What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady Quinn (1 Viewer)

Doug Drinen

I understand that Brady Quinn isn't the only difference between Notre Dame 2006 and Notre Dame 2007, but it's not like they lost a slew of 1st- and 2nd-round picks from last year's team.

If this season continues to go the way it's going for the Irish, should that cause us to reevaluate what Quinn did in his last two years there?

I don't think what 1998 Tenn did should have caused us to reevaluate what Manning did there.

Of course, that only proves that a team's follow up performance doesn't have to signal anything. It might signal something more often than not.

I think losing Maurice Stovall, Jeff Samardjiza, Darius Walker, and Rhema McKnight on offense along with Quinn and some of the O-Line (The O-Line play was atrocious today) hurts just a bit too :wink:

I think Quinn benefited from the tutelage of Weis and that'll show in the NFL eventually. Early 1st round draft picks may be bumped up slightly due to the talent around them but I think it's the rare case of the surrounding talent outweighing the individual talent (ignoring injuries/mental factors leading to busting in the NFL).

I think losing Maurice Stovall, Jeff Samardjiza, Darius Walker, and Rhema McKnight on offense along with Quinn and some of the O-Line (The O-Line play was atrocious today) hurts just a bit too :wink:I think Quinn benefited from the tutelage of Weis and that'll show in the NFL eventually. Early 1st round draft picks may be bumped up slightly due to the talent around them but I think it's the rare case of the surrounding talent outweighing the individual talent (ignoring injuries/mental factors leading to busting in the NFL).
Maurice Stovall didn't play with Quinn's ND last season.I think this line of thought does hold some merit.I actually think Brady Quinn will be an excellent NFL player.

As a lay college football watcher (wouldnt even call me a fan, but I will watch a couple games a year, follow it loosely and check on potential fantasy studs) you bring up a very good point. Maybe there is more to Quinn than some (like me) gave him credit for.

I don't think what 1998 Tenn did should have caused us to reevaluate what Manning did there.
11-2 -----> 13-0 is not the same as 10-3 ----> 0-12.
Agreed. The FI's offense today was disgusting. I'm still firmly in the Russell >>> Quinn camp, though.
I think most people agree that Russell willbe a better NFL QB than Quinn.But many people are also tagging Quinn with the "Bust" label while I think he will excel in the NFL.

Yes...I bashed him as much as anybody but after watching him in the preseason and after seeing the debacle in South Bend I'm more than willing to admit I could be wrong.

Yes, without a doubt its crystal clear that not only does Notre Dame suck without him, but so do the Browns. Whatever these idiots in Cleveland are waiting for I will never know. Oh, right, theyre protecting his best interests. they dont want him to end up just another Tim Couch. Yeah, I almost forgot. And its a shame because these next 2 games would be ideal training ground for Quinn. At home against that vaunted Bengals D and a nice road game against Oakland. But of course he just doesnt know enough plays. That guy could only know 4 plays right now, and Im put him in. Just remember, Quinn IS going to be a fantasy factor down the stretch.

:hophead:

f

Last edited by a moderator:
11-2 -----> 13-0 is not the same as 10-3 ----> 0-12.
Agreed. The FI's offense today was disgusting. I'm still firmly in the Russell >>> Quinn camp, though.
I think most people agree that Russell willbe a better NFL QB than Quinn.But many people are also tagging Quinn with the "Bust" label while I think he will excel in the NFL.
Actually, I've always been in the Russell = BUST camp.As for ND 2007, the thing that really stands out is how horrible the line play has been. Now some of that is on the QBs not calling the right protections when there are obvious blitzers, but in general the ND line has been getting man handled both in the run and pass games. ND wasnt that good last year, and they lost seemingly everyone with a spec of talent on offense, so I wouldnt re evaluate Quinn at this point. I still think he'll be an average NFL starter.

I think the OL in ND today is atrocious; that's the big difference.
They didn't exactly lose studs. Harris and Santucci are solid, but not spectacular. I've thought Quinn could do well before, but seeing ND this bad makes me more of a believer. In FF, Russell probably > Quinn, but as a NFL QB, I think Quinn will be better.

fellas the Oline talk is all true, but this team hasnt scored a TD in 3 games. not a single offensive TD. Quinn had something like 70 the past 2 years. Bad Oline or not, the guy's importance/value just continue to get overlooked by so many out there its not funny.

I think losing Maurice Stovall, Jeff Samardjiza, Darius Walker, and Rhema McKnight on offense along with Quinn and some of the O-Line (The O-Line play was atrocious today) hurts just a bit too :wink:I think Quinn benefited from the tutelage of Weis and that'll show in the NFL eventually. Early 1st round draft picks may be bumped up slightly due to the talent around them but I think it's the rare case of the surrounding talent outweighing the individual talent (ignoring injuries/mental factors leading to busting in the NFL).
Stovall- gone two years ago- 3rd round pickSamardjiza- Tough to say where he would have been draftedRyan Harris- 3rd round pickSantucci- 7th Round draft pickDarius Walker- UndraftedRhema McKnight- UndraftedNot really that much talent.

its funny how much of a genius Charlie Weiss looks like with guys like Tom Brady and Brady Quinn, but without them, and with an 0-3 team that's been outscored something like 110-13 in 3 games, all of a sudden he kinda just looks like a big fat guy with a bad haircut.

how are Browns fans NOT voicing their opinions louder over all of this?? its like they dont mind losing or something.

how are Browns fans NOT voicing their opinions louder over all of this?? its like they dont mind losing or something.
They don't anymore. They wake up and expect to lose. My buddy looked at me one day and said, "all I would like in my lifetime is to wake up and expect the Browns to win a game." It's that bad and it's why they should start Quinn to give hope to those poor souls.

The owner has already basically said he doesn't care about getting to the playoffs if there is no chance to win the Super Bowl, and that's playing into his decision to keep Quinn on the bench. Oh well I guess Browns fans will just have to keep waiting.. as bad as this owner is, we'll take it over the antichrist Modell.

The only way Browns fans could be louder is if we descended on Berea and demanded Romeo's head on a platter over his handling of the QB situation this year. I believe the "Brady! Brady!" chats started at 1:30 seconds into the first quarter of the first game.Jets fans got nothin on us.

The only way Browns fans could be louder is if we descended on Berea and demanded Romeo's head on a platter over his handling of the QB situation this year. I believe the "Brady! Brady!" chats started at 1:30 seconds into the first quarter of the first game.Jets fans got nothin on us.
:goodposting:

rabidfireweasel said:
Stovall- gone two years ago- 3rd round pickSamardjiza- Tough to say where he would have been draftedRyan Harris- 3rd round pickSantucci- 7th Round draft pickDarius Walker- UndraftedRhema McKnight- UndraftedNot really that much talent.
I have to admit that it is an eye-opener to see how pathetic the Irish have looked without Quinn at the helm. However it is difficult for a freshman quarterback to play at the best of times but impossible when the OL is revamped and playing terrible, starting RB gone, best receivers gone and playing QB after a legend in Brady Quinn. Quinn has definitely grown in my eyes following the Irish start but not so much that I am sold on his pro career.The question really is, "how well would the Irish have done last year if Quinn wasn't there and a freshman quarterback was thrust into the limelight? I am guessing the Irish would be playing much better football than they are this season.

:bow: So true.

:wall:

quinn was a fine college QB, but he also had McKnight, Jeff S and Darius Walker.

All of these guys are gone, how you expect anything less than suckage from ND this year?

Users who are viewing this thread