What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cedric Benson (1 Viewer)

ffwebster

Footballguy
Does this guy have any value? It seems that he can be had for a song these days. Do you sharks think he might be an ultimate buy low guy?

Does this guy have any value? It seems that he can be had for a song these days. Do you sharks think he might be an ultimate buy low guy?
Any questions or statements involving the words "ultimate" and "Benson" can never be put together in a positive manner. Never.

I'd still wait to see what the Bears do in FA and the draft. We still have two big holes on the O-line. Nothing proven in the WR department and Rex Grossman leading the charge. The Bears might have the worst Offense the NFL has seen in a while.

I'd love to get a song for him. Seriously, I think the Bears will take an RB with their 1st round pick and look to dump Benson after this season. I don't see much upside here.

Any questions or statements involving the words "ultimate" and "Benson" can never be put together in a positive manner. Never.
If you can get any rb at a unbelieveably low value I say get them. And although I knew Benson was a product of having a running QB he did play alot better before getting hurt. And until he is replaced he is the starter in CHI as much as alot of guys around here want to replace him. In leagues that I play in RBs are premium and only need to have 2 solid games in a row to net you a big payout.

I'd love to get a song for him. Seriously, I think the Bears will take an RB with their 1st round pick and look to dump Benson after this season. I don't see much upside here.
I wouldn't be shocked, but I also don't think that will happen. Bears will go OL in rd 1. There is too much money invested in Benson and the Bears want to give him one more shot behind an improved OL to see if he can cut it. Yeah Chicago Does want to bring in another back to "compete" with Ced, but it will be a back Benson will easily beat out. Someone along the lines of Chris Brown or Julius Jones.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I also don't think that will happen. Bears will go OL in rd 1. There is too much money invested in Benson and the Bears want to give him one more shot behind an improved OL to see if he can cut it. Yeah Chicago Does want to bring in another back to "compete" with Ced, but it will be a back Benson will easily beat out. Someone along the lines of Chris Brown or Julius Jones.
As a Benson owner, I hope you're right. I know the Bears have a ton of needs on offense so they'd be better served to focus on other positions in the draft but I think Mendenhall may be there at pick #14 and may prove too hard to pass up.

Jerry Angelo refuses to admit when he has made a mistake in the draft so Benson will get another shot at being the starter and will probably fail miserably again.

Jerry Angelo refuses to admit when he has made a mistake in the draft so Benson will get another shot at being the starter and will probably fail miserably again.
:towelwave:

Wolfe is too small for every down duty.

Peterson is 29 in 2008, he's not taking the starting job away.

Competition will have to come from a lower tier free agent or the draft.

I'd expect the Bears to take OL in the 1st.

It's what would help both the passing game and the running game the most.

Perhaps they take a QB in the 2nd.

They do have an extra 3rd round pick from the Chargers. Could go RB by then.

Wolfe is too small for every down duty.Peterson is 29 in 2008, he's not taking the starting job away.Competition will have to come from a lower tier free agent or the draft.I'd expect the Bears to take OL in the 1st. It's what would help both the passing game and the running game the most.Perhaps they take a QB in the 2nd.They do have an extra 3rd round pick from the Chargers. Could go RB by then.
Not to mention we are hoping to draft a WR by rd 3 as well. Assuming we don't pick up anyone decent in FA.

Bears have way too many holes to fill that are a higher priority than RB. I bet they wont even look at a RB until rd4.

Should they even look at RB at all? Unless they sign a WR or OL then theres no reason to draft a RB. Main concerns are WR and OL and maybe a S.

If they don't get OLine, I might as well run the ball (if they will work around my work schedule.)

I'ld rather have Benson than Chris Brown fantasy wise right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benson is worth a shot if you get an owner looking to dump him before his value hits rock bottom.

Ced has all the talent in the world but hasn't shown the same heart he did at Texas. If I owned him he probably would be a hold because I'd rather just let him bust on my bench then trade him off for a quarter on the dollar. He's probably only valuable to you if you're looking to package him and another player for an upgrade. Benson + Lav Coles for a low #1 WR type deal.

Think Adrian Peterson upside.....

now picture the complete opposite...thats benson :goodposting:

Benson is worth a shot if you get an owner looking to dump him before his value hits rock bottom.
it can get lower?
Yes, if he's NOT the primary ball carrier for a team it would drop to the Maurice Morris level.
Ced has all the talent in the world
:lmao:
Do you think that his physical attributes are what's holding him back right now? Benson has all the "measurables" that are needed to be a successful running back in the NFL.
He's probably only valuable to you if you're looking to package him and another player for an upgrade. Benson + Lav Coles for a low #1 WR type deal.
:no:
If a team is desperate at running back odd trades go down. Probably more like a nice #2 WR with upside but you get the idea. Based on your expressed opinion of Benson I would not expect you to agree with the possible value but hypotetically speaking I could see a Ced + Sidney Rice for Calvin Johnson type trade being made.

Get rid of the UY in BUY add an 'S' to the end of LOW and combine it all together Electric Company style.

B________LOWS

B______LOWS

B___LOWS

BLOWS

I only have Benson in one of 6 leagues, and I offered him for a can of Captain Black pipe tobacco and was turned down. Sad....very sad.

Do you think that his physical attributes are what's holding him back right now? Benson has all the "measurables" that are needed to be a successful running back in the NFL.
Yes, I think he lacks the abilities necesary to be a good NFL back. I watch alot of Bears games and have never seen a big back go down as easily as he does. he never gets extra yards let alone actually braking a tackle. Throw on top of that a "me first" attitude, and I'll be shocked if the Bears dont draft a RB that replaces him by mid-season. People can make all the excuses they want for him but those of us that watch him say he sucks.
I only have Benson in one of 6 leagues, and I offered him for a can of Captain Black pipe tobacco and was turned down. Sad....very sad.
In my dynasty league, the Benson owner hopes to trade him, but beats that he will have to outright drop him.

I'd still wait to see what the Bears do in FA and the draft. We still have two big holes on the O-line. Nothing proven in the WR department and Rex Grossman leading the charge. The Bears might have the worst Offense the NFL has seen in a while.
I agree that they have problems, but let's not get carried away. The 2006 Raiders were as bad as I've ever seen an NFL offense.

Who else is going to run the ball for the Bears?

285 carries 1140 yards 4 ypc 8 TD 25 catches 154 yards 0 TD in 2008.

I've bought low for Benson the last 2 seasons, every year disappointed. I'm moving on. No line, no QB, now no WRs... that offense will be lucky to score a TD a game this year

Who else is going to run the ball for the Bears?285 carries 1140 yards 4 ypc 8 TD 25 catches 154 yards 0 TD in 2008.
Ray Rice? We're about at the stage of an unsuccessful, highly drafted RB's career where his team starts to look for alternatives in the draft if he's going to remain on the roster. Obviously this is just a guess, but we've seen Chicago draft RB's highly before when they've had other pressing needs, such as Curtis Enis back in 1998. I'm not predicting this so much as just trying to point out that what we can say about Benson's lack of competition in March won't necessarily hold true in September.

I agree Rice or one of the other rookies could take the starting job away from Benson.

I don't see any free agent RBs left that could do it however so unless the Bears invest a high pick on a RB it looks like Benson will get another shot to me.

And based on posters comments about Benson I would have to say he seems like a good player to target in trade.

I doubt teams will give up on a first round pick after just 11 games as a starter. I think he has one more year left to prove himself.

Everybody, including Angelo and Lovie know the o-line was awful last year, as evidenced by 2 of the 5 starters not returning.

You dont spend the 4th pick on a rb and then start him behind an awful o-line.

I think he will get another shot.

RB's will always have some value. In our league last year his ranking (yearly average) was #27 RB, in a ppr league that you can start 3 RB's. Chicago's problems last year were much deeper than Benson, the o-line was horrible, QB's sucked, and the play calling did not seem to help anyone. Benson looked better the last 2 games before the injury, I would not give up a lot but he is worth taking a shot at if an owner wants to unload him for next to nothing.

Why do you guys expect for the o-line situation to improve such that Benson is a good buy-low candidate?

Why do you guys expect for the o-line situation to improve such that Benson is a good buy-low candidate?
Figured it would have to, but now Im not so sure.Faneca and Jacob Bell gone. Jake Scott is the last remaining viable guard to replace Brown I guess.Not sure how much impact a 1st rd tackle can make in year 1.Angelo is on thin ice man

Users who are viewing this thread