What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post LT2 trade shock (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I never thought I would do it now, but I traded LT2 and Turner last night. I feel that I've taken a step backwards for 2008 in order to protect the future.

When is the right time to trade LT2? Hell, I don't have a clue, but you know what the old saying is, "It's better to trade a player a year or two too early, than a year too late.".

With this draft being as hyped as it is, I would expect a lot of LT2 trades this off-season. Are you trying to trade him, or trade for him? If you own LT2, are you going to ride the LT2 bus for a couple more years?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought I would do it now, but I traded LT2 and Turner last night. I feel that I've taken a step backwards for 2008 in order to protect the future.When is the right time to trade LT2? Hell, I don't have a clue, but you know what the old saying is, "It's better to trade a player a year or two too early, than a year too late.".With this draft being as hyped as it is, I would expect a lot of LT2 trades this off-season. Are you trying to trade him, or trade for him? If you own LT2, are you going to ride the LT2 bus for a couple more years?
What did you get for him?

I never thought I would do it now, but I traded LT2 and Turner last night. I feel that I've taken a step backwards for 2008 in order to protect the future.When is the right time to trade LT2? Hell, I don't have a clue, but you know what the old saying is, "It's better to trade a player a year or two too early, than a year too late.".With this draft being as hyped as it is, I would expect a lot of LT2 trades this off-season. Are you trying to trade him, or trade for him? If you own LT2, are you going to ride the LT2 bus for a couple more years?
Wrong Forum. No?

It appears that you fell asleep at the controls and hit the panic button. If you knew that you were going to trade LT2, then you should have gotten way more. You forgot one of the golden rules in trading, even if you don't liek the player...sell him at the value others place on him.Sorry, misread post thinking you traded lt2 for Turner... :D

For once, why not just discuss this here? I'd like to hear what others are selling LT for as well...

I never thought I would do it now, but I traded LT2 and Turner last night. I feel that I've taken a step backwards for 2008 in order to protect the future.

When is the right time to trade LT2? Hell, I don't have a clue, but you know what the old saying is, "It's better to trade a player a year or two too early, than a year too late.".

With this draft being as hyped as it is, I would expect a lot of LT2 trades this off-season. Are you trying to trade him, or trade for him? If you own LT2, are you going to ride the LT2 bus for a couple more years?
Wrong Forum. No?
although this can be merged with bloom's thread.

Wrong Forum. No?
I intentially left out the trade in the OP because I wanted this thread to be about when to trade LT2, not what I acutally got, so no, I don't think it's in the wrong forum.

Wrong Forum. No?
although this can be merged with bloom's thread.
True, merge would be better. I'm sure alot of guys who have LT, DO WONDER what they can get and should they trade LT?

Wrong Forum. No?
I intentially left out the trade in the OP because I wanted this thread to be about when to trade LT2, not what I acutally got, so no, I don't think it's in the wrong forum.
Yep.

Talking to people it seems that LT has been traded quite a bit in dynasty leagues this off-season. LT has peaked and will start a downslide, but still has a couple of good years left.

I traded LT this week as well in a dynasty league.

LT, Tony G and Santana Moss

got back

Mcgahee, Boldin and 1.02

Wrong Forum. No?
Timing is right, coming off His first injury.Stock on Him still High. So I would trade LT.But what is fair in return?

Wrong Forum. No?
Timing is right, coming off His first injury.Stock on Him still High. So I would trade LT.But what is fair in return?
Fair return is subjective. I would think most would want a top 2 draft pick in this year's draft +

Wrong Forum. No?
Fair return is subjective. I would think most would want a top 2 draft pick in this year's draft +
True, what side do you like?I would have made this trade as soon as the guy with the 1.01 picked anyone but McFadden.I wouldn't have done this trade for either of the other two.But getting back two young RB's and a young WR. All three player very good as well.For LT and a old TE, was a good trade.So value of LT=2 TOP 15 RB and a top 10 wr? I say Yes. At least that much.

So, you posted about the LT trade. What did you get in return?

Like I said earlier, I didn't want this thread to be about what I got, but more about the timing of trading LT2 and fair value without regards my trade.

Like I said earlier, I didn't want this thread to be about what I got, but more about the timing of trading LT2 and fair value without regards my trade.
So you came here to tell everyone you traded LT but won't tell us what you got for him. But you want everyone else to tell you what they can get for him? Why don't you just add to the discussion you're trying to start by telling us what you got for him too? Otherwise, it's just a "I just traded LT" thread. Congratulations?

Wrong Forum. No?
True, what side do you like?I would have made this trade as soon as the guy with the 1.01 picked anyone but McFadden.I wouldn't have done this trade for either of the other two.But getting back two young RB's and a young WR. All three player very good as well.For LT and a old TE, was a good trade.So value of LT=2 TOP 15 RB and a top 10 wr? I say Yes. At least that much.
I would think your assessment of fair value is close. I think 2 top 10 RBs and a WR with high potential is close, or a top 10 RB + a top 2 pick + a wr with high potential is close, but you would have to give up a little more than LT2 for that one IMO.

I won't comment either way. But you should post the trade.

So you came here to tell everyone you traded LT but won't tell us what you got for him. But you want everyone else to tell you what they can get for him? Why don't you just add to the discussion you're trying to start by telling us what you got for him too? Otherwise, it's just a "I just traded LT" thread. Congratulations?
Ok, but like I said, I hope this doesn't turn into more of what I got type of thread.I traded LT2, Turner, and Tatum Bell for Larry Johnson, the 1.02, and Jacoby Jones.

Ok, but like I said, I hope this doesn't turn into more of what I got type of thread.I traded LT2, Turner, and Tatum Bell for Larry Johnson, the 1.02, and Jacoby Jones.
I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. :goodposting:Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.

Your crazy, you got robbed. :goodposting: ThanksThats about right. Of course IF Turner goes to Houston, than trade is so so.But again fair value. Time is right to sell.

I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. :goodposting:Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.
Im not embarrassed at all. I love the trade for me. Do you own LT2? Are you holding or selling? When will you try to sell?

LJ is buy LOW. MR.U sold high, bought Low.I was told thats how it's done.

I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. ;)Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.
Feel free to disagree on LJ, that's what keeps his value high. He's currently ranked around Lynch, MJD and Portis - I'd prefer all 3, by a fair amount. LJ turns 29 this season, he's roughly 5 months younger than LT, basically negligible difference. granted, LT has twice as many carries, but he takes much better care of himself, is on the better team, with the better OL. the Chiefs OL is in shambles, I don't see any way LJ gets as many FF points for the remainder of his career as LT. Now, he did get the 1.02, but gave Turner. 1.02 is probably worth more, but not by much. FWIW, they're tied as #19 in my polls. Jones vs. Bell :goodposting: Jones is better, but not by enough. You basically gave LT for LJ. :X (sorry to make this about your trade, but that's how I see it)

I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. ;)Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.
Feel free to disagree on LJ, that's what keeps his value high. He's currently ranked around Lynch, MJD and Portis - I'd prefer all 3, by a fair amount. LJ turns 29 this season, he's roughly 5 months younger than LT, basically negligible difference. granted, LT has twice as many carries, but he takes much better care of himself, is on the better team, with the better OL. the Chiefs OL is in shambles, I don't see any way LJ gets as many FF points for the remainder of his career as LT. Now, he did get the 1.02, but gave Turner. 1.02 is probably worth more, but not by much. FWIW, they're tied as #19 in my polls. Jones vs. Bell :goodposting: Jones is better, but not by enough. You basically gave LT for LJ. :X (sorry to make this about your trade, but that's how I see it)
You are greatly undervaluing the 1.02 :X

Your saying you don't like Stewart?

I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. :goodposting: Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.
Im not embarrassed at all. I love the trade for me. Do you own LT2? Are you holding or selling? When will you try to sell?
I do own LT and will be trading IF I get good value. I like JohnnyW's trade. FWIW, if I liked LJ and didn't like Turner, your deal wouldn't be bad, as it is I think you traded one RB who might slow down for one who isn't any younger and we have more reasons to be concerned about. If I'm trading LT, it's for younger players, not a sort of lateral move.

I traded LT this week as well in a dynasty league.LT, Tony G and Santana Mossgot backMcgahee, Boldin and 1.02
WOW, you have up alot.If McFadden is there at 1.02 not that bad, but still.
I gave up LT2 and the 2.1 for 1.2, Jacobs and Calvin J - I own the 1.1 as well. I Still own Turner and Sproles and Foster and the guy has gore so we may do another trade and I may try to get the 2.1 back.. If i do, i will update the trade since technically they could have been wrapped into one.

I traded LT this week as well in a dynasty league.LT, Tony G and Santana Mossgot backMcgahee, Boldin and 1.02
WOW, you have up alot.If McFadden is there at 1.02 not that bad, but still.
I gave up LT2 and the 2.1 for 1.2, Jacobs and Calvin J - I own the 1.1 as well.
This is the type of deal that at least makes sense to me. Should be a good RB with 1.02, an elite talent with CJ2, and a decent filler in Jacobs. I like the concept.

I guess I'll pop in here, reluctantly.

I'm in the league where JohnnyU made that trade, and I own LT in two other leagues. So I have an interest in both this trade specifically as it affects the league's balance of power (I won the league in 2007, JohnnyU won it in 2006), and in LT trade value in general.

LT > LJ by a fair amount IMO as the SD offense and OL specifically is much better than the KC offense and should be for awhile (also, this is a PPR league which widens that gap). Turner vs. 1.02 is an unknown because we don't know enough about the situations, but my own value system places the pick ahead of Turner as of now. And Jacoby Jones will be a career #3 or maybe #2 on HOU most likely, while Bell is a non-factor, so neither will likely affect a fantasy team's starting lineup very much or very often. Is the 1.02 enough of a > over Turner to offset LT > LJ? Maybe, if the 1.02 really pans out great and Turner becomes another two year backup-become-starter like Jordan or Chet Taylor. For me though, LT is a difference making RB who can be a central factor in a championship, and I'm not giving him up unless what I'm getting in return is clearly strong.

In general terms, you play to win now if you have the horses. Selling an average player, or a player who is really old in historical terms (Galloway for example) a year or so too early is fine in order to avoid having a worthless commodity on your hands, but selling an LT too soon means letting go of title hopes when you had a key ingredient to winning it all. I won't give that up so easily. With a guy like LT, I won't outsmart myself and try to guess when the decline will happen. I ride him until he's clearly on the decline, thank him for what he gave me, and then get what I can for him even if it's not much.

The exception to that rule is if I'm offered a deal that is a clear, clear, trade win. That would mean, for LT, (1) a stud top-10 RB plus (2) another solid top-15 RB or a stud top-10 WR (in PPR that is; in non-PPR there are only 4-5 WRs that would qualify). All without age issues, and guys I feel good about. If I don't get that, I pound ahead for a title with my guy.

JohnnyU's deal looks like about a break even or less, and that's not good enough for me to give LT up.

It's a deep RB class. Is it worth it to jump that high? Guys like Felix Jones, J Stewart, and MForte could be as valuable as McF and Menden.What else are people getting for LT? How about for Turner? I think trading Turner in that deal might be worth the 1.02 alone.

I gave up LT2 and the 2.1 for 1.2, Jacobs and Calvin J - I own the 1.1 as well. I Still own Turner and Sproles and Foster and the guy has gore so we may do another trade and I may try to get the 2.1 back.. If i do, i will update the trade since technically they could have been wrapped into one.
That's more like it...giving up the upside of LT for Jacobs and Calvin J, plus a hope into the 1st round for a (risky) rookie.

:lmao:

You traded Turner?!?! i cant believe it. Last year at this time you were telling people to trade top 10 RB's for him. You laughed at me when i said i had Lynch ranked higher than him. You practically had Turner in the HOF.

Whats next, are you going to trade Benson?

