What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 weird stat? Trivia (1 Viewer)

Qmaster

Footballguy
Something has happened in Week 1 that may have never happened before in the NFL.........

Can you guess what it is? Hint: It involves scoring :thumbup:

And it isn't something "obscure", very noticeable :popcorn:

Q

QB's with 3 or more TD passes.

Either that or total number of TD passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
a team out gains another team by almost 300 yards and needs every last second to kick a field goal to win it :football:

Here's one that someone threw out on our league's message board.

WR Braylon Edwards CLE

3 receptions

3 tackles

:rant:

Longest time into the first Sunday before the first rushing TD was scored? I swear it was like 1:30 or something when one finally got in.

Or maybe just fewest rushing TDs in Week 1?

No RB had more than 1 rushing TD. Of course the week isn't over yet, so if this is the answer, it's a little premature.

No RB had more than 1 rushing TD. Of course the week isn't over yet, so if this is the answer, it's a little premature.
Even better. No RB had more than 1 touchdown rushing and receiving combined. Only LT had a hand in more than 1 TD. If you don't count TD passes as TD's scored, then no RB scored more than 1 TD.

More season and career ending injuries on opening week ever?I guarantee you that is a record
I don't think this is an accurate statement (but can't think of who/when) and feel that you need to support a statement like that with specifics. If you guarantee it then back it up.

We have a WINNER....doughboydelux!

Yes we arent done with games yet, but no RB has scored more than 1 TD in Week 1 (that includes rushing or receiving) (although LT did throw for 1 and rush 1)

Regarding the stat-buster SNF game, QBs throwing for 300 yds and 4 TDs has happened many times, recently in 2004 WEEK 3 - Indy vs GB Favre 360 yds + 4 TD's Peyton Manning 393 yds + 5 TD's

Q

So basically we're saying that in arguably the worst game of his career, Tomlinson still accounts for twice as many TDs as any other RB.

(I think I love him.)

smcindoe said:
So basically we're saying that in arguably the worst game of his career, Tomlinson still accounts for twice as many TDs as any other RB.(I think I love him.)
How was that "arguably the worst game of his career"? He rushed 17 times for 25 yards and 1 TD against the toughest defense in the league on Sunday. He rushed 17 times for 7 yards and 0 TDs against a solid-but-unspectacular Philadelphia defense in 2005. He also had 7/51 receiving Sunday and 4/26 receiving against Philly, and he had that passing score on Sunday, to boot.Or what about week 1 of 2003, when he went 13/34/0 rushing against Kansas City and one of the most porous run defenses in recent memory? Heck, it's probably not even his worst game of the last 365 days- he had 6 fewer total yards against Pittsburgh last season, and no TDs to make up for it.

Something has happened in Week 1 that may have never happened before in the NFL.........

Can you guess what it is? Hint: It involves scoring :shrug:

And it isn't something "obscure", very noticeable :shrug:

Q
Do we know if it ever happened before? If so, this isn't that fascinating...

SSOG said:
smcindoe said:
So basically we're saying that in arguably the worst game of his career, Tomlinson still accounts for twice as many TDs as any other RB.(I think I love him.)
How was that "arguably the worst game of his career"?
Read the post again and tell me if you still want to argue about this.

Users who are viewing this thread