What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Rankings- QB8 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #8 dynasty QB?

• Matt Hasselbeck (9-25-1975)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Derek Anderson (6-15-1983)

• Donovan McNabb (11-25-1976)

• Eli Manning (1-3-1981)

• Vince Young (5-18-1983)

• Marc Bulger (4-5-1977)

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (3-24-1976) 59% [brady 37%]

2. Tom Brady, Patriots (8-3-1977) 37% [Romo 3%] **QB1 and 2 used the same poll**

3. Carson Palmer, Bengals (12-27-1979) 44% [Romo 21%]

4. Drew Brees, Saints (1-15-1979) 43% [Romo 34%]

5. Tony Romo, Cowboys (4-21-1980) 50% [Roethlisberger 47%]

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (3-2-1982) 47% **Same poll used for QB5 and 6**

7. Jay Cutler, Broncos (4-29-1983) 29% [E Manning 18%]

Last edited by a moderator:
Either Eli or McNabb. If Eli can keep his playoff form, he'll be top 5 for these polls next year.

And Eli rides the Larry Brown Memorial Super Bowl Train all the way to FBGs.

I think maybe some people here are fickle.

Eli's come a long way, but ahead of McNabb? Come on.....
Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :lmao:

where's the love for Hasselbeck?

He's good for 4k/30 next year, and he's steady and consistent with an array of WRs. With Holmgren moving heavily to the pass, look at how Hasselbeck and co. responded last year. I'd have Hasselbeck right on line with Cutler.

kinda surprised Palmer is #3. I'd have him 5, behind Manning, Brady, Brees and Romo.

Phillip Rivers again.

Not sure how Cutler finished ahead. Especially with there last game against each other. Domination

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :crazy:
You realize this is dynasty rankings right? Hasselbeck I will give you (although I disagree). McNabb and Bulger are getting up there, are coming off dreadful seasons, have more injury concerns and have never won a Super Bowl. Eli is the easy pick for me.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :crazy:
You realize this is dynasty rankings right? Hasselbeck I will give you (although I disagree). McNabb and Bulger are getting up there, are coming off dreadful seasons, have more injury concerns and have never won a Super Bowl. Eli is the easy pick for me.
Hey man, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, I'll take the talent, especially when we're talking about guys who aren't really anywhere near the end of the road.I'm just not one of the guys that is going to take Eli's playoff performance and think that some magic light has all of a sudden gone off. I'm much more inclined to think that his 3 years as a starter are going to be relatively indicative of how he'll play in the future, which is, as a 3500/25/20 Quarterback.Now certainly there's nothing wrong with those numbers, but they're the numbers of a solid backup, not a starter. I would absolutely want Donovan/Hasselbeck/Bulger as a legitimate potential for a top 5 QB for the 3-4 years they have left than have Eli as my backup for the next 8... but that's just me.Quite honestly... all these polls have shown me so far is that Eli Manning is a fantastic sell-high candidate.

Hey man, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, I'll take the talent, especially when we're talking about guys who aren't really anywhere near the end of the road.I'm just not one of the guys that is going to take Eli's playoff performance and think that some magic light has all of a sudden gone off. I'm much more inclined to think that his 3 years as a starter are going to be relatively indicative of how he'll play in the future, which is, as a 3500/25/20 Quarterback.Now certainly there's nothing wrong with those numbers, but they're the numbers of a solid backup, not a starter. I would absolutely want Donovan/Hasselbeck/Bulger as a legitimate potential for a top 5 QB for the 3-4 years they have left than have Eli as my backup for the next 8... but that's just me.Quite honestly... all these polls have shown me so far is that Eli Manning is a fantastic sell-high candidate.
I'm a big fan of McNabb, but want you've gotta ask is will he stay healthy enough to win you a title and what will he be worth after the season? There's a good probability that he get injured again and his dynasty value will be next to nothing next year (who's going to give you anything for a 33 yo QB?). Barring regression from Eli he'll at least be a top 10 dynasty QB.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. ;)
What would you define as near the end? I believe QBs that have suffered significant injuries and are 30+years old are near the end, especially when they have never shown the ability to lead their team to a Super Bowl win.You act like 3500+ yds and 25 TDs a season is a bad thing. McNabb has only had two seasons where he threw 25+ TDs and only has 3 total seasons, including the ones mentioned, that he threw for 20+. He has also only topped 3500 yards ONCE in his entire career.Bulger has never even thrown for 25 TDs EVER. So, in your logic, those guys have never been anything but solid back-ups.I think the choice is obvious, especially for Dynasty rankings.Edit for some quick math:If Eli plays 12 years averaging 3500 yards a season, he would have thrown for 42000 yards in his career.The same assessment for TDs and he would have 300 TDs in his career. I'd say those are very solid if not HoF level numbers.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :bowtie:
Hey man, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Personally, I'll take the talent, especially when we're talking about guys who aren't really anywhere near the end of the road.I'm just not one of the guys that is going to take Eli's playoff performance and think that some magic light has all of a sudden gone off. I'm much more inclined to think that his 3 years as a starter are going to be relatively indicative of how he'll play in the future, which is, as a 3500/25/20 Quarterback.

Now certainly there's nothing wrong with those numbers, but they're the numbers of a solid backup, not a starter. I would absolutely want Donovan/Hasselbeck/Bulger as a legitimate potential for a top 5 QB for the 3-4 years they have left than have Eli as my backup for the next 8... but that's just me.

Quite honestly... all these polls have shown me so far is that Eli Manning is a fantastic sell-high candidate.
I'm a big fan of McNabb, but want you've gotta ask is will he stay healthy enough to win you a title and what will he be worth after the season? There's a good probability that he get injured again and his dynasty value will be next to nothing next year (who's going to give you anything for a 33 yo QB?). Barring regression from Eli he'll at least be a top 10 dynasty QB.
:goodposting: And lets not forget the drafting of Kevin Kolb last year in the 2nd round. I think the eagles are getting worried about Mcnabb's health also and have made pplans for the future with Kolb.

KoolKat said:
Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :thumbdown:
What would you define as near the end? I believe QBs that have suffered significant injuries and are 30+years old are near the end, especially when they have never shown the ability to lead their team to a Super Bowl win.You act like 3500+ yds and 25 TDs a season is a bad thing. McNabb has only had two seasons where he threw 25+ TDs and only has 3 total seasons, including the ones mentioned, that he threw for 20+. He has also only topped 3500 yards ONCE in his entire career.Bulger has never even thrown for 25 TDs EVER. So, in your logic, those guys have never been anything but solid back-ups.I think the choice is obvious, especially for Dynasty rankings.Edit for some quick math:If Eli plays 12 years averaging 3500 yards a season, he would have thrown for 42000 yards in his career.The same assessment for TDs and he would have 300 TDs in his career. I'd say those are very solid if not HoF level numbers.
I absolutely do not think that 3500/25 is a bad thing. I honestly think 3500/25 are FANTASTIC numbers. But, I think that a near lock for 25 turnovers is a bad thing. At 6 per TD and -2 per pick/fumble, half of Eli's TDs are negated.I let this one go last time, but gotta ask ... what does winning a Super Bowl have to do with fantasy football? If I had Eli and you had one of the others, we could happily trade them straight up. Honestly this is just a difference of opinion thing, and the way these polls have been going, your opinion is certainly the more pervasive one. I'm really not down on Eli, I'm just not as high as you are. He's a solid player to have ( and I do ), but I would always be looking to upgrade if he were my starter.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :loco:
I'm on the Eli side here, because I think the light did come on. He's been a decent NFL QB, as his totals indicate. One big knock has been his INT ratio. A primary aspect of his game that led to the high INT ratio was his inability to handle pressure, both pass rush (physical) and game situation ( mental ). What he's displayed over the past few weeks might just be an anomoly, but it also might just be a step towards handling pressure better. I lean toward the latter.With all that said, lets say Eli can come in closer to 12-14 picks, and with the extra possessions, give him a 2-3 TD uptick and a couple hundred yards, and now your looking at a median 3700/28/13 line, and a pretty regular top 5-7 QB FFwise.

If Garrard gets a solid WR he's the best option here.

Moss to Jax and you can pencil him in as a top 5 QB over the next five years.

Phillip Rivers again.

Not sure how Cutler finished ahead. Especially with there last game against each other. Domination
Maybe if they were playing each other, this would matter.
I gave my reasons in the other thread. No need to reinterate after each round when I take this guy till he goes. Love the makeup of the team, the weapons and the 2nd half performance after SD got used to the Turner way.

Phillip Rivers again.

I gave my reasons in the other thread. No need to reinterate after each round when I take this guy till he goes. Love the makeup of the team, the weapons and the 2nd half performance after SD got used to the Turner way.
I would never trade McNabb for Eli. Eli is the classic QB who is servicable, but who will never be the top fantasy QB. McNabb is capable of being the top QB next year or any of the next several years. I want that heigh ceiling more than a guy who is a couple of years younger.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :mellow:
I absolutely do not think that 3500/25 is a bad thing. I honestly think 3500/25 are FANTASTIC numbers. But, I think that a near lock for 25 turnovers is a bad thing. At 6 per TD and -2 per pick/fumble, half of Eli's TDs are negated.I let this one go last time, but gotta ask ... what does winning a Super Bowl have to do with fantasy football? If I had Eli and you had one of the others, we could happily trade them straight up. Honestly this is just a difference of opinion thing, and the way these polls have been going, your opinion is certainly the more pervasive one. I'm really not down on Eli, I'm just not as high as you are. He's a solid player to have ( and I do ), but I would always be looking to upgrade if he were my starter.
I could be wrong, but I estimate that QBs on average will average around 15 TOs a season, maybe more. So all QBs are going to have a good amount of turnovers. I agree eli does not have the edge in that sense, but what about all of the other premises I presented on why Eli is better? Winning a Super Bowl boosts a QB's worth in fantasy football strictly on job security. A QB that has proven that he can LEAD his team to a Super Bowl and win it have considerably more job security than those that have not. This is especially true when they are less than a year removed from that championship. Notice I have lead in all capitals; I am not talking about guys like Dilfer.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :confused:
I could be wrong, but I estimate that QBs on average will average around 15 TOs a season, maybe more. So all QBs are going to have a good amount of turnovers. I agree eli does not have the edge in that sense, but what about all of the other premises I presented on why Eli is better? Winning a Super Bowl boosts a QB's worth in fantasy football strictly on job security. A QB that has proven that he can LEAD his team to a Super Bowl and win it have considerably more job security than those that have not. This is especially true when they are less than a year removed from that championship. Notice I have lead in all capitals; I am not talking about guys like Dilfer.
even Dilfer kept getting opportunities after his Super Bowl victory, despite under every other measure being a below average QB. in 2001 he had a good rating, but he was bad after that, yet 6 years later, he's still in the league.

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :rolleyes:
even Dilfer kept getting opportunities after his Super Bowl victory, despite under every other measure being a below average QB. in 2001 he had a good rating, but he was bad after that, yet 6 years later, he's still in the league.
Exactly how many good offensive teams has Dilfer played for? Seems like he's NEVER had any offensive talent around him. He's still in the league because he's better then his stats, and most NFL coaches know it.

Phillip Rivers again.

I would never trade McNabb for Eli. Eli is the classic QB who is servicable, but who will never be the top fantasy QB. McNabb is capable of being the top QB next year or any of the next several years. I want that heigh ceiling more than a guy who is a couple of years younger.
Eli was the #4 QB in 2005. Yes, you may get a couple more good years out of McNabb and he is one of the best PPG-wise, but Eli will still be top QB when McNabb is out of the league. I just don't know why you'd want a guy who is always being talked about being run out of town over one who has guaranteed job security after winning the SB.

Phillip Rivers again. Not sure how Cutler finished ahead. Especially with there last game against each other. Domination
No qb playing for denver that night would have had a chance....they had turnstiles on both ends of the line.Cutler can make every single throw, and he has a stronger arm.Now, if it was who can yell at fans in the stands and make an ### of himself on the sidelines, Rivers would be #1on others....keep in mind on Hass, holmgrens pass happy offense is in effect for one more year, after Mora takes the reins, who really knows what happens????I see some sites have Hass ahead of Brees and Palmer, wtf????

Seriously. Eli showed a lot of improvement, but in my count he's at BEST the 3rd on the list of guys in this poll, and probably fourth. IMO there is no way he should be above Donovan, Hasselbeck, or Bulger. This is just another instance of these polls where age is trumping ability. The fact that Cutler WON the last one is silly, and this one's following the same road. Looking forward to poll #10 or #12 where Jamarcus ends up beating Garrard. :)
Exactly how many good offensive teams has Dilfer played for? Seems like he's NEVER had any offensive talent around him. He's still in the league because he's better then his stats, and most NFL coaches know it.
Dilfer is still in the league bc he has a good qb mind, willing to tutor, a good team player willing to tote a clipboard, and just happy to still be in the locker room hanging with the guys. saying he's better than his stats does say a whole lot....The Ravens won a super bowl despite his play....

Eli gets the nod here based on performing in the last 4 or so games of the 07/08 season how Hasselbeck has been performing over the last 4 seasons.

Super Bowl hangover = this thread. :popcorn:

Eli gets the nod here based on performing in the last 4 or so games of the 07/08 season how Hasselbeck has been performing over the last 4 seasons.Super Bowl hangover = this thread. :mellow:
Couldn't agree more.
Because it's a dynasty poll and Eli is 27 and Hasselbeck will be 33 in the 2008 season. Over the last 3 years Manning is better than Hasselbeck in TDs and yards. He's consistent in his numbers and doesn't get hurt.

Eli gets the nod here based on performing in the last 4 or so games of the 07/08 season how Hasselbeck has been performing over the last 4 seasons.Super Bowl hangover = this thread. :wall:
Couldn't agree more.
Because it's a dynasty poll and Eli is 27 and Hasselbeck will be 33 in the 2008 season. Over the last 3 years Manning is better than Hasselbeck in TDs and yards. He's consistent in his numbers and doesn't get hurt.
:goodposting: And his job is secure for a minimum of 3 more years.

Users who are viewing this thread