What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] RB rankings (1 Viewer)

EBF

Footballguy
1. Adrian Peterson

2. LaDainian Tomlinson

3. Brian Westbrook

4. Steven Jackson

5. Frank Gore

6. Joseph Addai

7. Marion Barber

8. Marshawn Lynch

9. Maurice Jones-Drew

10. Reggie Bush

11. Willis McGahee

12. Laurence Maroney

13. Clinton Portis

14. Larry Johnson

15. Ronnie Brown

16. Willie Parker

17. Michael Turner

18. Ryan Grant

19. DeAngelo Williams

20. Kevin Jones

21. LenDale White

22. Chester Taylor

23. Thomas Jones

24. Shaun Alexander

25. Brandon Jacobs

26. Selvin Young

27. Rudi Johnson

28. Jamal Lewis

29. Edgerrin James

30. Justin Fargas

31. Ahmad Bradshaw

32. Kenny Irons

33. Julius Jones

34. DeShaun Foster

35. Fred Taylor

36. Deuce McAllister

37. Carnell Williams

38. Travis Henry

39. Chris Henry

40. Brandon Jackson

41. Derrick Ward

42. Michael Bush

43. Musa Smith

44. Chris Perry

45. Ladell Betts

46. Cedric Benson

47. Jerious Norwood

48. Leon Washington

49. Mewelde Moore

50. Ahman Green

Some thoughts here:

- RB rankings are harder than WR rankings because there are roughly 60 starting WRs and only 32 starting RBs. So basically there are only 30-40 RBs receiving regular playing time, meaning it's difficult to judge guys like Leon Washington and Musa Smith because we don't get to see them play much.

- In general, I think it's best to take more of a "win now" approach with RBs because they get hurt so often. I tend to value youth in WRs, but you can't count on your backs staying healthy for very long.

- I still have Reggie Bush ranked pretty high on the chance that he puts it all together and starts living up to his potential. However, I wouldn't fault you for taking Portis or McGahee ahead of him in some leagues. They're safer picks.

- I like MJD's talent. The big question with him is will he become the featured back when Taylor is finished, or will the Jaguars bring in another RB to handle part of the load? This question looms huge for MJD and will determine whether he becomes a top 5 type or a perennial RB2. Like Bush, he has more upside than McGahee and Portis but is also a bigger risk.

- I don't think Norwood will ever be a featured back, which is why I have him down so low.

- I think it's still too early to get a solid read on Ahmad Bradshaw. If you think he's a future starter then you can justify taking him 10 spots higher than where I have him.

- I'm not really sold on Ryan Grant yet, but it's tough to justify ranking him much lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love 'em, EBF! Keep 'em coming. :confused:

Too high

Chester Taylor

Alexander

Rudi

Too low

LJ

DeAngelo Williams

Lendale White

Jamal Lewis

EBF - Where do you see Turner landing to justify the 17th spot, just curious?

At first look. The first 6 seem to be a lock, but many will have them in different order. From 7-16 I don't see a lot of difference from Barber down to Parker.

Seem a little high to me:

Barber- yet to carry full load

L. White- just not sold on him

C. Taylor- will need AD to go down for this ranking

S. Young- Shanny has come out and said he will not be the feature back

Jacobs- I think he will be lesser half of RBBC as the year goes on

Too low:

McGahee & Portis- should be at the top of the 7-16 group

Benson- I know I'll take heat for this but still think he COULD be the main back in Chicago. He has shown flashes and improved his YPC the last few games before being injured.

Bradshaw- I think he will be main back in RBBC as the year goes on

A. Hall- could be more suited as an every down back in Denver

Love 'em, EBF! Keep 'em coming. :confused:

Too high

Chester Taylor

Alexander

Rudi

Too low

LJ

DeAngelo Williams

Lendale White

Jamal Lewis
Chester - I think he's good enough to potentially get another shot to start somewhere. If not, he'll still be a decent bye week option for you. Alexander - I think he's just about done. He might have one good year left. What that's worth to you depends on your team.

Rudi - Same as Alexander. He's probably done, but there's the possibility for 1-2 more productive years.

LJ - Without the dominant o-line, he's not a special back. I think he's comparable in value to McGahee and Portis.

DeAngelo - Has some upside, but hasn't proven enough to be ranked ahead of guys like Parker and Portis.

LenDale - I think where I have him is about right. He has some upside if he can get himself in better shape, but his job security isn't great and he had a relatively mediocre year overall.

Lewis - I forgot about him and accidentally left him out of my original post. I've just added him as RB28, though I might consider moving him up to about RB23. He had a nice year in 2007, but is still a pretty weak option moving forward.

EBF - Where do you see Turner landing to justify the 17th spot, just curious?
I don't know where he'll end up, but I think he'll be starting for someone on opening day. I view him as roughly equivalent in value to a young Rudi Johnson. He won't be a stud, but should be considered a solid RB2 in most formats.

At first look. The first 6 seem to be a lock, but many will have them in different order. From 7-16 I don't see a lot of difference from Barber down to Parker.Seem a little high to me:Barber- yet to carry full loadL. White- just not sold on himC. Taylor- will need AD to go down for this rankingS. Young- Shanny has come out and said he will not be the feature backJacobs- I think he will be lesser half of RBBC as the year goes on Too low:McGahee & Portis- should be at the top of the 7-16 groupBenson- I know I'll take heat for this but still think he COULD be the main back in Chicago. He has shown flashes and improved his YPC the last few games before being injured.Bradshaw- I think he will be main back in RBBC as the year goes on A. Hall- could be more suited as an every down back in Denver
Barber - You can justify taking McGahee and Portis ahead of him. I'd argue that Barber has a little more upside and an opportunity to step up and become the dominant lead back next season. White - I think where I have him is fair. Taylor - Maybe he's a bit high. Like I said, I still think he could wind up starting for someone. Maybe I'll have to re-consider that.Young - I initially had him ranked lower. The most likely scenario for him is that he loses the starting job, gets benched, and is never heard from again. However, the off chance that he wins the job and excels gives him enough upside to warrant consideration outside the top 25. McGahee & Portis - I wouldn't blame anyone for taking either of these two in the 7-10 range. They're solid picks. Benson - Scrub. Bradshaw - I'm intrigued by his potential, but it's too soon to anoint him a future starter. He needs to show us more. That said, he's worth a gamble if you're looking for a breakout player. Hall- Scrub.

1. Adrian Peterson2. LaDainian Tomlinson3. Brian Westbrook4. Steven Jackson5. Frank Gore6. Joseph Addai7. Marion Barber8. Marshawn Lynch9. Maurice Jones-Drew10. Reggie Bush11. Willis McGahee12. Laurence Maroney13. Clinton Portis14. Larry Johnson15. Ronnie Brown16. Willie Parker17. Michael Turner18. Ryan Grant19. DeAngelo Williams20. Kevin Jones21. LenDale White22. Chester Taylor23. Thomas Jones24. Shaun Alexander25. Brandon Jacobs26. Selvin Young27. Rudi Johnson28. Jamal Lewis29. Edgerrin James30. Justin Fargas31. Ahmad Bradshaw32. Kenny Irons33. Julius Jones34. DeShaun Foster35. Fred Taylor36. Deuce McAllister37. Carnell Williams38. Travis Henry39. Chris Henry40. Brandon Jackson41. Derrick Ward42. Michael Bush43. Musa Smith44. Chris Perry45. Ladell Betts46. Cedric Benson47. Jerious Norwood48. Leon Washington49. Mewelde Moore50. Ahman GreenSome thoughts here:- RB rankings are harder than WR rankings because there are roughly 60 starting WRs and only 32 starting RBs. So basically there are only 30-40 RBs receiving regular playing time, meaning it's difficult to judge guys like Leon Washington and Musa Smith because we don't get to see them play much. - In general, I think it's best to take more of a "win now" approach with RBs because they get hurt so often. I tend to value youth in WRs, but you can't count on your backs staying healthy for very long. - I still have Reggie Bush ranked pretty high on the chance that he puts it all together and starts living up to his potential. However, I wouldn't fault you for taking Portis or McGahee ahead of him in some leagues. They're safer picks. - I like MJD's talent. The big question with him is will he become the featured back when Taylor is finished, or will the Jaguars bring in another RB to handle part of the load? This question looms huge for MJD and will determine whether he becomes a top 5 type or a perennial RB2. Like Bush, he has more upside than McGahee and Portis but is also a bigger risk. - I don't think Norwood will ever be a featured back, which is why I have him down so low. - I think it's still too early to get a solid read on Ahmad Bradshaw. If you think he's a future starter then you can justify taking him 10 spots higher than where I have him. - I'm not really sold on Ryan Grant yet, but it's tough to justify ranking him much lower.
:thumbup: No Earnest Graham, though?

1. Adrian Peterson2. LaDainian Tomlinson3. Brian Westbrook4. Steven Jackson5. Frank Gore6. Joseph Addai7. Marion Barber8. Marshawn Lynch9. Maurice Jones-Drew10. Reggie Bush11. Willis McGahee12. Laurence Maroney13. Clinton Portis14. Larry Johnson15. Ronnie Brown16. Willie Parker17. Michael Turner18. Ryan Grant19. DeAngelo Williams20. Kevin Jones21. LenDale White22. Chester Taylor23. Thomas Jones24. Shaun Alexander25. Brandon Jacobs26. Selvin Young27. Rudi Johnson28. Jamal Lewis29. Edgerrin James30. Justin Fargas31. Ahmad Bradshaw32. Kenny Irons33. Julius Jones34. DeShaun Foster35. Fred Taylor36. Deuce McAllister37. Carnell Williams38. Travis Henry39. Chris Henry40. Brandon Jackson41. Derrick Ward42. Michael Bush43. Musa Smith44. Chris Perry45. Ladell Betts46. Cedric Benson47. Jerious Norwood48. Leon Washington49. Mewelde Moore50. Ahman GreenSome thoughts here:- RB rankings are harder than WR rankings because there are roughly 60 starting WRs and only 32 starting RBs. So basically there are only 30-40 RBs receiving regular playing time, meaning it's difficult to judge guys like Leon Washington and Musa Smith because we don't get to see them play much. - In general, I think it's best to take more of a "win now" approach with RBs because they get hurt so often. I tend to value youth in WRs, but you can't count on your backs staying healthy for very long. - I still have Reggie Bush ranked pretty high on the chance that he puts it all together and starts living up to his potential. However, I wouldn't fault you for taking Portis or McGahee ahead of him in some leagues. They're safer picks. - I like MJD's talent. The big question with him is will he become the featured back when Taylor is finished, or will the Jaguars bring in another RB to handle part of the load? This question looms huge for MJD and will determine whether he becomes a top 5 type or a perennial RB2. Like Bush, he has more upside than McGahee and Portis but is also a bigger risk. - I don't think Norwood will ever be a featured back, which is why I have him down so low. - I think it's still too early to get a solid read on Ahmad Bradshaw. If you think he's a future starter then you can justify taking him 10 spots higher than where I have him. - I'm not really sold on Ryan Grant yet, but it's tough to justify ranking him much lower.
I forgot Graham. He belongs somewhere in the 35-45 range. I don't think he has any chance of starting beyond next season and I'm not even sure that he'll be the opening day starter next year.

I forgot Graham. He belongs somewhere in the 35-45 range. I don't think he has any chance of starting beyond next season and I'm not even sure that he'll be the opening day starter next year.
In addition, I do not think most people know that Graham is already 28 years-old (albeit low mileage).

At first look. The first 6 seem to be a lock, but many will have them in different order. From 7-16 I don't see a lot of difference from Barber down to Parker.Seem a little high to me:Barber- yet to carry full loadL. White- just not sold on himC. Taylor- will need AD to go down for this rankingS. Young- Shanny has come out and said he will not be the feature backJacobs- I think he will be lesser half of RBBC as the year goes on Too low:McGahee & Portis- should be at the top of the 7-16 groupBenson- I know I'll take heat for this but still think he COULD be the main back in Chicago. He has shown flashes and improved his YPC the last few games before being injured.Bradshaw- I think he will be main back in RBBC as the year goes on A. Hall- could be more suited as an every down back in Denver
Barber - You can justify taking McGahee and Portis ahead of him. I'd argue that Barber has a little more upside and an opportunity to step up and become the dominant lead back next season. White - I think where I have him is fair. Taylor - Maybe he's a bit high. Like I said, I still think he could wind up starting for someone. Maybe I'll have to re-consider that.Young - I initially had him ranked lower. The most likely scenario for him is that he loses the starting job, gets benched, and is never heard from again. However, the off chance that he wins the job and excels gives him enough upside to warrant consideration outside the top 25. McGahee & Portis - I wouldn't blame anyone for taking either of these two in the 7-10 range. They're solid picks. Benson - Scrub. Bradshaw - I'm intrigued by his potential, but it's too soon to anoint him a future starter. He needs to show us more. That said, he's worth a gamble if you're looking for a breakout player. Hall- Scrub.
All valid points, but I don't understand Hall being a scrub. I have only seen the one game and he looked great, also seems to have support of Bloom and other FBG staff. I would think there is more concern of Shannigans with the backfield rather than him being a scrub. Also like I stated above, Shanny has come out and said Young will not be a feature back, another reason I like Hall's chances.

nice to see Frank Gore up so high. I still believe in his talent and heart. I think MB3 and Lynch should be in your 11-20 group, and Portis and Maroney or Parker should round out the top 10. Nice job overall.

nice to see Frank Gore up so high. I still believe in his talent and heart. I think MB3 and Lynch should be in your 11-20 group, and Portis and Maroney or Parker should round out the top 10. Nice job overall.
In the 7-13 range it comes down to owner preference. Do you want to swing for the fences? Take MB3 or MJD. Do you want a solid, but unspectacular RB1? Take McGahee or Portis. I'm not a big Parker fan. I think he's an average talent whose success is largely the result of his supporting cast. :thumbup:

All valid points, but I don't understand Hall being a scrub. I have only seen the one game and he looked great, also seems to have support of Bloom and other FBG staff. I would think there is more concern of Shannigans with the backfield rather than him being a scrub. Also like I stated above, Shanny has come out and said Young will not be a feature back, another reason I like Hall's chances.
Hall got cut from not one, but two NFL teams during his rookie year. I don't know if I can think of a single back who has gone from waiver wire fodder to productive starter in the NFL in the past 10 years. I don't expect Hall to buck that trend. He has no special qualities and is nothing more than a backup at the pro level IMO.

I think Maroney is too high, while talented, i think he is no more than a RBBC back.I agree Barber should be moved down at least a few spots, like Maroney, i dont see him being used as a full time back. The guy runs like a bull, but i doubt he could do that 20+ times a game for 16 games.

I think Maroney is too high, while talented, i think he is no more than a RBBC back.I agree Barber should be moved down at least a few spots, like Maroney, i dont see him being used as a full time back. The guy runs like a bull, but i doubt he could do that 20+ times a game for 16 games.
Maroney is listed at 5'11" 220, which is plenty big enough to be a featured back. The only thing keeping his value down is his usage. NE hasn't featured him thus far in his career. But I think he can be a 300+ carry guy.Barber's style will probably hurt his longevity, but I think he's capable of 1-2 monster years before he breaks down.

Curious as to where you would have ranked Maroney had he not had a spectacular playoffs. In other words, just how much has this postseason helped Maroney recoup his lost value from the down year he just had?

Maroney is listed at 5'11" 220, which is plenty big enough to be a featured back. The only thing keeping his value down is his usage. NE hasn't featured him thus far in his career. But I think he can be a 300+ carry guy.Barber's style will probably hurt his longevity, but I think he's capable of 1-2 monster years before he breaks down.
Maroney may have the size, which i dont think has a great deal to do with durabilty, but he has yet to carry a full load in either of his first two seasons. He has also missed playing time in both seasons due to injury. I agree that Barber could have a couple big seasons if given the full load, but i think his running style is better suited for splitting carries.

Curious as to where you would have ranked Maroney had he not had a spectacular playoffs. In other words, just how much has this postseason helped Maroney recoup his lost value from the down year he just had?
His value is more long-term than short-term. He's a solid young starter who should be around for a while. This was a freakish year for the entire New England passing game. And while it's possible that the offense will continue to be pass-first, I think Maroney will eventually become a steady 1,200 yard type back. He was overrated going into the season and he'll never be a dominant player for your FF team, but he's solid, which is more than you can say for most of the guys ranked 15+.

:confused:

No Earnest Graham, though?

I am not sold Earnest will ever be the starter again.

I also think Caddy could return next season and do well with a decent QB.

Thoughts?

I am not sold Earnest will ever be the starter again.I also think Caddy could return next season and do well with a decent QB.Thoughts?
Graham will enter 2008 as starter. He looked better this year than Caddy ever has (outside of his first 3 games of his career -- some 3 years ago). If I could get a top 30 RB for Cadillac (maybe some believe he'll return to form -- whatever that form is), I'd do it in a heartbeat.I have Cadillac ranked around 45-50.

I am not sold Earnest will ever be the starter again.I also think Caddy could return next season and do well with a decent QB.Thoughts?
Graham will enter 2008 as starter. He looked better this year than Caddy ever has (outside of his first 3 games of his career -- some 3 years ago). If I could get a top 30 RB for Cadillac (maybe some believe he'll return to form -- whatever that form is), I'd do it in a heartbeat.I have Cadillac ranked around 45-50.
Graham is the definition of a journeyman. Just good enough to keep you in the game, but not a difference maker by any means. I'd be surprised it Tampa didn't make some sort of attempt to bring in a better option this offseason.

Graham is the definition of a journeyman. Just good enough to keep you in the game, but not a difference maker by any means. I'd be surprised it Tampa didn't make some sort of attempt to bring in a better option this offseason.
I think Graham looked like he was more than capable of carrying the load. Im sure he was won gruden over as far as having confidence in his abilities.

How many productive years do you see Westy having left? He has low mileage, but has had injury concerns...I'm thinking another 3 years of top 5 productivity?

How many productive years do you see Westy having left? He has low mileage, but has had injury concerns...I'm thinking another 3 years of top 5 productivity?
No, more like two years at best. He will turn 29 next year, before season starts.30 years old and that magic number for RB's to fall off the cliff.Point being His value couldn't and won't get any higher than now.Sell Sell Sell.

I think Graham looked like he was more than capable of carrying the load. Im sure he was won gruden over as far as having confidence in his abilities.
We'll see. He's not someone I'd be comfortable relying on long-term.

2-3 years
With 2-3 years of top productivity left, would you still rather have him than an elite young back like Steven Jackson?
I'm a little more of a "win now" guy when it comes to RBs since they can't be counted on to stay healthy for long. Steven Jackson is young, but he's already had some knee surgery and he doesn't have the body type or running style that leads me to believe he is going to have a long career. That said, you can make an argument for him over LT and Westbrook if you think he's going to play 5-6 more seasons at 100%.Part of the problem with trying to do dynasty RB rankings is that a RB's value is largely dependent on the context of your FF team. Short-term backs like Lewis and Rudi have zero value to rebuilding teams. On the flipside, unproven backs like DeAngelo Williams and Kenny Irons probably aren't the best investment if you're a contender right now.

I am sure I am in the minority but I think Marshawn Lynch is a top 7 back. I actually gave up Gore for him after the fantasy playoffs were over.

2-3 years
With 2-3 years of top productivity left, would you still rather have him than an elite young back like Steven Jackson?
I'm a little more of a "win now" guy when it comes to RBs since they can't be counted on to stay healthy for long. Steven Jackson is young, but he's already had some knee surgery and he doesn't have the body type or running style that leads me to believe he is going to have a long career. That said, you can make an argument for him over LT and Westbrook if you think he's going to play 5-6 more seasons at 100%.

Part of the problem with trying to do dynasty RB rankings is that a RB's value is largely dependent on the context of your FF team. Short-term backs like Lewis and Rudi have zero value to rebuilding teams. On the flipside, unproven backs like DeAngelo Williams and Kenny Irons probably aren't the best investment if you're a contender right now.
Could you clarify this part? I'm assuming you are just uncomfortable with the fact that he is 6'2 (a little on the tall side for a running back) because he seems to have more than enough build to handle the punishment.I'm definitely biased towards SJ because I own him, but I don't think I'd trade him straight up for any player - including Peterson. He is a proven stud and will only be 25 this upcoming season. 4-5 years at top 5 status is enough for me to consider him over any of the other top running backs given age/mileage (LT), injury risk/age (Westbrook) and injury risk/no proof yet of ability to carry the full load (Peterson.)

In the 7-13 range it comes down to owner preference. Do you want to swing for the fences? Take MB3 or MJD. Do you want a solid, but unspectacular RB1? Take McGahee or Portis. I'm not a big Parker fan. I think he's an average talent whose success is largely the result of his supporting cast. :wall:
:wall:

2-3 years
I'm a little more of a "win now" guy when it comes to RBs since they can't be counted on to stay healthy for long. Steven Jackson is young, but he's already had some knee surgery and he doesn't have the body type or running style that leads me to believe he is going to have a long career. That said, you can make an argument for him over LT and Westbrook if you think he's going to play 5-6 more seasons at 100%.

Part of the problem with trying to do dynasty RB rankings is that a RB's value is largely dependent on the context of your FF team. Short-term backs like Lewis and Rudi have zero value to rebuilding teams. On the flipside, unproven backs like DeAngelo Williams and Kenny Irons probably aren't the best investment if you're a contender right now.
Could you clarify this part? I'm assuming you are just uncomfortable with the fact that he is 6'2 (a little on the tall side for a running back) because he seems to have more than enough build to handle the punishment.I'm definitely biased towards SJ because I own him, but I don't think I'd trade him straight up for any player - including Peterson. He is a proven stud and will only be 25 this upcoming season. 4-5 years at top 5 status is enough for me to consider him over any of the other top running backs given age/mileage (LT), injury risk/age (Westbrook) and injury risk/no proof yet of ability to carry the full load (Peterson.)
Yep, he's tall. Tall backs tend to have injury problems (Taylor, McAllister, Jacobs, C. Brown). Eddie George is really the only 6'2"+ back in the past 15 years to have solid durability at the NFL level. Jackson is built pretty strong though, so there's a chance he could buck the trend. The real reason I have LT, Westbrook, and ADP higher is because I think they're better players and I think they give you a better shot at a championship.

2-3 years

Yep, he's tall. Tall backs tend to have injury problems (Taylor, McAllister, Jacobs, C. Brown). Eddie George is really the only 6'2"+ back in the past 15 years to have solid durability at the NFL level. Jackson is built pretty strong though, so there's a chance he could buck the trend. The real reason I have LT, Westbrook, and ADP higher is because I think they're better players and I think they give you a better shot at a championship.

2-3 years

Peterson is both better and younger than Jackson, which is why he's ranked higher. That doesn't mean I think he'll be the picture of durability either. You can't think too far ahead with RBs. You have to take what you can get right away, cross your fingers, and hope your investment doesn't shred his knees.

2-3 years

I'm definitely biased towards SJ because I own him, but I don't think I'd trade him straight up for any player - including Peterson.
Seriously?? I would love to see an "ADP for SJax" trade offer sitting on your league's trade screen.

They are your rankings and I appreciate the effort that goes into doing them, but I think you are pretty far off the money with Ernie Graham.

I'd go as far to say he'll flirt with the top 10 in 2008, and although he's 28 and will be done sooner than many on this list, he's definitely more valuable than the 35-40 range IMHO.

One thing that sticks out to me. IN any league where it you get points for receptions and lots of flexibility like the league that EBF did his Moss deal, I love the WR's over the RB's. After you get past the top guys, there is really no one out there that really sticks out as a guy you can trust from year to year.

2-3 years

Peterson is both better and younger than Jackson, which is why he's ranked higher. That doesn't mean I think he'll be the picture of durability either. You can't think too far ahead with RBs. You have to take what you can get right away, cross your fingers, and hope your investment doesn't shred his knees.
I was just pointing out that AD is another example of a tall RB being injury prone. Not sure how height really increases a players odds of getting injured, but AD certainly seems to add another example.

I think Ronnie Brown is way too low. He was the best back this year before his injury.
2007 was looking like a breakout year for Ronnie, but he's damaged goods right now. If he can get back to 100% then he can be a steal for teams who are patient with him, but he's not a guy you want to be building your FF team around right now. I think where I have him ranked is fair given his risk.

They are your rankings and I appreciate the effort that goes into doing them, but I think you are pretty far off the money with Ernie Graham.I'd go as far to say he'll flirt with the top 10 in 2008, and although he's 28 and will be done sooner than many on this list, he's definitely more valuable than the 35-40 range IMHO.
:fishing:We'll see. I don't think he's anything special.

One thing that sticks out to me. IN any league where it you get points for receptions and lots of flexibility like the league that EBF did his Moss deal, I love the WR's over the RB's. After you get past the top guys, there is really no one out there that really sticks out as a guy you can trust from year to year.
Definitely. There are really only about 15-20 RBs worth pursuing. The rest of the guys are mediocre and/or unproven.

2-3 years

I'm definitely biased towards SJ because I own him, but I don't think I'd trade him straight up for any player - including Peterson.
Seriously?? I would love to see an "ADP for SJax" trade offer sitting on your league's trade screen.
I think the two are very close in talent. I trust Jacksons durabilty a bit more, and AD has the better O-line, but is still splitting carries with Taylor. I own Jackson, and i am not so sure i woud take AD for him right now.

2-3 years

I was just pointing out that AD is another example of a tall RB being injury prone. Not sure how height really increases a players odds of getting injured, but AD certainly seems to add another example.
Taller RBs have a higher center of gravity, which seems to expose them to bigger hits. The ideal RB is built like a bowling ball.

Good list! I like that Kevin Jones is around 20. Talent to be a top 7-10 guy, injury risk to make it impossible to list him that high until proven otherwise.

I wonder how a new coaching staff will effect the number of carries that Norwood will get. Everyone in the world except the quitter thought he should be getting more touches. I think 2008 will answer many questions for this guy. I personally have him ranked much higher, but I can understand the reasoning. Of course the same applies to Reggie Bush/Marion Barber/DeAngelo Williams and others, and i'd probably take Maroney over all of them, but this is due to personal preference as much as anything.

Nice work.

Good list! I like that Kevin Jones is around 20. Talent to be a top 7-10 guy, injury risk to make it impossible to list him that high until proven otherwise. I wonder how a new coaching staff will effect the number of carries that Norwood will get. Everyone in the world except the quitter thought he should be getting more touches. I think 2008 will answer many questions for this guy. I personally have him ranked much higher, but I can understand the reasoning. Of course the same applies to Reggie Bush/Marion Barber/DeAngelo Williams and others, and i'd probably take Maroney over all of them, but this is due to personal preference as much as anything. Nice work.
I think Norwood is a solid player. Like I said, I just don't expect him to ever get the carries he would need to be a top 20 guy. I think he'll always be a niche player who comes in off the bench and gives you 8-10 carries each week. I'm a bit higher on Bush/Barber/Williams because I think they have a better chance of being every down backs.

Users who are viewing this thread