What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another Hackett thread... (1 Viewer)

pack66

Footballguy
Just want to know if he's suitable as a WR3 this week.

Thanks, J.

btw, searched for this in the Sea/Cle game thread, just saw that he had a couple catches and a TD...wondering how he looked.

Starting at SE. Missed some snaps late in the game since it was his first game back and he was tired. Shouldn't happen much, if at all this week. Engram starts at FL and moves to slot for 3 WR sets.

I'm starting him over Steve Smith. I say that every week and end up not doing it, but after starting Smith over Hackett and Jennings last week and losing by 5, I've been burned for the last time. No thanks - Hall makes that too much risk...

Starting at SE. Missed some snaps late in the game since it was his first game back and he was tired. Shouldn't happen much, if at all this week. Engram starts at FL and moves to slot for 3 WR sets.
pardon the hijack, but what happens to Engram when Deion Branch returns?

He will still play slot. With Seattle vowing to throw more, he will be on the field a lot.

JaxBill said:
mad sweeney said:
He goes back to his slot position where he excels. There's a big reason he slips back to the slot in 3 WR sets now, because he's a genius there and catches ridiculous amounts of 1st downs. With Branch back I think it unlikely that Engram will see many 100 yard games but I don't doubt that he will be heavily involved still.

Alright, so when all three are on the field, which will have the most value in a standard non-PPR league? Based on the posts here and in other threads, I'd rank them as Hackett being the most valuable due to TD potential, Branch next for yardage, and Engram last. That sound right?

Alright, so when all three are on the field, which will have the most value in a standard non-PPR league? Based on the posts here and in other threads, I'd rank them as Hackett being the most valuable due to TD potential, Branch next for yardage, and Engram last. That sound right?
If Branch is healthy I think he'll easily be the top fantasy WR regardless of the scoring system. The No. 1 WR in a Holmgren offense has huge potential and Branch has that role. He was putting up huge numbers before he got hurt (excluding the Week 1 aberration). The question is when will Branch be healthy again?

Who knows when all three will be on the field. That order sounds right as a "best guess", but Branch and Hackett could easily flip flop each week for highest points. Right now I'd stick with Hackett since Branch doesn't sound like he's going to be back this week and then who knows... I'd value Hackett and Engram equal for now with Hackett coming on stronger as the RZ threat as games go by.

If Branch is healthy I think he'll easily be the top fantasy WR regardless of the scoring system. The No. 1 WR in a Holmgren offense has huge potential and Branch has that role. He was putting up huge numbers before he got hurt (excluding the Week 1 aberration). The question is when will Branch be healthy again?
Game time decision, Monday night.....not looking good for this week. He basically hasn't played since week 4. So maybe two or three good weeks before the playoffs on the good side....he's taking a roster spot since week 4, its getting old. Hackett will do (dropped muhsin for him), and I don't think he is that much of a downgrade from a healthy Branch, at least not with the matchups Sea has coming up. SF, CHI, STL.....

So if someone had a chance to get Engram or Hackett for a week 10 fill-in for their Patriots' WRs they should grab Hackett?
If you're sure Branch isn't playing Engram is an easy call for just this week, IMO.
Either of them are. Hackett came in and was immediately the RZ target (2 targets/1TD) and obviously Bobby was the go to guy. I expect as Hackett gets more in game shape he'll be more involved. Shouldn't go wrong with either of them.

Forgive my ignorance.....

Is Hackett completely healthy now?

I drafted Hackett and S.Moss ( :bye: ). I dropped Hackett when he was hurt, but Moss is just gathering dust on my bench. Maybe it's time to switch back.

Texican said:
Forgive my ignorance.....Is Hackett completely healthy now? I drafted Hackett and S.Moss ( :bs: ). I dropped Hackett when he was hurt, but Moss is just gathering dust on my bench. Maybe it's time to switch back.
Played last week and caught 6 balls and a TD. As far as I can tell, the only question is whether his conditioning is all the way back.

I just picked up Hackett off the wire to start this week. Even if Branch does return this week, Seattle is going to utilize the passing game this week, and ALL Seattle WRs are nice plays this week.

i'm starting both Hacket and engram...ha, worked out well last week, should work out well again this week...

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the current status for Walt Harris as he didnt play last week and if he is out again who will Clements cover. Seems that whomever is not covered by these guys will have the bigger game.

Users who are viewing this thread