What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Rankings- QB11 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #11 dynasty QB?

• Derek Anderson (6-15-1983)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vince Young (5-18-1983)

• Marc Bulger (4-5-1977)

• David Garrard (2-14-1978)

• Matt Schaub (6-25-1981)

• Phillip Rivers (12-8-1981)

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (3-24-1976) 59% [brady 37%]

2. Tom Brady, Patriots (8-3-1977) 37% [Romo 3%] **QB1 and 2 used the same poll**

3. Carson Palmer, Bengals (12-27-1979) 44% [Romo 21%]

4. Drew Brees, Saints (1-15-1979) 43% [Romo 34%]

5. Tony Romo, Cowboys (4-21-1980) 50% [Roethlisberger 47%]

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (3-2-1982) 47% **Same poll used for QB5 and 6**

7. Jay Cutler, Broncos (4-29-1983) 29% [E Manning 18%]

8. Eli Manning, Giants (1-3-1981) 26% [McNabb 20%]

9. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (11-25-1976) 28% [Hasselbeck 26%]

10. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (9-25-1975) 41% [bulger 25%]

agreed with country. Rivers realized that VJax and Chambers are studs, and they were having huge games down the stretch. I see Rivers shouldering more of the responsibility to get LT a bit of a break.

I went with Schaub, I don't understand the love for Garrard this high. Jax is a running team and Garrard seems to be a safe game manager that had everything fell into place last year. His ceiling is very low, Houston offense and Schaub are ready to bust out IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id have to go with Bulger with Schaub a close 2nd
In that case VY and its not even close.Seriously Young is underrated. He has the worst WR core in the league and the Titans are well aware of this fact. I'd be shocked if their starters in 2008 are even on the roster yet. If he gets even average WR's he's gonna special.

Who are the dummies voting for Vince Young????
I'm not sure exactly why you are so negative on Young. When you start getting this low in the dynasty rankings, you are looking for players with a ton of upside. Young has tremendous upside. He should have at least 500 yards rushing and 4-5 scores every year on the ground, allowing him room to grow into a more proficient passer. But even if he is never evolves into more than an average passer, his rushing numbers will make him a valuable player.Plus, you factor in the fact that this will only be his second full year starting, and he had the worst WR in the league the last two years, he has by far the most upside of any of the QBs listed.

Who are the dummies voting for Vince Young????
I'm not sure exactly why you are so negative on Young. When you start getting this low in the dynasty rankings, you are looking for players with a ton of upside. Young has tremendous upside. He should have at least 500 yards rushing and 4-5 scores every year on the ground, allowing him room to grow into a more proficient passer. But even if he is never evolves into more than an average passer, his rushing numbers will make him a valuable player.Plus, you factor in the fact that this will only be his second full year starting, and he had the worst WR in the league the last two years, he has by far the most upside of any of the QBs listed.
I just don't believe in the guy. Have you seen his throwing motion? He's lost his offensive coordinator now too. I just don't buy into the WRs being the problem, I think he's the problem. We're at QB11 - that's a starter for practically every league. Do you believe in him enough to make him your starting QB? I'm all about upside with guys, but if I'm going with developmental guys, give me Matt Ryan over Vince Young.

I think we should add Favre to the next list. Yeah he's old, but he's a top-5 caliber guy now and he could easily hang around another 3 years or so.

Went Garrard, with Bulger and Schaub a close 2nd and 3rd. Schaub's got potential, but I'd like him to stay healthy and put a full season together first. Garrard, in his first full year as a starter put up some very nice numbers with a mediocre receiving corp. Yes, Jax is a run first team, but so is Pittsburgh and that won't stop Roethlisberger from being a consistent top 5-10 QB. I see no reason why Garrard won't be able to build on this season, especially if Jacksonville finds themselves a real weapon at WR.

I went with Rivers here. I think he BREAKS out this season
He was the #8 scoring QB in my league in last 6 weeks and was #7 the year before. Great weapons and team. I like a top 5 guy in the end and none of the guys selected from 5 to 10 would I trade him for straight up. Add in youth.

Id have to go with Bulger with Schaub a close 2nd
In that case VY and its not even close.Seriously Young is underrated. He has the worst WR core in the league and the Titans are well aware of this fact. I'd be shocked if their starters in 2008 are even on the roster yet. If he gets even average WR's he's gonna special.
VY will have more HCs and OCs than M. Vick ever had and VY hasn't proven JACK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vince Young is Kordell Stewart, part 2

they both produced wonderfully for fantasy owners in their rookie season, they both looked horrible in the following season, and just as Kordell went downhill and proved that he was a one-hit (season) wonder, so will VY

Vince Young is Kordell Stewart, part 2they both produced wonderfully for fantasy owners in their rookie season, they both looked horrible in the following season, and just as Kordell went downhill and proved that he was a one-hit (season) wonder, so will VY
:popcorn:

Not sure why Bulger has not gotten much love in these polls. He's 30 years old and ranks 2nd ALL TIME in passing yards per game after Peyton Manning (258.7 vs 260.2). And he ranks #1 ALL TIME in passes completed per game.

Not sure why Bulger has not gotten much love in these polls. He's 30 years old and ranks 2nd ALL TIME in passing yards per game after Peyton Manning (258.7 vs 260.2). And he ranks #1 ALL TIME in passes completed per game.
I will be targetting him big time this year. His situation couldn't have been much worse last year.

Users who are viewing this thread