What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gore or Parker at 5? Or Someone Else? (1 Viewer)

BStiggs

Footballguy
I'm picking 5th in the first year for a Keeper League. I'm really leaning towards Willie Parker but I'm not too crazy about his schedule during the playoffs(vs JAX, @ STL,@ BAL). Obviously I'm not worried about the STL game but the other two scare me. Everyone has been blowing up Gore to be the next great back but I'm not convinced. Gore's hand is already broken and he's had significant injuries in the past. I can't imagine Darrell Jackson staying healthy an entire season resulting in more eight man fronts for Gore. Alex Smith is mediocre at best and the Niners don't have the talent on offense compared to the Steelers. My gut tells me Gore will screw me yet everyone that I trust keeps leaning towards him. Someone CONVINCE me who to take at 5!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a one keeper league and have to decide to keep either Parker or Gore (have to let Steve Smith and T.O. go too, yep I won). So I will be interested in thoughts here.

I'm picking 5th in the first year for a Keeper League. I'm really leaning towards Willie Parker but I'm not too crazy about his schedule during the playoffs(vs JAX, @ STL,@ BAL). Obviously I'm not worried about the STL game but the other two scare me. Everyone has been blowing up Gore to be the next great back but I'm not convinced. Gore's hand is already broken and he's had significant injuries in the past. I can't imagine Darrell Jackson staying healthy an entire season resulting in more eight man fronts for Gore. Alex Smith is mediocre at best and the Niners don't have the talent on offense compared to the Steelers. My gut tells me Gore will screw me yet everyone that I trust keeps leaning towards Gore. Someone CONVINCE me who to take at 5!!
He broke the middle finger bone in his hand.... It won't be an issue....

Users who are viewing this thread