Also, is it OK to have ACF questions in the Shark Pool as long as it involves LT? :lmao:
It's not an ACF question. The deal was already done last night. Talking about that deal as it relates to one out of every 10-14 dynasty owners on this board is a valid topic.If you disagree, fine, go post in the McFadden nickname thread. That one is important.

I see, so you were embarrassed to admit you sold too low. :lmao:Seriously, I think you should have gotten more, but I don't like LJ - he's another back I'd try to sell now.
Personally, I would have held off on that trade until you knew where Turner was going to land. I think now is the right time to sell LT if you want to sell high, but with Turner being involved in that trade I don't see that as a sell high. I received W. Parker and the 1.1 pick out of LT.

So now we have 2 threads going....specifically about LT2's dynasty value & the right time to trade him.

JohnnyU - you kept saying this thread wasn't supposed to be about your trade. So why not just get in on the discussion here

So now we have 2 threads going....specifically about LT2's dynasty value & the right time to trade him.

JohnnyU - you kept saying this thread wasn't supposed to be about your trade. So why not just get in on the discussion here
Anyone who thinks that this or the other LT thread is not to get feedback on their trade is easily fooled.

Anyone who thinks that this or the other LT thread is not to get feedback on their trade is easily fooled.
Oh, I don't really believe it's purely about LT, I'm quite sure it's about JohnnyU's trade. I just don't know why he won't "man up" and admit it.

I traded LT this week as well in a dynasty league.

LT, Tony G and Santana Moss

got back

Mcgahee, Boldin and 1.02
It's a deep RB class. Is it worth it to jump that high? Guys like Felix Jones, J Stewart, and MForte could be as valuable as McF and Menden.What else are people getting for LT? How about for Turner? I think trading Turner in that deal might be worth the 1.02 alone.
I'm not sure how that has anything to do with it, unless he only traded LT to get the pick and could have gotten the 4 or 5 cheap. If he agrees with you, he should trade the 1.02 for 1.05+, even those of us who think the RBs are roughly equal would give something to move up, if only for the higher pick to get the better situation. Those who don't think the RBs are close would assumably, give up more.

IMO the thing that kills this trade for Johnny is losing Turner.

Like many, I am have my doubts about LJ.

and the inclusion of Turner tilts this deal in the opponents favor.

I agree with the previous poster that the 1.02 and Turner are very close in value,

if you then elimnate the Bell / Jacoby swap, this deal is virtually LT for LJ.

I like the 1.02 a lot, but giving LT plus Turner is too much.

LJ's best days are behind him, imo.

Getting back to the original subject,

I think fair value in this particular instance would

have been a 3rd round rookie pick instead of Turner.

Then the deal would have been, in essence.... LT & 3rd for LJ & 1.02,

which makes much more sense than Johnny's actual deal.

IMO the thing that kills this trade for Johnny is losing Turner.Like many, I am have my doubts about LJ.and the inclusion of Turner tilts this deal in the opponents favor.I agree with the previous poster that the 1.02 and Turner are very close in value,if you then elimnate the Bell / Jacoby swap, this deal is virtually LT for LJ.I like the 1.02 a lot, but giving LT plus Turner is too much.LJ's best days are behind him, imo.Getting back to the original subject,I think fair value in this particular instance wouldhave been a 3rd round rookie pick instead of Turner.Then the deal would have been, in essence.... LT & 3rd for LJ & 1.02,which makes much more sense than Johnny's actual deal..
To be fair, JohnnyU did post on that site were He made this trade.'I haven't won with LT and I'm building for the future, I'm use to finishing near the bottom so if that happens because of this trade it's no big deal'. :thumbup:

Oh, I don't really believe it's purely about LT, I'm quite sure it's about JohnnyU's trade. I just don't know why he won't "man up" and admit it.
No, not at all. I tried not to post what my trade was, but several wouldn't let it go. I also didn't post it in the OP, because like I already said, I wanted this thread to be about more than my trade. I think I was pretty clear about this. Personally, I don't need reassurance of my trades after the fact. You win some and you lose some. I accept that, but what's really important is when to trade LT2.

Users who are viewing this thread