#1 KellysHeroes

KellysHeroes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,851 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

#1, I like FantasyAuctioner... but both yrs my league has used it; we had problems. Many owners complain that they didn't get a bid in or the "+1 Button" didn't work; and for the $$, I really wasn't complain.

I went on the website today and saw that they have jacked up to $44.99... thats getting expensive.

I see ESPN is starting a new Free Auction, I can't wait to try that

Anyone got anything else

Edited by KellysHeroes, 08 June 2008 - 05:04 PM.

My Dynasty Rosters

From every post I ever see who make, you seriously have to be the most "win now" owner of anyone one here.

You are the exact opposite of Peso. 

I can just see you trading Gronk for Steven jackson, Crabtree for Reggie Wayne, Blackmon for Boldin, and a couple future 1sts for Gore. 

#2 KellysHeroes

KellysHeroes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,851 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

I guess no one else does live Auction Drafts

My Dynasty Rosters

From every post I ever see who make, you seriously have to be the most "win now" owner of anyone one here.

You are the exact opposite of Peso. 

I can just see you trading Gronk for Steven jackson, Crabtree for Reggie Wayne, Blackmon for Boldin, and a couple future 1sts for Gore. 

#3 I was in the pool

I was in the pool

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 966 posts
  • Joined 19-July 10

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Anyone use Auction software this time of year? ESPN closed down until mid-summer I presume...
Show Host: Under The Helmet Dynasty Podcast also available on iTunes by searching "Chad Parsons."

Follow me on twitter: Chad Parsons

#4 roadkill1292

roadkill1292

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,842 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

When you say "live" do you mean with everyone online at the same time or with everyone physically in the same place? I can't help with the former but know a little something about the latter.

#5 Greg Russell

Greg Russell

Footballguy

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 8,632 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Anyone use Auction software this time of year? ESPN closed down until mid-summer I presume...

MFL 2012 leagues are live already, and they support live online auctions. Here is a thread I did last year with comments on the interface and suggestions to avoid issues. It was in beta last year, hopefully they've worked out some of those kinks.

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is." - Oscar Wilde

#6 Return of the Sheep

Return of the Sheep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 08-September 05

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

When you say "live" do you mean with everyone online at the same time or with everyone physically in the same place? I can't help with the former but know a little something about the latter.

I do a live (physically present) auction, but I need some helpful ideas. What usually happens is that I'm the only one using a laptop to keep track of everyones money, making sure owners stay within their allotted amounts. Towards the end of the auction when I'm ready to scarf up some cheap sleepers, people start hovering over me and my computer and I end up being outbid or missing players altogether. Any ideas on making the auction go more smoothly (for me at least)?

#7 the turnip

the turnip

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 12-March 07

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

We make several owners keep track of funds and every few rounds do a money check. The owner calls out how much cap he has left and the money police agree or if need be investigate what happened. No one gets to look at my cheat sheets. One owner usually brings a FF mag and crosses off names as we go. If someone cant come up with a name we throw out the top three on the list and let them pick.

#8 Return of the Sheep

Return of the Sheep

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 08-September 05

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

We make several owners keep track of funds and every few rounds do a money check. The owner calls out how much cap he has left and the money police agree or if need be investigate what happened. No one gets to look at my cheat sheets. One owner usually brings a FF mag and crosses off names as we go. If someone cant come up with a name we throw out the top three on the list and let them pick.

I give out sheets for owners that basically do everything for them and all they need to do is add their money and subtract, but many of them continue to get confused towards the end. I like the money police idea. Maybe I'll have police call out random inspections and if people have the wrong amounts they will be required to "sit in jail" for the next player or something...

#9 Greg Russell

Greg Russell

Footballguy

• Staff
  • Pip
  • 8,632 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I do a live (physically present) auction, but I need some helpful ideas. What usually happens is that I'm the only one using a laptop to keep track of everyones money, making sure owners stay within their allotted amounts. Towards the end of the auction when I'm ready to scarf up some cheap sleepers, people start hovering over me and my computer and I end up being outbid or missing players altogether. Any ideas on making the auction go more smoothly (for me at least)?

Have 1 computer displaying to a projector with a list of players taken and how much cap room teams have left. As each player is awarded, the winning owner goes up to the computer and puts in the winning bid to update available cap room, and transfers the player to his team. You could use your normal league site, Draft Dominator or even just Excel.

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is." - Oscar Wilde

#10 roadkill1292

roadkill1292

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,842 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I give out sheets for owners that basically do everything for them and all they need to do is add their money and subtract, but many of them continue to get confused towards the end. I like the money police idea. Maybe I'll have police call out random inspections and if people have the wrong amounts they will be required to "sit in jail" for the next player or something...

Do it like turnip says, after an owner buys a player have him an announce his remaining funds and high bid. You back him up with your excel.

The best option is kinda pricey. We had four leagues go in on it to make it feasible. But it really works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users