect this to be a big boost for Alexander and the Seattle offense.

The homer in me says :thumbup: .

When Womack was still in the game, Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett had eight of his team-high 12 tackles -- including a sack of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and two tackles of running back Shaun Alexander behind the line of scrimmage.
EDIT: Wish they would have just made the switch without Womack getting hurt. He genuinely seems to be a nice guy and wouldn't wish injury on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had been wondering all along why Spencer wasn't starting.

was he a disappointment last year?

i recall last year keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills would have drafted him.

i had been wondering all along why Spencer wasn't starting.was he a disappointment last year?i recall last year keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills would have drafted him.
He wasn't really a disappointment so much as the incumbents were playing so well. Womack has been such a fixture as the 6th man of this unit for so long I think they felt they needed to give him a shot at starting. They tried and it went poorly. I'm sure they feel lucky to have gone 2-0 during the trial period.

Good info your Shickness!

I think Spencer brings quicker feet and a chip on his shoulder to the line. Hopefully he has his assignments down and we can start seeing the team bully the defensive line of the opposition once again.

Good info your Shickness!I think Spencer brings quicker feet and a chip on his shoulder to the line. Hopefully he has his assignments down and we can start seeing the team bully the defensive line of the opposition once again.
I'd just like to see a 100-yard game for starters. :shrug:

Good info your Shickness!I think Spencer brings quicker feet and a chip on his shoulder to the line. Hopefully he has his assignments down and we can start seeing the team bully the defensive line of the opposition once again.
I'd just like to see a 100-yard game for starters. :shrug:
You might not get it until week six. I do see three TDs in the next two weeks though.

Link

Wonderful news. Yes, Hutchinson is gone, and now another starter is out for several weeks. However, those of that have been paying attention to this can assure you it's good news. Spencer was riding the pine after being selected in the first round all last year. Problem was that C Robbie Tobeck wasn't slowing down, he was actually playing the best ball of his career, and continues to do so. Holmgren opted to let good guy Floyd Porkchop Womack have a shot at the vacated LG spot (see ya Hutch). Womack was a huge disappointment. Spencer has a chance to be special. Easily the best interior lineman in the draft last year. He had an immediate impact in the game yesterday playing very well. I expect this to be a big boost for Alexander and the Seattle offense.

The homer in me says :thumbup: .

When Womack was still in the game, Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett had eight of his team-high 12 tackles -- including a sack of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and two tackles of running back Shaun Alexander behind the line of scrimmage.
EDIT: Wish they would have just made the switch without Womack getting hurt. He genuinely seems to be a nice guy and wouldn't wish injury on him.
Thanks for the information Shick. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread