What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty QB Rankings- QB12 (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank as the #12 dynasty QB?

• Derek Anderson (6-15-1983)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vince Young (5-18-1983)

• David Garrard (2-14-1978)

• Matt Schaub (6-25-1981)

• Phillip Rivers (12-8-1981)

• Other

• Total voters

jeter23

Footballguy
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (3-24-1976) 59% [brady 37%]

2. Tom Brady, Patriots (8-3-1977) 37% [Romo 3%] **QB1 and 2 used the same poll**

3. Carson Palmer, Bengals (12-27-1979) 44% [Romo 21%]

4. Drew Brees, Saints (1-15-1979) 43% [Romo 34%]

5. Tony Romo, Cowboys (4-21-1980) 50% [Roethlisberger 47%]

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (3-2-1982) 47% **Same poll used for QB5 and 6**

7. Jay Cutler, Broncos (4-29-1983) 29% [E Manning 18%]

8. Eli Manning, Giants (1-3-1981) 26% [McNabb 20%]

9. Donovan McNabb, Eagles (11-25-1976) 28% [Hasselbeck 26%]

10. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks (9-25-1975) 41% [bulger 25%]

11. Marc Bulger, Rams (4-5-1977) 28% [Young 20%]

I'm still predicting big things for Schaub and the Houston offense, it seems like the only thing holding him back were injuries (to him and AJ) last year. I can't think of very many QB's that battled injuries throughout their career, could be just some bad luck for last year.

I'm still predicting big things for Schaub and the Houston offense, it seems like the only thing holding him back were injuries (to him and AJ) last year. I can't think of very many QB's that battled injuries throughout their career, could be just some bad luck for last year.
Just wait till they get a good RB...... :thumbup:

Based on what I saw last season:

Biggest upside: Schaub

Most dependable: Garrard

Rivers falls somewhere between the two I guess.

I don't get the VY voters. I get it, the guy has upside. So do all the other guys on this list. But with QBs, you want more sure things. QBs can play into their 40s, they don't lose their wheels at 30 like RBs. Garrard, Rivers, Schaub all much better choices than VY.

Garrard - 29 TDs (1 rushing) in 22 starts the last 2 years. (12 INTs)

VY - 31 TDs (10 rushing) in 30 starts the last 2 years. (30 INTs)

I like Schaub here as well. He is a good RB away from being very productive IMO.

Garrard is a close second. He is a model of consistancy, but will never see big numbers.

I think Rivers is to inconsistant to be put above the two.

I don't understand everyone's thinking here... Schaub w/ more votes than Rivers? VY - I guess I can see the thought there, with him having a very big upside. But Schaub? Rivers has an arsenal of weapons around him... Gates, LT, Chambers & youth with Jackson & Davis. PR had a great year in 2006 after staying within the same offensive system for the first time EVER in his career (college/Pros), and last year he switched from Marty-ball to Turner's schtick. Granted - I hope everyone passes on him, cuz I'll get a cheap top-10 QB in Round 6 again (i.e. Big Ben of `07).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivers or Garrard is close. Ill go with Rivers because of the surrounding talent.

Whats with the Young votes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Schaub has one thing that Phil Rivers and Garrard don't have.

A potentially elite WR.

VJax and Chambers are WR2 calibre. Garrard has a bunch of WR3s. Andre Johnson is young, and has already demonstrated the potential to be a game changer.

Is there anyone that can explain their rationale for selecting Vince Young? If you picked him, could you explain yourself?

Rivers will be great Value this yr.... personally; I thought he was coming into his own during the playoffs. LT2 was pretty much shutdown and gates was hurt. Rivers was working very well w/ VJax and CC.

this has got to be eiter Rivers or Garrard, what the hell is up with all the Vince Young votes?
This is the final offseason where potential outstrips performance in the minds of many. 1st thought comes to my head is "S*** or get off the pot" when it comes to VY. I think Rivers is the pick now.

Schaub has one thing that Phil Rivers and Garrard don't have.A potentially elite WR.VJax and Chambers are WR2 calibre. Garrard has a bunch of WR3s. Andre Johnson is young, and has already demonstrated the potential to be a game changer.
Gates, CC, Vjax vs. AJ, Daniels, Walter... :blackdot:

I voted D.A. because until things change, he's the only one who I'd actually want as my starting QB.

I voted D.A. because until things change, he's the only one who I'd actually want as my starting QB.
Fair enough logic, but would you actually draft him here, ahead of Rivers, while Brady Quinn is on the same team? Maybe he's the next version of Drew Brees (performs very well after a highly hyped QB gets drafted, then moves to a new team and continues to perform), but I have my doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread