What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100: 31-40 (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
Bloom 100: 31-40

As always, discussion/debate is welcomed and encouraged. The point of these rankings is not to be the last word on these guys, but instead the first word of a good in-depth look at their fantasy (and by implication NFL) prospects.

By the way, I had some remorse not putting Keller higher. Chances are he'll move up in the final pre-draft version.

IMO keller is not only the best te in the draft but also the best wr. He's just a mismatch for the opposing defenders.

Do you really think that chris long will fall to the 3rd round of most IDP drafts?

IMO keller is not only the best te in the draft but also the best wr. He's just a mismatch for the opposing defenders. Do you really think that chris long will fall to the 3rd round of most IDP drafts?
Every time I watch tape on Keller, I like him more. If I released a 100 today, he'd be very close to breaking the top 20-25.no, when in doubt people will take the highest drafted players. So Long and Gholston will go high. I still think unless you have a sack heavy scoring system, even potentially elite DEs arent worth considering until after all the projected starters at WR and potential starters at RB are off the board.

Is your opinion of Lofton predicated on him going to a 4-3 team, Sig?

I really like his potential, but wonder "what happens if...." he winds up going to a team that runs more 3-4 fronts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your opinion of Lofton predicated on him going to a 4-3 team, Sig?I really like his potential, but wonder "what happens if...." he winds up going to a team that runs more 3-4 fronts.
I think he'll be just as productive as a 3-4 ILB. Connor I think would be MORE productive in a 3-4, a la David Harris, because of his limited range, but great skills playing downhill. Philip Wheeler may also fit best inside in a 3-4 if he's considered big enough. LBs are very difficult to rank pre-draft because of the great effect situation has - no one had Ryans as an MLB until Houston drafted him. Im sure we'll have a case or two like that this year, especially with guys like Lofton and Mayo who played inside and outside.

Is your opinion of Lofton predicated on him going to a 4-3 team, Sig?I really like his potential, but wonder "what happens if...." he winds up going to a team that runs more 3-4 fronts.
I think he'll be just as productive as a 3-4 ILB. Connor I think would be MORE productive in a 3-4, a la David Harris, because of his limited range, but great skills playing downhill. Philip Wheeler may also fit best inside in a 3-4 if he's considered big enough. LBs are very difficult to rank pre-draft because of the great effect situation has - no one had Ryans as an MLB until Houston drafted him. Im sure we'll have a case or two like that this year, especially with guys like Lofton and Mayo who played inside and outside.
For pure upside, situation unknown, I like Mayo for his chance to be specifically picked for a high stat role. Make sense? He's a beast in the making. Not sure I feel that way about Connor or Lofton, though I expect them to be very good. We're on the same page with Rivers too. I mentioned in Baca's rankings that I Iike Woodyard quite a bit and would put him in a tier with all these names at this point in the process. I tuned into UK to see the offensive suspects and Woodyard usually stole the show.ETA: Apppreciate the Groves over Gholston for IDP purposes. I agree it's way closer than most people think. I cannot convince myself to agree with you though. Groves has a better chance of being a 3-4 OLB, which will hurt his fantasy value.

I think I keep my hype in check for rookie drafts, but every time I see the list of players this year, I like the quality depth even more.

Bloom / CC / OPWOICTR* - Objectively, can you compare the depth this year to previous years, both by position and overall?

* - Other people's whose opinions I've come to respect

I think I keep my hype in check for rookie drafts, but every time I see the list of players this year, I like the quality depth even more.Bloom - Objectively, can you compare the depth this year to previous years, both by position and overall?
off the top of my headQBs are terrible this year, although they werent much deeper (if at all) last yearRBs are MUCH deeper this yearWRs are very deep this year, but last year wasnt bad either with that monumental third round runTEs are deeper this yearOTs are deeper this yearG/C were deeper last yearDTs were deeper last yearDEs are deeper this yearLBs were probably deeper last year, but neither year was that greatCBs are close to equal, although I probably prefer this yearSs were deeper last yearoverall, this year's draft is deeper, but last year's draft had better talent at the top.

For pure upside, situation unknown, I like Mayo for his chance to be specifically picked for a high stat role. Make sense? He's a beast in the making. Not sure I feel that way about Connor or Lofton, though I expect them to be very good. We're on the same page with Rivers too. I mentioned in Baca's rankings that I Iike Woodyard quite a bit and would put him in a tier with all these names at this point in the process. I tuned into UK to see the offensive suspects and Woodyard usually stole the show.ETA: Apppreciate the Groves over Gholston for IDP purposes. I agree it's way closer than most people think. I cannot convince myself to agree with you though. Groves has a better chance of being a 3-4 OLB, which will hurt his fantasy value.
Im assuming both will be 3-4 OLBs right now. If Gholston is an end, he'll move up into the 30s for sure and probably ahead of Groves.

I think I keep my hype in check for rookie drafts, but every time I see the list of players this year, I like the quality depth even more.

Bloom / CC / OPWOICTR* - Objectively, can you compare the depth this year to previous years, both by position and overall?

* - Other people's whose opinions I've come to respect
The lack of elite talent is bothersome, but for us fantasy types this class hits all the right notes. So there's not a lot of DEs after a few good ones. And the OLBs are shallow along with the safeties. Corner is deep but not elite. A nice crew of ILBs for IDP purposes. Loaded with Backs, TEs, WRs, and even QB has some very interesting players. As a talent pool it is better than O7 and 05, not as strong as 04 and 06; for fantasy purposes it may be as good as any. That's my opinion, jurb thinks I am underrating it. As the hype builds I am starting to agree with him, but I'm a sucker for draft hype.

Im assuming both will be 3-4 OLBs right now. If Gholston is an end, he'll move up into the 30s for sure and probably ahead of Groves.
Understood. It seems Gholston's only flaw is being a little too stiff for LB duty. I am thinking of him as an end until he's drafted otherwise. If Greg Ellis can play OLB at a high level then certainly Gholston can, but I think the best fit is DE. We'll see.

Any other homers or other interested observers want to chime in on these guys? Anyone I've disrespected greatly by not putting them in America's Top 40?

Any other homers or other interested observers want to chime in on these guys? Anyone I've disrespected greatly by not putting them in America's Top 40?
why no love for henne or flacco...those are the qbs I hope the falcons take later on instead of ryan at 1:3

why no love for henne or flacco...those are the qbs I hope the falcons take later on instead of ryan at 1:3
Ill fully address it when they come up, but its a combo of a deep RB/WR class, me not being completely sold on either of them, and what I am observing in my leagues - that QBs are not a hot commodity compared to the other positions.

I would like to see where Eddie Royal, Steve Johnson and Dexter Jackson make their appearance.

None of the safeties interest me this year, and corners are only valuable in certain league formats.

Just a personal opinion Bloom, but I think you'll struggle with 60-100 with this class.

Last year had more elite skill players at the top, RB is deeper this year and Wr's are about the same minus a Calvin Johnson.

I'm with Bloom and CC, the 2nd tier of WR's and RB's are much better than 07. I'm intrigued by Lofton and Mayo more so than Rivers and Connors.

i think you are overranking WR's a lot, but overall nicely done.

I was wondering were a WR like DJ Hall would fall. I go to Alabama and he did some pretty impressive things. One knock on him might be that he looks disinterested at times. Personally, I feel for the guy. If I had John-Parker Wilson(terrible) throwing me the ball i might lose interest too. DJ Hall has a good NFL build and he's got excellent field awareness(always comes down inbounds). I'm not sure about his speed.

I was wondering were a WR like DJ Hall would fall. I go to Alabama and he did some pretty impressive things. One knock on him might be that he looks disinterested at times. Personally, I feel for the guy. If I had John-Parker Wilson(terrible) throwing me the ball i might lose interest too. DJ Hall has a good NFL build and he's got excellent field awareness(always comes down inbounds). I'm not sure about his speed.
He didn't look in the same league as the other WRs at the Senior Bowl, a lot more work to do on his game and his physique. He'll make an appearance later in the 100, but not in the 10-20.

i think you are overranking WR's a lot, but overall nicely done.
thanks for the feedback. It might seem that way because the rankings assume PPR, but there's also my reluctance to break apart that 2nd tier of WRs right now, which might inflate the WRs rankings overall. Im sure some of them will drop in the post-draft 100.

so .....TE Martellus Bennett is nowhere to be seen in your top 50?.....interesting....i would have thought his size, blocking would have put him above some of the others you have listed. be interesting to hear reasons why he is not in thd 35-50 range...

tex

so .....TE Martellus Bennett is nowhere to be seen in your top 50?.....interesting....i would have thought his size, blocking would have put him above some of the others you have listed. be interesting to hear reasons why he is not in thd 35-50 range...tex
I like Bennett as a two way TE a lot. I think he even has the athletic ability to be a decent fantasy TE - worth rostering a backup possibly. But he is still not very polished as a receiver, which puts him behind the more natural receivers coming out this year at the TE position.

Users who are viewing this thread