What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty WR Rankings - WR#9 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #9 dynasty WR?

• Anquan Boldin - 10/3/80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torry Holt - 6/5/76

• TJ Houshmandzadeh - 9/26/77

• Brandon Marshall - 3/23/84

• Terrell Owens - 12/7/73

• Other

• Total voters

Duckboy

IBL Representative
1. Larry Fitzgerald 8/31/83 33% [Wayne 28%]

2. Reggie Wayne 11/17/78 28% [Moss 15%] (WR1 and 2 used same poll)

3. Andre Johnson 7/11/81 41% [Moss 29%]

4. Braylon Edwards 2/21/83 46% [Moss 29%]

5. Randy Moss 2/13/77 44% [Colston 23%]

6. Marques Colston 6/5/83 39% [sSmith 29%]

7. Steve Smith 5/12/79 46% [Chad Johnson 23%]

8. Chad Johnson 1/9/78 46% [Marshall 28%]

If you vote other, or are planning to vote for someone not on the list next time, or want to discuss the next adds, please include a comment. Getting further down the list and want to get a better read on which guys to include moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would add Santanio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. That also happens to be the five players i would select after Marshall.

I would add Santanio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. That also happens to be the five players i would select after Marshall.
I voted Marshall but there is no way Holmes, Jennings and Bowe should be added without mentioning names like Burress and Evans first.

This amazes me! Marshall has had big #s for one year, and TJ's has had 3 solid seasons now... I think until Marshall has proven he's all-grown-up & not getting into trouble anymore... and can put up back-to-back solid seasons - I'm more inclined to take the proven guy in TJ.

This amazes me! Marshall has had big #s for one year, and TJ's has had 3 solid seasons now... I think until Marshall has proven he's all-grown-up & not getting into trouble anymore... and can put up back-to-back solid seasons - I'm more inclined to take the proven guy in TJ.
TJ = 30Marshall = 23

TJ = 30Marshall = 23
from wikipedia:Marshall has had anger management-related issues and incidents. On March 26, 2007, he was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[14] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007 after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[15]

Marshall also experienced legal run-ins while a student at UCF. According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween of 2004, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct, and resisting an officer.[1]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a downtown Denver nightclub, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. As the players were leaving the club, Williams was fatally shot in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall earlier that night.[16]

In the early morning of October 22nd, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver Metro area at the intersection of 14th St. and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[17]

Pretty impressive resume at 23. After reading about what Jerramy Stevens got away with being a pampered athlete, I'd bet this isn't the full extent of what should be on Marshalls record.

TJ = 30Marshall = 23
from wikipedia:Marshall has had anger management-related issues and incidents. On March 26, 2007, he was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[14] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007 after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[15]

Marshall also experienced legal run-ins while a student at UCF. According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween of 2004, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct, and resisting an officer.[1]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a downtown Denver nightclub, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. As the players were leaving the club, Williams was fatally shot in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall earlier that night.[16]

In the early morning of October 22nd, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver Metro area at the intersection of 14th St. and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[17]

Pretty impressive resume at 23. After reading about what Jerramy Stevens got away with being a pampered athlete, I'd bet this isn't the full extent of what should be on Marshalls record.
Your post does not address my original point, which is that TJ is 7 years older than Marshall. I made no claims about his run-ins with the law., so I assume your argument is that he will not be in the league imminently. Well, how much time does TJ have left in this league? Most people would argue that 5 years is at or around his shelf life. Unless Marshall does something Vick-like, which is highly unlikely, he will still be in this league at age 28. Marshall is the clear #1 WR on his team, which TJ is not. Marshall is more athletically gifted than TJ. Marshall has the same intensity and ability to block that TJ has. And Marshall is 7 years younger. Unless we are to assume that anyone with a track record is going to commit terrible offenses (offenses worse than murdering someone through drunk driving a la Leonard Little) we cannot just assume Marshall will be out of the league within even 10 years.I would also like to add that the fact that one of the cases you present has Marshall getting the charges dismissed which is relevant. Also, you cannot blame Marshall for the actions of a thug who decided to kill anyone they could in a limo because some champagne was spilled on him on New Year. That point is completely irrelevant. Who has not had arguments with unreasonable people in the past? I find it sick that you associate the guilt of a homicide to Marshall, as if you knew exactly how everything happened.

TJ = 30Marshall = 23

Your post does not address my original point, which is that TJ is 7 years older than Marshall. I made no claims about his run-ins with the law., so I assume your argument is that he will not be in the league imminently. Well, how much time does TJ have left in this league? Most people would argue that 5 years is at or around his shelf life. Unless Marshall does something Vick-like, which is highly unlikely, he will still be in this league at age 28. Marshall is the clear #1 WR on his team, which TJ is not. Marshall is more athletically gifted than TJ. Marshall has the same intensity and ability to block that TJ has. And Marshall is 7 years younger. Unless we are to assume that anyone with a track record is going to commit terrible offenses (offenses worse than murdering someone through drunk driving a la Leonard Little) we cannot just assume Marshall will be out of the league within even 10 years.I would also like to add that the fact that one of the cases you present has Marshall getting the charges dismissed which is relevant. Also, you cannot blame Marshall for the actions of a thug who decided to kill anyone they could in a limo because some champagne was spilled on him on New Year. That point is completely irrelevant. Who has not had arguments with unreasonable people in the past? I find it sick that you associate the guilt of a homicide to Marshall, as if you knew exactly how everything happened.
Wake up on the wrong side this morning?I wasn't trying to make the argument that TJ was more valuable in dynasty than Marshall, nor that it was his fault Williams died. :tinfoilhat:

My point was that he seems to have some anger issues that have led him to run-ins with the law. Those anger issues have even included a charge for assault on a law officer. Its one thing to be a screw up, its another all together assaulting a cop.

I don't know where he's at in his DUI trial, but that would constitute step 1 in the NFL's substance abuse policy.

These things are all red flags for me. While I do think this is probably where he belongs on the WR rankings, I don't think I would go out of my way to trade for him.

He's had one good year but it was his 2nd year and 1st as a starter. If you watched him each week and the way he plays you wouldn't be saying that TJ is better. TJ is a solid/safe wr but Marshall special ability that you don't see often. Some of his moves are absolutely sick and he will be a stud. The only thing TJ is better at is catching TD's and I expect Marshall (and the Bronco's) to improve in that area this year.

This one looks to be over. I'll start the next one and add Holmes, Jennings, Calvin, and Burress.

Kitrick Taylor said:
TJ = 30Marshall = 23

Wake up on the wrong side this morning?I wasn't trying to make the argument that TJ was more valuable in dynasty than Marshall, nor that it was his fault Williams died. :popcorn:

My point was that he seems to have some anger issues that have led him to run-ins with the law. Those anger issues have even included a charge for assault on a law officer. Its one thing to be a screw up, its another all together assaulting a cop.

I don't know where he's at in his DUI trial, but that would constitute step 1 in the NFL's substance abuse policy.

These things are all red flags for me. While I do think this is probably where he belongs on the WR rankings, I don't think I would go out of my way to trade for him.
You were arguing that TJ is more valuable, otherwise you would not not be suprised by the results of this poll. Again, I am not questioning the run-ins Marshall has had, i was just saying, "Unless we are to assume that anyone with a track record is going to commit terrible offenses (offenses worse than murdering someone through drunk driving a la Leonard Little) we cannot just assume Marshall will be out of the league within even 10 years." Your entire argument is based on Marshall being a malcontent who will not be in the league imminently due to his anger issues, my beliefs are clearly stated in the previous sentence. Also, you are equating what Marshall did with him being responsible for D Will's death or else you would not bring it up as one of his misdeeds. How can you say this is where you think Marshall belongs, when in this same discussion you have said that you cannot believe the way this pll is going, and that you would take TJ here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitrick Taylor said:
TJ = 30Marshall = 23

Wake up on the wrong side this morning?I wasn't trying to make the argument that TJ was more valuable in dynasty than Marshall, nor that it was his fault Williams died. :D

You were arguing that TJ is more valuable, otherwise you would not not be suprised by the results of this poll. Again, I am not questioning the run-ins Marshall has had, i was just saying, "Unless we are to assume that anyone with a track record is going to commit terrible offenses (offenses worse than murdering someone through drunk driving a la Leonard Little) we cannot just assume Marshall will be out of the league within even 10 years." Your entire argument is based on Marshall being a malcontent who will not be in the league imminently due to his anger issues, my beliefs are clearly stated in the previous sentence. Also, you are equating what Marshall did with him being responsible for D Will's death or else you would not bring it up as one of his misdeeds. How can you say this is where you think Marshall belongs, when in this same discussion you have said that you cannot believe the way this pll is going, and that you would take TJ here?
I did not make that intial post about TJ and Marshall. Someone named el centro did.The items I included in MY POST regarding Marshalls legal troubles were all copied from Wikipedia, as I stated in that post. That included the issue with Darrent Williams. I wasn't there that night, and I doubt you were either. How it truly happened may or may not be what we've read about it. To me, in and of itself, its not a strike against him. However, when combined with the other incidents, it suggests he's prone to putting himself and others in situations where something like this can happen.

I don't know Brandon Marshall personally. I doubt you do either. What I see is a guy that has numerous run-ins with the law including this one:

Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct, and resisting an officer

He was forced to take anger management classes due to another incident with his girlfriend as well. These are some of the same signs that we saw early with Chris Henry (WR), whose talent is probably very similar to that of Marshall. Yet look where he is due to his off-field issues right now.

Marshall may or may not get his act together, but for me its a red flag. If I had him, I'd be concerned. That's all I am saying.

Wow. Marshall with his one year over:

Anquan Boldin - 10/3/80

Torry Holt - 6/5/76

TJ Houshmandzadeh - 9/26/77

Terrell Owens - 12/7/73

Very surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread