What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just drew 14th pick out of 14 for 3rd straight year (1 Viewer)

not such a bad pick.

got the following at that spot in a 14 team mock (te req) on antsports after 6 rounds...

1. t.henry

2. e. james

3. j. walker

4. tj. housh

5. m. leinart

6. t. heap

(1/14)*(1/14)*(1/14)=1/2744.

Junior high stuff there. Odds are greater someone is deliberately screwing you. Are you a jerk?

Last edited by a moderator:
not such a bad pick.got the following at that spot in a 14 team mock (te req) on antsports after 6 rounds...1. t.henry2. e. james3. j. walker4. tj. housh5. m. leinart6. t. heap
Wow thats kinda late for Travis Henry. I drafted him #6 overall on Friday and if I had the #3 pick overall I would have took him there.

Actually the odds are 1:2743 because the definition of odds is favorable:unfavorable. The probability is 1:2744. :goodposting:

(1/14)*(1/14)*(1/14)=1/2744.Junior high stuff there. Odds are greater someone is deliberately screwing you. Are you a jerk?
I try to be a jerk as much as I can but this league thrives on that. All a bunch of trash talkers. We actually fly or drive to a different location across the nation each year for the draft. Last year was Atlanta and this year is Vegas baby! The year before that was Chicago. Normally we have around 9 or 10 of the 14 owners that are able to attend each year. I trust the commish 100% and was just wondering what the odds were on this happening. As for the draft slot, it doesn't really matter to me. I've made the playoffs the previous two years from the 14 slot. The year before those I had #1 overall and missed the playoffs. :goodposting:

But actually, this year your odds of getting it again were 1:14. You can lose money in roulette thinking black or red is due...
Yes, but he said "What are the odds of getting it 3 years in a row." He didn't say "What are the odds of drawing 14 this year, considering I had it each of the previous two years."

depends on your individual odds each year
LOLJunior high stuff huh?But actually, this year your odds of getting it again were 1:14. You can lose money in roulette thinking black or red is due...
:lmao: OP didn't say if he had a weighted lottery or not.
If it were a weighted lottery than OP would have said it was a weighted lottery :lmao:
Exactly, I think it is/was a safe assumption to think it was an even draw.Most draft orders are either random draw with all teams even, or no draw at all based on previous year's standings.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/2744 is correct for a specific individual drawing 14 three times in a row, but it's only 1/196 for someone in the league drawing 14 three times in a row. Or, to look at it another way, it's 1/196 for you drawing a number three times in a row; it's only 1/2744 if you choose a specific number before your first pick.

I rarely see leagues setup where someone draws a number 1 thru 14. It's usually a random number between 1-1000 or dice rolls. I4 would seem easier than 1:2744 to get as it's the lowest remaining number.

I rarely see leagues setup where someone draws a number 1 thru 14. It's usually a random number between 1-1000 or dice rolls. I4 would seem easier than 1:2744 to get as it's the lowest remaining number.
No. As long as the method of determining who gets what pick is random, you have a 1 in 14 chance of getting any individual result, no matter if it was a d1000 or drawing from a hat.CalBears is right though that the odds of it happening to "someone" in the league are only 1 in 196, as opposed to it happening to just you. There are 1:1: odds that someone gets the 14 in the first year, so all that remains is to compute the odds of it happening to that individual, whoever he is, twice more in a row, which is 14^2.

No. As long as the method of determining who gets what pick is random, you have a 1 in 14 chance of getting any individual result, no matter if it was a d1000 or drawing from a hat.CalBears is right though that the odds of it happening to "someone" in the league are only 1 in 196, as opposed to it happening to just you. There are 1:1: odds that someone gets the 14 in the first year, so all that remains is to compute the odds of it happening to that individual, whoever he is, twice more in a row, which is 14^2.
It's actually 1:0 odds.Sorry, I'm just a nit that way.

Users who are viewing this thread