#1 -OZ-

-OZ-

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,009 posts
  • Joined 18-April 04

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

While probably the simplest way to draft, and the least fun, autopick does have some advantages.

I'm starting one and wondering if there's any real strategy to be had here, aside from ranking your players how you really would draft them.

There are no atheists in foxholes and there are no libertarians in financial crises.

— Krugman, in an interview with Bill Maher on HBO's "Real Time," broadcast Sept. 19.

#2 Bri

Bri

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,118 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

If you rank them in order and the entire order is digested each pick, that's a different animal.
If it's pick X amount per round, then use ADP and think a round behind like in round 6, fill 7 of 10 spots with round 5 players. Once you get out of the first so many rounds ALOT of players fall in these drafts.

Twitter Formerly of USAToday, owner of FootballHangout. Creator of Mock Draft Simulator app on Google Play Store.

#3 a_troll00

a_troll00

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 08-May 07

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

Here is a great article from 2005, it really helped me out in last year's draft.

http://footballguys....ce_conrad01.php

One league I'm in is an autopick draft. The people in the league are scattered across the country and we all seem to have different schedules. So, we use autopick. It's not the greatest way to draft, but it's still not that bad.

#4 homebrumiester

homebrumiester

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

I have done a few and the method I use is to rank RB, WR, QB and TE but put all K and D-teams on your excluded list. This way you can pick-up a kicker after the draft and with D I just play the WW for match-ups.

#5 a_troll00

a_troll00

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 08-May 07

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

I have done a few and the method I use is to rank RB, WR, QB and TE but put all K and D-teams on your excluded list. This way you can pick-up a kicker after the draft and with D I just play the WW for match-ups.

I could have sworn I tried that with Yahoo and it still forced a kicker and D on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users