What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Predictions for the 2007 Season (1 Viewer)

JMJ

Footballguy
John Maine will be a "stud" pitcher by years end with 15 wins, an era a shade over 3.00, and a whip around 1.25.

Carlos Beltran will hit 40 HRs again but also steal 32 bases this season.

Mark Teahan will hit 28-30 HRs, and both score/drive in 100 runs.

Chuck James from the Braves will be the most underappreciated pitcher in the NL.

Washington Nationals SS Cristian Guzman will be owned in 100% of fantasy leagues after the 2nd month of the season.

Josh Bard will put up top 5-10 catchers' numbers.

Curt Schilling will be almost as dominant as the Curt Schilling of old.

Adrian Beltre and Eric Byrnes will be HUGE VALUES compared to where they were drafted and will both have very good seasons.

Animal Sanchez (not a misprint) will be just that. And while his wins may not be overly impressive playing in FLA, he will get double digits and post fantastic whip and era numbers.

Octavio Dotel will have a great season closing for the Royals as they will hover around the 75 win platue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Kinsler has more value than Michael Young

Henry Owens takes over as the closer for the Marlins

Khalil Greene busts out finally in 2007

Rich Harden stays healthy and puts up just sick numbers to win the AL Cy Young

Ozzie Guillen gets punched

Ryan Madson takes over as closer for the Phillies when Gordon's arm falls off.

Hunter Pence takes over as the CF for the Astros sooner than later.

Pujols wins the NL Triple Crown and falls short of the MLB Triple Crown by .15 points in average to Joe Mauer.

John Maine will be a "stud" pitcher by years end with 15 wins, an era a shade over 3.00, and a whip around 1.25.

Chuck James from the Braves will be the most underappreciated pitcher in the NL.

Washington Nationals SS Cristian Guzman will be owned in 100% of fantasy leagues after the 2nd month of the season.

Adrian Beltre and Eric Byrnes will be HUGE VALUES compared to where they were drafted and will both have very good seasons.

Animal Sanchez (not a misprint) will be just that. And while his wins may not be overly impressive playing in FLA, he will get double digits and post fantastic whip and era numbers.

Octavio Dotel will have a great season closing for the Royals as they will hover around the 75 win platue.
You may convince me on the rest, but I'd bet $250 against this one.

Barry Bonds hits 90 homeruns.....in 115 games.

Flames shoot from his fingertip each time he points to the sky as he crosses homeplate.

I'll get on the Harden bandwagon and add these

BJ Upton will be a top 5 2B

Jake Peavy will visit Dr James Andrews

Alex Rios will go 30/100/100/25

Russell Martin will be a bust

Bonds plays 140 games and hits 45HRs

NL winners

Cy Young - Randy Johnson

MVP - Beltran

Rookie Of The Year - Chris Young (OF ARIZ)

AL winners

Cy Young - Harden

MVP - Papi

Rookie Of The Year - John Danks (SP CHW) :lmao: It will probably be Alex Gordon

This Harden over Santana for CY Young talk is laughable. Let's see Harden make 125 innings before handing him a Cy Young.

This Harden over Santana for CY Young talk is laughable. Let's see Harden make 125 innings before handing him a Cy Young.
But if he's healthy all year, and that is a big IF, he is definitely in the mix. Probably #2 on my list to Johan, which might give it to him if the A's win the division.

Octavio Dotel will have a great season closing for the Royals as they will hover around the 75 win plateau.
Are you a KC fan? If not, this is the first time I have seen someone actually talk about the Royals and know what they are talking about.I will add two KC predictions....

1. Alex Gordon wins AL ROY over Dice-K

2. Zach Greinke wins AL Comback POY with 17 wins, a 3.6 ERA and a WHIP of around 1.20

Octavio Dotel will have a great season closing for the Royals as they will hover around the 75 win plateau.
Are you a KC fan? If not, this is the first time I have seen someone actually talk about the Royals and know what they are talking about.I will add two KC predictions....

1. Alex Gordon wins AL ROY over Dice-K

2. Zach Greinke wins AL Comback POY with 17 wins, a 3.6 ERA and a WHIP of around 1.20
Mets fan, but I'll happily accept the compliment and add in that I took Greinke with my last round pick in both my drafts this year. :lmao: **Edited to add**

I have Greinke penciled in for a 3.95 era and a whip around 1.27 but with 13-14 wins and some really good K numbers.

But if he's healthy all year, and that is a big IF, he is definitely in the mix. Probably #2 on my list to Johan, which might give it to him if the A's win the division.
Harden won't even be the best pitcher on his own team this year unless he rebounds like a mthrfkr.

Harden won't even be the best pitcher on his own team this year unless he rebounds like a mthrfkr.
It's ok to disagree. :lmao:

Aramis Ramirez hits 50 HR

Dice K violates a FCC monopoly rule on Baseball Tonight airtime.

Frank Thomas hits <15 HR

Ben Sheets WHIP <.90

Brad Ausmus 0 GIDP 1-2-3 with bases loaded and no outs

It's ok to disagree. :shrug:
Listen, i was a huge Harden fan prior to the arm transplant but he's hardly pitched since 2004. He's got a lot to prove that he can resurrect himself like Halladay did.

Felix Hernandez wins the AL Cy Young

Delmon Young and Mike Piazza each hit 30 homeruns

Matt Garza strikes out 180

Ryan Howard hits less than 30 homeruns

Albert Pujols hits more than 60 homeruns

Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's record

Barry Zito sucks it up for the Giants

Matt Cain dominates for the Giants

Mariano Rivera gets traded in his contract year to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton or Steven Drew

Alex Rodriguez gets traded to the Angels for Ervin Santana and more

Alfonso Soriano wins a gold glove in centerfield for the Cubs

Kerry Wood saves 20 games for the Cubs

Mark Prior wins 15 games in the minors

Jose Reyes wins the NL MVP

Ichiro Suzuki leaves Seattle after the season and signs with the Red Sox

Chris Young wins the NL Rookie of the Year

John Patterson wins 20 games for Washington.

Ryan Zimmerman puts up numbers that the NY media wishes David Wright was putting up.

Matt Murton goes for 25-100-.298

Braden Looper will win 15 games as a starter.

Zito wins NL Cy Young

Devil Rays clear 81 wins.

Jose Vidro returns to form.

Carl Crawford wins the AL MVP .311 130-33-102-64

Roy Halladay wins AL Cy Young (finally stays healthy) 22-7 2.78

Brett Myers wins NL Cy Young 21-11 3.23

Carlos Lee wins NL MVP .318 110-49-145-21

A-Rod opts out of contract and signs with Red Sox

Bonds DOES NOT BREAK Hammerin' Hanks record and his head shrinks 2 sizes

Phillies beat Red Sox in WS

Guys I'm trying to trade for:

Maine, Greinke, Loewen and Adam Miller.

Also think D. Wheeler will be closing by the end of April.

John Maine will be a "stud" pitcher by years end with 15 wins, an era a shade over 3.00, and a whip around 1.25. Off to a great start

Carlos Beltran will hit 40 HRs again but also steal 32 bases this season. Off to a great start

Mark Teahan will hit 28-30 HRs, and both score/drive in 100 runs. No HRs as of yet but the prediction was only 28-30 so I'm not really behind any type of curve here

Chuck James from the Braves will be the most underappreciated pitcher in the NL. Off to a great start

Washington Nationals SS Cristian Guzman will be owned in 100% of fantasy leagues after the 2nd month of the season. A hamstring injury on opening day has him on the DL for another 3 weeks or so

Josh Bard will put up top 5-10 catchers' numbers. Off to a great start

Curt Schilling will be almost as dominant as the Curt Schilling of old. Bad start

Adrian Beltre and Eric Byrnes will be HUGE VALUES compared to where they were drafted and will both have very good seasons. 50/50 here as Byrnes has been great but Beltre has been terrible

Animal Sanchez (not a misprint) will be just that. And while his wins may not be overly impressive playing in FLA, he will get double digits and post fantastic whip and era numbers. Bad start

Octavio Dotel will have a great season closing for the Royals as they will hover around the 75 win platue. Yet to pitch yet this year but will be coming off the DL in another week or so
Very, VERY early to even do this but I'm board on a Friday morning.

Ian Kinsler has more value than Michael Young

Henry Owens takes over as the closer for the Marlins

Khalil Greene busts out finally in 2007

Rich Harden stays healthy and puts up just sick numbers to win the AL Cy Young

Ozzie Guillen gets punched

Ryan Madson takes over as closer for the Phillies when Gordon's arm falls off.

Hunter Pence takes over as the CF for the Astros sooner than later.
Pretty solid here.

Jermaine Dye gets the MVP he deserved last season.
:mellow:
We'll keep getting things like this until people realize career years are not usually followed up by career years, especially when they happen to players over 30. Dye will never come close to '06 again, never ever again. Fantasy bust was written on this guy's forehead this year.

I'll get on the Harden bandwagon and add these UGH

BJ Upton will be a top 5 2B Looking Good

Jake Peavy will visit Dr James Andrews There's Still Time, but what a start for this guyAlex Rios will go 30/100/100/25

Russell Martin will be a bust ugh

Bonds plays 140 games and hits 45HRs On pace

NL winners

Cy Young - Randy Johnson Rounding into form, but Peavy is easily the frontrunner right now

MVP - Beltran Looking Good

Rookie Of The Year - Chris Young (OF ARIZ) Looking Good

AL winners

Cy Young - Harden I SAID UGH!!!!!

MVP - Papi Probably Mags right now

Rookie Of The Year - John Danks (SP CHW) :thumbup: Pitched better than record shows It will probably be Alex Gordon :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread